|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Lizzie not speak on Mack's behalf?
(a) She does not know the truth about what happened.
(b) She thinks Mack is a shady character.
(c) She does not want to get involved in local politics.
(d) Her husband is part of the prosecution.
2. What is Mack's final punishment?
(a) He is set free.
(b) He is to serve the rest of his life in hard labor.
(c) He is to be transported to the colonies.
(d) He is to be hanged.
3. The minister who visits Lizzie in London is the pastor of the church in ______________.
(c) Glen Ellen.
4. Who visits the Jamissons from the Secretary of State's office?
(a) Sir Edward Strong.
(b) Sir Philip Armstrong.
(c) Sir John Smart.
(d) Sir Patrick Maguire.
5. What river do Mack and Lizzie reach in Chapter 40?
(a) Ohio River.
(b) Great Miami River.
(c) Holston River.
(d) Monongahela River.
6. Where does Mack ride to to buy some oats?
7. Lizzie locks herself in her room with __________________.
(a) A pistol.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A bottle of whiskey.
(d) An axe.
8. Whom does Mack plan on taking with him when he escapes?
9. Why is Jay in hot pursuit of Lizzie?
(a) He is still in love with her.
(b) He needs to produce an heir.
(c) He is angry that she shot at him.
(d) He knows she stole his money.
10. Jay's gambling debts are forgiven by Lennox in exchange for ____________________.
(a) Lizzie's dowry.
(b) The shipper's boycott.
(c) The Barbados estate.
(d) High Glen.
11. What has Mack prepared for his escape?
(a) A network of hideouts.
(c) A picnic lunch.
(d) A survival kit.
12. What do the Indians do after leading Mack and Lizzie to a meadow?
(a) Leave them.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Trade them.
(d) Torture them.
13. What are Peg's feelings for Mack?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She is warming up to him.
(c) She likes him as a friend.
(d) She tolerates him.
14. What is the name of the tavern Mack stops at in Fredericksburg?
(a) The Eagle.
(b) The Fredericksburg Inn.
(c) The Sotheby.
(d) The Ordinary.
15. How many Indians are watching Mack and Lizzie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jay after the first tobacco crop?
2. Lizzie plans a party for _________________.
3. Who is the overseer of Mockjack Hall?
4. Who arrives unexpectedly at Mockjack Hall?
5. Who is the minister that visits Lizzie in London?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)