|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the legal ramifications of John Andrew's death?
(a) The court rules Brenda as negligent.
(b) The court rules negligence on Tony's part for allowing such a young boy to ride the hunt.
(c) There are no legal ramifications as it was obviously an accident so no investigation is necessary.
(d) The court rules it an accident.
2. What does Jock tell Tony?
(a) He cannot find Brenda.
(b) He will not be back to Hetton.
(c) That Tony should divorce Brenda.
(d) He and Brenda are about to board the train.
3. Who is Mr. Todd?
(a) The lawyer for Tony's estate.
(b) A frog that John Andew used to have.
(c) A man Tony hallucinates into being.
(d) A man who has lived in the city called Amazonas for sixty years.
4. What young woman does Tony meet?
(a) Therese de Vitre.
(b) Tracy de Compe.
(c) Thomasina de Victory.
(d) Suzanne Vinne.
5. How much is Brenda now requesting as a settlement?
(a) 2000 a year.
(b) 300 a year.
(c) 10,000 a year.
(d) 1000 a year.
6. After the family meeting, where does one of Brenda's brothers go?
(a) To see Tony.
(b) Back to his own city.
(c) To talk to the judge.
(d) To talk to his uncle.
7. What does Tony do in a weak moment?
(a) Starts a nasty rumor about Brenda.
(b) Almost kills himself.
(c) Goes and beats up John Beaver.
(d) Calls Brenda and tries to effect a reconciliation.
8. Where does Tony meet his traveling companion?
(a) The London Museum.
(b) At a party at Jock's home.
(c) The Greville Club.
(d) The theater.
9. What would Brenda's increased demands mean?
(a) Brenda could pay for a annulment instead of divorce.
(b) Brenda could support her mother.
(c) Tony would have to give up his estate at Hetton.
(d) Tony would have to go back to working as a lawyer.
10. Why does the young woman become unfriendly to Tony?
(a) When he mentions Brenda.
(b) When he makes a move on her.
(c) She does not become unfriendly.
(d) When he says something that indicates his prejudice.
11. Why does Jock apologize?
(a) For leaving Mrs. Rafferty at Hetton for a few days.
(b) For knowing about Brenda and John and not saying anything to Tony.
(c) For introducing Brenda and John initially.
(d) For not helping John Andrew control his horse.
12. How is Tony doing in the wake of Brenda's request to end their marriage?
(a) He is having a hard time.
(b) He believes she will change her mind, so is not thinking about it.
(c) He is relieved it is finally over.
(d) He is very angry and is contemplating killing her.
13. How many trips has Tony made in his life?
(d) 10 or so.
14. Where are Tony and Milly going?
(a) To a seedy motel in Essex.
(b) To the seashore in Brighton.
(c) To Paris.
(d) To the Riviera.
15. How is Tony?
(a) The Pie Wie tribe is caring for him.
(b) He is still weak, but is looking for Messinger.
(c) He is hallucinating.
(d) He is better and starting the hike back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tony and Messinger do?
2. What letter does Tony receive from Brenda on Monday?
3. What annoys Tony the most when Milly arrives?
4. Who nurses Tony back to health?
5. What propels Tony to start a dialog with Brenda?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)