|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Mack when he first started working in the mines?
2. What is the name of Lizzie's home?
(a) Jamisson Glen.
(b) High Glen.
(c) Heather Estates.
3. When can Esther leave Scotland?
(a) When the family house is sold.
(b) When she finishes her schooling.
(c) When Mack sends money for her.
(d) When she gets married.
4. Why does Sir George Jamisson want Robert to marry Lizzie?
(a) The Hallim estate is rich in coal.
(b) Her family pedigree is fit for his son.
(c) She is the most beautiful girl in the county.
(d) She will be easily taught how to run the business.
5. How is Mack punished on the way to the mines the next day?
(a) He is whipped.
(b) He must walk backwards.
(c) He is dragged behind a horse.
(d) He must walk naked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Jay share with his mother?
2. What does Sir George's wife want him to give to Jay as a wedding gift?
3. Where is Mack taken after he is captured?
4. What does Jay tell his father and brother about Mack?
5. The letter from the London lawyer states that the miners are to be free at the age of ________________.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)