|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls and leaves a message for Tony but will not speak to him?
(b) Mrs. Beaver.
2. Who does Brenda visit in London?
(b) Her doctor.
(c) Her sister-in-law.
(d) Her mother.
3. What is John Andrew doing?
(a) Jumping with his pony.
(b) Visiting Tony.
(c) Visiting Brenda.
(d) Pruning the roses.
4. Why is John annoyed with Brenda?
(a) She leaves him alone to fend for himself at Polly's party.
(b) She makes a joke about him in front of others.
(c) He is not annoyed, but rather infatuated.
(d) She won't allow him to kiss her.
5. How do others feel about John at the party?
(a) They do not particularly like him.
(b) They despise him.
(c) They are indifferent.
(d) They think he's quite witty and charming.
6. Who do Tony and Jock decide to go?
(a) To another Gentleman's Club.
(b) To Marjorie's house.
(c) To a "low" joint where they can drink the rest if the night.
(d) Back to Hetton Abbey.
7. What is nice about the Brat's Club for men like John?
(a) Younger men could enjoy drinking and cards without the traditional older man stigma.
(b) It has a wide array of social circles.
(c) You do not have to be titled to go there.
(d) It is inexpensive.
8. Why doesn't Brenda allow John to come in to where she is staying after the party?
(a) It is too late.
(b) She is married.
(c) She is tired of him.
(d) She thinks he is too childish.
9. What does Brenda say in a note to Tony?
(a) That she is not returning to Hetton.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she will be there on Saturday rather than Friday.
(d) That she has important news for him.
10. How does Mrs. Rattery arrive at Hetton?
(a) By horseback.
(b) By rail.
(c) By a plane she pilots herself.
(d) By boat.
11. What does Tony learn that he finds annoying?
(a) That Brenda rents the flat from Mrs. Beaver.
(b) That John has met his wife at several other parties.
(c) That John has escorted Brenda to several parties.
(d) That John smokes cigarettes at the table.
12. How does Brenda confront John?
(a) By calling him on a lie.
(b) By pointing out a social impropriety.
(c) By slapping him.
(d) She does not confront his lie; she just decides never to see him again.
13. About what does Mrs. Beaver brag?
(a) Her business success.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her fashion design abilities.
(d) Her daughter's upcoming marriage to a Duke.
14. What is Brenda plotting?
(a) Getting half of Tony's money.
(b) Matching Tony up with another woman.
(c) Getting Tony to leave England for an extended period of time.
(d) Being able to end her marriage legally adn to her best advantage.
15. Where is Angela's home that Tony and Brenda visit?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tony get up earlier than usual the next morning?
2. When does Tony expect Brenda to be back at Hetton?
3. What does John tell his mother as to why he won't see Brenda anymore?
4. How does Tony feel around Jenny?
5. Why does Mrs. Beaver no longer have a luxurious lifestyle?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)