|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mack and Lizzie name the place they decide to stay?
(a) Glen Ellen.
(d) High Glen.
2. Why does Lennox approach Jay in Chapter 19?
(a) He wants to be his business partner.
(b) He wants to have a drink with him.
(c) Jay owes him money.
(d) He wants to court Lizzie's sister.
3. What is the only thing that prevents Mack from escaping?
(a) His love for Lizzie.
(b) Bad weather.
(c) Not enough money.
(d) His bad knee.
4. What news does Jay share with his mother?
(a) He has shot his father.
(b) He has a terminal illness.
(c) He is moving to America.
(d) He is in love with Lizzie.
5. Which Jamisson boy do the Jamissons hope Lizzie will marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nature of the crowd after the event Lizzie attends?
2. What decision does Lizzie make after Jay beats her?
3. In what country does the novel primarily take place?
4. Why can Sir George not give the Barbados plantation to Jay?
5. What does Lizzie wear to attend the event?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)