|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. News arrives that _______________ has died.
(a) Lady Alicia.
(b) Sir George.
(c) Lady Eleanor.
2. What decision does Lizzie make after Jay beats her?
(a) To run away with Mack and Peg.
(b) To shoot him in his sleep.
(c) To have him beaten up by thugs.
(d) To have him arrested.
3. Sir George functions as a _______________.
(d) Tax collector.
4. What is the only thing that prevents Mack from escaping?
(a) His bad knee.
(b) Not enough money.
(c) Bad weather.
(d) His love for Lizzie.
5. Which person is NOT taken to the courthouse in Chapter 24?
6. Jay learns that Robert has gone to ______________.
7. What is the city where the ship carrying the prisoners arrives in the colonies?
8. Jay and Lizzie's first tobacco crop is labeled as _________________.
9. Why does Jay go to Williamsburg?
(a) To sell tobacco.
(b) To arrange a mortgage.
(c) To buy jewelry.
(d) To get local news.
10. What revelation does the minister have for Lizzie?
(a) Jay is having an affair.
(b) The Jamissons are mining at High Glen.
(c) Lizzie's dowry is invalid.
(d) Lady Alicia has sold High Glen.
11. What river do Mack, Lizzie and Peg reach?
(a) The Mississippi River.
(b) The Ohio River.
(c) The Charleston River.
(d) The James River.
12. Where do Mack and the men meet during the strike?
(a) A different place every day.
(b) Mack's room.
(c) A cellar.
(d) A cafe.
13. Who delivers Lizzie's baby?
(b) Her physician.
14. Why does Lizzie feel trapped in her situation?
(a) She is in love with Mack.
(b) She cannot bear public humiliation.
(c) She loves her husband.
(d) She is pregnant.
15. Who thwarts Lizzie's party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Lizzie's mother marry?
2. What does Lizzie ask Jay to do?
3. Jay begins to think that _______________________.
4. Lizzie locks herself in her room with __________________.
5. What does Lizzie do after the death of her baby?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)