|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Lizzie attend the event advertised in the flyer?
(a) She goes alone.
(b) She goes with Annie.
(c) She goes with Lady Alicia.
(d) She goes with Jay.
2. In what city is Jay and Lizzie's house located?
3. Who pays for Lizzie's house?
(a) Lady Alicia.
(d) Sir George.
4. Who heads up the group who kidnaps Mack?
5. What does Lizzie see advertised on a flyer while in London?
(a) Mack's prize fight.
(b) A play she wants to see.
(c) A dress sale.
(d) A holiday dance.
6. What job does Mack find?
(a) Shoveling coal.
(b) Tending bar.
(c) Hospital attendant.
(d) Security guard.
7. When does Jay's mother say she began to hate her husband?
(a) When he took a mistress.
(b) The first time he beat her.
(c) When he took her away from her village.
(d) When he started to favor Robert.
8. What is High Glen?
(a) A novel.
(b) A bar.
(c) A subdivision.
(d) A house.
9. What is the name of the tobacco plantation that Sir George gives to Jay and Lizzie?
(b) Jamisson Fields.
(d) Belle Gray.
10. What surprises Lizzie about the mines?
(a) How dark it is.
(b) How cold it is.
(c) How quiet it is.
(d) The number of women working there.
11. Who is the man running for Parliament who will support the coal heavers?
(a) Gregory Edmonton.
(b) James Masterson.
(c) John Wilkes.
(d) David Spence.
12. What is Mack doing at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) Courting a girl.
(c) Attending a play.
(d) Shoeing a horse.
13. What is the nature of the crowd after the event Lizzie attends?
14. Why is Mack going to Edinburgh?
(a) To board a ship.
(b) To have a holiday.
(c) To buy a wedding ring.
(d) To buy cattle.
15. How is Mack punished on the way to the mines the next day?
(a) He is whipped.
(b) He must walk backwards.
(c) He is dragged behind a horse.
(d) He must walk naked.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the tobacco plantation located?
2. What does Sir George's wife want him to give to Jay as a wedding gift?
3. What has Sir Jamisson not done to insure miner safety?
4. Jay and Lizzie's house is located on __________________.
5. Who accompanies Lizzie to London to meet Jay?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)