|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kicks the gun from Jay's hands during the hunt?
(d) Sir George.
2. Who joins the Jamissons in the deer hunt?
3. Lady Hallim is angry that Lizzie is in love with _________________.
4. In what city is Jay and Lizzie's house located?
5. What is mined in the local mines?
6. Who accompanies Lizzie to London to meet Jay?
(a) Her maid of honor.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her nanny.
(d) Her sister.
7. What is High Glen?
(a) A subdivision.
(b) A novel.
(c) A bar.
(d) A house.
8. Who heads up the group who kidnaps Mack?
9. Who buys Mack and Dermot a drink for rescuing the girl?
10. What does Lizzie need to do in order to view the mines?
(a) Cover her face.
(b) Dress like a man.
(c) Pack a picnic lunch.
(d) Get plenty of sleep.
11. Where is the tobacco plantation located?
(c) North Carolina.
12. What surprises Lizzie about the mines?
(a) The number of women working there.
(b) How quiet it is.
(c) How cold it is.
(d) How dark it is.
13. Companies will no longer hire Mack because _____________________.
(a) He is a troublemaker.
(b) He is Catholic.
(c) He is always late.
(d) He is lazy.
14. Why is Mack so popular among the workers?
(a) He knows how to tell a good joke.
(b) He sets up a charity for unemployed men.
(c) He buys drinks for everyone.
(d) He gets higher wages for them.
15. Who saves Lizzie from being raped in the alley?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lizzie want to call off the wedding to Jay?
2. What does a man want people to do in support of John Wilkes?
3. Who of the following is NOT one of the last three people in the mines?
4. What does Delaney advise Mack to do?
5. What day is it at the beginning of Chapter 16?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)