|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Tony and Milly going?
(a) To the seashore in Brighton.
(b) To the Riviera.
(c) To Paris.
(d) To a seedy motel in Essex.
2. How is Tony doing in the wake of Brenda's request to end their marriage?
(a) He is having a hard time.
(b) He is relieved it is finally over.
(c) He believes she will change her mind, so is not thinking about it.
(d) He is very angry and is contemplating killing her.
3. Who is Mr. Todd?
(a) A man who has lived in the city called Amazonas for sixty years.
(b) The lawyer for Tony's estate.
(c) A frog that John Andew used to have.
(d) A man Tony hallucinates into being.
4. What does Brenda ask about Tony's trip?
(a) If it is going to take six months for sure.
(b) If it is safe.
(d) If it will be profitable.
5. Why does Tony have to prove his infidelity?
(a) Because he wants to throw something in Brenda's face.
(b) Because a woman is not allowed to divorce a man who is faithful.
(c) Because he is allowing Brenda to be the plaintiff in the divorce.
(d) He does not have to prove his infidelity; he has to prove Brenda's infidelity.
6. Where is Jenny going?
(a) To Polly Cockpurse's where Brenda is.
(b) To Wales.
(c) To the theater.
(d) To France.
7. Who arrives first at the meeting point for Tony and Milly?
(a) Two detectives.
8. What propels Tony to start a dialog with Brenda?
(a) A letter from John Beaver.
(b) A letter from Jock.
(c) Nothing in particular.
(d) His grief about John Andrew.
9. What is Brenda trying to get?
(a) Money from Reggie.
(b) Money from Mrs. Beave.
(c) Money out of Tony's estate.
(d) Money from John Beaver.
10. Where does Messinger want to go?
(a) To Port au Prince.
(b) To South America.
(c) To Florida.
(d) To the land of the Pie-Wie tribe.
11. How does Mrs. Rattery try to distract Tony while waiting for Jock and Brenda?
(a) By asking him about John Andew.
(b) With a card game.
(c) By drinking with him.
(d) By asking for a tour of the home.
12. What does Rosa say when Tony talks to her about going further on?
(a) Her tribe does not go into Pie-Wie lands.
(b) Maybe if the rest of their group arrives.
(c) It will cost many more cigarettes.
(d) They will but it will be very dangerous.
13. Who does Tony engage to start the divorce proceedings?
(a) His family's loyal retainer.
(b) Some seedy lawyers.
(c) No one; he's going to take care of it himself.
(d) His brother-in-law.
14. Where is Tony and Messinger's second base camp?
(a) Deep into Pie-Wie territory.
(b) At the border of the Pie-Wie country.
(c) Near the mouth of the Wausau River.
(d) Near a huge waterfall.
15. Who calls a family meeting of Brenda's family?
(a) No one.
(c) Brenda's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strikes terror into Rosa's people?
2. What would Brenda's increased demands mean?
3. How does Tony's weekend farce turn out?
4. How much is Brenda now requesting as a settlement?
5. Where is Tony at the opening to this chapter?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)