|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has accompanied Jay on his hunt for Lizzie?
(c) Lady Alicia.
2. Jay begins to think that _______________________.
(a) Mack and Lizzie are en route to Scotland.
(b) Lizzie is dead.
(c) Things would be easier if Lizzie dies.
(d) He is in love with Peg.
3. In exchange for being sent to America instead of being hanged, _____________ tells Jamisson where Mack lives.
4. Whom does Lizzie's mother marry?
(a) Reverend York.
(b) Sir James.
(c) Mr. Clayton.
(d) Mr. Maguire.
5. How did Peg kill the farmer who tried to rape her?
(a) Stabbed him.
(b) Drowned him.
(c) Shot him.
(d) Strangled him.
6. Workers in the colonies have to work for whomever buys them for a period of ___________________.
(a) Three years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Seven years.
7. What sentence do Cora and Peg receive?
(a) They are to be transported to the colonies.
(b) They are to be in prison for ten years.
(c) They are to be hanged.
(d) They are to be set free.
8. What are Robert's plans for the plantation?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Foreclose on it.
(c) Expand it.
(d) Sell it.
9. How many Indians are watching Mack and Lizzie?
10. What happens to Jay after the first tobacco crop?
(a) He shoots himself.
(b) He returns to Scotland.
(c) He is financially ruined.
(d) He must sell Mockjack Hall.
11. Where do Jay and his men stop to ask if anyone has seen Mack and Lizzie?
(a) Harper's Ferry.
(b) Lynch's Ferry.
(c) Roanoke's Ferry.
(d) Dobb's Ferry.
12. News arrives that _______________ has died.
(a) Lady Eleanor.
(c) Lady Alicia.
(d) Sir George.
13. Why does Lizzie feel trapped in her situation?
(a) She is in love with Mack.
(b) She loves her husband.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She cannot bear public humiliation.
14. How does Jay feel about Mack working in the house?
(a) He is cautiously optimistic.
(b) He has no opinion on it.
(c) He is angry about it.
(d) He thinks it is fine.
15. Lizzie tells Sir George that she will testify for Mack but _____________________.
(a) She wants the mining stopped at High Glen.
(b) She will no longer live with Jay.
(c) She will not lie for Mack.
(d) She is moving to America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jay go to Williamsburg?
2. What river do Mack, Lizzie and Peg reach?
3. Jay learns that Robert has gone to ______________.
4. Which servant girl do Lizzie and Mack take to the doctor in Fredericksburg?
5. What does Peg do when she sees Mack and Lizzie making love?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)