|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Beaver ask his mother?
(a) If she will buy him tickets to go to South America.
(b) If she has a job for Brenda.
(c) If she can get Brenda to leave him alone.
(d) If Brenda can live with her.
2. Who is Rosa?
(a) A captured Spanish woman who now lives at the Indian village.
(b) An elder in an Indian village.
(c) Dr. Messinger's wife.
(d) A Spanish woman Tony meet on the boat over to the Carribean.
3. What does a Pie Wie tribal member tell Mr. Todd?
(a) That a strange man is wandering through the forest.
(b) That Messinger is lying on the river bank.
(c) That a search party is looking for Mr. Todd.
(d) That there is a ceremony later that day.
4. What does Brenda ask about Tony's trip?
(a) If it is safe.
(b) If it is going to take six months for sure.
(d) If it will be profitable.
5. About what does Mr. Todd become evasive?
(a) Helping Tony leave.
(b) Why he is there.
(c) How Messinger dies.
(d) Who Mr. Todd really is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What annoys Tony the most when Milly arrives?
2. What does Tony do in a weak moment?
3. Who is Tony's new partner?
4. Where does Tony meet his traveling companion?
5. To what sound does Tony awaken?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brenda take the news of her son's death?
2. How has John Beaver fared through the saga of Tony and Brenda's failed marriage?
3. What are the indications that Tony may still be plagued by a "curse" or bad luck?
4. Why does Tony have to appear to be in the wrong?
5. Why do you think Tony decides to go away for awhile?
6. What is rather ironic about how divorce is treated in this era?
7. What do Messigner and Tony decide to do and do you think they make the best choice?
8. What seems to be contrasted in this chapter?
9. How is it that Tony seems to be the "bad" guy in a number of ways?
10. How has Tony again entrusted his life to someone for whom that trust is not valid?
This section contains 1,495 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)