|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Christmas holidays go at Hetton?
(a) They are the usual traditions.
(b) Tony and Brenda refind their love during the season.
(c) Tony and Brenda fight and decide to split.
(d) The Last family traditionally do not celebrate the Christmas holidays.
2. How does Marjorie feel about John Beaver?
(a) She dislikes him.
(b) She's never met him.
(c) She thinks he's wonderful.
(d) She mistrusts him.
3. Why is John disappointed with the phone call?
(a) He is not invited to a luncheon he was hoping to go to.
(b) He is told he should find other friends.
(c) He was hoping to meet Lady Morganthau's daughter.
(d) He is not invited to the opera as he was expecting.
4. Where does Brenda stay during the weekdays?
(a) Mostly at Hetton, but one day of the week in London.
(b) Split between London and Hetton.
(c) In London.
(d) At Hetton.
5. What happens to cause Thunderclap to bolt?
(a) A snake bites it.
(b) A horsefly gets under the saddle.
(c) A dog barks at it.
(d) Miss Tendril's niece puts her bike in neutral and the bike backfires.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to a small get together that Brenda arranges?
2. What is nice about the Brat's Club for men like John?
3. What excuse does Brenda use to miss the annual event?
4. Who does Brenda visit in London?
5. Who is Mrs. Rattery?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is it obvious that though Brenda thinks she is in control of the relationship between her and Beaver, he actually probably has more control over it?
2. How does Tony demonstrate his willingness to accommodate Brenda's friends and what is their attitude towards Tony?
3. What are several things revealed about Jenny Abdul Akbar?
4. Why do you think Tony is unconcerned with Brenda spending time in London with her old social circle?
5. How are the rooms of Hetton symbolic?
6. What do you think of John Beaver's attempts to remain connected to the upper class by angling for invitations to various events.
7. Give a brief description of the Last family members.
8. Why is Beaver annoyed at Polly's party, but why does he put up with his annoyance?
9. How does John Andrew's behavior demonstrate that he is indeed being affected by the disruption of the household?
10. Describe John Andrew's death.
This section contains 1,370 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)