|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John learn when he returns home from the club?
(a) His wife is divorcing him.
(b) His mother is leaving to give a show in the States.
(c) His son is very ill.
(d) His has been invited to the luncheon.
2. What annoys Tony about the three women who join Brenda at the estate?
(a) They giggle all the time.
(b) They treat John Andrew like a baby.
(c) They criticize parts of the decor and architecture of the estate.
(d) They drink wine with breakfast.
3. To whom is Jenny once married?
(a) The Prince of Ethiopia.
(b) The Prince of Morocco.
(c) The Sultan of India.
(d) The Sultan of Constantinople.
4. Who has tea with Brenda and Polly?
(d) John Andrew.
5. Why is Jock uncomfortable with Tony at first?
(a) Because Jock flirts too much with Brenda.
(b) Because Jock is jealous of John.
(c) Because Jock and Tony grew up together and have always been a little uncomfortable with each other.
(d) Because of John's affair with Brenda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is anxiously awaiting Brenda's arrival back at Hetton?
2. How do the Christmas holidays go at Hetton?
3. How often is Brenda communicating with Tony?
4. Who will be visiting with Brenda?
5. How long before Brenda returns to Hetton again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two messages does Tony receive that are disappointing to Tony?
2. Describe Jock's date for the hunt weekend.
3. What are the indications that Tony may still be plagued by a "curse" or bad luck?
4. How does Tony finally take some of his own personal power back and take charge of his destiny?
5. Briefly discuss the setting of Hetton Abbey.
6. How does Reggie present the situation about Brenda to Tony?
7. What seems most important to Tony as he lies possibly dying and alone?
8. How does it seem Mrs. Beaver is manipulating something between Brenda and John Beaver?
9. How is John Beaver's social standing improving through his affair with Brenda?
10. How would you characterize John Beaver's idea of a relationship with a woman (including Brenda)?
This section contains 1,220 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)