|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tony do in a weak moment?
(a) Goes and beats up John Beaver.
(b) Almost kills himself.
(c) Calls Brenda and tries to effect a reconciliation.
(d) Starts a nasty rumor about Brenda.
2. Who is Rosa?
(a) Dr. Messinger's wife.
(b) A captured Spanish woman who now lives at the Indian village.
(c) An elder in an Indian village.
(d) A Spanish woman Tony meet on the boat over to the Carribean.
3. Where is Tony and Messinger's second base camp?
(a) Near a huge waterfall.
(b) Near the mouth of the Wausau River.
(c) Deep into Pie-Wie territory.
(d) At the border of the Pie-Wie country.
4. What would Brenda's increased demands mean?
(a) Tony would have to give up his estate at Hetton.
(b) Brenda could pay for a annulment instead of divorce.
(c) Tony would have to go back to working as a lawyer.
(d) Brenda could support her mother.
5. Why does Jock apologize?
(a) For introducing Brenda and John initially.
(b) For knowing about Brenda and John and not saying anything to Tony.
(c) For not helping John Andrew control his horse.
(d) For leaving Mrs. Rafferty at Hetton for a few days.
6. Where are Tony and Milly going?
(a) To Paris.
(b) To the seashore in Brighton.
(c) To a seedy motel in Essex.
(d) To the Riviera.
7. What does Messinger decide to do?
(a) Give Tony a merciful death.
(b) Start a large fire to try to find someone.
(c) Desert Tony.
(d) Leave Tony on the shore and go for help.
8. What does Rosa say when Tony talks to her about going further on?
(a) They will but it will be very dangerous.
(b) Her tribe does not go into Pie-Wie lands.
(c) Maybe if the rest of their group arrives.
(d) It will cost many more cigarettes.
9. How many trips has Tony made in his life?
(d) 10 or so.
10. Where is Jenny going?
(a) To France.
(b) To the theater.
(c) To Polly Cockpurse's where Brenda is.
(d) To Wales.
11. About what do the detectives warn Tony?
(a) To make sure he is careful with his wallet.
(b) That if Brenda sees him, she will have an even better chance of getting a great deal of money.
(c) About the child spoiling the appearance of infidelity.
(d) About Milly's bad temper.
12. What does Mrs. Beaver encourage John to do?
(a) Get away from Brenda.
(b) Find a new lover.
(c) Be more supportive of Brenda.
(d) Take a vacation.
13. What propels Tony to start a dialog with Brenda?
(a) A letter from John Beaver.
(b) Nothing in particular.
(c) His grief about John Andrew.
(d) A letter from Jock.
14. What does Tony miss while he is drugged?
(a) A letter from Brenda.
(b) The arrival and departure of a search party.
(c) The marriage of Mr. Todd and a village woman.
15. What strikes terror into Rosa's people?
(a) A mechanical mouse Dr. Messinger shows them.
(b) The battle cries of the Pie Wie all around them.
(c) Tony's gun.
(d) An anaconda that is forty feet long.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Mr. Todd become evasive?
2. What are the legal ramifications of John Andrew's death?
3. Who does Jock find at Jenny's flat?
4. Why is Jock appalled at Brenda's response?
5. Where is Tony at the opening to this chapter?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)