|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what sound does Tony awaken?
(a) To screams from the camp guides.
(b) To native drums.
(c) To the snarl of a leopard.
(d) To Messinger treating a wound from a vampire bat.
2. What does Messinger hope to find now?
(a) A way back to the Macushi.
(b) Medical help for Tony.
(c) The Pie Wie tribe.
(d) The city of gold.
3. What annoys Tony the most when Milly arrives?
(a) She flirts with the detectives.
(b) She lites up a cigarette.
(c) She calls Tony by his wrong name.
(d) She has brought along her daughter.
4. What are the legal ramifications of John Andrew's death?
(a) There are no legal ramifications as it was obviously an accident so no investigation is necessary.
(b) The court rules it an accident.
(c) The court rules negligence on Tony's part for allowing such a young boy to ride the hunt.
(d) The court rules Brenda as negligent.
5. How many trips has Tony made in his life?
(a) 10 or so.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Todd?
2. What propels Tony to start a dialog with Brenda?
3. How is Tony doing in the wake of Brenda's request to end their marriage?
4. How does Jenny interpret John's death?
5. What does Tony slip to the man who visits the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long is it before Tony and Messinger are able to talk to the men of the village about what they want?
2. How is it that Tony seems to be the "bad" guy in a number of ways?
3. How does Tony finally take some of his own personal power back and take charge of his destiny?
4. How does Brenda use the death of her son to justify her request for a divorce?
5. How does Tony manage to survive in the jungle?
6. How has John Beaver fared through the saga of Tony and Brenda's failed marriage?
7. What are the indications that Tony may still be plagued by a "curse" or bad luck?
8. How does Reggie present the situation about Brenda to Tony?
9. Why does Tony have to appear to be in the wrong?
10. What is Tony's position in Brenda's social circle by the end of this chapter?
This section contains 1,425 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)