|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Tony's new partner?
(a) Dr. Upland.
(c) Dr. Messinger.
(d) Dr. Mezmerizer.
2. What do Tony and Messinger do?
(a) Turn back.
(b) Travel downstream alone.
(c) Beat each other up in a quarrel.
(d) Give up.
3. Who nurses Tony back to health?
(a) Mr. Todd.
(b) The Pie Wie tribe.
(c) No one; he recovers on his own.
(d) Dr. Messinger.
4. What does Tony slip to the man who visits the camp?
(b) A hundred pound note.
(c) His watch.
(d) A piece of paper with his name on it.
5. Why does Jock apologize?
(a) For not helping John Andrew control his horse.
(b) For knowing about Brenda and John and not saying anything to Tony.
(c) For leaving Mrs. Rafferty at Hetton for a few days.
(d) For introducing Brenda and John initially.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Tony at the opening to this chapter?
2. What does Messinger decide to do?
3. What is wrong with Tony?
4. Where does Messinger want to go?
5. How does Jenny interpret John's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the inadequacies of the social circle in which Brenda revolves evident with the death of John Andrew?
2. What is the symbolic significance of the first book that Tony reads?
3. What happens after Brenda has written Tony and telling him about John Beaver?
4. Why does Tony have to appear to be in the wrong?
5. How does Brenda use the death of her son to justify her request for a divorce?
6. How does Brenda take the news of her son's death?
7. What seems to be contrasted in this chapter?
8. How has John Beaver fared through the saga of Tony and Brenda's failed marriage?
9. How does Reggie present the situation about Brenda to Tony?
10. How has Tony again entrusted his life to someone for whom that trust is not valid?
This section contains 1,391 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)