|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits the Jamissons from the Secretary of State's office?
(a) Sir John Smart.
(b) Sir Edward Strong.
(c) Sir Patrick Maguire.
(d) Sir Philip Armstrong.
2. Who is Augustus Pym?
(a) A butcher.
(b) A special prosecutor.
(c) A tailor.
(d) A store owner.
3. Who is the minister that visits Lizzie in London?
(a) Reverend Kinnison.
(b) Reverend York.
(c) Reverend Asbury.
(d) Reverend Maguire.
4. What does Lizzie discover that Jay has been doing?
(a) Running whiskey.
(b) Sleeping with slave girls.
(c) Gambling in town.
(d) Going to church.
5. Lady Alicia essentially tells Jay to __________________ if she refuses him in his pursuit of an heir.
(a) Rape Lizzie.
(b) Blackmail Lizzie.
(c) Persuade Lizzie.
(d) Kill Lizzie.
6. Which person is NOT taken to the courthouse in Chapter 24?
7. How many days do Mack, Lizzie and Peg travel before they reach the river?
8. Why can Lizzie not speak on Mack's behalf?
(a) She does not want to get involved in local politics.
(b) She thinks Mack is a shady character.
(c) She does not know the truth about what happened.
(d) Her husband is part of the prosecution.
9. What are Robert's plans for the plantation?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Foreclose on it.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Expand it.
10. Jay begins to think that _______________________.
(a) Mack and Lizzie are en route to Scotland.
(b) He is in love with Peg.
(c) Lizzie is dead.
(d) Things would be easier if Lizzie dies.
11. Jay's gambling debts are forgiven by Lennox in exchange for ____________________.
(a) The Barbados estate.
(b) The shipper's boycott.
(c) Lizzie's dowry.
(d) High Glen.
12. What is the only thing that prevents Mack from escaping?
(a) His love for Lizzie.
(b) Bad weather.
(c) Not enough money.
(d) His bad knee.
13. Who accompanies Mack to Fredericksburg in Chapter 29?
(a) Jane Mason.
(b) Sally Maguire.
(c) Pepper Jones.
(d) Lilly Aventura.
14. What are Peg's feelings for Mack?
(a) She likes him as a friend.
(b) She tolerates him.
(c) She is warming up to him.
(d) She loves him.
15. Which relative does Jay meet while in Williamsburg?
(a) Charles MacDougal.
(b) James Sloane.
(c) Hamish Drome.
(d) Eric Vanderkellen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jay after the first tobacco crop?
2. In exchange for being sent to America instead of being hanged, _____________ tells Jamisson where Mack lives.
3. What is the city where the ship carrying the prisoners arrives in the colonies?
4. What does the man from the Secretary of State's office want to do to Mack?
5. Jay learns that Robert has gone to ______________.
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)