|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Jamissons want from Lizzie's family?
2. Why is Mack so popular among the workers?
(a) He sets up a charity for unemployed men.
(b) He buys drinks for everyone.
(c) He gets higher wages for them.
(d) He knows how to tell a good joke.
3. Who is Mack's boss?
4. What does Robert do when Jay tells him that Jay and Lizzie are going to marry?
(a) He fights Jay.
(b) He congratulates Jay.
(c) He cries.
(d) He shoots himself.
5. What does Jay get for his birthday from his father?
(a) An estate.
(b) A mine.
(c) A horse.
(d) Gold bricks.
6. What is Mack doing when Lizzie spots him during a walk?
(a) Climbing a tree.
(b) Running across the glen.
(c) Crawling through shrubs.
(d) Swimming across the river.
7. What is a firedamp?
(a) A wet rag.
(b) An appendage on a fireplace.
(c) A firefighter.
(d) A flammable gas.
8. What day is it at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) Elaine's Christening Day.
(b) Lizzie and Jay's wedding day.
(c) Christmas Day.
(d) Lady Alicia's birthday.
9. Jay decides to propose to ______________.
10. Lizzie dresses as a man to attend a _______________.
(a) Cock fight.
(b) Political rally.
(d) Labor union meeting.
11. Sir George says that Mack is a born _______________.
12. Who is the girl that Mack and Dermot rescue in Chapter 15?
13. Why does Sir George Jamisson want Robert to marry Lizzie?
(a) The Hallim estate is rich in coal.
(b) She is the most beautiful girl in the county.
(c) She will be easily taught how to run the business.
(d) Her family pedigree is fit for his son.
14. When does Jay's mother say she began to hate her husband?
(a) When he took a mistress.
(b) When he took her away from her village.
(c) The first time he beat her.
(d) When he started to favor Robert.
15. What is the nature of the crowd after the event Lizzie attends?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sir George's wife?
2. What does Lizzie see advertised on a flyer while in London?
3. What is the last name of the person with whom Mack lives?
4. Where is the tobacco plantation located?
5. What is the last name of Mack and Esther?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)