|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tony invite to Hetton?
(a) John Beaver.
(d) No one.
2. What does Tony learn that he finds annoying?
(a) That John smokes cigarettes at the table.
(b) That John has met his wife at several other parties.
(c) That Brenda rents the flat from Mrs. Beaver.
(d) That John has escorted Brenda to several parties.
3. What is Brenda plotting?
(a) Matching Tony up with another woman.
(b) Being able to end her marriage legally adn to her best advantage.
(c) Getting half of Tony's money.
(d) Getting Tony to leave England for an extended period of time.
4. What does Marjorie solicit of Jock?
(a) His opinion about Brenda's affair with John.
(b) The promise of an escort to an upcoming ball.
(c) A loan.
(d) His opinion about her new beau.
5. What excuse does Brenda use to miss the annual event?
(c) Her sister's wedding.
(d) Her mother's birthday.
6. Who is Allan?
(a) Brenda's brother.
(b) Brenda's stepfather.
(c) Marjorie's husband.
(d) Marjorie's son.
7. Why is John disappointed with the phone call?
(a) He is told he should find other friends.
(b) He is not invited to the opera as he was expecting.
(c) He is not invited to a luncheon he was hoping to go to.
(d) He was hoping to meet Lady Morganthau's daughter.
8. Why does Brenda wish Tony wanted to go to the party?
(a) She does not want to go and wishes Tony would go and represent their family.
(b) She wants to become more involved with Charity groups and wants Tony to make some contacts among the upper class men.
(c) She does not want to go alone.
(d) She wants to show off her handsome husband.
9. Why does John initially decline Brenda's request that he escort her to a party?
(a) It will be expensive.
(b) He is not of their social standing.
(c) It will be boring.
(d) He is not invited.
10. What does Allan do?
(a) He is a labor leader and political candidate.
(b) He manages a large department store.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He lives off an inheritance.
11. When Brenda finally communicates with Tony, what does she tell him?
(a) That she will be visiting that weekend.
(b) That she is divorcing Tony.
(c) That John Andrew is to be sent to her.
(d) That she is in love with another man.
12. What is Jenny's response to the house?
(a) She has no particular opinion.
(b) She thinks it needs total revamping.
(c) She abhors it.
(d) She loves it.
13. Who does Tony invite to the hunt?
(a) Marjorie's brother.
14. What does John tell his mother as to why he won't see Brenda anymore?
(a) She costs too much to entertain.
(b) She is married.
(c) She despises him.
(d) She insulted him at the party.
15. Who will be visiting with Brenda?
(a) No one.
(c) Polly and a new friend named Jenny Abdul Akbar.
(d) John Beaver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Jenny inadvertently renamed Tony?
2. What is nice about the Brat's Club for men like John?
3. About what does Tony talk to Jock?
4. In spite of what is John at home when Brenda comes to meet with his mother?
5. How does Brenda confront John?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)