|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brenda invite John to do?
(a) To meet her best friend who lives in London.
(b) To come hear the village's barbershop quartet.
(c) To stay another night.
(d) To go to the opera in London next time she is there.
2. Where is John planning to spend the weekend?
(a) In London.
(c) At the home of Tony and Brenda Last.
(d) At the shore.
3. What is Mrs. Beaver's response to John deciding not to see Brenda anymore?
(a) She is angry because he is only thinking of himself.
(b) She has no opinion about the matter.
(c) She is happy because Brenda is married.
(d) She encourages him to think otherwise.
4. About what does Tony talk to Jock?
(a) About the upcoming polo matches.
(b) About the many changes in Brenda lately.
(c) About sailing around the Cape last year.
(d) About the way John is so blatent in his affair with Brenda.
5. What is nice about the Brat's Club for men like John?
(a) You do not have to be titled to go there.
(b) It is inexpensive.
(c) Younger men could enjoy drinking and cards without the traditional older man stigma.
(d) It has a wide array of social circles.
6. What does Mrs. Beaver do for a living?
(a) Interior decorating and real estate.
(c) Fashion design.
7. What does Tony tell his kitchen staff?
(a) That he will take his meals in the library when Brenda is out of town.
(b) That the food has been excellent and to keep up the good work.
(c) That he no longer wants an evening meal.
(d) That they are to take a vacation.
8. How often is Brenda communicating with Tony?
(a) Every day.
(b) Twice a day.
(d) Several times a week.
9. Why does Tony lash out at his son?
(a) Because he is disappointed at not seeing Brenda.
(b) Because he starts crying for his mama.
(c) Because he spills milk on the table.
(d) Because he says he hates Tony.
10. What is Jenny's official title?
(a) Princess Abdul Akbar.
(b) Her grace Jenny Abdul Akbar.
(c) Lady Princess Abdul Akbar.
(d) Her majesty Jenny Abdul Akbar.
11. What does John learn when he returns home from the club?
(a) His has been invited to the luncheon.
(b) His wife is divorcing him.
(c) His son is very ill.
(d) His mother is leaving to give a show in the States.
12. What is John Andrew doing?
(a) Pruning the roses.
(b) Jumping with his pony.
(c) Visiting Tony.
(d) Visiting Brenda.
13. Who seems to delight in spreading gossip about Brenda?
(c) Mrs. Beaver.
14. Why does Tony feel guilty the next day?
(a) For calling Brenda unkind names.
(b) For hitting John when Tony is drunk.
(c) For abandoning his son.
(d) For behaving in a foolish manner toward Brenda.
15. How does Brenda do at Polly's party?
(a) She raises a ruckus about a man who made an advance on her.
(b) She decides not to go.
(c) She is ill at ease and anxious.
(d) She merges into her social circle with ease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brenda say she is going to do to give her an excuse to be in London?
2. What kind of hints does Brenda make to Marjorie?
3. Of what is Brenda taking advantage concerning Tony?
4. How do others feel about John at the party?
5. What does Brenda do to finish the weekend?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)