|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sir George says that Mack is a born _______________.
2. Where do Mack and his friend go after the event at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) The pier.
(b) A sporting venue.
(c) A dance hall.
(d) A bar.
3. Who accompanies Lizzie to London to meet Jay?
(a) Her maid of honor.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her nanny.
(d) Her mother.
4. Who is Sir George's wife?
(a) Lady Madeleine.
(b) Lady Elaine.
(c) Lady Alicia.
(d) Lady Elizabeth.
5. Who is the girl that Mack and Dermot rescue in Chapter 15?
6. What is mined in the local mines?
7. What does Mack have to do before he can leave the mine?
(a) Burn off the firedamp.
(b) Bring all the tools out.
(c) Shut down all the vents.
(d) Make sure everyone is out.
8. In what city is Jay and Lizzie's house located?
9. Which Jamisson boy do the Jamissons hope Lizzie will marry?
10. Who saves Lizzie from being raped in the alley?
11. What is High Glen?
(a) A novel.
(b) A bar.
(c) A house.
(d) A subdivision.
12. Jay and Lizzie's house is located on __________________.
(a) Ash Street.
(b) Bristol Street.
(c) Chapel Street.
(d) Pier Street.
13. What does Lizzie need to do in order to view the mines?
(a) Cover her face.
(b) Pack a picnic lunch.
(c) Get plenty of sleep.
(d) Dress like a man.
14. What day is it at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) Elaine's Christening Day.
(b) Lady Alicia's birthday.
(c) Christmas Day.
(d) Lizzie and Jay's wedding day.
15. What preoccupies Jay's mind during the deer hunt?
(a) Moving to Edinburgh.
(b) His love for Esther.
(c) Marrying Lizzie.
(d) Killing his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who of the following is NOT one of the last three people in the mines?
2. What news does Mack give to Jay?
3. Who kicks the gun from Jay's hands during the hunt?
4. Lady Hallim is angry that Lizzie is in love with _________________.
5. What is Mack doing when Lizzie spots him during a walk?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)