|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Invisible," how long does Conor remember sleeping that morning?
2. On page 172, why does the monster say that he came?
3. How many lines does Lily write in her note on page 161?
4. What does Conor have for breakfast in "Invisible"?
5. On page 115, what is the only piece of furniture that is left standing in Conor's grandmother's sitting room?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the monster's second tale, how does he describe the countryside?
2. What does Conor do to his grandmother's clock on pages 93-94?
3. On page 122, what does Conor do in the schoolyard?
4. How long is Liam staying and why?
5. What does Conor's father say about the mess that Conor made at his grandmother's house?
6. On page 86, how is the visit described that Conor and his dad have with his mom?
7. What does Conor's mother tell him on page 167?
8. What does Conor see when he looks around on page 115?
9. What does Conor find when he goes downstairs after waking on page 123?
10. What does Conor's mother look like on page 163?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The monster finally reveals that he has come to heal Conor. Why does Conor need healing, and how does the monster help Conor find healing?
Essay Topic 2
Conor’s father lives in America, and they keep in touch through infrequent phone calls. How would you describe the relationship that Conor has with his father, and why they are not closer?
Essay Topic 3
A monster appears to Conor in his backyard, but Conor is not afraid of him. Why is Conor not afraid of the monster or afraid to talk back to the monster?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)