|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Workers in the colonies have to work for whomever buys them for a period of ___________________.
(a) Ten years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Three years.
2. Lizzie tells Sir George that she will testify for Mack but _____________________.
(a) She will not lie for Mack.
(b) She wants the mining stopped at High Glen.
(c) She is moving to America.
(d) She will no longer live with Jay.
3. Which person is NOT taken to the courthouse in Chapter 24?
4. What is Mack's final punishment?
(a) He is set free.
(b) He is to serve the rest of his life in hard labor.
(c) He is to be hanged.
(d) He is to be transported to the colonies.
5. What is the name of the ship transporting the prisoners to the colonies?
6. Jay orders special accommodations on the ship for ______________.
7. Mack learns that Cora has married a man named ___________________.
(a) Eric Mason.
(b) Alexander Rowley.
(c) Michael Voyles.
(d) Edward Kerrigan.
8. Where do Mack and the men meet during the strike?
(a) A different place every day.
(b) A cellar.
(c) A cafe.
(d) Mack's room.
9. Any grandchild born within a year of Sir George's death will receive _______________ of the estate.
(a) One fourth.
(c) One half.
(d) One third.
10. Who is Tony Tambala?
(a) A slave.
(b) A merchant.
(c) A ship captain.
(d) A planter.
11. Where does Mack ride to to buy some oats?
12. What does Lizzie ask Jay to do?
(a) Quit drinking.
(b) Return to Scotland.
(c) Buy a bigger house.
(d) Fire Lennox.
13. How many Indians are watching Mack and Lizzie?
14. What is notable about Lizzie's baby?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She is stillborn.
(c) She is deaf.
(d) She is retarded.
15. Who visits the Jamissons from the Secretary of State's office?
(a) Sir John Smart.
(b) Sir Patrick Maguire.
(c) Sir Philip Armstrong.
(d) Sir Edward Strong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lizzie feel trapped in her situation?
2. What does Mack give the Indians in exchange for their guide services?
3. Whom does Lizzie's mother marry?
4. What does the man from the Secretary of State's office want to do to Mack?
5. What sentence do Cora and Peg receive?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)