|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sir George Jamisson want Robert to marry Lizzie?
(a) The Hallim estate is rich in coal.
(b) She will be easily taught how to run the business.
(c) Her family pedigree is fit for his son.
(d) She is the most beautiful girl in the county.
2. Lady Hallim is angry that Lizzie is in love with _________________.
3. What does the owner of High Glen use as a paperweight?
(a) Gold brick.
(b) Iron collar.
(c) Beer stein.
(d) Lump of coal.
4. What is Lizzie's last name?
5. What news does Mack give to Jay?
(a) Mack is marrying Lizzie.
(b) Jay cannot marry Esther.
(c) Annie is dying.
(d) Mack is quitting the mine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mack's twin sister?
2. What is the last name of Mack and Esther?
3. Who joins the Jamissons in the deer hunt?
4. The letter from the London lawyer states that the miners are to be free at the age of ________________.
5. When can Esther leave Scotland?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)