|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brenda trying to get?
(a) Money out of Tony's estate.
(b) Money from John Beaver.
(c) Money from Mrs. Beave.
(d) Money from Reggie.
2. What does Tony miss while he is drugged?
(a) The arrival and departure of a search party.
(c) A letter from Brenda.
(d) The marriage of Mr. Todd and a village woman.
3. Why does Jock apologize?
(a) For introducing Brenda and John initially.
(b) For leaving Mrs. Rafferty at Hetton for a few days.
(c) For knowing about Brenda and John and not saying anything to Tony.
(d) For not helping John Andrew control his horse.
4. How many trips has Tony made in his life?
(a) 10 or so.
5. With whom does Tony stay for a few weeks?
(b) No one.
(c) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What letter does Tony receive from Brenda on Monday?
2. Where does Tony meet his traveling companion?
3. About what do the detectives warn Tony?
4. What does Tony do in a weak moment?
5. What does Brenda ask about Tony's trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the inadequacies of the social circle in which Brenda revolves evident with the death of John Andrew?
2. What is rather ironic about how divorce is treated in this era?
3. How does Brenda take the news of her son's death?
4. What is the symbolic significance of the first book that Tony reads?
5. What seems to be contrasted in this chapter?
6. How does Reggie present the situation about Brenda to Tony?
7. What are the indications that Tony may still be plagued by a "curse" or bad luck?
8. What seems most important to Tony as he lies possibly dying and alone?
9. What is Tony's position in Brenda's social circle by the end of this chapter?
10. How does Tony finally take some of his own personal power back and take charge of his destiny?
This section contains 1,482 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)