|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day is it at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) Lizzie and Jay's wedding day.
(b) Elaine's Christening Day.
(c) Lady Alicia's birthday.
(d) Christmas Day.
2. In what city is Jay and Lizzie's house located?
3. What preoccupies Jay's mind during the deer hunt?
(a) Killing his brother.
(b) Marrying Lizzie.
(c) His love for Esther.
(d) Moving to Edinburgh.
4. What does Lizzie see advertised on a flyer while in London?
(a) A holiday dance.
(b) A dress sale.
(c) A play she wants to see.
(d) Mack's prize fight.
5. Where do Mack and his friend go after the event at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) A sporting venue.
(b) The pier.
(c) A dance hall.
(d) A bar.
6. What is the name of Lizzie's home?
(a) High Glen.
(c) Heather Estates.
(d) Jamisson Glen.
7. With whom does Lizzie attend the event advertised in the flyer?
(a) She goes with Jay.
(b) She goes with Lady Alicia.
(c) She goes with Annie.
(d) She goes alone.
8. Who accompanies Lizzie to London to meet Jay?
(a) Her nanny.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her maid of honor.
9. What does Lizzie need to do in order to view the mines?
(a) Pack a picnic lunch.
(b) Get plenty of sleep.
(c) Cover her face.
(d) Dress like a man.
10. What is High Glen?
(a) A subdivision.
(b) A bar.
(c) A novel.
(d) A house.
11. Companies will no longer hire Mack because _____________________.
(a) He is Catholic.
(b) He is lazy.
(c) He is always late.
(d) He is a troublemaker.
12. What does Jay get for his birthday from his father?
(a) A mine.
(b) An estate.
(c) Gold bricks.
(d) A horse.
13. The Jamissons decide to let Mack ________________.
(c) Marry Sara.
(d) Be tortured.
14. What news does Jay share with his mother?
(a) He is in love with Lizzie.
(b) He has shot his father.
(c) He has a terminal illness.
(d) He is moving to America.
15. Why does Lizzie want to call off the wedding to Jay?
(a) She found out that Jay has been secretly seeing her best friend.
(b) She realizes that the man she really loves is Robert.
(c) Jamisson people have been investigating the coal on Hallim land.
(d) She needs more time to think about the marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lizzie wear to attend the event?
2. What surprising news does Lizzie tell Mack?
3. What year is inscribed on the iron collar?
4. What does Robert do when Jay tells him that Jay and Lizzie are going to marry?
5. Who of the following is NOT one of the last three people in the mines?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)