|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is hard for Tony?
(a) Knowing that Brenda is being unfaithful, only willingly.
(b) Not actually having sex with Milly, who is quite attractive.
(c) Seeing the way Winnie is abused.
(d) Finding a topic for conversation with Milly.
2. Why is Jock appalled at Brenda's response?
(a) Because Brenda says that it serves Tony right.
(b) Because Brenda seems relieved that it is her son John Andrew who is dead, not John Beaver.
(c) Because Brenda blames Tony.
(d) Because Brenda doesn't seem at all affected.
3. What are the legal ramifications of John Andrew's death?
(a) The court rules negligence on Tony's part for allowing such a young boy to ride the hunt.
(b) The court rules Brenda as negligent.
(c) There are no legal ramifications as it was obviously an accident so no investigation is necessary.
(d) The court rules it an accident.
4. What is wrong with Tony?
(a) He has broken his leg.
(b) He is going blind.
(c) He is despondent.
(d) He has a fever that keeps recurring.
5. Where is Jenny going?
(a) To France.
(b) To Wales.
(c) To Polly Cockpurse's where Brenda is.
(d) To the theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jock tell Tony?
2. What does Tony miss while he is drugged?
3. With whom does Tony stay for a few weeks?
4. What strikes terror into Rosa's people?
5. What propels Tony to start a dialog with Brenda?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tony finally take some of his own personal power back and take charge of his destiny?
2. What seems most important to Tony as he lies possibly dying and alone?
3. What happens after Brenda has written Tony and telling him about John Beaver?
4. How has Tony again entrusted his life to someone for whom that trust is not valid?
5. What do Messigner and Tony decide to do and do you think they make the best choice?
6. What is Tony's position in Brenda's social circle by the end of this chapter?
7. What are the indications that Tony may still be plagued by a "curse" or bad luck?
8. How is the inadequacies of the social circle in which Brenda revolves evident with the death of John Andrew?
9. How has John Beaver fared through the saga of Tony and Brenda's failed marriage?
10. How does Reggie present the situation about Brenda to Tony?
This section contains 1,568 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)