Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does John encounter Tony?
(a) At the London opera.
(b) At Hetton Abbey.
(c) At Marjorie's home.
(d) At the Brat's Club.
2. What does Marjorie solicit of Jock?
(a) The promise of an escort to an upcoming ball.
(b) His opinion about her new beau.
(c) A loan.
(d) His opinion about Brenda's affair with John.
3. Why is Jock uncomfortable with Tony at first?
(a) Because Jock is jealous of John.
(b) Because Jock flirts too much with Brenda.
(c) Because of John's affair with Brenda.
(d) Because Jock and Tony grew up together and have always been a little uncomfortable with each other.
4. Who believes the Abbey exhibits poor taste?
(a) No one.
(b) The Abbey curator.
(c) The Duke of Yorkton.
(d) Most of the Last family members.
5. Who does Tony invite to the hunt?
(c) Marjorie's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often is Brenda communicating with Tony?
2. Why does Tony get up earlier than usual the next morning?
3. Why does Brenda wish Tony wanted to go to the party?
4. Where is Brenda staying?
5. When does Tony expect Brenda to be back at Hetton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Tony decides to go away for awhile?
2. Do you think that a class is a good enough reason to miss the beginning of an annual, traditional event at Hetton as Brenda does?
3. What does Brenda do the rest of the weekend at Hetton and why do you think she does those things?
4. What do you think is a theme that is introduced in this first chapter?
5. Describe Jock's date for the hunt weekend.
6. What do you think about Jock's behavior towards his friend, Tony?
7. How is the inadequacies of the social circle in which Brenda revolves evident with the death of John Andrew?
8. What demonstrates how very widespread the knowledge about Brenda's affair is and how much it is a topic of conversation?
9. How does Tony manage to survive in the jungle?
10. What occurs in this chapter to demonstrate how far Brenda has sunken into self deceit?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)