|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rumor is Brenda spreading about Tony?
(a) That he beat her.
(b) That he had a live-in mistress.
(c) That he is an an alcoholic and had an affair with Jenny Abdul Akbar.
(d) That he beat up John Beaver.
2. Who does Jock find at Jenny's flat?
(a) Princess Jenny Abdul Akbar.
(b) No one.
(c) John Beaver.
3. What is Brenda trying to get?
(a) Money from John Beaver.
(b) Money from Reggie.
(c) Money out of Tony's estate.
(d) Money from Mrs. Beave.
4. Who does Tony engage to start the divorce proceedings?
(a) No one; he's going to take care of it himself.
(b) His family's loyal retainer.
(c) His brother-in-law.
(d) Some seedy lawyers.
5. What letter does Tony receive from Brenda on Monday?
(a) A accusation for not taking better care of John Andrew.
(b) A confession and a request for ending the marriage.
(c) A plea for reconciliation.
(d) A suicide letter.
6. Who is Tony's new partner?
(a) Dr. Upland.
(b) Dr. Messinger.
(c) Dr. Mezmerizer.
7. Who arrives first at the meeting point for Tony and Milly?
(c) Two detectives.
8. Where does Messinger want to go?
(a) To South America.
(b) To Port au Prince.
(c) To the land of the Pie-Wie tribe.
(d) To Florida.
9. Who ends up going with Dr. Messinger and Tony?
(b) A group of the villagers.
(c) No one.
(d) Ten men.
10. Who calls a family meeting of Brenda's family?
(a) Brenda's mother.
(c) No one.
11. How is Tony?
(a) The Pie Wie tribe is caring for him.
(b) He is still weak, but is looking for Messinger.
(c) He is hallucinating.
(d) He is better and starting the hike back.
12. What propels Tony to start a dialog with Brenda?
(a) His grief about John Andrew.
(b) A letter from Jock.
(c) Nothing in particular.
(d) A letter from John Beaver.
13. What does Mrs. Beaver encourage John to do?
(a) Take a vacation.
(b) Be more supportive of Brenda.
(c) Find a new lover.
(d) Get away from Brenda.
14. Where is Tony and Messinger's second base camp?
(a) Near a huge waterfall.
(b) At the border of the Pie-Wie country.
(c) Deep into Pie-Wie territory.
(d) Near the mouth of the Wausau River.
15. What does Tony do in a weak moment?
(a) Almost kills himself.
(b) Starts a nasty rumor about Brenda.
(c) Goes and beats up John Beaver.
(d) Calls Brenda and tries to effect a reconciliation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Tony doing in the wake of Brenda's request to end their marriage?
2. What does Rosa say when Tony talks to her about going further on?
3. Where are Tony and Milly going?
4. How does Mrs. Rattery try to distract Tony while waiting for Jock and Brenda?
5. What strikes terror into Rosa's people?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)