|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Tony and Messinger awaken?
(a) It is raining heavily.
(b) They find the Macushi have stripped the camp and run.
(c) They hear a shaman chanting.
(d) They are surrounded by Pie Wie.
2. What strikes terror into Rosa's people?
(a) An anaconda that is forty feet long.
(b) Tony's gun.
(c) The battle cries of the Pie Wie all around them.
(d) A mechanical mouse Dr. Messinger shows them.
3. How does Tony feel during his travels upstream in a small boat.
(d) Quite uncomfortable.
4. What does John Beaver ask his mother?
(a) If she has a job for Brenda.
(b) If she can get Brenda to leave him alone.
(c) If Brenda can live with her.
(d) If she will buy him tickets to go to South America.
5. Who is Tony's new partner?
(b) Dr. Mezmerizer.
(c) Dr. Messinger.
(d) Dr. Upland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tony and Messinger do?
2. What are the legal ramifications of John Andrew's death?
3. Where is Jenny going?
4. About what do the detectives warn Tony?
5. What young woman does Tony meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tony have to appear to be in the wrong?
2. What seems to be contrasted in this chapter?
3. What are the indications that Tony may still be plagued by a "curse" or bad luck?
4. How does Brenda use the death of her son to justify her request for a divorce?
5. What is the symbolic significance of the first book that Tony reads?
6. What do Messigner and Tony decide to do and do you think they make the best choice?
7. How is it that Tony seems to be the "bad" guy in a number of ways?
8. What seems most important to Tony as he lies possibly dying and alone?
9. What is rather ironic about how divorce is treated in this era?
10. How does Brenda take the news of her son's death?
This section contains 1,378 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)