|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is High Glen?
(a) A house.
(b) A novel.
(c) A subdivision.
(d) A bar.
2. What does Mack have to do before he can leave the mine?
(a) Bring all the tools out.
(b) Shut down all the vents.
(c) Make sure everyone is out.
(d) Burn off the firedamp.
3. To what city does Mack escape?
4. What is the name of the horse given to Jay by his father?
5. What does Lizzie need to do in order to view the mines?
(a) Get plenty of sleep.
(b) Cover her face.
(c) Dress like a man.
(d) Pack a picnic lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Mack punished on the way to the mines the next day?
2. What is mined in the local mines?
3. What is Jay Jamisson hoping his father will give him as a birthday gift?
4. What preoccupies Jay's mind during the deer hunt?
5. What year is inscribed on the iron collar?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)