|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day of the week does Conor's grandmother's cleaning lady come to clean?
2. On page 14, how does Conor think that the items he found on the floor of his room when he woke got into his bedroom?
3. What prints are on the walls of the room where Conor sleeps at his grandmother's house?
4. After the divorce, where did Conor's father move?
5. How does Conor's grandmother like her tea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Conor's dad?
2. What happens when Conor tells the monster on page 9 to come and get him?
3. What does Miss Kwan say to Conor after the other boys go inside the school on pages 72-73?
4. Why does Conor have to make his own breakfast on page 10?
5. Why is Conor's grandmother different from other grandmothers?
6. On page 16, when and why does Conor's mother say that Conor's grandmother is coming to stay?
7. What happened after Lily told friends that Conor's mother had cancer?
8. On page 28, why has Conor's evening been slow?
9. On page 50, how does Conor feel when the nightmare feeling rises in him?
10. In page 24, how does Conor remember the day before he learned that his mother had cancer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Conor feels invisible at home and at school. Why does Conor feel invisible and isolated everywhere he goes?
Essay Topic 2
The monster finally reveals that he has come to heal Conor. Why does Conor need healing, and how does the monster help Conor find healing?
Essay Topic 3
One of Conor’s assignments for school is to write about his life for English class. What stories can Conor think of from his life, and why does not want to share his stories with anyone else?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)