|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mack doing when Lizzie spots him during a walk?
(a) Climbing a tree.
(b) Running across the glen.
(c) Swimming across the river.
(d) Crawling through shrubs.
2. What does Delaney advise Mack to do?
(a) Go back to school.
(b) Get a job on a ship.
(c) Leave town for a year or two.
(d) Open his own business.
3. What is the last name of Mack and Esther?
4. To what city does Mack escape?
5. What does Lizzie see advertised on a flyer while in London?
(a) A holiday dance.
(b) A play she wants to see.
(c) Mack's prize fight.
(d) A dress sale.
6. What is mined in the local mines?
7. What is the name of Lizzie's home?
(a) High Glen.
(c) Jamisson Glen.
(d) Heather Estates.
8. What does Lizzie wear to attend the event?
(a) A new ballgown.
(b) Men's clothing.
(c) A new afternoon frock.
(d) Her engagement gown.
9. What news does Jay share with his mother?
(a) He has a terminal illness.
(b) He is in love with Lizzie.
(c) He has shot his father.
(d) He is moving to America.
10. What is Mack doing at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) Shoeing a horse.
(b) Attending a play.
(d) Courting a girl.
11. Who heads up the group who kidnaps Mack?
12. Why is Mack going to Edinburgh?
(a) To have a holiday.
(b) To buy a wedding ring.
(c) To board a ship.
(d) To buy cattle.
13. Why is Lennox upset about Mack?
(a) Mack wants to divorce his sister.
(b) Mack has bailed on a business deal.
(c) Mack won't repay a gambling debt.
(d) Mack is making deals directly with the shippers.
14. What does Sir George's wife want him to give to Jay as a wedding gift?
(a) A home in Edinburgh.
(b) The Barbados property.
(c) A stable of horses.
(d) A Scottish country estate.
15. Who kicks the gun from Jay's hands during the hunt?
(a) Sir George.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Lizzie attend the event advertised in the flyer?
2. Which Jamisson boy do the Jamissons hope Lizzie will marry?
3. What is Lizzie's last name?
4. What does the owner of High Glen use as a paperweight?
5. Who is Mack's boss?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)