|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Jenny once married?
(a) The Sultan of India.
(b) The Sultan of Constantinople.
(c) The Prince of Morocco.
(d) The Prince of Ethiopia.
2. About what party specifically do Brenda and Marjorie speak?
(a) Pauline Cockell's party.
(b) Polly Cracker's party.
(c) Polly Cockpurse's upcoming party.
(d) No party in particular.
3. What does John learn when he returns home from the club?
(a) His wife is divorcing him.
(b) His mother is leaving to give a show in the States.
(c) His has been invited to the luncheon.
(d) His son is very ill.
4. Who do Tony and Jock decide to go?
(a) To another Gentleman's Club.
(b) Back to Hetton Abbey.
(c) To Marjorie's house.
(d) To a "low" joint where they can drink the rest if the night.
5. Why does John initially decline Brenda's request that he escort her to a party?
(a) He is not of their social standing.
(b) It will be expensive.
(c) He is not invited.
(d) It will be boring.
6. Why does Brenda meet with Mrs. Beaver?
(a) To tell her that John needs to leave Brenda alone.
(b) To try to encounter John.
(c) To learn more about John.
(d) To go over details of renting a flat in London.
7. Who joins Tony and Jock at the club?
(a) Milly and Babs.
(b) Marjorie and Brenda.
(c) Missy and Barbara.
(d) John and Oliver.
8. What does Brenda find unbearable?
(a) Tony's anger and abuse.
(b) Not getting to London very often.
(c) Being a mother.
(d) Being around Tony's relatives.
9. What is John Andrew doing?
(a) Pruning the roses.
(b) Jumping with his pony.
(c) Visiting Brenda.
(d) Visiting Tony.
10. Who has tea with Brenda and Polly?
(a) John Andrew.
11. What reason does Brenda give Tony for bringing along her friends?
(a) To get their opinion on redecorating.
(b) To hope Tony becomes interested in one of the women.
(d) To help them get away from the stress of London.
12. What is Brenda plotting?
(a) Matching Tony up with another woman.
(b) Being able to end her marriage legally adn to her best advantage.
(c) Getting half of Tony's money.
(d) Getting Tony to leave England for an extended period of time.
13. What opinion does John offer about Brenda?
(a) That she is confused.
(b) That she is a whore.
(c) That she is heartless.
(d) That she will become bored of John before any harm is done.
14. Why does John Andrew refuse Tony's invitation?
(a) He has decided the place if for babies.
(b) He is still angry from the time when he meets Tony at the train station.
(c) He is tired.
(d) He misses his mother.
15. What does Tony do for the women?
(a) Picks flowers.
(b) Makes breakfast.
(c) Takes John Andrew out so his noise won't wake them too early.
(d) Saddles their horses for a morning ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John tell his mother as to why he won't see Brenda anymore?
2. What does Tony learn that he finds annoying?
3. Where does Brenda stay during the weekdays?
4. What is nice about the Brat's Club for men like John?
5. How do the Christmas holidays go at Hetton?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)