|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Tony at the opening to this chapter?
(a) In Paris.
(b) On a boat to Trinidad.
(c) On a luxury cruise liner in the Mediterranean.
(d) Back at Hetton.
2. What does Rosa say when Tony talks to her about going further on?
(a) Her tribe does not go into Pie-Wie lands.
(b) It will cost many more cigarettes.
(c) Maybe if the rest of their group arrives.
(d) They will but it will be very dangerous.
3. What surprises Tony?
(a) That Jock is avoiding Brenda.
(b) That Brenda keeps her plans to spend the weekend at Veronica's.
(c) That Brenda seems unaffected by John Andrew's death.
(d) That Jock is avoiding Tony.
4. What does Tony slip to the man who visits the camp?
(a) A hundred pound note.
(b) His watch.
(d) A piece of paper with his name on it.
5. How is Tony doing in the wake of Brenda's request to end their marriage?
(a) He is having a hard time.
(b) He believes she will change her mind, so is not thinking about it.
(c) He is relieved it is finally over.
(d) He is very angry and is contemplating killing her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jock appalled at Brenda's response?
2. After the family meeting, where does one of Brenda's brothers go?
3. What young woman does Tony meet?
4. Why does the young woman become unfriendly to Tony?
5. What strikes terror into Rosa's people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Brenda has written Tony and telling him about John Beaver?
2. Why does Tony have to appear to be in the wrong?
3. How has Tony again entrusted his life to someone for whom that trust is not valid?
4. How does Tony finally take some of his own personal power back and take charge of his destiny?
5. How does Reggie present the situation about Brenda to Tony?
6. What is rather ironic about how divorce is treated in this era?
7. How does Brenda use the death of her son to justify her request for a divorce?
8. What is Tony's position in Brenda's social circle by the end of this chapter?
9. What seems to be contrasted in this chapter?
10. What do Messigner and Tony decide to do and do you think they make the best choice?
This section contains 1,545 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)