|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jenny interpret John's death?
(a) As an omen of bad things still to come.
(b) As a tragedy to just Tony.
(c) As a result of a curse Jenny carries.
(d) As the only way Brenda will come to her senses.
2. What does Tony slip to the man who visits the camp?
(a) His watch.
(b) A piece of paper with his name on it.
(d) A hundred pound note.
3. What does Jock tell Tony?
(a) He and Brenda are about to board the train.
(b) He will not be back to Hetton.
(c) That Tony should divorce Brenda.
(d) He cannot find Brenda.
4. Why does Tony have to prove his infidelity?
(a) Because a woman is not allowed to divorce a man who is faithful.
(b) Because he is allowing Brenda to be the plaintiff in the divorce.
(c) He does not have to prove his infidelity; he has to prove Brenda's infidelity.
(d) Because he wants to throw something in Brenda's face.
5. How does Tony feel during his travels upstream in a small boat.
(a) Quite uncomfortable.
6. What do Tony and Messinger do?
(a) Travel downstream alone.
(b) Give up.
(c) Turn back.
(d) Beat each other up in a quarrel.
7. About what do the detectives warn Tony?
(a) About the child spoiling the appearance of infidelity.
(b) About Milly's bad temper.
(c) That if Brenda sees him, she will have an even better chance of getting a great deal of money.
(d) To make sure he is careful with his wallet.
8. Where does Tony meet his traveling companion?
(a) The theater.
(b) The London Museum.
(c) At a party at Jock's home.
(d) The Greville Club.
9. What are the legal ramifications of John Andrew's death?
(a) The court rules Brenda as negligent.
(b) The court rules negligence on Tony's part for allowing such a young boy to ride the hunt.
(c) There are no legal ramifications as it was obviously an accident so no investigation is necessary.
(d) The court rules it an accident.
10. What young woman does Tony meet?
(a) Tracy de Compe.
(b) Therese de Vitre.
(c) Thomasina de Victory.
(d) Suzanne Vinne.
11. Who ends up going with Dr. Messinger and Tony?
(a) Ten men.
(b) A group of the villagers.
(c) No one.
12. What happens when Tony and Messinger awaken?
(a) They hear a shaman chanting.
(b) They are surrounded by Pie Wie.
(c) It is raining heavily.
(d) They find the Macushi have stripped the camp and run.
13. What does Rosa say when Tony talks to her about going further on?
(a) Her tribe does not go into Pie-Wie lands.
(b) It will cost many more cigarettes.
(c) Maybe if the rest of their group arrives.
(d) They will but it will be very dangerous.
14. To what sound does Tony awaken?
(a) To native drums.
(b) To Messinger treating a wound from a vampire bat.
(c) To screams from the camp guides.
(d) To the snarl of a leopard.
15. What does John Beaver ask his mother?
(a) If she can get Brenda to leave him alone.
(b) If Brenda can live with her.
(c) If she will buy him tickets to go to South America.
(d) If she has a job for Brenda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Brenda's increased demands mean?
2. What does Mrs. Beaver encourage John to do?
3. Who is Tony's new partner?
4. Who does Jock find at Jenny's flat?
5. What annoys Tony the most when Milly arrives?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)