|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of whom does Tony not see much before she leaves?
(a) His sister.
(b) Mrs. Rattery.
2. What would Brenda's increased demands mean?
(a) Tony would have to give up his estate at Hetton.
(b) Brenda could pay for a annulment instead of divorce.
(c) Tony would have to go back to working as a lawyer.
(d) Brenda could support her mother.
3. What do Tony and Messinger do?
(a) Travel downstream alone.
(b) Give up.
(c) Beat each other up in a quarrel.
(d) Turn back.
4. Why does the young woman become unfriendly to Tony?
(a) When he makes a move on her.
(b) When he mentions Brenda.
(c) When he says something that indicates his prejudice.
(d) She does not become unfriendly.
5. Where is Tony at the opening to this chapter?
(a) Back at Hetton.
(b) On a boat to Trinidad.
(c) On a luxury cruise liner in the Mediterranean.
(d) In Paris.
6. Why does Tony have to prove his infidelity?
(a) Because he is allowing Brenda to be the plaintiff in the divorce.
(b) Because a woman is not allowed to divorce a man who is faithful.
(c) He does not have to prove his infidelity; he has to prove Brenda's infidelity.
(d) Because he wants to throw something in Brenda's face.
7. Who does Jock find at Jenny's flat?
(a) John Beaver.
(c) Princess Jenny Abdul Akbar.
(d) No one.
8. What does a Pie Wie tribal member tell Mr. Todd?
(a) That a strange man is wandering through the forest.
(b) That a search party is looking for Mr. Todd.
(c) That there is a ceremony later that day.
(d) That Messinger is lying on the river bank.
9. With whom does Tony stay for a few weeks?
(b) His sister.
(d) No one.
10. Who is Mr. Todd?
(a) A man Tony hallucinates into being.
(b) A man who has lived in the city called Amazonas for sixty years.
(c) The lawyer for Tony's estate.
(d) A frog that John Andew used to have.
11. What happens when Tony and Messinger awaken?
(a) They find the Macushi have stripped the camp and run.
(b) They are surrounded by Pie Wie.
(c) They hear a shaman chanting.
(d) It is raining heavily.
12. How does Tony's weekend farce turn out?
(a) Tony gets interested in Milly and actually hopes to date her.
(b) Not quite as successful as they had hoped, so he has to do it again.
(d) A total failure.
13. Why is Jock appalled at Brenda's response?
(a) Because Brenda doesn't seem at all affected.
(b) Because Brenda blames Tony.
(c) Because Brenda says that it serves Tony right.
(d) Because Brenda seems relieved that it is her son John Andrew who is dead, not John Beaver.
14. What does Brenda ask about Tony's trip?
(a) If it will be profitable.
(c) If it is safe.
(d) If it is going to take six months for sure.
15. How much is Brenda now requesting as a settlement?
(a) 10,000 a year.
(b) 1000 a year.
(c) 300 a year.
(d) 2000 a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jenny going?
2. What is wrong with Tony?
3. Who does Tony engage to start the divorce proceedings?
4. How does Mrs. Rattery try to distract Tony while waiting for Jock and Brenda?
5. Why does Jock apologize?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)