|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rosa?
(a) A captured Spanish woman who now lives at the Indian village.
(b) Dr. Messinger's wife.
(c) An elder in an Indian village.
(d) A Spanish woman Tony meet on the boat over to the Carribean.
2. How does Mrs. Rattery try to distract Tony while waiting for Jock and Brenda?
(a) With a card game.
(b) By asking him about John Andew.
(c) By asking for a tour of the home.
(d) By drinking with him.
3. How many trips has Tony made in his life?
(a) 10 or so.
4. What strikes terror into Rosa's people?
(a) A mechanical mouse Dr. Messinger shows them.
(b) The battle cries of the Pie Wie all around them.
(c) An anaconda that is forty feet long.
(d) Tony's gun.
5. About what does Mr. Todd become evasive?
(a) How Messinger dies.
(b) Helping Tony leave.
(c) Who Mr. Todd really is.
(d) Why he is there.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jenny interpret John's death?
2. What propels Tony to start a dialog with Brenda?
3. To what sound does Tony awaken?
4. What are the legal ramifications of John Andrew's death?
5. How much is Brenda now requesting as a settlement?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Tony again entrusted his life to someone for whom that trust is not valid?
2. What are the indications that Tony may still be plagued by a "curse" or bad luck?
3. What do Messigner and Tony decide to do and do you think they make the best choice?
4. How does Brenda take the news of her son's death?
5. How long is it before Tony and Messinger are able to talk to the men of the village about what they want?
6. What is Tony's position in Brenda's social circle by the end of this chapter?
7. How does Tony finally take some of his own personal power back and take charge of his destiny?
8. What happens after Brenda has written Tony and telling him about John Beaver?
9. How has John Beaver fared through the saga of Tony and Brenda's failed marriage?
10. How does Reggie present the situation about Brenda to Tony?
This section contains 1,592 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)