|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city is Jay and Lizzie's house located?
2. With whom does Mack live when he escapes?
3. What news does Mack give to Jay?
(a) Jay cannot marry Esther.
(b) Mack is quitting the mine.
(c) Annie is dying.
(d) Mack is marrying Lizzie.
4. Who pays for Lizzie's house?
(a) Sir George.
(b) Lady Alicia.
5. Sir George says that Mack is a born _______________.
6. What is Mack doing at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(b) Courting a girl.
(c) Attending a play.
(d) Shoeing a horse.
7. What does Jay get for his birthday from his father?
(a) An estate.
(b) A horse.
(c) Gold bricks.
(d) A mine.
8. What surprises Lizzie about the mines?
(a) How cold it is.
(b) How quiet it is.
(c) The number of women working there.
(d) How dark it is.
9. To what city does Mack escape?
10. What is the name of Lizzie's home?
(a) Heather Estates.
(c) Jamisson Glen.
(d) High Glen.
11. Jay and Lizzie's house is located on __________________.
(a) Chapel Street.
(b) Pier Street.
(c) Bristol Street.
(d) Ash Street.
12. Lizzie dresses as a man to attend a _______________.
(a) Cock fight.
(c) Political rally.
(d) Labor union meeting.
13. What is a firedamp?
(a) A wet rag.
(b) An appendage on a fireplace.
(c) A flammable gas.
(d) A firefighter.
14. What does a man want people to do in support of John Wilkes?
(a) Give donations to his family.
(b) Rally on the town square.
(c) Put candles in the windows.
(d) Hang black wreaths on their doors.
15. Who is Mack's twin sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mack taken after he is captured?
2. Where is the tobacco plantation located?
3. What has Sir Jamisson not done to insure miner safety?
4. What do two men take from Lizzie in an alley?
5. Who of the following is NOT one of the last three people in the mines?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)