|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives unexpectedly at Mockjack Hall?
(a) Lady Elizabeth.
(b) Lady Alicia.
(d) Sir George.
2. Jay begins to think that _______________________.
(a) Lizzie is dead.
(b) Mack and Lizzie are en route to Scotland.
(c) Things would be easier if Lizzie dies.
(d) He is in love with Peg.
3. Who delivers Lizzie's baby?
(a) Her physician.
4. Where do Mack and the men meet during the strike?
(a) A cellar.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A different place every day.
(d) Mack's room.
5. Who is Augustus Pym?
(a) A store owner.
(b) A butcher.
(c) A special prosecutor.
(d) A tailor.
6. Whom did Jay tell Armstrong he could find?
7. How did Peg kill the farmer who tried to rape her?
(a) Stabbed him.
(b) Drowned him.
(c) Strangled him.
(d) Shot him.
8. Workers in the colonies have to work for whomever buys them for a period of ___________________.
(a) Seven years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Six months.
9. Who is the overseer of Mockjack Hall?
(a) Charles Maguire.
(b) Edward Jones.
(c) Bill Sowerby.
(d) George Weston.
10. What is the name of the tavern Mack stops at in Fredericksburg?
(a) The Fredericksburg Inn.
(b) The Ordinary.
(c) The Eagle.
(d) The Sotheby.
11. Who accompanies Mack to Fredericksburg in Chapter 29?
(a) Lilly Aventura.
(b) Jane Mason.
(c) Sally Maguire.
(d) Pepper Jones.
12. What revelation does the minister have for Lizzie?
(a) Jay is having an affair.
(b) The Jamissons are mining at High Glen.
(c) Lady Alicia has sold High Glen.
(d) Lizzie's dowry is invalid.
13. Who has been killed in a mining accident?
(b) Lady Alicia.
14. What does Lizzie discover that Jay has been doing?
(a) Going to church.
(b) Sleeping with slave girls.
(c) Running whiskey.
(d) Gambling in town.
15. Any grandchild born within a year of Sir George's death will receive _______________ of the estate.
(a) One third.
(b) One fourth.
(c) One half.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lizzie ask Jay to do?
2. Which person is NOT taken to the courthouse in Chapter 24?
3. Whom does Mack plan on taking with him when he escapes?
4. What happens to Jay after the first tobacco crop?
5. Mack is in a group of men who will work at ____________________.
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)