|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On page 25, how long does Lily have detention?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) A week.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 4 days.
2. On page 66, what does Conor remember that his grandmother stuck in his hand as he left for school?
(a) Lunch sack.
3. How does Conor leave his house on page 30 to meet the monster?
(a) Side door.
(b) Front door.
(c) Bedroom window.
(d) Back door.
4. On page 40, what do Conor, his grandmother, and mother have for dinner?
(a) Chinese take-away.
(b) Fast food.
(d) Fish and chips.
5. How long does Conor remember that his mother had to stay in the hospital when she had really bad pain previously?
(a) 11 days.
(b) Nearly 2 weeks.
(c) About 3 weeks.
(d) 5 days.
6. What is in Conor's grandmother's backyard?
(a) Stone and rock pathways.
(b) Vegetable gardens.
(c) Sheds, stone pond, and her office.
(d) Flower gardens.
7. On page 51, what does the monster call stories?
(a) Tales of wonder.
(c) Wild creatures.
8. On page 29, which days are the worst for Conor's mom after her treatments?
(a) 2nd and 3rd.
(b) 1st and 2nd.
(c) 3rd and 4th.
(d) 4th and 5th.
9. On page 27, how long has it been since Conor's father moved away?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 6 years.
10. On page 28, what does Conor's mother fall asleep watching?
(c) Doctor Who.
(d) Top of the Lake.
11. On Page 17, how long does Conor's mother say that his grandmother will stay?
(a) 2-3 nights.
(b) 3-4 nights.
(c) A couple of nights.
(d) A day or two.
12. How many of the king's sons died in the tree's first story?
13. On page 52, what did the area where Conor lives used to be?
(a) A meadow.
(b) A green place.
(c) A forest.
(d) A lake.
14. What does Harry tell Conor on page 18?
(a) Watch out for the branch.
(b) Look out for the rock.
(c) Be careful of the steps.
(d) Hang on the the railing.
15. What type of tree rises from the graveyard that Conor can see from his bedroom window?
Short Answer Questions
1. On page 68, how long ago has it been since Lilly told a few of her friends about Conor's mom?
2. What type of hair does Lily have?
3. What day of the week is it on page 80?
4. What were houses made of in the tree's first story?
5. Who did the king's grandson wish to marry in the tree's first story?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)