|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a firedamp?
(a) A flammable gas.
(b) An appendage on a fireplace.
(c) A firefighter.
(d) A wet rag.
2. With whom does Lizzie attend the event advertised in the flyer?
(a) She goes with Lady Alicia.
(b) She goes with Jay.
(c) She goes alone.
(d) She goes with Annie.
3. Who saves Lizzie from being raped in the alley?
4. What year is inscribed on the iron collar?
5. What preoccupies Jay's mind during the deer hunt?
(a) Moving to Edinburgh.
(b) Killing his brother.
(c) His love for Esther.
(d) Marrying Lizzie.
6. Where is the tobacco plantation located?
(c) North Carolina.
7. Jay decides to propose to ______________.
8. What news does Mack give to Jay?
(a) Mack is marrying Lizzie.
(b) Mack is quitting the mine.
(c) Annie is dying.
(d) Jay cannot marry Esther.
9. Who is the girl that Mack and Dermot rescue in Chapter 15?
10. Lady Hallim is angry that Lizzie is in love with _________________.
11. What is Mack doing at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) Shoeing a horse.
(c) Attending a play.
(d) Courting a girl.
12. The letter from the London lawyer states that the miners are to be free at the age of ________________.
13. Why can Sir George not give the Barbados plantation to Jay?
(a) It has been destroyed by a hurricane.
(b) It has been taken over by pirates.
(c) He had to sell it.
(d) It belongs to Robert.
14. Which Jamisson boy do the Jamissons hope Lizzie will marry?
15. What is Jay Jamisson hoping his father will give him as a birthday gift?
(a) A country estate.
(b) A new stallion.
(c) A sugar plantation in Barbados.
(d) A seat on the company's board of directors.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what city does Mack escape?
2. Who kicks the gun from Jay's hands during the hunt?
3. In what city is Jay and Lizzie's house located?
4. What do the Jamissons want from Lizzie's family?
5. What does Sir George's wife want him to give to Jay as a wedding gift?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)