|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a Pie Wie tribal member tell Mr. Todd?
(a) That a search party is looking for Mr. Todd.
(b) That a strange man is wandering through the forest.
(c) That there is a ceremony later that day.
(d) That Messinger is lying on the river bank.
2. Why does Tony have to prove his infidelity?
(a) Because he is allowing Brenda to be the plaintiff in the divorce.
(b) He does not have to prove his infidelity; he has to prove Brenda's infidelity.
(c) Because a woman is not allowed to divorce a man who is faithful.
(d) Because he wants to throw something in Brenda's face.
3. Who is Tony's new partner?
(b) Dr. Upland.
(c) Dr. Mezmerizer.
(d) Dr. Messinger.
4. Who ends up going with Dr. Messinger and Tony?
(a) A group of the villagers.
(b) Ten men.
(d) No one.
5. How is Tony?
(a) He is still weak, but is looking for Messinger.
(b) He is hallucinating.
(c) He is better and starting the hike back.
(d) The Pie Wie tribe is caring for him.
6. What letter does Tony receive from Brenda on Monday?
(a) A accusation for not taking better care of John Andrew.
(b) A suicide letter.
(c) A confession and a request for ending the marriage.
(d) A plea for reconciliation.
7. Where does Tony meet his traveling companion?
(a) The Greville Club.
(b) The theater.
(c) The London Museum.
(d) At a party at Jock's home.
8. About what does Mr. Todd become evasive?
(a) Why he is there.
(b) How Messinger dies.
(c) Helping Tony leave.
(d) Who Mr. Todd really is.
9. What surprises Tony?
(a) That Jock is avoiding Brenda.
(b) That Brenda keeps her plans to spend the weekend at Veronica's.
(c) That Brenda seems unaffected by John Andrew's death.
(d) That Jock is avoiding Tony.
10. What does Messinger hope to find now?
(a) The city of gold.
(b) Medical help for Tony.
(c) A way back to the Macushi.
(d) The Pie Wie tribe.
11. Where does Messinger want to go?
(a) To South America.
(b) To Florida.
(c) To the land of the Pie-Wie tribe.
(d) To Port au Prince.
12. What rumor is Brenda spreading about Tony?
(a) That he beat up John Beaver.
(b) That he had a live-in mistress.
(c) That he is an an alcoholic and had an affair with Jenny Abdul Akbar.
(d) That he beat her.
13. What does Mrs. Beaver encourage John to do?
(a) Find a new lover.
(b) Get away from Brenda.
(c) Take a vacation.
(d) Be more supportive of Brenda.
14. Why does Jock apologize?
(a) For knowing about Brenda and John and not saying anything to Tony.
(b) For leaving Mrs. Rafferty at Hetton for a few days.
(c) For introducing Brenda and John initially.
(d) For not helping John Andrew control his horse.
15. Who calls a family meeting of Brenda's family?
(a) No one.
(c) Brenda's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what sound does Tony awaken?
2. After the family meeting, where does one of Brenda's brothers go?
3. What does Brenda ask about Tony's trip?
4. How does Jenny interpret John's death?
5. Where is Milly going to meet Tony?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)