|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Peg kill the farmer who tried to rape her?
(a) Drowned him.
(b) Strangled him.
(c) Stabbed him.
(d) Shot him.
2. What do Mack, Lizzie, and Peg have to leave behind to make better time?
3. Any grandchild born within a year of Sir George's death will receive _______________ of the estate.
(a) One half.
(b) One third.
(c) One fourth.
4. What is the name of the prison where Peg and Cora are sent?
(a) Tower of London.
(b) Newgate Prison.
(c) Glengarry Prison.
(d) Bristol Prison.
5. What is the name of the tavern Mack stops at in Fredericksburg?
(a) The Ordinary.
(b) The Eagle.
(c) The Fredericksburg Inn.
(d) The Sotheby.
6. What happens to Jay when he is with Cora?
(a) Quick Peg picks his pockets.
(b) He has a heart attack.
(c) He falls in love.
(d) He is stabbed.
7. Which relative does Jay meet while in Williamsburg?
(a) Charles MacDougal.
(b) Eric Vanderkellen.
(c) Hamish Drome.
(d) James Sloane.
8. Mack learns that Cora has married a man named ___________________.
(a) Eric Mason.
(b) Michael Voyles.
(c) Edward Kerrigan.
(d) Alexander Rowley.
9. Which servant girl do Lizzie and Mack take to the doctor in Fredericksburg?
10. What does Lizzie do after the death of her baby?
(a) She shoots Jay.
(b) She moves back to Scotland.
(c) She withdraws.
(d) She adopts a child.
11. What is Mack's final punishment?
(a) He is to serve the rest of his life in hard labor.
(b) He is to be transported to the colonies.
(c) He is set free.
(d) He is to be hanged.
12. Who has arranged Jay's mortgage loan?
(a) Hamish Drome.
(b) James Havemore.
(c) Edward Cavendish.
(d) Matthew Murchman.
13. Lady Alicia essentially tells Jay to __________________ if she refuses him in his pursuit of an heir.
(a) Kill Lizzie.
(b) Rape Lizzie.
(c) Persuade Lizzie.
(d) Blackmail Lizzie.
14. News arrives that _______________ has died.
(a) Lady Alicia.
(b) Lady Eleanor.
(c) Sir George.
15. Jay and Lizzie's first tobacco crop is labeled as _________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Indians are watching Mack and Lizzie?
2. What can Mack tell about Lizzie when he sees her riding her horse?
3. What is the city where the ship carrying the prisoners arrives in the colonies?
4. What does Mack give the Indians in exchange for their guide services?
5. What does the man from the Secretary of State's office want to do to Mack?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)