|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On page 28, what does Conor's mother fall asleep watching?
2. On page 29, which days are the worst for Conor's mom after her treatments?
3. On page 69, how many rounds of treatments has Conor's mom had?
4. What color scarf is Conor's mother wearing around her head on page 38?
5. What were houses made of in the tree's first story?
Short Essay Questions
1. On page 76, when was the last time that Conor's mother had to stay in the hospital and how long did she stay?
2. In page 24, how does Conor remember the day before he learned that his mother had cancer?
3. How long has Conor known Lily and what has their relationship been like?
4. What news does Conor's grandmother have for him at the beginning of "Little Talk"?
5. On page 50, how does Conor feel when the nightmare feeling rises in him?
6. What does the monster say that he and Conor will do?
7. What is Conor's assignment for English on page 23?
8. Why does Conor have to make his own breakfast on page 10?
9. What happened to Conor's dad?
10. What does Miss Kwan say to Conor after the other boys go inside the school on pages 72-73?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Conor has a falling out with his friend Lily. What damages their friendship, and how is their friendship restored?
Essay Topic 2
Conor thinks that the stories the monster tells are like fairy tales. Are the stories fairy tales? Why are they or are they not fairy tales?
Essay Topic 3
Conor’s father lives in America, and they keep in touch through infrequent phone calls. How would you describe the relationship that Conor has with his father, and why they are not closer?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)