|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mack is in a group of men who will work at ____________________.
(a) Greystone Manor.
(b) Glen Helen.
(c) Brierly Estate.
(d) Mockjack Hall.
2. Lady Alicia essentially tells Jay to __________________ if she refuses him in his pursuit of an heir.
(a) Blackmail Lizzie.
(b) Rape Lizzie.
(c) Persuade Lizzie.
(d) Kill Lizzie.
3. What can Mack tell about Lizzie when he sees her riding her horse?
(a) She has never been on a horse before.
(b) She is an expert rider.
(c) She has been beaten.
(d) She is pregnant.
4. Where do Jay and his men stop to ask if anyone has seen Mack and Lizzie?
(a) Harper's Ferry.
(b) Roanoke's Ferry.
(c) Dobb's Ferry.
(d) Lynch's Ferry.
5. Which servant girl do Lizzie and Mack take to the doctor in Fredericksburg?
6. What does Peg tell Jay and his men?
(b) The contents of Mack's wagon.
(c) The location of Mack and Lizzie.
(d) Mack's escape plans.
7. What are Peg's feelings for Mack?
(a) She likes him as a friend.
(b) She tolerates him.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She is warming up to him.
8. Whom did Jay tell Armstrong he could find?
9. Lizzie plans a party for _________________.
(a) The ship's officers.
(b) Her new neighbors.
(c) The field hands.
(d) Her new church members.
10. Who delivers Lizzie's baby?
(c) Her physician.
11. Who is the overseer of Mockjack Hall?
(a) Charles Maguire.
(b) George Weston.
(c) Bill Sowerby.
(d) Edward Jones.
12. What are Robert's plans for the plantation?
(a) Foreclose on it.
(b) Sell it.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Expand it.
13. What is the only thing that prevents Mack from escaping?
(a) Not enough money.
(b) Bad weather.
(c) His love for Lizzie.
(d) His bad knee.
14. Jay begins to think that _______________________.
(a) Lizzie is dead.
(b) He is in love with Peg.
(c) Things would be easier if Lizzie dies.
(d) Mack and Lizzie are en route to Scotland.
15. Who visits the Jamissons from the Secretary of State's office?
(a) Sir Edward Strong.
(b) Sir John Smart.
(c) Sir Patrick Maguire.
(d) Sir Philip Armstrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days do Mack, Lizzie and Peg travel before they reach the river?
2. What happens to Jay when he is with Cora?
3. Lizzie and Jay are to leave for Virginia ____________.
4. Who takes charge of the household staff after the death of Lizzie's baby?
5. What is Mack and Lizzie's primary goal?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)