|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Page 26, when does Conor remember being in the nativity play with Lily?
(a) Age 9.
(b) Age 5.
(c) Age 3.
(d) Age 7.
2. What type of stories does the monster want to tell Conor on page 51?
(a) How he won battles.
(b) How he became king of the world.
(c) How he toppled enemies and slew dragons.
(d) How he trained warriors.
3. Where does Conor's father live?
4. On page 44, how long has it been since Conor's mother's last treatment?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 1 day.
5. What is the name of Conor's grandmother's cleaning lady?
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is it on page 3?
2. How many of the king's sons died in the tree's first story?
3. What type of king ruled in the Tree's first story?
4. On page 14, how does Conor think that the items he found on the floor of his room when he woke got into his bedroom?
5. How many times has Conor's mother told him that the tree in the graveyard is a yew tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after Lily told friends that Conor's mother had cancer?
2. What does Conor do when it is 12:07 on page 45?
3. What does Conor hear and see just after midnight on pages 2-9.
4. On page 44, why does Conor think he will have trouble sleeping?
5. What happened to Conor's dad?
6. What does Conor find on his bedroom floors when he wakes, and how does he think they got there?
7. How does Conor's grandmother keep up with the cleaning and why?
8. On page 28, why has Conor's evening been slow?
9. What happens when Conor tells the monster on page 9 to come and get him?
10. What does the monster say that he and Conor will do?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)