|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tony feel during his travels upstream in a small boat.
(b) Quite uncomfortable.
2. What does Brenda ask about Tony's trip?
(a) If it is going to take six months for sure.
(c) If it will be profitable.
(d) If it is safe.
3. What does Messinger hope to find now?
(a) The Pie Wie tribe.
(b) A way back to the Macushi.
(c) Medical help for Tony.
(d) The city of gold.
4. What surprises Tony?
(a) That Brenda keeps her plans to spend the weekend at Veronica's.
(b) That Jock is avoiding Tony.
(c) That Brenda seems unaffected by John Andrew's death.
(d) That Jock is avoiding Brenda.
5. About what do the detectives warn Tony?
(a) To make sure he is careful with his wallet.
(b) That if Brenda sees him, she will have an even better chance of getting a great deal of money.
(c) About Milly's bad temper.
(d) About the child spoiling the appearance of infidelity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strikes terror into Rosa's people?
2. What does Rosa say when Tony talks to her about going further on?
3. What propels Tony to start a dialog with Brenda?
4. To what sound does Tony awaken?
5. What do Tony and Messinger do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is rather ironic about how divorce is treated in this era?
2. What seems most important to Tony as he lies possibly dying and alone?
3. How does Tony finally take some of his own personal power back and take charge of his destiny?
4. How has Tony again entrusted his life to someone for whom that trust is not valid?
5. How is it that Tony seems to be the "bad" guy in a number of ways?
6. What seems to be contrasted in this chapter?
7. What happens after Brenda has written Tony and telling him about John Beaver?
8. Why do you think Tony decides to go away for awhile?
9. What are the indications that Tony may still be plagued by a "curse" or bad luck?
10. What is Tony's position in Brenda's social circle by the end of this chapter?
This section contains 1,393 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)