|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jock appalled at Brenda's response?
(a) Because Brenda seems relieved that it is her son John Andrew who is dead, not John Beaver.
(b) Because Brenda doesn't seem at all affected.
(c) Because Brenda says that it serves Tony right.
(d) Because Brenda blames Tony.
2. Who is Rosa?
(a) An elder in an Indian village.
(b) Dr. Messinger's wife.
(c) A Spanish woman Tony meet on the boat over to the Carribean.
(d) A captured Spanish woman who now lives at the Indian village.
3. What does John Beaver ask his mother?
(a) If she will buy him tickets to go to South America.
(b) If she can get Brenda to leave him alone.
(c) If Brenda can live with her.
(d) If she has a job for Brenda.
4. How is Tony doing in the wake of Brenda's request to end their marriage?
(a) He is very angry and is contemplating killing her.
(b) He believes she will change her mind, so is not thinking about it.
(c) He is having a hard time.
(d) He is relieved it is finally over.
5. What would Brenda's increased demands mean?
(a) Tony would have to give up his estate at Hetton.
(b) Brenda could pay for a annulment instead of divorce.
(c) Tony would have to go back to working as a lawyer.
(d) Brenda could support her mother.
6. Where does Tony meet his traveling companion?
(a) The Greville Club.
(b) The London Museum.
(c) The theater.
(d) At a party at Jock's home.
7. What surprises Tony?
(a) That Brenda seems unaffected by John Andrew's death.
(b) That Jock is avoiding Tony.
(c) That Jock is avoiding Brenda.
(d) That Brenda keeps her plans to spend the weekend at Veronica's.
8. About what do the detectives warn Tony?
(a) About the child spoiling the appearance of infidelity.
(b) To make sure he is careful with his wallet.
(c) That if Brenda sees him, she will have an even better chance of getting a great deal of money.
(d) About Milly's bad temper.
9. What does a Pie Wie tribal member tell Mr. Todd?
(a) That Messinger is lying on the river bank.
(b) That a search party is looking for Mr. Todd.
(c) That there is a ceremony later that day.
(d) That a strange man is wandering through the forest.
10. After the family meeting, where does one of Brenda's brothers go?
(a) Back to his own city.
(b) To talk to his uncle.
(c) To talk to the judge.
(d) To see Tony.
11. Of whom does Tony not see much before she leaves?
(c) His sister.
(d) Mrs. Rattery.
12. About what does Mr. Todd become evasive?
(a) Who Mr. Todd really is.
(b) Helping Tony leave.
(c) How Messinger dies.
(d) Why he is there.
13. How many trips has Tony made in his life?
(a) 10 or so.
14. What does Messinger hope to find now?
(a) Medical help for Tony.
(b) A way back to the Macushi.
(c) The city of gold.
(d) The Pie Wie tribe.
15. What does Tony do in a weak moment?
(a) Calls Brenda and tries to effect a reconciliation.
(b) Starts a nasty rumor about Brenda.
(c) Goes and beats up John Beaver.
(d) Almost kills himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jock apologize?
2. Who calls a family meeting of Brenda's family?
3. Who is Tony's new partner?
4. What is wrong with Tony?
5. What happens when Tony and Messinger awaken?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)