|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of wolves had the king battled in the tree's first story?
(a) Black and silver.
(b) White with gray eyes.
(c) White and black.
(d) Black with red eyes.
2. On page 1, how often has Conor been having The Nightmare?
(a) Every other night.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Once a month.
(d) A lot.
3. Where is Conor's mom on page 76?
(b) Her room.
(d) Conor's room.
4. On page 25, how long does Lily have detention?
(a) A week.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 4 days.
5. What time do monsters show up?
(a) 2 a.m.
(b) Just after midnight.
(c) Just before midnight.
(d) 1 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the villagers wish to kill the queen in the tree's first story?
2. Where did the monster take the queen in the tree's first story?
3. On page 17, what does Conor's mother say that his grandmother is bringing her?
4. On page 50, what has Conor hoped that the monster would do for him?
5. On page 29, around midnight how long has it been since Conor's mother quit throwing up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Conor tells the monster on page 9 to come and get him?
2. How does Conor's grandmother keep up with the cleaning and why?
3. What news does Conor's grandmother have for him at the beginning of "Little Talk"?
4. In page 24, how does Conor remember the day before he learned that his mother had cancer?
5. On page 76, when was the last time that Conor's mother had to stay in the hospital and how long did she stay?
6. What is Conor's assignment for English on page 23?
7. What is the yard like at Conor's grandmother's house?
8. On page 16, when and why does Conor's mother say that Conor's grandmother is coming to stay?
9. What does Conor hear and see just after midnight on pages 2-9.
10. On page 28, why has Conor's evening been slow?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)