|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tony and Messinger do?
(a) Travel downstream alone.
(b) Beat each other up in a quarrel.
(c) Turn back.
(d) Give up.
2. Who is Rosa?
(a) Dr. Messinger's wife.
(b) A captured Spanish woman who now lives at the Indian village.
(c) A Spanish woman Tony meet on the boat over to the Carribean.
(d) An elder in an Indian village.
3. Why is Jock appalled at Brenda's response?
(a) Because Brenda blames Tony.
(b) Because Brenda seems relieved that it is her son John Andrew who is dead, not John Beaver.
(c) Because Brenda doesn't seem at all affected.
(d) Because Brenda says that it serves Tony right.
4. How is Tony?
(a) He is hallucinating.
(b) He is better and starting the hike back.
(c) He is still weak, but is looking for Messinger.
(d) The Pie Wie tribe is caring for him.
5. What does Rosa say when Tony talks to her about going further on?
(a) They will but it will be very dangerous.
(b) Maybe if the rest of their group arrives.
(c) Her tribe does not go into Pie-Wie lands.
(d) It will cost many more cigarettes.
6. What does Tony slip to the man who visits the camp?
(a) A piece of paper with his name on it.
(b) His watch.
(c) A hundred pound note.
7. What young woman does Tony meet?
(a) Suzanne Vinne.
(b) Therese de Vitre.
(c) Tracy de Compe.
(d) Thomasina de Victory.
8. What does a Pie Wie tribal member tell Mr. Todd?
(a) That Messinger is lying on the river bank.
(b) That there is a ceremony later that day.
(c) That a strange man is wandering through the forest.
(d) That a search party is looking for Mr. Todd.
9. Why does Jock apologize?
(a) For knowing about Brenda and John and not saying anything to Tony.
(b) For leaving Mrs. Rafferty at Hetton for a few days.
(c) For introducing Brenda and John initially.
(d) For not helping John Andrew control his horse.
10. About what does Mr. Todd become evasive?
(a) Who Mr. Todd really is.
(b) Helping Tony leave.
(c) Why he is there.
(d) How Messinger dies.
11. What letter does Tony receive from Brenda on Monday?
(a) A accusation for not taking better care of John Andrew.
(b) A suicide letter.
(c) A plea for reconciliation.
(d) A confession and a request for ending the marriage.
12. Of whom does Tony not see much before she leaves?
(a) Mrs. Rattery.
(b) His sister.
13. What happens when Tony and Messinger awaken?
(a) They hear a shaman chanting.
(b) They find the Macushi have stripped the camp and run.
(c) They are surrounded by Pie Wie.
(d) It is raining heavily.
14. Who ends up going with Dr. Messinger and Tony?
(b) No one.
(c) Ten men.
(d) A group of the villagers.
15. Who is Tony's new partner?
(a) Dr. Mezmerizer.
(c) Dr. Upland.
(d) Dr. Messinger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brenda ask about Tony's trip?
2. Who arrives first at the meeting point for Tony and Milly?
3. After the family meeting, where does one of Brenda's brothers go?
4. How is Tony doing in the wake of Brenda's request to end their marriage?
5. What does Tony decide?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)