|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tony decide to do?
(a) Get to know Mrs. Rafferty better.
(b) Ask Jock about Brenda and John.
(c) Write Brenda a letter.
(d) Not allow John Andrew to do the hunt this year.
2. Who does Brenda visit in London?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister-in-law.
(d) Her doctor.
3. Where is Angela's home that Tony and Brenda visit?
4. What event is Brenda going to miss at Hetton?
(a) The annual hunt.
(b) John Andrew's birthday.
(c) The annual charity ball.
(d) The annual polo tournament.
5. What is Jenny's response to the house?
(a) She thinks it needs total revamping.
(b) She has no particular opinion.
(c) She loves it.
(d) She abhors it.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Hetton Abbey rebuilt?
2. Who is Allan?
3. Why does John Andrew refuse Tony's invitation?
4. What happens to John Andew?
5. Who entertains John while Tony is out of the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sort of "struggle" seems to be going on between Brenda and John Beaver?
2. How is the ending, though tragic for some of the characters, is redeeming at the same time?
3. How does Brenda use the death of her son to justify her request for a divorce?
4. Describe Jock's date for the hunt weekend.
5. What occurs in this chapter to demonstrate how far Brenda has sunken into self deceit?
6. What do Messigner and Tony decide to do and do you think they make the best choice?
7. Why do you think Tony is unconcerned with Brenda spending time in London with her old social circle?
8. What seems to be contrasted in this chapter?
9. How is John Beaver's social standing improving through his affair with Brenda?
10. How does Reggie present the situation about Brenda to Tony?
This section contains 1,216 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)