|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Beaver ask his mother?
(a) If she has a job for Brenda.
(b) If she will buy him tickets to go to South America.
(c) If she can get Brenda to leave him alone.
(d) If Brenda can live with her.
2. About what do the detectives warn Tony?
(a) About the child spoiling the appearance of infidelity.
(b) About Milly's bad temper.
(c) To make sure he is careful with his wallet.
(d) That if Brenda sees him, she will have an even better chance of getting a great deal of money.
3. How many trips has Tony made in his life?
(d) 10 or so.
4. How is Tony doing in the wake of Brenda's request to end their marriage?
(a) He is relieved it is finally over.
(b) He believes she will change her mind, so is not thinking about it.
(c) He is having a hard time.
(d) He is very angry and is contemplating killing her.
5. Who nurses Tony back to health?
(a) No one; he recovers on his own.
(b) The Pie Wie tribe.
(c) Mr. Todd.
(d) Dr. Messinger.
6. What do Tony and Messinger do?
(a) Beat each other up in a quarrel.
(b) Give up.
(c) Turn back.
(d) Travel downstream alone.
7. Where is Jenny going?
(a) To France.
(b) To the theater.
(c) To Polly Cockpurse's where Brenda is.
(d) To Wales.
8. Of whom does Tony not see much before she leaves?
(b) Mrs. Rattery.
(c) His sister.
9. What does Jock tell Tony?
(a) He cannot find Brenda.
(b) That Tony should divorce Brenda.
(c) He and Brenda are about to board the train.
(d) He will not be back to Hetton.
10. What does Tony do in a weak moment?
(a) Calls Brenda and tries to effect a reconciliation.
(b) Goes and beats up John Beaver.
(c) Starts a nasty rumor about Brenda.
(d) Almost kills himself.
11. How does Tony's weekend farce turn out?
(a) Not quite as successful as they had hoped, so he has to do it again.
(b) Tony gets interested in Milly and actually hopes to date her.
(d) A total failure.
12. Where is Milly going to meet Tony?
(a) In Paris.
(b) In Amsterdam.
(c) At a place called Victoria.
(d) In New York.
13. How does Tony feel during his travels upstream in a small boat.
(a) Quite uncomfortable.
14. Who is Mr. Todd?
(a) A man who has lived in the city called Amazonas for sixty years.
(b) A frog that John Andew used to have.
(c) The lawyer for Tony's estate.
(d) A man Tony hallucinates into being.
15. Who is Rosa?
(a) Dr. Messinger's wife.
(b) A captured Spanish woman who now lives at the Indian village.
(c) An elder in an Indian village.
(d) A Spanish woman Tony meet on the boat over to the Carribean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tony engage to start the divorce proceedings?
2. What does Tony slip to the man who visits the camp?
3. What young woman does Tony meet?
4. What propels Tony to start a dialog with Brenda?
5. What does Messinger decide to do?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)