|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing the monster destroys?
(a) Kitchen table.
(c) Front door.
2. How long does Conor's father say that he is staying when he comes because Conor's mom is sick?
(a) A few days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) A week.
3. On page 92, when does Liam say that Conor can come and visit?
(c) Spring break.
(d) Summer break.
4. How many lines does Lily write in her note on page 161?
5. In "Invisible," where is Conor's grandmother?
(c) Friend's house.
6. How was the parsonage destroyed in the monster's second tale?
(b) By the monster.
7. What color is the carpet on page 153?
(a) Egg yolk yellow.
(c) Eggshell white.
(d) Spilled wine.
8. How does Conor's father say that Conor will be punished for destroying his grandmother's sitting room?
(a) He will not be punished.
(b) He will have to fix up the room.
(c) He will have to do more chores.
(d) Grounded for several weeks.
9. Why does Conor's father say that Conor cannot live with him?
(a) It is not possible to get the right papers for Conor to stay.
(b) Conor would have to much difficulty switching schools.
(c) No room.
(d) His mother wants him to stay in England.
10. How long does the monster say that the yew tree lives?
(a) 500 years.
(b) 700 years.
(c) Thousands of years.
(d) Hundreds of years.
11. What does the headmistress decide to do about the fight that Conor caused?
(a) Make him do something nice for Harry.
(b) Expel him.
(d) Send him to detention.
12. What does Conor have for breakfast in "Invisible"?
(c) Scrambled eggs.
13. Where does Conor want to go on page 168?
(c) His home.
14. Where does Conor sit when he visits his mother in the hospital on page 164?
(c) Vacant bed in her room.
(d) Side of her bed.
15. After Harry is beat up, who is the only person who looks at Conor briefly?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose hands is Conor trying to hold on page 180?
2. Who was punished for selfishness in the monster's second tale?
3. How many daughters did the parson have in the monster's second tale?
4. How long was Conor's mother awake when he and his dad visited her at the beginning of "Champ"?
5. What does Conor feel when he sees Harry, Sully, and Anton coming on in "Invisible"?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)