|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John initially decline Brenda's request that he escort her to a party?
(a) He is not invited.
(b) He is not of their social standing.
(c) It will be boring.
(d) It will be expensive.
2. When does Tony expect Brenda to be back at Hetton?
(b) Not for several weeks.
(d) On Friday.
3. Why does Brenda wish Tony wanted to go to the party?
(a) She does not want to go alone.
(b) She wants to show off her handsome husband.
(c) She wants to become more involved with Charity groups and wants Tony to make some contacts among the upper class men.
(d) She does not want to go and wishes Tony would go and represent their family.
4. Where does John encounter Tony?
(a) At Hetton Abbey.
(b) At Marjorie's home.
(c) At the Brat's Club.
(d) At the London opera.
5. What event is Brenda going to miss at Hetton?
(a) The annual charity ball.
(b) The annual polo tournament.
(c) The annual hunt.
(d) John Andrew's birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Brenda use to miss the annual event?
2. How do others feel about John at the party?
3. In spite of what is John at home when Brenda comes to meet with his mother?
4. What does Tony tell his kitchen staff?
5. Who does Tony invite to the hunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think about Jock's behavior towards his friend, Tony?
2. Is it likely that John Beaver at this point is not really interested in pursuing something with Brenda Last?
3. How does it seem that Brenda has absolutely no concern for Tony nor for her own reputation?
4. How is it obvious that though Brenda thinks she is in control of the relationship between her and Beaver, he actually probably has more control over it?
5. What does Brenda propose to Tony and why do you think he agrees?
6. How is John Beaver's social standing improving through his affair with Brenda?
7. What two messages does Tony receive that are disappointing to Tony?
8. How does it seem Mrs. Beaver is manipulating something between Brenda and John Beaver?
9. How is the last part of this chapter a transitional chapter for Brenda and Tony's relationship?
10. Describe Jock's date for the hunt weekend.
This section contains 1,298 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)