|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. News arrives that _______________ has died.
(a) Lady Alicia.
(b) Lady Eleanor.
(c) Sir George.
2. How long does it take the ship carrying the prisoners to reach the colonies?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 8 weeks.
(d) 10 weeks.
3. Workers in the colonies have to work for whomever buys them for a period of ___________________.
(a) Seven years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Six months.
4. Jay begins to think that _______________________.
(a) Lizzie is dead.
(b) Things would be easier if Lizzie dies.
(c) Mack and Lizzie are en route to Scotland.
(d) He is in love with Peg.
5. Jay learns that Robert has gone to ______________.
6. What do Mack, Lizzie, and Peg have to leave behind to make better time?
7. Whom did Jay tell Armstrong he could find?
8. Who accompanies Mack to Fredericksburg in Chapter 29?
(a) Pepper Jones.
(b) Lilly Aventura.
(c) Jane Mason.
(d) Sally Maguire.
9. What are Peg's feelings for Mack?
(a) She likes him as a friend.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She tolerates him.
(d) She is warming up to him.
10. Which relative does Jay meet while in Williamsburg?
(a) Hamish Drome.
(b) Eric Vanderkellen.
(c) James Sloane.
(d) Charles MacDougal.
11. Who is the overseer of Mockjack Hall?
(a) Edward Jones.
(b) George Weston.
(c) Charles Maguire.
(d) Bill Sowerby.
12. What does the man from the Secretary of State's office want to do to Mack?
(a) Have him arrested.
(b) Have him hanged.
(c) Have him sent back to the mines.
(d) Have him exiled.
13. What sentence do Cora and Peg receive?
(a) They are to be hanged.
(b) They are to be set free.
(c) They are to be in prison for ten years.
(d) They are to be transported to the colonies.
14. Who is Tony Tambala?
(a) A ship captain.
(b) A slave.
(c) A merchant.
(d) A planter.
15. What do the Indians do after leading Mack and Lizzie to a meadow?
(a) Torture them.
(b) Leave them.
(c) Trade them.
(d) Kill them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Lizzie not speak on Mack's behalf?
2. Whom does Mack plan on taking with him when he escapes?
3. Lady Alicia essentially tells Jay to __________________ if she refuses him in his pursuit of an heir.
4. Sir George functions as a _______________.
5. What revelation does the minister have for Lizzie?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)