• In the chapter “A Monster Calls,” Conor wakes from a nightmare that he has frequently.
• It is 12:07 p.m. and Conor has to keep his nightmare a secret from everyone—his mother, his grandmother, and kids at school.
• He hears someone calling his name, but he does not recognize the voice.
• He goes to the window and looks out at the graveyard beyond his home and the large yew tree in the center of the cemetery.
• As Conor watches, the yew tree moves and becomes a monster.
• Conor is not afraid of this monster, and he tells it that he is not afraid.
• In the chapter “Breakfast,”Conor’s mother is not up and he fixes his own breakfast.
• He still thinks the yew tree that became a monster is another dream, but he is not sure how to explain all the yew tree leaves that...
This section contains 3,786 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)