|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tony meet his traveling companion?
(a) The Greville Club.
(b) The theater.
(c) At a party at Jock's home.
(d) The London Museum.
2. Who is Rosa?
(a) An elder in an Indian village.
(b) A captured Spanish woman who now lives at the Indian village.
(c) A Spanish woman Tony meet on the boat over to the Carribean.
(d) Dr. Messinger's wife.
3. To what sound does Tony awaken?
(a) To screams from the camp guides.
(b) To the snarl of a leopard.
(c) To Messinger treating a wound from a vampire bat.
(d) To native drums.
4. What is hard for Tony?
(a) Finding a topic for conversation with Milly.
(b) Not actually having sex with Milly, who is quite attractive.
(c) Seeing the way Winnie is abused.
(d) Knowing that Brenda is being unfaithful, only willingly.
5. After the family meeting, where does one of Brenda's brothers go?
(a) To see Tony.
(b) To talk to his uncle.
(c) Back to his own city.
(d) To talk to the judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony slip to the man who visits the camp?
2. What does Messinger decide to do?
3. With whom does Tony stay for a few weeks?
4. How is Tony?
5. What young woman does Tony meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Brenda has written Tony and telling him about John Beaver?
2. What do Messigner and Tony decide to do and do you think they make the best choice?
3. How long is it before Tony and Messinger are able to talk to the men of the village about what they want?
4. How has Tony again entrusted his life to someone for whom that trust is not valid?
5. What are the indications that Tony may still be plagued by a "curse" or bad luck?
6. Why does Tony have to appear to be in the wrong?
7. How does Tony finally take some of his own personal power back and take charge of his destiny?
8. What is the symbolic significance of the first book that Tony reads?
9. How does Brenda take the news of her son's death?
10. How does Reggie present the situation about Brenda to Tony?
This section contains 1,488 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)