|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brenda fool John Beaver?
(a) That she is not married.
(b) That she is wealthy.
(c) That she is infatuated with him.
(d) Into thinking he is in charge of the situation between him and Brenda.
2. Why is John annoyed with Brenda?
(a) She won't allow him to kiss her.
(b) She makes a joke about him in front of others.
(c) He is not annoyed, but rather infatuated.
(d) She leaves him alone to fend for himself at Polly's party.
3. Where is Brenda meeting Marjorie later?
(a) At the opera.
(b) At the theater.
(c) At Marjorie's home.
(d) At Polly's party.
4. In spite of what is John at home when Brenda comes to meet with his mother?
(a) A tournament at the Brat's Club.
(b) A chess tournament at the Fieldings Club.
(c) Two invitations.
(d) A polo match.
5. What happens to cause Thunderclap to bolt?
(a) A horsefly gets under the saddle.
(b) A snake bites it.
(c) A dog barks at it.
(d) Miss Tendril's niece puts her bike in neutral and the bike backfires.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Hetton Abbey?
2. What does Brenda find unbearable?
3. Who has come to the station to meet Tony?
4. Who comes with Brenda to Hetton?
5. Who has tea with Brenda and Polly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brenda do the rest of the weekend at Hetton and why do you think she does those things?
2. What demonstrates that Tony is trying to regain emotional intimacy with Brenda?
3. How does it seem Mrs. Beaver is manipulating something between Brenda and John Beaver?
4. Why do you think Tony is unconcerned with Brenda spending time in London with her old social circle?
5. Describe John Andrew's death.
6. Give a brief description of the Last family members.
7. What are several things revealed about Jenny Abdul Akbar?
8. What are a couple of the reactions to Brenda seeing John Beaver?
9. What occurs in this chapter to demonstrate how far Brenda has sunken into self deceit?
10. How does it seem the women and men of the upper social class are portrayed in this chapter?
This section contains 1,181 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)