|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who buys Mack and Dermot a drink for rescuing the girl?
2. What does Delaney advise Mack to do?
(a) Go back to school.
(b) Open his own business.
(c) Leave town for a year or two.
(d) Get a job on a ship.
3. Who has attended the hanging with Mack?
4. Where is the tobacco plantation located?
(a) North Carolina.
5. What surprises Lizzie about the mines?
(a) How dark it is.
(b) How cold it is.
(c) How quiet it is.
(d) The number of women working there.
6. What is the last name of Mack and Esther?
7. What news does Jay share with his mother?
(a) He is in love with Lizzie.
(b) He has a terminal illness.
(c) He is moving to America.
(d) He has shot his father.
8. Sir George says that Mack is a born _______________.
9. Who heads up the group who kidnaps Mack?
10. Lady Hallim is angry that Lizzie is in love with _________________.
11. Who kicks the gun from Jay's hands during the hunt?
(c) Sir George.
12. Who is the man running for Parliament who will support the coal heavers?
(a) Gregory Edmonton.
(b) John Wilkes.
(c) David Spence.
(d) James Masterson.
13. Which of the following does Lizzie NOT do for Mack?
(a) Dries him off.
(b) Ignores his cries for help.
(c) Gives him her fur coat.
(d) Pulls him from the water.
14. When does Jay's mother say she began to hate her husband?
(a) When he took a mistress.
(b) When he took her away from her village.
(c) When he started to favor Robert.
(d) The first time he beat her.
15. What news does Mack give to Jay?
(a) Mack is quitting the mine.
(b) Annie is dying.
(c) Mack is marrying Lizzie.
(d) Jay cannot marry Esther.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the horse given to Jay by his father?
2. When can Esther leave Scotland?
3. What is High Glen?
4. Jay and Lizzie's house is located on __________________.
5. How is Mack punished on the way to the mines the next day?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)