|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of whom does Tony not see much before she leaves?
(c) Mrs. Rattery.
(d) His sister.
2. What does Tony slip to the man who visits the camp?
(b) His watch.
(c) A piece of paper with his name on it.
(d) A hundred pound note.
3. What does Messinger hope to find now?
(a) The Pie Wie tribe.
(b) A way back to the Macushi.
(c) Medical help for Tony.
(d) The city of gold.
4. How does Tony feel during his travels upstream in a small boat.
(c) Quite uncomfortable.
5. Why does Tony have to prove his infidelity?
(a) Because a woman is not allowed to divorce a man who is faithful.
(b) Because he is allowing Brenda to be the plaintiff in the divorce.
(c) He does not have to prove his infidelity; he has to prove Brenda's infidelity.
(d) Because he wants to throw something in Brenda's face.
6. Who arrives first at the meeting point for Tony and Milly?
(b) Two detectives.
7. To what sound does Tony awaken?
(a) To the snarl of a leopard.
(b) To screams from the camp guides.
(c) To native drums.
(d) To Messinger treating a wound from a vampire bat.
8. Who does Jock find at Jenny's flat?
(a) John Beaver.
(b) No one.
(d) Princess Jenny Abdul Akbar.
9. What happens when Tony and Messinger awaken?
(a) They find the Macushi have stripped the camp and run.
(b) It is raining heavily.
(c) They are surrounded by Pie Wie.
(d) They hear a shaman chanting.
10. Why is Jock appalled at Brenda's response?
(a) Because Brenda blames Tony.
(b) Because Brenda seems relieved that it is her son John Andrew who is dead, not John Beaver.
(c) Because Brenda says that it serves Tony right.
(d) Because Brenda doesn't seem at all affected.
11. What would Brenda's increased demands mean?
(a) Tony would have to go back to working as a lawyer.
(b) Brenda could support her mother.
(c) Brenda could pay for a annulment instead of divorce.
(d) Tony would have to give up his estate at Hetton.
12. Where is Tony at the opening to this chapter?
(a) On a boat to Trinidad.
(b) In Paris.
(c) Back at Hetton.
(d) On a luxury cruise liner in the Mediterranean.
13. Where are Tony and Milly going?
(a) To the seashore in Brighton.
(b) To Paris.
(c) To the Riviera.
(d) To a seedy motel in Essex.
14. Who is Rosa?
(a) An elder in an Indian village.
(b) A Spanish woman Tony meet on the boat over to the Carribean.
(c) Dr. Messinger's wife.
(d) A captured Spanish woman who now lives at the Indian village.
15. What is hard for Tony?
(a) Seeing the way Winnie is abused.
(b) Not actually having sex with Milly, who is quite attractive.
(c) Finding a topic for conversation with Milly.
(d) Knowing that Brenda is being unfaithful, only willingly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony do in a weak moment?
2. What surprises Tony?
3. What does Messinger decide to do?
4. How does Mrs. Rattery try to distract Tony while waiting for Jock and Brenda?
5. Where is Tony and Messinger's second base camp?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)