|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Beaver no longer have a luxurious lifestyle?
(a) She has an affair and her husband divorces her.
(b) Her husband dies.
(c) She decides to give it up to help the poor.
(d) She is too much of a spendthrift.
2. Why is Tony disappointed about a note he receives?
(a) James says he cannot make it to Hetton that weekend.
(b) John Beaver says he cannot make it to Hetton that weekend.
(c) Jock says he cannot make it to Hetton that weekend.
(d) The cook says she cannot be ready for the formal luncheon without more staff.
3. In what style was the Abbey rebuilt?
4. Why does John initially decline Brenda's request that he escort her to a party?
(a) It will be expensive.
(b) He is not invited.
(c) He is not of their social standing.
(d) It will be boring.
5. Who is Allan?
(a) Brenda's brother.
(b) Marjorie's husband.
(c) Marjorie's son.
(d) Brenda's stepfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is anxiously awaiting Brenda's arrival back at Hetton?
2. What does Tony decide to do?
3. What does Brenda wonder about her visit with Mrs. Beaver?
4. How does Brenda fool John Beaver?
5. Where is John planning to spend the weekend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jock's date for the hunt weekend.
2. Give a brief description of the Last family members.
3. How does John Andrew's behavior demonstrate that he is indeed being affected by the disruption of the household?
4. What can you infer about the Beaver household from the information in Chapter 1?
5. Describe John Andrew's death.
6. Briefly discuss the setting of Hetton Abbey.
7. What does Tony find annoying and why do you think he put himself in the situation?
8. What occurs in this chapter to demonstrate how far Brenda has sunken into self deceit?
9. What do you think about Jock's behavior towards his friend, Tony?
10. How is the last part of this chapter a transitional chapter for Brenda and Tony's relationship?
This section contains 1,260 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)