|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lizzie feel trapped in her situation?
(a) She is in love with Mack.
(b) She loves her husband.
(c) She cannot bear public humiliation.
(d) She is pregnant.
2. What can Mack tell about Lizzie when he sees her riding her horse?
(a) She has never been on a horse before.
(b) She has been beaten.
(c) She is an expert rider.
(d) She is pregnant.
3. Lizzie tells Sir George that she will testify for Mack but _____________________.
(a) She wants the mining stopped at High Glen.
(b) She will no longer live with Jay.
(c) She is moving to America.
(d) She will not lie for Mack.
4. Whom did Jay tell Armstrong he could find?
5. How long does it take the ship carrying the prisoners to reach the colonies?
(a) 10 weeks.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 15 days.
(d) 8 weeks.
6. What is the name of the prison where Peg and Cora are sent?
(a) Glengarry Prison.
(b) Bristol Prison.
(c) Newgate Prison.
(d) Tower of London.
7. Which person is NOT taken to the courthouse in Chapter 24?
8. Mack is in a group of men who will work at ____________________.
(a) Glen Helen.
(b) Brierly Estate.
(c) Greystone Manor.
(d) Mockjack Hall.
9. Jay and his men figure that Mack and Lizzie will ____________________.
(a) Make their way to Boston.
(b) Get a boat to Cuba.
(c) Cross over Cumberland Pass.
(d) Return to Scotland.
10. Where does Mack ride to to buy some oats?
11. Jay orders special accommodations on the ship for ______________.
12. Jay's views on _______________ offend the dinner guests.
(a) Raising children.
(b) Captial punishment.
13. Who thwarts Lizzie's party?
14. Who delivers Lizzie's baby?
(a) Her physician.
15. Workers in the colonies have to work for whomever buys them for a period of ___________________.
(a) Six months.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Seven years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mack ask Lizzie to do?
2. What do the Indians do after leading Mack and Lizzie to a meadow?
3. What is the name of the tavern Mack stops at in Fredericksburg?
4. Who is the overseer of Mockjack Hall?
5. Lady Alicia essentially tells Jay to __________________ if she refuses him in his pursuit of an heir.
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)