|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Mr. Todd become evasive?
(a) How Messinger dies.
(b) Who Mr. Todd really is.
(c) Why he is there.
(d) Helping Tony leave.
2. Why does the young woman become unfriendly to Tony?
(a) She does not become unfriendly.
(b) When he says something that indicates his prejudice.
(c) When he makes a move on her.
(d) When he mentions Brenda.
3. What does Jock tell Tony?
(a) That Tony should divorce Brenda.
(b) He cannot find Brenda.
(c) He and Brenda are about to board the train.
(d) He will not be back to Hetton.
4. What propels Tony to start a dialog with Brenda?
(a) A letter from John Beaver.
(b) His grief about John Andrew.
(c) A letter from Jock.
(d) Nothing in particular.
5. Who is Rosa?
(a) A captured Spanish woman who now lives at the Indian village.
(b) Dr. Messinger's wife.
(c) An elder in an Indian village.
(d) A Spanish woman Tony meet on the boat over to the Carribean.
6. With whom does Tony stay for a few weeks?
(b) No one.
(d) His sister.
7. Where does Tony meet his traveling companion?
(a) The theater.
(b) At a party at Jock's home.
(c) The Greville Club.
(d) The London Museum.
8. What annoys Tony the most when Milly arrives?
(a) She calls Tony by his wrong name.
(b) She flirts with the detectives.
(c) She lites up a cigarette.
(d) She has brought along her daughter.
9. To what sound does Tony awaken?
(a) To screams from the camp guides.
(b) To native drums.
(c) To the snarl of a leopard.
(d) To Messinger treating a wound from a vampire bat.
10. Who does Jock find at Jenny's flat?
(b) John Beaver.
(c) No one.
(d) Princess Jenny Abdul Akbar.
11. How does Mrs. Rattery try to distract Tony while waiting for Jock and Brenda?
(a) With a card game.
(b) By drinking with him.
(c) By asking for a tour of the home.
(d) By asking him about John Andew.
12. Where is Tony at the opening to this chapter?
(a) In Paris.
(b) On a boat to Trinidad.
(c) Back at Hetton.
(d) On a luxury cruise liner in the Mediterranean.
13. How does Tony feel during his travels upstream in a small boat.
(b) Quite uncomfortable.
14. What does Messinger hope to find now?
(a) The Pie Wie tribe.
(b) A way back to the Macushi.
(c) Medical help for Tony.
(d) The city of gold.
15. Why does Tony have to prove his infidelity?
(a) Because he is allowing Brenda to be the plaintiff in the divorce.
(b) Because a woman is not allowed to divorce a man who is faithful.
(c) He does not have to prove his infidelity; he has to prove Brenda's infidelity.
(d) Because he wants to throw something in Brenda's face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Tony?
2. What is hard for Tony?
3. Where is Milly going to meet Tony?
4. Of whom does Tony not see much before she leaves?
5. Where does Messinger want to go?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)