|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Tony?
(a) He has broken his leg.
(b) He has a fever that keeps recurring.
(c) He is going blind.
(d) He is despondent.
2. Why is Jock appalled at Brenda's response?
(a) Because Brenda blames Tony.
(b) Because Brenda seems relieved that it is her son John Andrew who is dead, not John Beaver.
(c) Because Brenda doesn't seem at all affected.
(d) Because Brenda says that it serves Tony right.
3. What does Tony do in a weak moment?
(a) Calls Brenda and tries to effect a reconciliation.
(b) Starts a nasty rumor about Brenda.
(c) Goes and beats up John Beaver.
(d) Almost kills himself.
4. Why does the young woman become unfriendly to Tony?
(a) When he mentions Brenda.
(b) When he says something that indicates his prejudice.
(c) She does not become unfriendly.
(d) When he makes a move on her.
5. Where is Tony at the opening to this chapter?
(a) On a luxury cruise liner in the Mediterranean.
(b) Back at Hetton.
(c) On a boat to Trinidad.
(d) In Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jock find at Jenny's flat?
2. With whom does Tony stay for a few weeks?
3. How does Mrs. Rattery try to distract Tony while waiting for Jock and Brenda?
4. Who is Tony's new partner?
5. What propels Tony to start a dialog with Brenda?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is it that Tony seems to be the "bad" guy in a number of ways?
2. How long is it before Tony and Messinger are able to talk to the men of the village about what they want?
3. How does Tony finally take some of his own personal power back and take charge of his destiny?
4. What is Tony's position in Brenda's social circle by the end of this chapter?
5. Why do you think Tony decides to go away for awhile?
6. How does Brenda use the death of her son to justify her request for a divorce?
7. How does Brenda take the news of her son's death?
8. How does Reggie present the situation about Brenda to Tony?
9. What are the indications that Tony may still be plagued by a "curse" or bad luck?
10. How does Tony manage to survive in the jungle?
This section contains 1,392 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)