|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often is Brenda communicating with Tony?
(a) Twice a day.
(b) Several times a week.
(c) Every day.
2. Who joins Tony and Jock at the club?
(a) John and Oliver.
(b) Milly and Babs.
(c) Marjorie and Brenda.
(d) Missy and Barbara.
3. What does Brenda invite John to do?
(a) To come hear the village's barbershop quartet.
(b) To meet her best friend who lives in London.
(c) To stay another night.
(d) To go to the opera in London next time she is there.
4. When does Tony expect Brenda to be back at Hetton?
(a) Not for several weeks.
(b) On Friday.
5. What does Tony tell his kitchen staff?
(a) That the food has been excellent and to keep up the good work.
(b) That he no longer wants an evening meal.
(c) That he will take his meals in the library when Brenda is out of town.
(d) That they are to take a vacation.
6. To whom is Jenny once married?
(a) The Sultan of Constantinople.
(b) The Prince of Ethiopia.
(c) The Prince of Morocco.
(d) The Sultan of India.
7. How does Marjorie feel about John Beaver?
(a) She thinks he's wonderful.
(b) She's never met him.
(c) She mistrusts him.
(d) She dislikes him.
8. What is Jenny's response to the house?
(a) She loves it.
(b) She abhors it.
(c) She has no particular opinion.
(d) She thinks it needs total revamping.
9. How does Brenda confront John?
(a) By slapping him.
(b) She does not confront his lie; she just decides never to see him again.
(c) By calling him on a lie.
(d) By pointing out a social impropriety.
10. What is Mrs. Beaver's response to John deciding not to see Brenda anymore?
(a) She has no opinion about the matter.
(b) She is angry because he is only thinking of himself.
(c) She encourages him to think otherwise.
(d) She is happy because Brenda is married.
11. How does Brenda put off Tony's attentions later that night?
(a) Claims of fatigue.
(b) Says she promised John Andrew he could stay in with her.
(c) Says she is too far along in her pregnancy.
(d) Claims that Tony does not really love her.
12. What annoys Tony about the three women who join Brenda at the estate?
(a) They giggle all the time.
(b) They treat John Andrew like a baby.
(c) They drink wine with breakfast.
(d) They criticize parts of the decor and architecture of the estate.
13. Of what does Brenda convince Tony?
(a) The idea of remodeling her bedroom.
(b) The idea of her and their son
(c) That John Andrew should go to boarding school.
(d) The idea of renting a flat in London.
14. Why does Tony get up earlier than usual the next morning?
(a) To make his wife breakfast.
(b) To see off John.
(c) To drive John to London.
(d) To take his son to the circus.
15. What does Tony learn that he finds annoying?
(a) That John has met his wife at several other parties.
(b) That John smokes cigarettes at the table.
(c) That John has escorted Brenda to several parties.
(d) That Brenda rents the flat from Mrs. Beaver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will be visiting with Brenda?
2. What event is Brenda going to miss at Hetton?
3. Who wants to know how to find Jock Grant-Menzies?
4. How does Mrs. Rattery arrive at Hetton?
5. What is John Beaver's career status?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)