|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mack's twin sister?
2. Jay decides to propose to ______________.
3. Who accompanies Lizzie to London to meet Jay?
(a) Her maid of honor.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her nanny.
(d) Her sister.
4. Who of the following is NOT one of the last three people in the mines?
5. Why can Sir George not give the Barbados plantation to Jay?
(a) It has been taken over by pirates.
(b) It has been destroyed by a hurricane.
(c) He had to sell it.
(d) It belongs to Robert.
6. What preoccupies Jay's mind during the deer hunt?
(a) His love for Esther.
(b) Killing his brother.
(c) Marrying Lizzie.
(d) Moving to Edinburgh.
7. What does a man want people to do in support of John Wilkes?
(a) Put candles in the windows.
(b) Rally on the town square.
(c) Hang black wreaths on their doors.
(d) Give donations to his family.
8. Who joins the Jamissons in the deer hunt?
9. With whom does Mack live when he escapes?
10. Who has attended the hanging with Mack?
11. What has Sir Jamisson not done to insure miner safety?
(a) Installed ventilation shafts.
(b) Provided good helmets.
(c) Installed oil lights.
(d) Provided oxygen tanks.
12. Which Jamisson boy do the Jamissons hope Lizzie will marry?
13. Who buys Mack and Dermot a drink for rescuing the girl?
14. Why does Lennox approach Jay in Chapter 19?
(a) Jay owes him money.
(b) He wants to be his business partner.
(c) He wants to have a drink with him.
(d) He wants to court Lizzie's sister.
15. What is the name of the tobacco plantation that Sir George gives to Jay and Lizzie?
(a) Jamisson Fields.
(c) Belle Gray.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the owner of High Glen use as a paperweight?
2. What surprising news does Lizzie tell Mack?
3. Where is the tobacco plantation located?
4. What surprises Lizzie about the mines?
5. Why is Mack going to Edinburgh?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)