|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brenda reply to Tony when he asks if he is invited?
(a) That she has already declined for him.
(b) That he was not invited.
(c) That she would love him to come to London.
2. How do others feel about John at the party?
(a) They despise him.
(b) They are indifferent.
(c) They think he's quite witty and charming.
(d) They do not particularly like him.
3. Of what does Brenda convince Tony?
(a) The idea of remodeling her bedroom.
(b) That John Andrew should go to boarding school.
(c) The idea of renting a flat in London.
(d) The idea of her and their son
4. Who joins Tony and Jock at the club?
(a) Milly and Babs.
(b) Marjorie and Brenda.
(c) Missy and Barbara.
(d) John and Oliver.
5. Where is Hetton Abbey?
(a) In London.
(b) Near Westminister.
(c) In Sussex.
(d) On the Last Family grounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John Andrew doing?
2. When was Hetton Abbey rebuilt?
3. Who is Allan?
4. Who comes to a small get together that Brenda arranges?
5. Who is John Andrew?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sort of "struggle" seems to be going on between Brenda and John Beaver?
2. What does Brenda propose to Tony and why do you think he agrees?
3. How is John Beaver's social standing improving through his affair with Brenda?
4. Give a brief description of the Last family members.
5. What does Tony find annoying and why do you think he put himself in the situation?
6. What are several things revealed about Jenny Abdul Akbar?
7. How does it seem the women and men of the upper social class are portrayed in this chapter?
8. Do you think that a class is a good enough reason to miss the beginning of an annual, traditional event at Hetton as Brenda does?
9. Briefly discuss the setting of Hetton Abbey.
10. How is the last part of this chapter a transitional chapter for Brenda and Tony's relationship?
This section contains 1,196 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)