|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What annoys Tony the most when Milly arrives?
(a) She flirts with the detectives.
(b) She lites up a cigarette.
(c) She calls Tony by his wrong name.
(d) She has brought along her daughter.
2. Who calls a family meeting of Brenda's family?
(b) No one.
(d) Brenda's mother.
3. Who does Tony engage to start the divorce proceedings?
(a) His brother-in-law.
(b) His family's loyal retainer.
(c) Some seedy lawyers.
(d) No one; he's going to take care of it himself.
4. How does Tony's weekend farce turn out?
(a) Tony gets interested in Milly and actually hopes to date her.
(b) Not quite as successful as they had hoped, so he has to do it again.
(d) A total failure.
5. Where are Tony and Milly going?
(a) To the seashore in Brighton.
(b) To Paris.
(c) To a seedy motel in Essex.
(d) To the Riviera.
6. Who is Rosa?
(a) A Spanish woman Tony meet on the boat over to the Carribean.
(b) A captured Spanish woman who now lives at the Indian village.
(c) An elder in an Indian village.
(d) Dr. Messinger's wife.
7. What letter does Tony receive from Brenda on Monday?
(a) A plea for reconciliation.
(b) A confession and a request for ending the marriage.
(c) A suicide letter.
(d) A accusation for not taking better care of John Andrew.
8. What does Rosa say when Tony talks to her about going further on?
(a) Her tribe does not go into Pie-Wie lands.
(b) It will cost many more cigarettes.
(c) Maybe if the rest of their group arrives.
(d) They will but it will be very dangerous.
9. What does Messinger decide to do?
(a) Desert Tony.
(b) Give Tony a merciful death.
(c) Leave Tony on the shore and go for help.
(d) Start a large fire to try to find someone.
10. Where is Tony at the opening to this chapter?
(a) On a luxury cruise liner in the Mediterranean.
(b) On a boat to Trinidad.
(c) In Paris.
(d) Back at Hetton.
11. What happens when Tony and Messinger awaken?
(a) They are surrounded by Pie Wie.
(b) They hear a shaman chanting.
(c) It is raining heavily.
(d) They find the Macushi have stripped the camp and run.
12. What is wrong with Tony?
(a) He has broken his leg.
(b) He has a fever that keeps recurring.
(c) He is despondent.
(d) He is going blind.
13. Why does the young woman become unfriendly to Tony?
(a) When he mentions Brenda.
(b) When he says something that indicates his prejudice.
(c) When he makes a move on her.
(d) She does not become unfriendly.
14. Where is Tony and Messinger's second base camp?
(a) Near a huge waterfall.
(b) Near the mouth of the Wausau River.
(c) Deep into Pie-Wie territory.
(d) At the border of the Pie-Wie country.
15. What do Tony and Messinger do?
(a) Beat each other up in a quarrel.
(b) Turn back.
(c) Give up.
(d) Travel downstream alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of whom does Tony not see much before she leaves?
2. How is Tony doing in the wake of Brenda's request to end their marriage?
3. What propels Tony to start a dialog with Brenda?
4. Who is Mr. Todd?
5. What is hard for Tony?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)