|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lizzie ask Jay to do?
(a) Buy a bigger house.
(b) Fire Lennox.
(c) Return to Scotland.
(d) Quit drinking.
2. Who is the minister that visits Lizzie in London?
(a) Reverend Maguire.
(b) Reverend York.
(c) Reverend Kinnison.
(d) Reverend Asbury.
3. What does the man from the Secretary of State's office want to do to Mack?
(a) Have him sent back to the mines.
(b) Have him arrested.
(c) Have him hanged.
(d) Have him exiled.
4. Where do Mack and the men meet during the strike?
(a) Mack's room.
(b) A different place every day.
(c) A cellar.
(d) A cafe.
5. Who is Augustus Pym?
(a) A butcher.
(b) A tailor.
(c) A store owner.
(d) A special prosecutor.
6. What is the only thing that prevents Mack from escaping?
(a) His love for Lizzie.
(b) His bad knee.
(c) Not enough money.
(d) Bad weather.
7. What do the Indians do after leading Mack and Lizzie to a meadow?
(a) Leave them.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Trade them.
(d) Torture them.
8. Sir George functions as a _______________.
(c) Tax collector.
9. What is the city where the ship carrying the prisoners arrives in the colonies?
10. Who takes charge of the household staff after the death of Lizzie's baby?
11. What river do Mack and Lizzie reach in Chapter 40?
(a) Holston River.
(b) Monongahela River.
(c) Great Miami River.
(d) Ohio River.
12. Who visits the Jamissons from the Secretary of State's office?
(a) Sir Philip Armstrong.
(b) Sir John Smart.
(c) Sir Patrick Maguire.
(d) Sir Edward Strong.
13. How long does it take the ship carrying the prisoners to reach the colonies?
(a) 8 weeks.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 15 days.
(d) 10 weeks.
14. Which relative does Jay meet while in Williamsburg?
(a) Charles MacDougal.
(b) Eric Vanderkellen.
(c) Hamish Drome.
(d) James Sloane.
15. Mack finds a map of _______________ which he studies to plan an escape.
(a) Mockjack Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Jay tell Armstrong he could find?
2. What has Mack prepared for his escape?
3. Who accompanies Mack to Fredericksburg in Chapter 29?
4. Lizzie plans a party for _________________.
5. The minister who visits Lizzie in London is the pastor of the church in ______________.
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)