|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rumor is Brenda spreading about Tony?
(a) That he is an an alcoholic and had an affair with Jenny Abdul Akbar.
(b) That he had a live-in mistress.
(c) That he beat her.
(d) That he beat up John Beaver.
2. After the family meeting, where does one of Brenda's brothers go?
(a) To talk to the judge.
(b) To see Tony.
(c) Back to his own city.
(d) To talk to his uncle.
3. Who calls a family meeting of Brenda's family?
(a) No one.
(d) Brenda's mother.
4. How does Tony feel during his travels upstream in a small boat.
(b) Quite uncomfortable.
5. What does Tony slip to the man who visits the camp?
(b) A hundred pound note.
(c) His watch.
(d) A piece of paper with his name on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosa say when Tony talks to her about going further on?
2. Who arrives first at the meeting point for Tony and Milly?
3. What does Tony do in a weak moment?
4. What young woman does Tony meet?
5. Who does Tony engage to start the divorce proceedings?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Reggie present the situation about Brenda to Tony?
2. How does Brenda take the news of her son's death?
3. How does Brenda use the death of her son to justify her request for a divorce?
4. What do Messigner and Tony decide to do and do you think they make the best choice?
5. How has Tony again entrusted his life to someone for whom that trust is not valid?
6. Why does Tony have to appear to be in the wrong?
7. How does Tony finally take some of his own personal power back and take charge of his destiny?
8. Why do you think Tony decides to go away for awhile?
9. How is the inadequacies of the social circle in which Brenda revolves evident with the death of John Andrew?
10. What is Tony's position in Brenda's social circle by the end of this chapter?
This section contains 1,456 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)