|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color scarf is Conor's mother wearing around her head on page 38?
2. When Conor got up in the morning after the first nightmare the readers witness, what was on the floor of his room?
(b) Clods of dirt.
(d) Yew leaves.
3. On page 27, how long has it been since Conor's father moved away?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 7 years.
4. On page 50, what has Conor hoped that the monster would do for him?
(a) Tell him how to help his mother.
(b) Frighten his grandmother into going home.
(c) Help him.
(d) Heal his mother.
5. On page 69, how many rounds of treatments has Conor's mom had?
6. On page 66, what does Conor remember that his grandmother stuck in his hand as he left for school?
(d) Lunch sack.
7. How does Conor leave his house on page 30 to meet the monster?
(a) Front door.
(b) Back door.
(c) Side door.
(d) Bedroom window.
8. Where does Conor sleep when his grandmother visits?
(c) Living room floor.
9. Where does Conor's father live?
10. What day of the week is it on page 80?
11. On page 29, around midnight how long has it been since Conor's mother quit throwing up?
(a) 2 1/2 hours.
(b) 1 1/2 hours.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
12. After the divorce, where did Conor's father move?
13. On page 52, what did the area where Conor lives used to be?
(a) A meadow.
(b) A green place.
(c) A forest.
(d) A lake.
14. When was the last time that Conor's father came to see him?
(a) 2 years ago.
(b) 18 months ago.
(c) Christmas before last.
(d) Last Christmas.
15. What prints are on the walls of the room where Conor sleeps at his grandmother's house?
(c) Sailing ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. On page 44, how long has it been since Conor's mother's last treatment?
2. What month is it on page 3?
3. What types of wolves had the king battled in the tree's first story?
4. On page 28, what does Conor's mother fall asleep watching?
5. On page 80, how long has it been since Conor has seen the monster?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)