|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river do Mack, Lizzie and Peg reach?
(a) The Ohio River.
(b) The Mississippi River.
(c) The James River.
(d) The Charleston River.
2. What is the name of the prison where Peg and Cora are sent?
(a) Tower of London.
(b) Bristol Prison.
(c) Glengarry Prison.
(d) Newgate Prison.
3. Where do Jay and his men stop to ask if anyone has seen Mack and Lizzie?
(a) Roanoke's Ferry.
(b) Harper's Ferry.
(c) Dobb's Ferry.
(d) Lynch's Ferry.
4. Who is the overseer of Mockjack Hall?
(a) Edward Jones.
(b) George Weston.
(c) Bill Sowerby.
(d) Charles Maguire.
5. The minister who visits Lizzie in London is the pastor of the church in ______________.
(d) Glen Ellen.
6. What does Mack give the Indians in exchange for their guide services?
(a) A rifle.
(c) A knife.
(d) A blanket.
7. Jay learns that Robert has gone to ______________.
8. Which person is NOT taken to the courthouse in Chapter 24?
9. Workers in the colonies have to work for whomever buys them for a period of ___________________.
(a) Three years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Six months.
10. What does Mack ask Lizzie to do?
(a) Run away with him.
(b) Get a hobby.
(c) Fix a meal for him.
(d) Return to Scotland.
11. What revelation does the minister have for Lizzie?
(a) Lizzie's dowry is invalid.
(b) The Jamissons are mining at High Glen.
(c) Jay is having an affair.
(d) Lady Alicia has sold High Glen.
12. News arrives that _______________ has died.
(a) Lady Eleanor.
(b) Lady Alicia.
(c) Sir George.
13. What has Mack prepared for his escape?
(a) A picnic lunch.
(b) A network of hideouts.
(d) A survival kit.
14. Why is Jay in hot pursuit of Lizzie?
(a) He knows she stole his money.
(b) He is angry that she shot at him.
(c) He needs to produce an heir.
(d) He is still in love with her.
15. Jay orders special accommodations on the ship for ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take the ship carrying the prisoners to reach the colonies?
2. Which servant girl do Lizzie and Mack take to the doctor in Fredericksburg?
3. What does Lizzie do after the death of her baby?
4. How does Jay feel about Mack working in the house?
5. Jay and his men figure that Mack and Lizzie will ____________________.
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)