|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Indians do after leading Mack and Lizzie to a meadow?
(a) Leave them.
(b) Trade them.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Torture them.
2. How many days do Mack, Lizzie and Peg travel before they reach the river?
3. What is Mack and Lizzie's primary goal?
(a) Avoid Jay.
(b) Get food.
(d) Find a boat.
4. What is the name of the tavern Mack stops at in Fredericksburg?
(a) The Fredericksburg Inn.
(b) The Sotheby.
(c) The Eagle.
(d) The Ordinary.
5. Jay and Lizzie's first tobacco crop is labeled as _________________.
6. The minister who visits Lizzie in London is the pastor of the church in ______________.
(d) Glen Ellen.
7. What happens to Jay after the first tobacco crop?
(a) He shoots himself.
(b) He must sell Mockjack Hall.
(c) He is financially ruined.
(d) He returns to Scotland.
8. Lizzie tells Sir George that she will testify for Mack but _____________________.
(a) She wants the mining stopped at High Glen.
(b) She will no longer live with Jay.
(c) She is moving to America.
(d) She will not lie for Mack.
9. Any grandchild born within a year of Sir George's death will receive _______________ of the estate.
(a) One fourth.
(c) One third.
(d) One half.
10. Lady Alicia essentially tells Jay to __________________ if she refuses him in his pursuit of an heir.
(a) Blackmail Lizzie.
(b) Rape Lizzie.
(c) Persuade Lizzie.
(d) Kill Lizzie.
11. What does Peg tell Jay and his men?
(a) Mack's escape plans.
(b) The location of Mack and Lizzie.
(c) The contents of Mack's wagon.
12. Who arrives unexpectedly at Mockjack Hall?
(b) Lady Alicia.
(c) Lady Elizabeth.
(d) Sir George.
13. Why is Jay in hot pursuit of Lizzie?
(a) He is angry that she shot at him.
(b) He knows she stole his money.
(c) He is still in love with her.
(d) He needs to produce an heir.
14. Sir George functions as a _______________.
(c) Tax collector.
15. What does Lizzie ask Jay to do?
(a) Fire Lennox.
(b) Buy a bigger house.
(c) Return to Scotland.
(d) Quit drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take the ship carrying the prisoners to reach the colonies?
2. What does Mack ask Lizzie to do?
3. Mack finds a map of _______________ which he studies to plan an escape.
4. Whom does Lizzie's mother marry?
5. What are Robert's plans for the plantation?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)