|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Tony?
(a) He has a fever that keeps recurring.
(b) He has broken his leg.
(c) He is going blind.
(d) He is despondent.
2. How does Mrs. Rattery try to distract Tony while waiting for Jock and Brenda?
(a) By asking for a tour of the home.
(b) By drinking with him.
(c) With a card game.
(d) By asking him about John Andew.
3. What young woman does Tony meet?
(a) Thomasina de Victory.
(b) Tracy de Compe.
(c) Suzanne Vinne.
(d) Therese de Vitre.
4. Why is Jock appalled at Brenda's response?
(a) Because Brenda doesn't seem at all affected.
(b) Because Brenda says that it serves Tony right.
(c) Because Brenda seems relieved that it is her son John Andrew who is dead, not John Beaver.
(d) Because Brenda blames Tony.
5. How does Tony feel during his travels upstream in a small boat.
(d) Quite uncomfortable.
6. What annoys Tony the most when Milly arrives?
(a) She lites up a cigarette.
(b) She has brought along her daughter.
(c) She flirts with the detectives.
(d) She calls Tony by his wrong name.
7. Who calls a family meeting of Brenda's family?
(c) Brenda's mother.
(d) No one.
8. What does Messinger decide to do?
(a) Desert Tony.
(b) Start a large fire to try to find someone.
(c) Leave Tony on the shore and go for help.
(d) Give Tony a merciful death.
9. What does Tony do in a weak moment?
(a) Goes and beats up John Beaver.
(b) Calls Brenda and tries to effect a reconciliation.
(c) Almost kills himself.
(d) Starts a nasty rumor about Brenda.
10. With whom does Tony stay for a few weeks?
(a) No one.
(b) His sister.
11. Who does Tony engage to start the divorce proceedings?
(a) No one; he's going to take care of it himself.
(b) Some seedy lawyers.
(c) His family's loyal retainer.
(d) His brother-in-law.
12. What strikes terror into Rosa's people?
(a) A mechanical mouse Dr. Messinger shows them.
(b) Tony's gun.
(c) An anaconda that is forty feet long.
(d) The battle cries of the Pie Wie all around them.
13. Where are Tony and Milly going?
(a) To a seedy motel in Essex.
(b) To Paris.
(c) To the seashore in Brighton.
(d) To the Riviera.
14. What do Tony and Messinger do?
(a) Turn back.
(b) Give up.
(c) Travel downstream alone.
(d) Beat each other up in a quarrel.
15. What happens when Tony and Messinger awaken?
(a) They hear a shaman chanting.
(b) It is raining heavily.
(c) They are surrounded by Pie Wie.
(d) They find the Macushi have stripped the camp and run.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many trips has Tony made in his life?
2. What letter does Tony receive from Brenda on Monday?
3. What does Mrs. Beaver encourage John to do?
4. What does Brenda ask about Tony's trip?
5. How does Tony's weekend farce turn out?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)