|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tony and Messinger do?
(a) Travel downstream alone.
(b) Beat each other up in a quarrel.
(c) Give up.
(d) Turn back.
2. What does Messinger decide to do?
(a) Leave Tony on the shore and go for help.
(b) Desert Tony.
(c) Start a large fire to try to find someone.
(d) Give Tony a merciful death.
3. What is wrong with Tony?
(a) He has broken his leg.
(b) He is going blind.
(c) He has a fever that keeps recurring.
(d) He is despondent.
4. What does a Pie Wie tribal member tell Mr. Todd?
(a) That there is a ceremony later that day.
(b) That a search party is looking for Mr. Todd.
(c) That Messinger is lying on the river bank.
(d) That a strange man is wandering through the forest.
5. Why does the young woman become unfriendly to Tony?
(a) She does not become unfriendly.
(b) When he says something that indicates his prejudice.
(c) When he makes a move on her.
(d) When he mentions Brenda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony slip to the man who visits the camp?
2. Why does Jock apologize?
3. To what sound does Tony awaken?
4. What is Brenda trying to get?
5. Who is Tony's new partner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Brenda has written Tony and telling him about John Beaver?
2. Why do you think Tony decides to go away for awhile?
3. How does Brenda take the news of her son's death?
4. How is the inadequacies of the social circle in which Brenda revolves evident with the death of John Andrew?
5. What do Messigner and Tony decide to do and do you think they make the best choice?
6. How long is it before Tony and Messinger are able to talk to the men of the village about what they want?
7. How is it that Tony seems to be the "bad" guy in a number of ways?
8. How does Reggie present the situation about Brenda to Tony?
9. How does Tony manage to survive in the jungle?
10. How has Tony again entrusted his life to someone for whom that trust is not valid?
This section contains 1,430 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)