|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How late does Conor work trying to clean up the mess in his grandmother's sitting room?
(a) Until a few hours after midnight.
(b) 3 a.m.
(c) Until dawn.
(d) 10 a.m.
2. On page 137 where does the monster sit?
(a) A neighbor's house.
(b) A log.
(c) Roof of Grandmother's office.
(d) On the ground.
3. What is Liam drinking on page 86?
(d) Bottled water.
4. What does Conor have for breakfast in "Invisible"?
(b) Scrambled eggs.
5. When Conor's grandmother drops him off at his house on page 169, when does she say she will come back and pick him up?
(a) 35 minutes.
(b) An hour.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) About 90 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gets knocked into Conor's lap on page 143?
2. On page 115 what is shattered into pieces beyond counting?
3. After Conor and Harry's fight, how many people speak to Conor the rest of the day?
4. How long does the monster say that the yew tree lives?
5. What color is the carpet on page 153?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Conor and the monster do as the monster begins the third tale on page 146?
2. On page 143, what is Conor's morning like at school?
3. In Conor's nightmare, where is his mom and what happens to her?
4. What does Conor ask the monster at the beginning of "No Tale," and what how does the monster respond?
5. What type of person was the Apothecary?
6. What does Conor's father say about the mess that Conor made at his grandmother's house?
7. On page 86, how is the visit described that Conor and his dad have with his mom?
8. What does Conor find when he goes downstairs after waking on page 123?
9. How does Conor's grandmother react when she sees the damage Conor has done on page 117?
10. What does Conor do to his grandmother's clock on pages 93-94?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)