|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tony's weekend farce turn out?
(b) A total failure.
(c) Tony gets interested in Milly and actually hopes to date her.
(d) Not quite as successful as they had hoped, so he has to do it again.
2. What are the legal ramifications of John Andrew's death?
(a) The court rules negligence on Tony's part for allowing such a young boy to ride the hunt.
(b) The court rules Brenda as negligent.
(c) The court rules it an accident.
(d) There are no legal ramifications as it was obviously an accident so no investigation is necessary.
3. Where is Jenny going?
(a) To Wales.
(b) To France.
(c) To Polly Cockpurse's where Brenda is.
(d) To the theater.
4. Who is Tony's new partner?
(a) Dr. Mezmerizer.
(b) Dr. Messinger.
(c) Dr. Upland.
5. What does Jock tell Tony?
(a) That Tony should divorce Brenda.
(b) He and Brenda are about to board the train.
(c) He cannot find Brenda.
(d) He will not be back to Hetton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who nurses Tony back to health?
2. Why is Jock appalled at Brenda's response?
3. What strikes terror into Rosa's people?
4. With whom does Tony stay for a few weeks?
5. What does Tony slip to the man who visits the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is it that Tony seems to be the "bad" guy in a number of ways?
2. What is Tony's position in Brenda's social circle by the end of this chapter?
3. What are the indications that Tony may still be plagued by a "curse" or bad luck?
4. How long is it before Tony and Messinger are able to talk to the men of the village about what they want?
5. Why does Tony have to appear to be in the wrong?
6. How is the inadequacies of the social circle in which Brenda revolves evident with the death of John Andrew?
7. What do Messigner and Tony decide to do and do you think they make the best choice?
8. What is the symbolic significance of the first book that Tony reads?
9. How does Reggie present the situation about Brenda to Tony?
10. What is rather ironic about how divorce is treated in this era?
This section contains 1,492 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)