|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Allan?
(a) Marjorie's son.
(b) Brenda's brother.
(c) Marjorie's husband.
(d) Brenda's stepfather.
2. Who is still "in the dark" about Brenda's affair?
(b) Her mother.
(c) No one.
(d) Her sister.
3. Why does John initially decline Brenda's request that he escort her to a party?
(a) He is not invited.
(b) It will be expensive.
(c) He is not of their social standing.
(d) It will be boring.
4. How long before Brenda returns to Hetton again?
(a) A week.
(b) A day.
(d) A month.
5. Why does Tony lash out at his son?
(a) Because he is disappointed at not seeing Brenda.
(b) Because he says he hates Tony.
(c) Because he spills milk on the table.
(d) Because he starts crying for his mama.
6. Why does Brenda send Jenny Abdul Akbar ahead to Hetton?
(a) Because she can get away from London sooner that the others.
(b) All three women come to the estate together.
(c) Brenda is hoping to catch Tony in a compromising position.
(d) So maybe Tony will feel attracted to her.
7. What does Tony tell his kitchen staff?
(a) That the food has been excellent and to keep up the good work.
(b) That they are to take a vacation.
(c) That he no longer wants an evening meal.
(d) That he will take his meals in the library when Brenda is out of town.
8. What has Jenny inadvertently renamed Tony?
9. Where does Tony end up after the get together?
(a) In Marjorie's room.
(b) In Brenda's room.
(c) He goes to London to confront John.
(d) He ends up in the cook's daughter's room.
10. What is Jenny's official title?
(a) Princess Abdul Akbar.
(b) Her grace Jenny Abdul Akbar.
(c) Lady Princess Abdul Akbar.
(d) Her majesty Jenny Abdul Akbar.
11. Who comes with Brenda to Hetton?
(a) Polly, Veronica and Mrs. Beaver.
(b) John and Polly.
(c) Mrs. Beaver and John.
(d) Polly and Jock.
12. How does Brenda do at Polly's party?
(a) She merges into her social circle with ease.
(b) She decides not to go.
(c) She raises a ruckus about a man who made an advance on her.
(d) She is ill at ease and anxious.
13. Why is John disappointed with the phone call?
(a) He is not invited to the opera as he was expecting.
(b) He was hoping to meet Lady Morganthau's daughter.
(c) He is told he should find other friends.
(d) He is not invited to a luncheon he was hoping to go to.
14. How does Brenda fool John Beaver?
(a) That she is wealthy.
(b) That she is not married.
(c) Into thinking he is in charge of the situation between him and Brenda.
(d) That she is infatuated with him.
15. Why does Tony call and awaken Brenda?
(a) To tell her how much he loves her.
(b) To tell her he is leaving her.
(c) To tell her how much he misses her.
(d) To tell her he won't come to her apartment after all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John learn when he returns home from the club?
2. Where does John next encounter Brenda?
3. With what is the London social scene buzzing?
4. Who seems to delight in spreading gossip about Brenda?
5. What does Tony decide to do?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)