|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tony slip to the man who visits the camp?
(a) A hundred pound note.
(b) His watch.
(d) A piece of paper with his name on it.
2. Who does Jock find at Jenny's flat?
(a) John Beaver.
(b) No one.
(d) Princess Jenny Abdul Akbar.
3. Why does Jock apologize?
(a) For introducing Brenda and John initially.
(b) For knowing about Brenda and John and not saying anything to Tony.
(c) For leaving Mrs. Rafferty at Hetton for a few days.
(d) For not helping John Andrew control his horse.
4. What does Tony miss while he is drugged?
(a) A letter from Brenda.
(b) The marriage of Mr. Todd and a village woman.
(c) The arrival and departure of a search party.
5. Who does Tony engage to start the divorce proceedings?
(a) His family's loyal retainer.
(b) His brother-in-law.
(c) No one; he's going to take care of it himself.
(d) Some seedy lawyers.
6. Who arrives first at the meeting point for Tony and Milly?
(a) Two detectives.
7. What is hard for Tony?
(a) Seeing the way Winnie is abused.
(b) Finding a topic for conversation with Milly.
(c) Not actually having sex with Milly, who is quite attractive.
(d) Knowing that Brenda is being unfaithful, only willingly.
8. How does Tony's weekend farce turn out?
(b) Tony gets interested in Milly and actually hopes to date her.
(c) A total failure.
(d) Not quite as successful as they had hoped, so he has to do it again.
9. Where are Tony and Milly going?
(a) To a seedy motel in Essex.
(b) To the seashore in Brighton.
(c) To Paris.
(d) To the Riviera.
10. Who is Rosa?
(a) Dr. Messinger's wife.
(b) An elder in an Indian village.
(c) A captured Spanish woman who now lives at the Indian village.
(d) A Spanish woman Tony meet on the boat over to the Carribean.
11. What annoys Tony the most when Milly arrives?
(a) She flirts with the detectives.
(b) She has brought along her daughter.
(c) She calls Tony by his wrong name.
(d) She lites up a cigarette.
12. What would Brenda's increased demands mean?
(a) Tony would have to give up his estate at Hetton.
(b) Brenda could pay for a annulment instead of divorce.
(c) Tony would have to go back to working as a lawyer.
(d) Brenda could support her mother.
13. How is Tony?
(a) The Pie Wie tribe is caring for him.
(b) He is still weak, but is looking for Messinger.
(c) He is hallucinating.
(d) He is better and starting the hike back.
14. What does Messinger hope to find now?
(a) A way back to the Macushi.
(b) Medical help for Tony.
(c) The Pie Wie tribe.
(d) The city of gold.
15. Where does Tony meet his traveling companion?
(a) The London Museum.
(b) At a party at Jock's home.
(c) The theater.
(d) The Greville Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Tony?
2. What is Brenda trying to get?
3. What does Brenda ask about Tony's trip?
4. Who is Tony's new partner?
5. Why does Tony have to prove his infidelity?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)