|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Tony's new partner?
(a) Dr. Messinger.
(b) Dr. Upland.
(d) Dr. Mezmerizer.
2. What does Brenda ask about Tony's trip?
(a) If it is going to take six months for sure.
(c) If it will be profitable.
(d) If it is safe.
3. How does Tony feel during his travels upstream in a small boat.
(b) Quite uncomfortable.
4. Why is Jock appalled at Brenda's response?
(a) Because Brenda doesn't seem at all affected.
(b) Because Brenda says that it serves Tony right.
(c) Because Brenda seems relieved that it is her son John Andrew who is dead, not John Beaver.
(d) Because Brenda blames Tony.
5. How is Tony doing in the wake of Brenda's request to end their marriage?
(a) He is having a hard time.
(b) He believes she will change her mind, so is not thinking about it.
(c) He is relieved it is finally over.
(d) He is very angry and is contemplating killing her.
6. What does Messinger decide to do?
(a) Give Tony a merciful death.
(b) Desert Tony.
(c) Start a large fire to try to find someone.
(d) Leave Tony on the shore and go for help.
7. About what do the detectives warn Tony?
(a) About the child spoiling the appearance of infidelity.
(b) To make sure he is careful with his wallet.
(c) About Milly's bad temper.
(d) That if Brenda sees him, she will have an even better chance of getting a great deal of money.
8. How does Tony's weekend farce turn out?
(a) Not quite as successful as they had hoped, so he has to do it again.
(b) Tony gets interested in Milly and actually hopes to date her.
(c) A total failure.
9. How does Jenny interpret John's death?
(a) As an omen of bad things still to come.
(b) As a tragedy to just Tony.
(c) As the only way Brenda will come to her senses.
(d) As a result of a curse Jenny carries.
10. What are the legal ramifications of John Andrew's death?
(a) The court rules Brenda as negligent.
(b) There are no legal ramifications as it was obviously an accident so no investigation is necessary.
(c) The court rules negligence on Tony's part for allowing such a young boy to ride the hunt.
(d) The court rules it an accident.
11. What is wrong with Tony?
(a) He has a fever that keeps recurring.
(b) He is despondent.
(c) He is going blind.
(d) He has broken his leg.
12. What does Tony do in a weak moment?
(a) Starts a nasty rumor about Brenda.
(b) Almost kills himself.
(c) Goes and beats up John Beaver.
(d) Calls Brenda and tries to effect a reconciliation.
13. What surprises Tony?
(a) That Brenda seems unaffected by John Andrew's death.
(b) That Jock is avoiding Brenda.
(c) That Jock is avoiding Tony.
(d) That Brenda keeps her plans to spend the weekend at Veronica's.
14. How much is Brenda now requesting as a settlement?
(a) 10,000 a year.
(b) 300 a year.
(c) 2000 a year.
(d) 1000 a year.
15. Who arrives first at the meeting point for Tony and Milly?
(c) Two detectives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Messinger hope to find now?
2. To what sound does Tony awaken?
3. What does Mrs. Beaver encourage John to do?
4. What strikes terror into Rosa's people?
5. After the family meeting, where does one of Brenda's brothers go?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)