|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Milly going to meet Tony?
(a) At a place called Victoria.
(b) In Amsterdam.
(c) In New York.
(d) In Paris.
2. How is Tony doing in the wake of Brenda's request to end their marriage?
(a) He believes she will change her mind, so is not thinking about it.
(b) He is very angry and is contemplating killing her.
(c) He is relieved it is finally over.
(d) He is having a hard time.
3. Why does the young woman become unfriendly to Tony?
(a) When he mentions Brenda.
(b) She does not become unfriendly.
(c) When he makes a move on her.
(d) When he says something that indicates his prejudice.
4. Who is Rosa?
(a) A Spanish woman Tony meet on the boat over to the Carribean.
(b) An elder in an Indian village.
(c) A captured Spanish woman who now lives at the Indian village.
(d) Dr. Messinger's wife.
5. What does Mrs. Beaver encourage John to do?
(a) Be more supportive of Brenda.
(b) Find a new lover.
(c) Take a vacation.
(d) Get away from Brenda.
6. What happens when Tony and Messinger awaken?
(a) It is raining heavily.
(b) They find the Macushi have stripped the camp and run.
(c) They are surrounded by Pie Wie.
(d) They hear a shaman chanting.
7. What annoys Tony the most when Milly arrives?
(a) She has brought along her daughter.
(b) She lites up a cigarette.
(c) She flirts with the detectives.
(d) She calls Tony by his wrong name.
8. What is hard for Tony?
(a) Finding a topic for conversation with Milly.
(b) Not actually having sex with Milly, who is quite attractive.
(c) Knowing that Brenda is being unfaithful, only willingly.
(d) Seeing the way Winnie is abused.
9. Who is Mr. Todd?
(a) A frog that John Andew used to have.
(b) A man Tony hallucinates into being.
(c) A man who has lived in the city called Amazonas for sixty years.
(d) The lawyer for Tony's estate.
10. What is wrong with Tony?
(a) He is going blind.
(b) He has a fever that keeps recurring.
(c) He is despondent.
(d) He has broken his leg.
11. Where are Tony and Milly going?
(a) To the seashore in Brighton.
(b) To a seedy motel in Essex.
(c) To Paris.
(d) To the Riviera.
12. What young woman does Tony meet?
(a) Tracy de Compe.
(b) Thomasina de Victory.
(c) Suzanne Vinne.
(d) Therese de Vitre.
13. Who does Tony engage to start the divorce proceedings?
(a) His brother-in-law.
(b) His family's loyal retainer.
(c) No one; he's going to take care of it himself.
(d) Some seedy lawyers.
14. What does Tony do in a weak moment?
(a) Starts a nasty rumor about Brenda.
(b) Calls Brenda and tries to effect a reconciliation.
(c) Almost kills himself.
(d) Goes and beats up John Beaver.
15. What does Jock tell Tony?
(a) He will not be back to Hetton.
(b) He and Brenda are about to board the train.
(c) He cannot find Brenda.
(d) That Tony should divorce Brenda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tony's new partner?
2. Where is Tony and Messinger's second base camp?
3. After the family meeting, where does one of Brenda's brothers go?
4. Who nurses Tony back to health?
5. About what does Mr. Todd become evasive?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)