|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Conor's grandmother drops him off at his house on page 169, when does she say she will come back and pick him up?
2. What gets knocked into Conor's lap on page 143?
3. On page 137 where does the monster sit?
4. What does Conor's grandmother knock over after seeing the damage Conor has done to her sitting room?
5. On page 174, where does Conor see his mom sitting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lily tell Conor in a note on page 162?
2. What does Conor do on page 119 after his grandmother goes to her bedroom?
3. How does Conor's grandmother react when she sees the damage Conor has done on page 117?
4. In the monster's second tale, how does he describe the countryside?
5. Why does the monster say that he came?
6. What does Conor ask the monster at the beginning of "No Tale," and what how does the monster respond?
7. What does Conor's mother look like on page 163?
8. On page 86, how is the visit described that Conor and his dad have with his mom?
9. What does Conor's mother tell him on page 167?
10. On page 143, what is Conor's morning like at school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The monster finally reveals that he has come to heal Conor. Why does Conor need healing, and how does the monster help Conor find healing?
Essay Topic 2
Although there are two monsters and a dreadful illness in the story, Conor fears guilt more. Why does Conor feel guilt? Why does he fear guilt?
Essay Topic 3
Conor has a falling out with his friend Lily. What damages their friendship, and how is their friendship restored?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)