|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is the London social scene buzzing?
(a) News of Parliament's voiding a tax law.
(b) News of John Beaver's engagment to a young Scotswoman.
(c) News of Tony's death.
(d) News of Brenda's affair.
2. Who is Allan?
(a) Marjorie's husband.
(b) Brenda's stepfather.
(c) Marjorie's son.
(d) Brenda's brother.
3. Where does Tony end up after the get together?
(a) He ends up in the cook's daughter's room.
(b) In Brenda's room.
(c) He goes to London to confront John.
(d) In Marjorie's room.
4. Of what is Brenda taking advantage concerning Tony?
(a) His guilt.
(b) His anger.
(c) His love.
(d) His indifference.
5. What does Brenda wonder about her visit with Mrs. Beaver?
(a) If Mrs. Beaver will consent to come to Marjorie's house for the meeting.
(b) If John will be there.
(c) If Mrs. Beaver knows her trade.
(d) If John lives in the same household as his mother.
6. What annoys Tony about the three women who join Brenda at the estate?
(a) They drink wine with breakfast.
(b) They treat John Andrew like a baby.
(c) They giggle all the time.
(d) They criticize parts of the decor and architecture of the estate.
7. What do Tony and John do after lunch?
(a) Smoke cigars and drink whiskey.
(b) Take a tour of the house.
(c) Have a round of golf.
(d) Play cricket with some other men.
8. Why does Brenda send Jenny Abdul Akbar ahead to Hetton?
(a) So maybe Tony will feel attracted to her.
(b) Brenda is hoping to catch Tony in a compromising position.
(c) All three women come to the estate together.
(d) Because she can get away from London sooner that the others.
9. Who is particularly taken with Jenny?
(a) John Andrew.
(c) John Beaver.
(d) Tony once he gets to know her.
10. How often is Brenda communicating with Tony?
(a) Every day.
(c) Several times a week.
(d) Twice a day.
11. Why is Tony annoyed?
(a) That he can hear the gardeners arguing.
(b) That John Beaver takes Tony's offer to see the house seriously.
(c) That Brenda is not paying him any attention.
(d) That they have to go to a dinner engagement that evening.
12. How does Brenda do at Polly's party?
(a) She merges into her social circle with ease.
(b) She is ill at ease and anxious.
(c) She raises a ruckus about a man who made an advance on her.
(d) She decides not to go.
13. Who entertains John while Tony is out of the house?
(b) Tony's mother.
(c) Brenda's mother.
14. Why is Tony disappointed about a note he receives?
(a) Jock says he cannot make it to Hetton that weekend.
(b) John Beaver says he cannot make it to Hetton that weekend.
(c) The cook says she cannot be ready for the formal luncheon without more staff.
(d) James says he cannot make it to Hetton that weekend.
15. When Brenda finally communicates with Tony, what does she tell him?
(a) That she will be visiting that weekend.
(b) That John Andrew is to be sent to her.
(c) That she is in love with another man.
(d) That she is divorcing Tony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who believes the Abbey exhibits poor taste?
2. Where is Brenda staying?
3. What does Tony decide to do?
4. What does Brenda find unbearable?
5. How does Mrs. Rattery look as she emerges from the plane?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)