|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is notable about Lizzie's baby?
(a) She is retarded.
(b) She is deaf.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) She is stillborn.
2. What happens to Jay after the first tobacco crop?
(a) He must sell Mockjack Hall.
(b) He is financially ruined.
(c) He returns to Scotland.
(d) He shoots himself.
3. What has Mack prepared for his escape?
(a) A survival kit.
(c) A network of hideouts.
(d) A picnic lunch.
4. In exchange for being sent to America instead of being hanged, _____________ tells Jamisson where Mack lives.
5. Jay's views on _______________ offend the dinner guests.
(a) Raising children.
(d) Captial punishment.
6. Whom did Jay tell Armstrong he could find?
7. Who is the overseer of Mockjack Hall?
(a) Edward Jones.
(b) Charles Maguire.
(c) Bill Sowerby.
(d) George Weston.
8. Whom does Lizzie's mother marry?
(a) Sir James.
(b) Mr. Maguire.
(c) Reverend York.
(d) Mr. Clayton.
9. Who has arranged Jay's mortgage loan?
(a) Matthew Murchman.
(b) Hamish Drome.
(c) Edward Cavendish.
(d) James Havemore.
10. What can Mack tell about Lizzie when he sees her riding her horse?
(a) She has been beaten.
(b) She has never been on a horse before.
(c) She is an expert rider.
(d) She is pregnant.
11. How did Peg kill the farmer who tried to rape her?
(a) Stabbed him.
(b) Drowned him.
(c) Strangled him.
(d) Shot him.
12. Lady Alicia essentially tells Jay to __________________ if she refuses him in his pursuit of an heir.
(a) Persuade Lizzie.
(b) Kill Lizzie.
(c) Rape Lizzie.
(d) Blackmail Lizzie.
13. Who is Tony Tambala?
(a) A slave.
(b) A planter.
(c) A merchant.
(d) A ship captain.
14. Lizzie tells Sir George that she will testify for Mack but _____________________.
(a) She is moving to America.
(b) She will no longer live with Jay.
(c) She wants the mining stopped at High Glen.
(d) She will not lie for Mack.
15. Who wants Lizzie to speak on Mack's behalf?
(c) Sir George.
(d) Lady Alicia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does Lizzie make after Jay beats her?
2. What is Mack and Lizzie's primary goal?
3. What river do Mack, Lizzie and Peg reach?
4. What does the man from the Secretary of State's office want to do to Mack?
5. Who has been killed in a mining accident?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)