|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of whom does Tony not see much before she leaves?
(a) Mrs. Rattery.
(b) His sister.
2. Where are Tony and Milly going?
(a) To the Riviera.
(b) To Paris.
(c) To a seedy motel in Essex.
(d) To the seashore in Brighton.
3. What does Mrs. Beaver encourage John to do?
(a) Get away from Brenda.
(b) Take a vacation.
(c) Be more supportive of Brenda.
(d) Find a new lover.
4. What does Tony decide?
(a) To kill Brenda.
(b) To kill himself.
(c) To go away for six months.
(d) To give her the increased amount.
5. Who calls a family meeting of Brenda's family?
(c) Brenda's mother.
(d) No one.
6. After the family meeting, where does one of Brenda's brothers go?
(a) Back to his own city.
(b) To talk to his uncle.
(c) To see Tony.
(d) To talk to the judge.
7. Who nurses Tony back to health?
(a) Mr. Todd.
(b) No one; he recovers on his own.
(c) The Pie Wie tribe.
(d) Dr. Messinger.
8. Where is Tony and Messinger's second base camp?
(a) At the border of the Pie-Wie country.
(b) Near a huge waterfall.
(c) Near the mouth of the Wausau River.
(d) Deep into Pie-Wie territory.
9. What young woman does Tony meet?
(a) Therese de Vitre.
(b) Thomasina de Victory.
(c) Suzanne Vinne.
(d) Tracy de Compe.
10. How does Tony feel during his travels upstream in a small boat.
(b) Quite uncomfortable.
11. What does Rosa say when Tony talks to her about going further on?
(a) They will but it will be very dangerous.
(b) It will cost many more cigarettes.
(c) Her tribe does not go into Pie-Wie lands.
(d) Maybe if the rest of their group arrives.
12. How does Jenny interpret John's death?
(a) As a result of a curse Jenny carries.
(b) As the only way Brenda will come to her senses.
(c) As a tragedy to just Tony.
(d) As an omen of bad things still to come.
13. How many trips has Tony made in his life?
(c) 10 or so.
14. What does a Pie Wie tribal member tell Mr. Todd?
(a) That Messinger is lying on the river bank.
(b) That a search party is looking for Mr. Todd.
(c) That a strange man is wandering through the forest.
(d) That there is a ceremony later that day.
15. What would Brenda's increased demands mean?
(a) Brenda could support her mother.
(b) Tony would have to go back to working as a lawyer.
(c) Tony would have to give up his estate at Hetton.
(d) Brenda could pay for a annulment instead of divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tony and Messinger do?
2. What propels Tony to start a dialog with Brenda?
3. Who is Rosa?
4. Why does Jock apologize?
5. Who is Tony's new partner?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)