|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jenny going?
(a) To France.
(b) To Polly Cockpurse's where Brenda is.
(c) To the theater.
(d) To Wales.
2. Where is Tony at the opening to this chapter?
(a) On a luxury cruise liner in the Mediterranean.
(b) Back at Hetton.
(c) On a boat to Trinidad.
(d) In Paris.
3. Where is Tony and Messinger's second base camp?
(a) Near the mouth of the Wausau River.
(b) Near a huge waterfall.
(c) Deep into Pie-Wie territory.
(d) At the border of the Pie-Wie country.
4. What happens when Tony and Messinger awaken?
(a) They find the Macushi have stripped the camp and run.
(b) They are surrounded by Pie Wie.
(c) It is raining heavily.
(d) They hear a shaman chanting.
5. To what sound does Tony awaken?
(a) To Messinger treating a wound from a vampire bat.
(b) To the snarl of a leopard.
(c) To screams from the camp guides.
(d) To native drums.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Beaver ask his mother?
2. Who does Tony engage to start the divorce proceedings?
3. What rumor is Brenda spreading about Tony?
4. What is Brenda trying to get?
5. Where does Tony meet his traveling companion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tony finally take some of his own personal power back and take charge of his destiny?
2. How does Brenda take the news of her son's death?
3. How does Reggie present the situation about Brenda to Tony?
4. What is the symbolic significance of the first book that Tony reads?
5. How does Tony manage to survive in the jungle?
6. What seems to be contrasted in this chapter?
7. What do Messigner and Tony decide to do and do you think they make the best choice?
8. Why does Tony have to appear to be in the wrong?
9. How has John Beaver fared through the saga of Tony and Brenda's failed marriage?
10. How does Brenda use the death of her son to justify her request for a divorce?
This section contains 1,368 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)