|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Tony at the opening to this chapter?
(a) On a luxury cruise liner in the Mediterranean.
(b) On a boat to Trinidad.
(c) In Paris.
(d) Back at Hetton.
2. What does Tony slip to the man who visits the camp?
(a) A hundred pound note.
(c) A piece of paper with his name on it.
(d) His watch.
3. What rumor is Brenda spreading about Tony?
(a) That he beat her.
(b) That he beat up John Beaver.
(c) That he had a live-in mistress.
(d) That he is an an alcoholic and had an affair with Jenny Abdul Akbar.
4. What is wrong with Tony?
(a) He is going blind.
(b) He is despondent.
(c) He has broken his leg.
(d) He has a fever that keeps recurring.
5. Who is Tony's new partner?
(a) Dr. Messinger.
(c) Dr. Mezmerizer.
(d) Dr. Upland.
6. What does a Pie Wie tribal member tell Mr. Todd?
(a) That a strange man is wandering through the forest.
(b) That there is a ceremony later that day.
(c) That a search party is looking for Mr. Todd.
(d) That Messinger is lying on the river bank.
7. Who is Mr. Todd?
(a) A frog that John Andew used to have.
(b) The lawyer for Tony's estate.
(c) A man Tony hallucinates into being.
(d) A man who has lived in the city called Amazonas for sixty years.
8. What young woman does Tony meet?
(a) Suzanne Vinne.
(b) Therese de Vitre.
(c) Thomasina de Victory.
(d) Tracy de Compe.
9. Who ends up going with Dr. Messinger and Tony?
(a) Ten men.
(b) A group of the villagers.
(c) No one.
10. What would Brenda's increased demands mean?
(a) Brenda could support her mother.
(b) Brenda could pay for a annulment instead of divorce.
(c) Tony would have to give up his estate at Hetton.
(d) Tony would have to go back to working as a lawyer.
11. What annoys Tony the most when Milly arrives?
(a) She lites up a cigarette.
(b) She calls Tony by his wrong name.
(c) She flirts with the detectives.
(d) She has brought along her daughter.
12. Where is Tony and Messinger's second base camp?
(a) At the border of the Pie-Wie country.
(b) Near a huge waterfall.
(c) Near the mouth of the Wausau River.
(d) Deep into Pie-Wie territory.
13. About what do the detectives warn Tony?
(a) That if Brenda sees him, she will have an even better chance of getting a great deal of money.
(b) About the child spoiling the appearance of infidelity.
(c) About Milly's bad temper.
(d) To make sure he is careful with his wallet.
14. About what does Mr. Todd become evasive?
(a) How Messinger dies.
(b) Why he is there.
(c) Who Mr. Todd really is.
(d) Helping Tony leave.
15. Who does Tony engage to start the divorce proceedings?
(a) No one; he's going to take care of it himself.
(b) His family's loyal retainer.
(c) His brother-in-law.
(d) Some seedy lawyers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony do in a weak moment?
2. What does Brenda ask about Tony's trip?
3. Where is Milly going to meet Tony?
4. Of whom does Tony not see much before she leaves?
5. Who is Rosa?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)