|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mack doing when Lizzie spots him during a walk?
(a) Crawling through shrubs.
(b) Swimming across the river.
(c) Climbing a tree.
(d) Running across the glen.
2. Who pays for Lizzie's house?
(a) Lady Alicia.
(c) Sir George.
3. Why is Mack so popular among the workers?
(a) He gets higher wages for them.
(b) He sets up a charity for unemployed men.
(c) He buys drinks for everyone.
(d) He knows how to tell a good joke.
4. How old was Mack when he first started working in the mines?
5. Lady Hallim is angry that Lizzie is in love with _________________.
6. Why does Lennox approach Jay in Chapter 19?
(a) He wants to court Lizzie's sister.
(b) He wants to have a drink with him.
(c) He wants to be his business partner.
(d) Jay owes him money.
7. What is mined in the local mines?
8. To what city does Mack escape?
9. What year is inscribed on the iron collar?
10. What does Jay tell his father and brother about Mack?
(a) He is a trouble maker.
(b) He is leaving the mine.
(c) He is very ill.
(d) He was wounded in a blast.
11. What is a firedamp?
(a) A flammable gas.
(b) A wet rag.
(c) A firefighter.
(d) An appendage on a fireplace.
12. What does Jay get for his birthday from his father?
(a) A mine.
(b) Gold bricks.
(c) A horse.
(d) An estate.
13. Who is Sir George's wife?
(a) Lady Madeleine.
(b) Lady Elaine.
(c) Lady Elizabeth.
(d) Lady Alicia.
14. Who is Mack's boss?
15. Why is Mack going to Edinburgh?
(a) To board a ship.
(b) To buy a wedding ring.
(c) To have a holiday.
(d) To buy cattle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Lizzie's home?
2. Jay decides to propose to ______________.
3. What does a man want people to do in support of John Wilkes?
4. Mack is offered a job as a/an _____________.
5. What do two men take from Lizzie in an alley?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)