|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many trips has Tony made in his life?
(a) 10 or so.
2. Where does Messinger want to go?
(a) To the land of the Pie-Wie tribe.
(b) To Florida.
(c) To Port au Prince.
(d) To South America.
3. What would Brenda's increased demands mean?
(a) Brenda could pay for a annulment instead of divorce.
(b) Tony would have to give up his estate at Hetton.
(c) Tony would have to go back to working as a lawyer.
(d) Brenda could support her mother.
4. What does Brenda ask about Tony's trip?
(b) If it is safe.
(c) If it will be profitable.
(d) If it is going to take six months for sure.
5. Who arrives first at the meeting point for Tony and Milly?
(c) Two detectives.
6. What rumor is Brenda spreading about Tony?
(a) That he beat up John Beaver.
(b) That he had a live-in mistress.
(c) That he is an an alcoholic and had an affair with Jenny Abdul Akbar.
(d) That he beat her.
7. Who calls a family meeting of Brenda's family?
(b) Brenda's mother.
(c) No one.
8. What does Messinger hope to find now?
(a) Medical help for Tony.
(b) A way back to the Macushi.
(c) The city of gold.
(d) The Pie Wie tribe.
9. What young woman does Tony meet?
(a) Therese de Vitre.
(b) Thomasina de Victory.
(c) Suzanne Vinne.
(d) Tracy de Compe.
10. About what do the detectives warn Tony?
(a) About the child spoiling the appearance of infidelity.
(b) About Milly's bad temper.
(c) That if Brenda sees him, she will have an even better chance of getting a great deal of money.
(d) To make sure he is careful with his wallet.
11. What strikes terror into Rosa's people?
(a) A mechanical mouse Dr. Messinger shows them.
(b) Tony's gun.
(c) The battle cries of the Pie Wie all around them.
(d) An anaconda that is forty feet long.
12. Who does Tony engage to start the divorce proceedings?
(a) His brother-in-law.
(b) Some seedy lawyers.
(c) His family's loyal retainer.
(d) No one; he's going to take care of it himself.
13. What is Brenda trying to get?
(a) Money out of Tony's estate.
(b) Money from John Beaver.
(c) Money from Reggie.
(d) Money from Mrs. Beave.
14. What is hard for Tony?
(a) Knowing that Brenda is being unfaithful, only willingly.
(b) Seeing the way Winnie is abused.
(c) Not actually having sex with Milly, who is quite attractive.
(d) Finding a topic for conversation with Milly.
15. What does a Pie Wie tribal member tell Mr. Todd?
(a) That Messinger is lying on the river bank.
(b) That a strange man is wandering through the forest.
(c) That there is a ceremony later that day.
(d) That a search party is looking for Mr. Todd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Tony?
2. How does Tony feel during his travels upstream in a small boat.
3. Why does the young woman become unfriendly to Tony?
4. What letter does Tony receive from Brenda on Monday?
5. To what sound does Tony awaken?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)