|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mack is in a group of men who will work at ____________________.
(a) Mockjack Hall.
(b) Glen Helen.
(c) Greystone Manor.
(d) Brierly Estate.
2. What do Mack, Lizzie, and Peg have to leave behind to make better time?
3. What are Robert's plans for the plantation?
(a) Foreclose on it.
(b) Expand it.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Burn it.
4. Why does Jay go to Williamsburg?
(a) To get local news.
(b) To buy jewelry.
(c) To arrange a mortgage.
(d) To sell tobacco.
5. Lizzie locks herself in her room with __________________.
(a) A bottle of whiskey.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A Bible.
(d) An axe.
6. What does Lizzie ask Jay to do?
(a) Buy a bigger house.
(b) Quit drinking.
(c) Fire Lennox.
(d) Return to Scotland.
7. Lizzie and Jay are to leave for Virginia ____________.
(a) In six months.
(b) The next day.
(c) In a week.
(d) In a month.
8. Where do Jay and his men stop to ask if anyone has seen Mack and Lizzie?
(a) Dobb's Ferry.
(b) Harper's Ferry.
(c) Lynch's Ferry.
(d) Roanoke's Ferry.
9. What does Peg do when she sees Mack and Lizzie making love?
(a) Drowns herself.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Stabs Mack.
(d) Shoots Lizzie.
10. Where does Peg hide while the sheriff searches for her?
(a) Sowerby's old cabin.
(b) Lizzie's room
(c) A cave.
(d) A tavern.
11. How long does it take the ship carrying the prisoners to reach the colonies?
(a) 10 weeks.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 8 weeks.
12. What does Peg tell Jay and his men?
(a) The contents of Mack's wagon.
(c) The location of Mack and Lizzie.
(d) Mack's escape plans.
13. Who thwarts Lizzie's party?
14. Jay and his men figure that Mack and Lizzie will ____________________.
(a) Return to Scotland.
(b) Cross over Cumberland Pass.
(c) Get a boat to Cuba.
(d) Make their way to Boston.
15. Who wants Lizzie to speak on Mack's behalf?
(a) Sir George.
(d) Lady Alicia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Alicia essentially tells Jay to __________________ if she refuses him in his pursuit of an heir.
2. Where do Mack and the men meet during the strike?
3. What is Mack's final punishment?
4. Who is the minister that visits Lizzie in London?
5. What does Mack ask Lizzie to do?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)