|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tony and Messinger do?
(a) Travel downstream alone.
(b) Beat each other up in a quarrel.
(c) Give up.
(d) Turn back.
2. What is hard for Tony?
(a) Finding a topic for conversation with Milly.
(b) Seeing the way Winnie is abused.
(c) Not actually having sex with Milly, who is quite attractive.
(d) Knowing that Brenda is being unfaithful, only willingly.
3. How much is Brenda now requesting as a settlement?
(a) 1000 a year.
(b) 10,000 a year.
(c) 2000 a year.
(d) 300 a year.
4. How is Tony?
(a) He is better and starting the hike back.
(b) The Pie Wie tribe is caring for him.
(c) He is still weak, but is looking for Messinger.
(d) He is hallucinating.
5. Where is Tony and Messinger's second base camp?
(a) Deep into Pie-Wie territory.
(b) At the border of the Pie-Wie country.
(c) Near a huge waterfall.
(d) Near the mouth of the Wausau River.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Tony and Messinger awaken?
2. Why does Jock apologize?
3. What does Mrs. Beaver encourage John to do?
4. What are the legal ramifications of John Andrew's death?
5. How does Tony's weekend farce turn out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolic significance of the first book that Tony reads?
2. What happens after Brenda has written Tony and telling him about John Beaver?
3. What is Tony's position in Brenda's social circle by the end of this chapter?
4. How does Tony finally take some of his own personal power back and take charge of his destiny?
5. How does Tony manage to survive in the jungle?
6. How is it that Tony seems to be the "bad" guy in a number of ways?
7. How has Tony again entrusted his life to someone for whom that trust is not valid?
8. Why do you think Tony decides to go away for awhile?
9. How is the inadequacies of the social circle in which Brenda revolves evident with the death of John Andrew?
10. What seems most important to Tony as he lies possibly dying and alone?
This section contains 1,226 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)