|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Tony and Messinger's second base camp?
(a) Near a huge waterfall.
(b) Deep into Pie-Wie territory.
(c) At the border of the Pie-Wie country.
(d) Near the mouth of the Wausau River.
2. How does Tony feel during his travels upstream in a small boat.
(a) Quite uncomfortable.
3. Why does the young woman become unfriendly to Tony?
(a) She does not become unfriendly.
(b) When he says something that indicates his prejudice.
(c) When he makes a move on her.
(d) When he mentions Brenda.
4. Who ends up going with Dr. Messinger and Tony?
(a) Ten men.
(c) No one.
(d) A group of the villagers.
5. What is hard for Tony?
(a) Finding a topic for conversation with Milly.
(b) Seeing the way Winnie is abused.
(c) Knowing that Brenda is being unfaithful, only willingly.
(d) Not actually having sex with Milly, who is quite attractive.
6. Where are Tony and Milly going?
(a) To the Riviera.
(b) To Paris.
(c) To the seashore in Brighton.
(d) To a seedy motel in Essex.
7. Where is Tony at the opening to this chapter?
(a) On a luxury cruise liner in the Mediterranean.
(b) Back at Hetton.
(c) In Paris.
(d) On a boat to Trinidad.
8. What does Messinger hope to find now?
(a) The Pie Wie tribe.
(b) The city of gold.
(c) Medical help for Tony.
(d) A way back to the Macushi.
9. Who calls a family meeting of Brenda's family?
(b) Brenda's mother.
(c) No one.
10. What does Brenda ask about Tony's trip?
(b) If it will be profitable.
(c) If it is safe.
(d) If it is going to take six months for sure.
11. About what does Mr. Todd become evasive?
(a) How Messinger dies.
(b) Who Mr. Todd really is.
(c) Why he is there.
(d) Helping Tony leave.
12. What does Tony do in a weak moment?
(a) Starts a nasty rumor about Brenda.
(b) Almost kills himself.
(c) Goes and beats up John Beaver.
(d) Calls Brenda and tries to effect a reconciliation.
13. What does a Pie Wie tribal member tell Mr. Todd?
(a) That there is a ceremony later that day.
(b) That a strange man is wandering through the forest.
(c) That Messinger is lying on the river bank.
(d) That a search party is looking for Mr. Todd.
14. With whom does Tony stay for a few weeks?
(b) No one.
(d) His sister.
15. How does Tony's weekend farce turn out?
(a) Not quite as successful as they had hoped, so he has to do it again.
(b) A total failure.
(d) Tony gets interested in Milly and actually hopes to date her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What propels Tony to start a dialog with Brenda?
2. Why does Tony have to prove his infidelity?
3. What surprises Tony?
4. What young woman does Tony meet?
5. Who does Jock find at Jenny's flat?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)