|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lennox approach Jay in Chapter 19?
(a) He wants to court Lizzie's sister.
(b) Jay owes him money.
(c) He wants to be his business partner.
(d) He wants to have a drink with him.
2. The letter from the London lawyer states that the miners are to be free at the age of ________________.
3. Why have Lizzie and Jay come to London?
(a) To buy wedding favors.
(b) To have dinner.
(c) To make honeymoon arrangements.
(d) To look at a house.
4. Who of the following is NOT one of the last three people in the mines?
5. Who heads up the group who kidnaps Mack?
6. Mack is offered a job as a/an _____________.
7. Who does Jay Jamisson want to kill?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His boss.
8. Who buys Mack and Dermot a drink for rescuing the girl?
9. Companies will no longer hire Mack because _____________________.
(a) He is Catholic.
(b) He is lazy.
(c) He is a troublemaker.
(d) He is always late.
10. What does Lizzie need to do in order to view the mines?
(a) Pack a picnic lunch.
(b) Dress like a man.
(c) Get plenty of sleep.
(d) Cover her face.
11. Who kicks the gun from Jay's hands during the hunt?
(c) Sir George.
12. Why does Lizzie want to call off the wedding to Jay?
(a) She needs more time to think about the marriage.
(b) She found out that Jay has been secretly seeing her best friend.
(c) She realizes that the man she really loves is Robert.
(d) Jamisson people have been investigating the coal on Hallim land.
13. Which of the following does Lizzie NOT do for Mack?
(a) Pulls him from the water.
(b) Ignores his cries for help.
(c) Dries him off.
(d) Gives him her fur coat.
14. What is the name of the tobacco plantation that Sir George gives to Jay and Lizzie?
(b) Jamisson Fields.
(c) Belle Gray.
15. What has Sir Jamisson not done to insure miner safety?
(a) Installed oil lights.
(b) Provided good helmets.
(c) Installed ventilation shafts.
(d) Provided oxygen tanks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is High Glen?
2. What news does Jay share with his mother?
3. Why is Mack so popular among the workers?
4. What does Jay tell his father and brother about Mack?
5. What is the name of the horse given to Jay by his father?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)