|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country does the novel primarily take place?
2. What does Mack have to do before he can leave the mine?
(a) Burn off the firedamp.
(b) Make sure everyone is out.
(c) Shut down all the vents.
(d) Bring all the tools out.
3. What is Mack doing at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) Courting a girl.
(b) Shoeing a horse.
(d) Attending a play.
4. Workers in the colonies have to work for whomever buys them for a period of ___________________.
(a) Ten years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three years.
(d) Seven years.
5. Where do Mack and his friend go after the event at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) A bar.
(b) The pier.
(c) A dance hall.
(d) A sporting venue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is High Glen?
2. What year is inscribed on the iron collar?
3. Jay's views on _______________ offend the dinner guests.
4. What does Sir George's wife want him to give to Jay as a wedding gift?
5. Jay and Lizzie's first tobacco crop is labeled as _________________.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)