|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what do the detectives warn Tony?
(a) About the child spoiling the appearance of infidelity.
(b) That if Brenda sees him, she will have an even better chance of getting a great deal of money.
(c) To make sure he is careful with his wallet.
(d) About Milly's bad temper.
2. Who ends up going with Dr. Messinger and Tony?
(a) Ten men.
(b) A group of the villagers.
(c) No one.
3. Who does Tony engage to start the divorce proceedings?
(a) No one; he's going to take care of it himself.
(b) His brother-in-law.
(c) Some seedy lawyers.
(d) His family's loyal retainer.
4. What are the legal ramifications of John Andrew's death?
(a) The court rules it an accident.
(b) The court rules Brenda as negligent.
(c) There are no legal ramifications as it was obviously an accident so no investigation is necessary.
(d) The court rules negligence on Tony's part for allowing such a young boy to ride the hunt.
5. Why does the young woman become unfriendly to Tony?
(a) When he mentions Brenda.
(b) She does not become unfriendly.
(c) When he makes a move on her.
(d) When he says something that indicates his prejudice.
6. What is wrong with Tony?
(a) He has a fever that keeps recurring.
(b) He has broken his leg.
(c) He is going blind.
(d) He is despondent.
7. Where does Tony meet his traveling companion?
(a) At a party at Jock's home.
(b) The theater.
(c) The Greville Club.
(d) The London Museum.
8. How is Tony?
(a) He is still weak, but is looking for Messinger.
(b) The Pie Wie tribe is caring for him.
(c) He is better and starting the hike back.
(d) He is hallucinating.
9. What happens when Tony and Messinger awaken?
(a) They are surrounded by Pie Wie.
(b) It is raining heavily.
(c) They hear a shaman chanting.
(d) They find the Macushi have stripped the camp and run.
10. What propels Tony to start a dialog with Brenda?
(a) A letter from John Beaver.
(b) His grief about John Andrew.
(c) Nothing in particular.
(d) A letter from Jock.
11. How does Tony's weekend farce turn out?
(a) A total failure.
(b) Tony gets interested in Milly and actually hopes to date her.
(d) Not quite as successful as they had hoped, so he has to do it again.
12. What do Tony and Messinger do?
(a) Beat each other up in a quarrel.
(b) Travel downstream alone.
(c) Give up.
(d) Turn back.
13. What does a Pie Wie tribal member tell Mr. Todd?
(a) That there is a ceremony later that day.
(b) That Messinger is lying on the river bank.
(c) That a strange man is wandering through the forest.
(d) That a search party is looking for Mr. Todd.
14. What does Tony miss while he is drugged?
(a) A letter from Brenda.
(b) The marriage of Mr. Todd and a village woman.
(d) The arrival and departure of a search party.
15. How is Tony doing in the wake of Brenda's request to end their marriage?
(a) He is relieved it is finally over.
(b) He is very angry and is contemplating killing her.
(c) He is having a hard time.
(d) He believes she will change her mind, so is not thinking about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony slip to the man who visits the camp?
2. What does Mrs. Beaver encourage John to do?
3. What is hard for Tony?
4. Who is Mr. Todd?
5. What does Messinger decide to do?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)