|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tony miss while he is drugged?
(a) The arrival and departure of a search party.
(c) A letter from Brenda.
(d) The marriage of Mr. Todd and a village woman.
2. Who is Rosa?
(a) Dr. Messinger's wife.
(b) A Spanish woman Tony meet on the boat over to the Carribean.
(c) An elder in an Indian village.
(d) A captured Spanish woman who now lives at the Indian village.
3. What strikes terror into Rosa's people?
(a) Tony's gun.
(b) A mechanical mouse Dr. Messinger shows them.
(c) An anaconda that is forty feet long.
(d) The battle cries of the Pie Wie all around them.
4. Who is Mr. Todd?
(a) A man Tony hallucinates into being.
(b) A man who has lived in the city called Amazonas for sixty years.
(c) A frog that John Andew used to have.
(d) The lawyer for Tony's estate.
5. How is Tony doing in the wake of Brenda's request to end their marriage?
(a) He is relieved it is finally over.
(b) He is having a hard time.
(c) He is very angry and is contemplating killing her.
(d) He believes she will change her mind, so is not thinking about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of whom does Tony not see much before she leaves?
2. What does Tony slip to the man who visits the camp?
3. What does Rosa say when Tony talks to her about going further on?
4. Where are Tony and Milly going?
5. How does Jenny interpret John's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Brenda has written Tony and telling him about John Beaver?
2. What seems to be contrasted in this chapter?
3. What seems most important to Tony as he lies possibly dying and alone?
4. How has Tony again entrusted his life to someone for whom that trust is not valid?
5. What is Tony's position in Brenda's social circle by the end of this chapter?
6. What do Messigner and Tony decide to do and do you think they make the best choice?
7. What is rather ironic about how divorce is treated in this era?
8. How does Tony finally take some of his own personal power back and take charge of his destiny?
9. How does Brenda take the news of her son's death?
10. What is the symbolic significance of the first book that Tony reads?
This section contains 1,407 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)