|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tony slip to the man who visits the camp?
(a) His watch.
(b) A hundred pound note.
(c) A piece of paper with his name on it.
2. What is Brenda trying to get?
(a) Money from Mrs. Beave.
(b) Money from Reggie.
(c) Money out of Tony's estate.
(d) Money from John Beaver.
3. Where is Jenny going?
(a) To France.
(b) To Wales.
(c) To the theater.
(d) To Polly Cockpurse's where Brenda is.
4. What does John Beaver ask his mother?
(a) If she has a job for Brenda.
(b) If Brenda can live with her.
(c) If she can get Brenda to leave him alone.
(d) If she will buy him tickets to go to South America.
5. What young woman does Tony meet?
(a) Thomasina de Victory.
(b) Suzanne Vinne.
(c) Therese de Vitre.
(d) Tracy de Compe.
6. What annoys Tony the most when Milly arrives?
(a) She lites up a cigarette.
(b) She has brought along her daughter.
(c) She flirts with the detectives.
(d) She calls Tony by his wrong name.
7. Where is Tony at the opening to this chapter?
(a) On a luxury cruise liner in the Mediterranean.
(b) In Paris.
(c) Back at Hetton.
(d) On a boat to Trinidad.
8. Where is Tony and Messinger's second base camp?
(a) Near the mouth of the Wausau River.
(b) Deep into Pie-Wie territory.
(c) Near a huge waterfall.
(d) At the border of the Pie-Wie country.
9. After the family meeting, where does one of Brenda's brothers go?
(a) Back to his own city.
(b) To talk to his uncle.
(c) To see Tony.
(d) To talk to the judge.
10. How many trips has Tony made in his life?
(b) 10 or so.
11. What do Tony and Messinger do?
(a) Beat each other up in a quarrel.
(b) Travel downstream alone.
(c) Give up.
(d) Turn back.
12. What rumor is Brenda spreading about Tony?
(a) That he beat up John Beaver.
(b) That he is an an alcoholic and had an affair with Jenny Abdul Akbar.
(c) That he had a live-in mistress.
(d) That he beat her.
13. Who is Mr. Todd?
(a) A man Tony hallucinates into being.
(b) A frog that John Andew used to have.
(c) The lawyer for Tony's estate.
(d) A man who has lived in the city called Amazonas for sixty years.
14. What does Messinger hope to find now?
(a) The Pie Wie tribe.
(b) The city of gold.
(c) Medical help for Tony.
(d) A way back to the Macushi.
15. How is Tony?
(a) He is hallucinating.
(b) He is still weak, but is looking for Messinger.
(c) He is better and starting the hike back.
(d) The Pie Wie tribe is caring for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strikes terror into Rosa's people?
2. What does Mrs. Beaver encourage John to do?
3. What would Brenda's increased demands mean?
4. Who does Tony engage to start the divorce proceedings?
5. What letter does Tony receive from Brenda on Monday?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)