|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jock appalled at Brenda's response?
(a) Because Brenda blames Tony.
(b) Because Brenda seems relieved that it is her son John Andrew who is dead, not John Beaver.
(c) Because Brenda doesn't seem at all affected.
(d) Because Brenda says that it serves Tony right.
2. After the family meeting, where does one of Brenda's brothers go?
(a) To see Tony.
(b) To talk to his uncle.
(c) Back to his own city.
(d) To talk to the judge.
3. What does Messinger hope to find now?
(a) Medical help for Tony.
(b) The city of gold.
(c) The Pie Wie tribe.
(d) A way back to the Macushi.
4. What is Brenda trying to get?
(a) Money out of Tony's estate.
(b) Money from Reggie.
(c) Money from Mrs. Beave.
(d) Money from John Beaver.
5. Why does Tony have to prove his infidelity?
(a) Because he is allowing Brenda to be the plaintiff in the divorce.
(b) He does not have to prove his infidelity; he has to prove Brenda's infidelity.
(c) Because a woman is not allowed to divorce a man who is faithful.
(d) Because he wants to throw something in Brenda's face.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Tony and Milly going?
2. Who calls a family meeting of Brenda's family?
3. Where is Jenny going?
4. Where does Tony meet his traveling companion?
5. Who does Tony engage to start the divorce proceedings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tony have to appear to be in the wrong?
2. How long is it before Tony and Messinger are able to talk to the men of the village about what they want?
3. What is rather ironic about how divorce is treated in this era?
4. What seems most important to Tony as he lies possibly dying and alone?
5. How does Tony finally take some of his own personal power back and take charge of his destiny?
6. What happens after Brenda has written Tony and telling him about John Beaver?
7. How is the inadequacies of the social circle in which Brenda revolves evident with the death of John Andrew?
8. What is the symbolic significance of the first book that Tony reads?
9. How has John Beaver fared through the saga of Tony and Brenda's failed marriage?
10. How has Tony again entrusted his life to someone for whom that trust is not valid?
This section contains 1,285 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)