|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brenda wish Tony wanted to go to the party?
(a) She wants to show off her handsome husband.
(b) She wants to become more involved with Charity groups and wants Tony to make some contacts among the upper class men.
(c) She does not want to go and wishes Tony would go and represent their family.
(d) She does not want to go alone.
2. Who calls and leaves a message for Tony but will not speak to him?
(d) Mrs. Beaver.
3. Of what is Brenda taking advantage concerning Tony?
(a) His indifference.
(b) His anger.
(c) His guilt.
(d) His love.
4. What happens to cause Thunderclap to bolt?
(a) A horsefly gets under the saddle.
(b) Miss Tendril's niece puts her bike in neutral and the bike backfires.
(c) A snake bites it.
(d) A dog barks at it.
5. What does Marjorie solicit of Jock?
(a) The promise of an escort to an upcoming ball.
(b) His opinion about her new beau.
(c) A loan.
(d) His opinion about Brenda's affair with John.
6. Who wants to know how to find Jock Grant-Menzies?
(a) Lord Last.
(b) Lady Tipping.
(c) John's mother.
(d) No one.
7. Why is Jock uncomfortable with Tony at first?
(a) Because Jock flirts too much with Brenda.
(b) Because Jock and Tony grew up together and have always been a little uncomfortable with each other.
(c) Because of John's affair with Brenda.
(d) Because Jock is jealous of John.
8. Why is John disappointed with the phone call?
(a) He is not invited to the opera as he was expecting.
(b) He is told he should find other friends.
(c) He was hoping to meet Lady Morganthau's daughter.
(d) He is not invited to a luncheon he was hoping to go to.
9. What happens to John Andew?
(a) He is basically unharmed; just bruised.
(b) He is paralyzed.
(c) He is thrown and killed.
(d) He breaks an arm and leg.
10. From whom does John receive a phone call?
(a) Lady Morganthau.
(b) The Duchess of Wales.
(c) Lord Lasterly.
(d) Lady Tipping.
11. What does Brenda wonder about her visit with Mrs. Beaver?
(a) If John lives in the same household as his mother.
(b) If Mrs. Beaver will consent to come to Marjorie's house for the meeting.
(c) If Mrs. Beaver knows her trade.
(d) If John will be there.
12. What reason does Brenda give Tony for bringing along her friends?
(a) To hope Tony becomes interested in one of the women.
(b) To get their opinion on redecorating.
(c) To help them get away from the stress of London.
13. Why does Tony lash out at his son?
(a) Because he spills milk on the table.
(b) Because he is disappointed at not seeing Brenda.
(c) Because he says he hates Tony.
(d) Because he starts crying for his mama.
14. Who is Allan?
(a) Brenda's stepfather.
(b) Marjorie's son.
(c) Marjorie's husband.
(d) Brenda's brother.
15. What does John tell his mother as to why he won't see Brenda anymore?
(a) She insulted him at the party.
(b) She costs too much to entertain.
(c) She is married.
(d) She despises him.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Mrs. Beaver speaking?
2. Who must Brenda consult about the rental?
3. What does Brenda suggest to Tony?
4. What event is Brenda going to miss at Hetton?
5. About what does Mrs. Beaver brag?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)