|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of hair does Lily have?
(c) Wiry curls.
(d) Thin and wispy.
2. On page 51, what does the monster say his story will be about?
(a) A wicked queen.
(b) A wicked duchess.
(c) A wicked king.
(d) A wicked duke.
3. What time do monsters show up?
(a) 2 a.m.
(b) Just after midnight.
(c) 1 a.m.
(d) Just before midnight.
4. Where does Conor's father live?
5. On page 14, how does Conor think that the items he found on the floor of his room when he woke got into his bedroom?
(a) Fell out of his backpack.
(b) A monster brought them.
(c) Blew in through his open window.
(d) Fell out of his boots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Conor's English teacher?
2. On page 50, what has Conor hoped that the monster would do for him?
3. On page 8, what does the monster's breath smell like?
4. On page 29, which days are the worst for Conor's mom after her treatments?
5. Where does Conor sleep when his grandmother visits?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Conor's assignment for English on page 23?
2. How does Conor's grandmother keep up with the cleaning and why?
3. What does Conor hear and see just after midnight on pages 2-9.
4. On page 28, why has Conor's evening been slow?
5. What happened after Lily told friends that Conor's mother had cancer?
6. What does Miss Kwan say to Conor after the other boys go inside the school on pages 72-73?
7. What does Conor do after eating breakfast?
8. What battles did the king have to fight on page 52 to keep peace in his kingdom?
9. On page 16, when and why does Conor's mother say that Conor's grandmother is coming to stay?
10. In the monster's first story, who murdered the farmer's daughter and why?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)