|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Liam drinking on page 86?
2. What does Conor remember his mother drinking at the garden table?
3. What does Conor's grandmother knock over after seeing the damage Conor has done to her sitting room?
4. In "Invisible," how long does Conor remember sleeping that morning?
5. What bones did Conor and the monster break when they hit Harry?
Short Essay Questions
1. On page 122, what does Conor do in the schoolyard?
2. What does the monster say about the yew tree?
3. Why do Harry's parents decide not to press charges against Conor?
4. How long is Liam staying and why?
5. What does Conor's mother tell him on page 167?
6. What does Conor find when he goes downstairs after waking on page 123?
7. In Conor's nightmare, where is his mom and what happens to her?
8. What does Conor do on page 119 after his grandmother goes to her bedroom?
9. How does Conor's grandmother react when she sees the damage Conor has done on page 117?
10. What happens during lunch on page 143?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Conor is actually disappointed when he is not punished for any of his destructive behavior. Why is Conor disappointed when he is not punished, and why does he feel that he deserves to be punished?
Essay Topic 2
Conor has a falling out with his friend Lily. What damages their friendship, and how is their friendship restored?
Essay Topic 3
The grownups do not punish Conor for any of his destructive behavior. Why do the adults not punish Conor for damaging his grandmother’s sitting room or beating Harry?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)