|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days do Mack, Lizzie and Peg travel before they reach the river?
2. Jay and his men figure that Mack and Lizzie will ____________________.
(a) Return to Scotland.
(b) Get a boat to Cuba.
(c) Make their way to Boston.
(d) Cross over Cumberland Pass.
3. What is the name of the tavern Mack stops at in Fredericksburg?
(a) The Fredericksburg Inn.
(b) The Eagle.
(c) The Ordinary.
(d) The Sotheby.
4. What has Mack prepared for his escape?
(b) A survival kit.
(c) A picnic lunch.
(d) A network of hideouts.
5. Lady Alicia essentially tells Jay to __________________ if she refuses him in his pursuit of an heir.
(a) Persuade Lizzie.
(b) Kill Lizzie.
(c) Blackmail Lizzie.
(d) Rape Lizzie.
6. How long does it take the ship carrying the prisoners to reach the colonies?
(a) 8 weeks.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 10 weeks.
7. Jay and Lizzie's first tobacco crop is labeled as _________________.
8. Who wants Lizzie to speak on Mack's behalf?
(b) Sir George.
(d) Lady Alicia.
9. Workers in the colonies have to work for whomever buys them for a period of ___________________.
(a) Seven years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three years.
10. Where does Peg hide while the sheriff searches for her?
(a) Lizzie's room
(b) Sowerby's old cabin.
(c) A cave.
(d) A tavern.
11. What river do Mack and Lizzie reach in Chapter 40?
(a) Ohio River.
(b) Great Miami River.
(c) Monongahela River.
(d) Holston River.
12. Mack is in a group of men who will work at ____________________.
(a) Glen Helen.
(b) Brierly Estate.
(c) Mockjack Hall.
(d) Greystone Manor.
13. What sentence do Cora and Peg receive?
(a) They are to be transported to the colonies.
(b) They are to be set free.
(c) They are to be hanged.
(d) They are to be in prison for ten years.
14. Who accompanies Mack to Fredericksburg in Chapter 29?
(a) Jane Mason.
(b) Lilly Aventura.
(c) Pepper Jones.
(d) Sally Maguire.
15. How did Peg kill the farmer who tried to rape her?
(a) Stabbed him.
(b) Shot him.
(c) Drowned him.
(d) Strangled him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mack and Lizzie's primary goal?
2. What does Mack ask Lizzie to do?
3. What is the name of the ship transporting the prisoners to the colonies?
4. Who visits the Jamissons from the Secretary of State's office?
5. Where do Jay and his men stop to ask if anyone has seen Mack and Lizzie?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)