|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosa say when Tony talks to her about going further on?
(a) They will but it will be very dangerous.
(b) Maybe if the rest of their group arrives.
(c) It will cost many more cigarettes.
(d) Her tribe does not go into Pie-Wie lands.
2. What does Tony decide?
(a) To kill himself.
(b) To kill Brenda.
(c) To give her the increased amount.
(d) To go away for six months.
3. Where are Tony and Milly going?
(a) To Paris.
(b) To the seashore in Brighton.
(c) To the Riviera.
(d) To a seedy motel in Essex.
4. Why is Jock appalled at Brenda's response?
(a) Because Brenda doesn't seem at all affected.
(b) Because Brenda says that it serves Tony right.
(c) Because Brenda blames Tony.
(d) Because Brenda seems relieved that it is her son John Andrew who is dead, not John Beaver.
5. How does Tony's weekend farce turn out?
(a) Tony gets interested in Milly and actually hopes to date her.
(b) A total failure.
(c) Not quite as successful as they had hoped, so he has to do it again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Tony?
2. What is wrong with Tony?
3. What would Brenda's increased demands mean?
4. How many trips has Tony made in his life?
5. Where does Messinger want to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolic significance of the first book that Tony reads?
2. How is the inadequacies of the social circle in which Brenda revolves evident with the death of John Andrew?
3. What seems most important to Tony as he lies possibly dying and alone?
4. How long is it before Tony and Messinger are able to talk to the men of the village about what they want?
5. What seems to be contrasted in this chapter?
6. What are the indications that Tony may still be plagued by a "curse" or bad luck?
7. What is Tony's position in Brenda's social circle by the end of this chapter?
8. How does Reggie present the situation about Brenda to Tony?
9. How does Brenda use the death of her son to justify her request for a divorce?
10. What do Messigner and Tony decide to do and do you think they make the best choice?
This section contains 1,439 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)