|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Conor's English teacher?
(a) Mrs. Harter.
(b) Mrs. Marl.
(c) Mrs Potter.
(d) Miss Kwan.
2. What does Conor's grandmother wear all the time?
(a) Jeans and t-shirts.
(b) Polos and khakis.
(c) House dresses.
(d) Tailored pantsuits.
3. On page 35, how many stories does the monster say he will tell Conor?
4. On page 45, what time does Conor see in the monster in his backyard?
5. On page 44, how long has it been since Conor's mother's last treatment?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 2 days.
6. What month is it on page 3?
7. How old is Conor?
8. On page 50, what has Conor hoped that the monster would do for him?
(a) Frighten his grandmother into going home.
(b) Heal his mother.
(c) Help him.
(d) Tell him how to help his mother.
9. On page 40, what do Conor, his grandmother, and mother have for dinner?
(a) Fish and chips.
(b) Chinese take-away.
(d) Fast food.
10. What type of hair does Lily have?
(a) Wiry curls.
(c) Thin and wispy.
11. On page 51, what does the monster call stories?
(b) Wild creatures.
(d) Tales of wonder.
12. What type of tree rises from the graveyard that Conor can see from his bedroom window?
13. How old was the king's grandson when the king became ill in the tree's first story?
14. How far of a drive is it from Conor's grandmother's house to his school?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 35 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
15. What holiday did Conor spend with his grandmother the last time when his mother was sick?
(b) Summer holiday.
(d) Boxing Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color scarf is Conor's mother wearing around her head on page 38?
2. What type of king ruled in the Tree's first story?
3. How does Conor leave his house on page 30 to meet the monster?
4. What is the name of Conor's grandmother's cleaning lady?
5. On page 48, where does Conor sit when he goes outside?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)