|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mack doing when Lizzie spots him during a walk?
(a) Crawling through shrubs.
(b) Climbing a tree.
(c) Running across the glen.
(d) Swimming across the river.
2. Jay and Lizzie's house is located on __________________.
(a) Pier Street.
(b) Chapel Street.
(c) Ash Street.
(d) Bristol Street.
3. Why is Mack so popular among the workers?
(a) He sets up a charity for unemployed men.
(b) He knows how to tell a good joke.
(c) He buys drinks for everyone.
(d) He gets higher wages for them.
4. What revelation does the minister have for Lizzie?
(a) Jay is having an affair.
(b) Lizzie's dowry is invalid.
(c) The Jamissons are mining at High Glen.
(d) Lady Alicia has sold High Glen.
5. With whom does Mack live when he escapes?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the law, if a man over twenty-one works in the mine for ________________, he becomes the property of the owner.
2. What is the nature of the crowd after the event Lizzie attends?
3. What is the name of Lizzie's home?
4. What does Sir George's wife want him to give to Jay as a wedding gift?
5. Why is Mack going to Edinburgh?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)