|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many trips has Tony made in his life?
(c) 10 or so.
2. Who calls a family meeting of Brenda's family?
(a) No one.
(b) Brenda's mother.
3. What is wrong with Tony?
(a) He has a fever that keeps recurring.
(b) He has broken his leg.
(c) He is despondent.
(d) He is going blind.
4. Where is Tony and Messinger's second base camp?
(a) At the border of the Pie-Wie country.
(b) Near a huge waterfall.
(c) Deep into Pie-Wie territory.
(d) Near the mouth of the Wausau River.
5. What does Messinger hope to find now?
(a) Medical help for Tony.
(b) The Pie Wie tribe.
(c) A way back to the Macushi.
(d) The city of gold.
6. To what sound does Tony awaken?
(a) To Messinger treating a wound from a vampire bat.
(b) To screams from the camp guides.
(c) To the snarl of a leopard.
(d) To native drums.
7. What does Tony decide?
(a) To kill Brenda.
(b) To kill himself.
(c) To go away for six months.
(d) To give her the increased amount.
8. Where are Tony and Milly going?
(a) To the Riviera.
(b) To Paris.
(c) To the seashore in Brighton.
(d) To a seedy motel in Essex.
9. Who is Mr. Todd?
(a) A man Tony hallucinates into being.
(b) A man who has lived in the city called Amazonas for sixty years.
(c) The lawyer for Tony's estate.
(d) A frog that John Andew used to have.
10. After the family meeting, where does one of Brenda's brothers go?
(a) Back to his own city.
(b) To see Tony.
(c) To talk to the judge.
(d) To talk to his uncle.
11. Why does Tony have to prove his infidelity?
(a) Because he is allowing Brenda to be the plaintiff in the divorce.
(b) Because he wants to throw something in Brenda's face.
(c) Because a woman is not allowed to divorce a man who is faithful.
(d) He does not have to prove his infidelity; he has to prove Brenda's infidelity.
12. What are the legal ramifications of John Andrew's death?
(a) The court rules negligence on Tony's part for allowing such a young boy to ride the hunt.
(b) There are no legal ramifications as it was obviously an accident so no investigation is necessary.
(c) The court rules it an accident.
(d) The court rules Brenda as negligent.
13. Where is Milly going to meet Tony?
(a) At a place called Victoria.
(b) In Paris.
(c) In New York.
(d) In Amsterdam.
14. What do Tony and Messinger do?
(a) Beat each other up in a quarrel.
(b) Turn back.
(c) Travel downstream alone.
(d) Give up.
15. Why is Jock appalled at Brenda's response?
(a) Because Brenda blames Tony.
(b) Because Brenda doesn't seem at all affected.
(c) Because Brenda says that it serves Tony right.
(d) Because Brenda seems relieved that it is her son John Andrew who is dead, not John Beaver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Beaver encourage John to do?
2. What does Jock tell Tony?
3. About what does Mr. Todd become evasive?
4. With whom does Tony stay for a few weeks?
5. Who arrives first at the meeting point for Tony and Milly?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)