|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man whom Peg killed?
(a) Chet Weston.
(b) Burgo Marler.
(c) Hank Burstyn.
(d) Flick Maguire.
2. What happens to Jay after the first tobacco crop?
(a) He returns to Scotland.
(b) He is financially ruined.
(c) He must sell Mockjack Hall.
(d) He shoots himself.
3. What river do Mack and Lizzie reach in Chapter 40?
(a) Monongahela River.
(b) Holston River.
(c) Great Miami River.
(d) Ohio River.
4. What is the name of the prison where Peg and Cora are sent?
(a) Tower of London.
(b) Glengarry Prison.
(c) Bristol Prison.
(d) Newgate Prison.
5. How long does it take the ship carrying the prisoners to reach the colonies?
(a) 15 days.
(b) 8 weeks.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 10 weeks.
6. Lizzie plans a party for _________________.
(a) The field hands.
(b) Her new neighbors.
(c) The ship's officers.
(d) Her new church members.
7. In exchange for being sent to America instead of being hanged, _____________ tells Jamisson where Mack lives.
8. Why is Jay in hot pursuit of Lizzie?
(a) He is still in love with her.
(b) He needs to produce an heir.
(c) He knows she stole his money.
(d) He is angry that she shot at him.
9. Who visits the Jamissons from the Secretary of State's office?
(a) Sir Edward Strong.
(b) Sir Philip Armstrong.
(c) Sir Patrick Maguire.
(d) Sir John Smart.
10. What is notable about Lizzie's baby?
(a) She is stillborn.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) She is deaf.
(d) She is retarded.
11. Who arrives unexpectedly at Mockjack Hall?
(a) Lady Elizabeth.
(b) Sir George.
(c) Lady Alicia.
12. Whom does Lizzie's mother marry?
(a) Sir James.
(b) Mr. Clayton.
(c) Mr. Maguire.
(d) Reverend York.
13. How did Peg kill the farmer who tried to rape her?
(a) Drowned him.
(b) Stabbed him.
(c) Strangled him.
(d) Shot him.
14. Mack finds a map of _______________ which he studies to plan an escape.
(d) Mockjack Hall.
15. What does Peg tell Jay and his men?
(a) Mack's escape plans.
(c) The location of Mack and Lizzie.
(d) The contents of Mack's wagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Mack to Fredericksburg in Chapter 29?
2. What does the man from the Secretary of State's office want to do to Mack?
3. Jay and Lizzie's first tobacco crop is labeled as _________________.
4. What does Mack give the Indians in exchange for their guide services?
5. What are Peg's feelings for Mack?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)