|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is notable about Lizzie's baby?
(a) She is deaf.
(b) She is retarded.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) She is stillborn.
2. Mack finds a map of _______________ which he studies to plan an escape.
(a) Mockjack Hall.
3. What happens to Jay after the first tobacco crop?
(a) He must sell Mockjack Hall.
(b) He returns to Scotland.
(c) He is financially ruined.
(d) He shoots himself.
4. Who delivers Lizzie's baby?
(b) Her physician.
5. What does Peg do when she sees Mack and Lizzie making love?
(a) Stabs Mack.
(b) Shoots Lizzie.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Drowns herself.
6. What is the name of the man whom Peg killed?
(a) Burgo Marler.
(b) Chet Weston.
(c) Hank Burstyn.
(d) Flick Maguire.
7. What is the only thing that prevents Mack from escaping?
(a) Not enough money.
(b) His love for Lizzie.
(c) Bad weather.
(d) His bad knee.
8. Lizzie tells Sir George that she will testify for Mack but _____________________.
(a) She is moving to America.
(b) She will not lie for Mack.
(c) She will no longer live with Jay.
(d) She wants the mining stopped at High Glen.
9. Who arrives unexpectedly at Mockjack Hall?
(b) Lady Alicia.
(c) Sir George.
(d) Lady Elizabeth.
10. News arrives that _______________ has died.
(a) Lady Eleanor.
(c) Lady Alicia.
(d) Sir George.
11. What does Lizzie ask Jay to do?
(a) Quit drinking.
(b) Buy a bigger house.
(c) Return to Scotland.
(d) Fire Lennox.
12. Who is the minister that visits Lizzie in London?
(a) Reverend York.
(b) Reverend Asbury.
(c) Reverend Kinnison.
(d) Reverend Maguire.
13. What do the Indians do after leading Mack and Lizzie to a meadow?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Trade them.
(c) Leave them.
(d) Torture them.
14. What is Mack's final punishment?
(a) He is to be transported to the colonies.
(b) He is to be hanged.
(c) He is to serve the rest of his life in hard labor.
(d) He is set free.
15. Who visits the Jamissons from the Secretary of State's office?
(a) Sir Patrick Maguire.
(b) Sir Edward Strong.
(c) Sir John Smart.
(d) Sir Philip Armstrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jay and his men stop to ask if anyone has seen Mack and Lizzie?
2. Any grandchild born within a year of Sir George's death will receive _______________ of the estate.
3. Where do Mack and the men meet during the strike?
4. Jay's gambling debts are forgiven by Lennox in exchange for ____________________.
5. Who has arranged Jay's mortgage loan?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)