|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a firedamp?
(a) A firefighter.
(b) An appendage on a fireplace.
(c) A flammable gas.
(d) A wet rag.
2. When can Esther leave Scotland?
(a) When the family house is sold.
(b) When she finishes her schooling.
(c) When Mack sends money for her.
(d) When she gets married.
3. Who does Jay Jamisson want to kill?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His boss.
4. According to the law, if a man over twenty-one works in the mine for ________________, he becomes the property of the owner.
(a) Six months.
(b) Ten years.
(c) A year and a day.
(d) A month.
5. Where is Mack taken after he is captured?
(a) The dungeon at Jamison Castle.
(b) A cave.
(c) The larder at Jamison Castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the owner of High Glen use as a paperweight?
2. What is Lizzie's last name?
3. What does Mack have to do before he can leave the mine?
4. What has Sir Jamisson not done to insure miner safety?
5. Whom does Annie want to marry?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)