|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In exchange for being sent to America instead of being hanged, _____________ tells Jamisson where Mack lives.
2. Jay's gambling debts are forgiven by Lennox in exchange for ____________________.
(a) Lizzie's dowry.
(b) High Glen.
(c) The Barbados estate.
(d) The shipper's boycott.
3. Who arrives unexpectedly at Mockjack Hall?
(a) Lady Alicia.
(b) Sir George.
(c) Lady Elizabeth.
4. Who has been killed in a mining accident?
(a) Lady Alicia.
5. Jay learns that Robert has gone to ______________.
6. What is Mack's final punishment?
(a) He is set free.
(b) He is to be transported to the colonies.
(c) He is to be hanged.
(d) He is to serve the rest of his life in hard labor.
7. Mack is in a group of men who will work at ____________________.
(a) Glen Helen.
(b) Mockjack Hall.
(c) Greystone Manor.
(d) Brierly Estate.
8. Why does Lizzie feel trapped in her situation?
(a) She cannot bear public humiliation.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She loves her husband.
(d) She is in love with Mack.
9. What sentence do Cora and Peg receive?
(a) They are to be hanged.
(b) They are to be set free.
(c) They are to be in prison for ten years.
(d) They are to be transported to the colonies.
10. What does the man from the Secretary of State's office want to do to Mack?
(a) Have him hanged.
(b) Have him exiled.
(c) Have him sent back to the mines.
(d) Have him arrested.
11. How many Indians are watching Mack and Lizzie?
12. Which servant girl do Lizzie and Mack take to the doctor in Fredericksburg?
13. Lizzie and Jay are to leave for Virginia ____________.
(a) In a month.
(b) In six months.
(c) In a week.
(d) The next day.
14. What does Lizzie discover that Jay has been doing?
(a) Going to church.
(b) Sleeping with slave girls.
(c) Running whiskey.
(d) Gambling in town.
15. Whom does Mack plan on taking with him when he escapes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mack ride to to buy some oats?
2. Lady Alicia essentially tells Jay to __________________ if she refuses him in his pursuit of an heir.
3. Why can Lizzie not speak on Mack's behalf?
4. Where does Peg hide while the sheriff searches for her?
5. What is the name of the man whom Peg killed?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)