|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Tony expect Brenda to be back at Hetton?
(c) On Friday.
(d) Not for several weeks.
2. Where is Angela's home that Tony and Brenda visit?
3. What is Mrs. Beaver's response to John deciding not to see Brenda anymore?
(a) She has no opinion about the matter.
(b) She is angry because he is only thinking of himself.
(c) She encourages him to think otherwise.
(d) She is happy because Brenda is married.
4. Where is Brenda staying?
(a) In a motel in London.
(b) At her parents' home.
(c) At her sister's home.
(d) At Marjorie's home.
5. Who comes with Brenda to Hetton?
(a) Polly and Jock.
(b) Mrs. Beaver and John.
(c) John and Polly.
(d) Polly, Veronica and Mrs. Beaver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of hints does Brenda make to Marjorie?
2. How does Marjorie feel about John Beaver?
3. Who is Mrs. Rattery?
4. Why does Brenda meet with Mrs. Beaver?
5. What does Mrs. Beaver do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think that a class is a good enough reason to miss the beginning of an annual, traditional event at Hetton as Brenda does?
2. What demonstrates how very widespread the knowledge about Brenda's affair is and how much it is a topic of conversation?
3. Why do you think Tony is unconcerned with Brenda spending time in London with her old social circle?
4. How does it seem Mrs. Beaver is manipulating something between Brenda and John Beaver?
5. Describe Jock's date for the hunt weekend.
6. How is it obvious that though Brenda thinks she is in control of the relationship between her and Beaver, he actually probably has more control over it?
7. How would you characterize John Beaver's idea of a relationship with a woman (including Brenda)?
8. Is it likely that John Beaver at this point is not really interested in pursuing something with Brenda Last?
9. What is likely foreshadowed at the beginning of this chapter?
10. What do you think about Jock's behavior towards his friend, Tony?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)