|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Tony annoyed?
(a) That they have to go to a dinner engagement that evening.
(b) That John Beaver takes Tony's offer to see the house seriously.
(c) That Brenda is not paying him any attention.
(d) That he can hear the gardeners arguing.
2. Why is Jock uncomfortable with Tony at first?
(a) Because of John's affair with Brenda.
(b) Because Jock and Tony grew up together and have always been a little uncomfortable with each other.
(c) Because Jock flirts too much with Brenda.
(d) Because Jock is jealous of John.
3. Who seems to be the only person concerned about Brenda's affair with John Beaver?
(b) The cook.
4. Why does Brenda wish Tony wanted to go to the party?
(a) She wants to show off her handsome husband.
(b) She wants to become more involved with Charity groups and wants Tony to make some contacts among the upper class men.
(c) She does not want to go alone.
(d) She does not want to go and wishes Tony would go and represent their family.
5. Where does Brenda stay during the weekdays?
(a) In London.
(b) At Hetton.
(c) Split between London and Hetton.
(d) Mostly at Hetton, but one day of the week in London.
6. Why does Tony call and awaken Brenda?
(a) To tell her he is leaving her.
(b) To tell her how much he misses her.
(c) To tell her how much he loves her.
(d) To tell her he won't come to her apartment after all.
7. What kind of hints does Brenda make to Marjorie?
(a) That she wants to divorce Tony.
(b) That her son is moving to London.
(c) That Brenda needs Marjorie to do her a big favor.
(d) About her interest in John Beaver.
8. About what does Mrs. Beaver brag?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her daughter's upcoming marriage to a Duke.
(c) Her business success.
(d) Her fashion design abilities.
9. Where does John next encounter Brenda?
(a) At Marjorie's home.
(b) At the London museum.
(c) At a lunch at Margot's home.
(d) On a boat ride on the Thames.
10. Why is John disappointed with the phone call?
(a) He was hoping to meet Lady Morganthau's daughter.
(b) He is told he should find other friends.
(c) He is not invited to a luncheon he was hoping to go to.
(d) He is not invited to the opera as he was expecting.
11. What does Tony learn that he finds annoying?
(a) That John has escorted Brenda to several parties.
(b) That John smokes cigarettes at the table.
(c) That John has met his wife at several other parties.
(d) That Brenda rents the flat from Mrs. Beaver.
12. How often is Brenda communicating with Tony?
(a) Several times a week.
(b) Every day.
(d) Twice a day.
13. How does John remain connected to the upper class?
(a) By his brother-in-law.
(b) Through his grandmother.
(c) Through invitation.
(d) By his wife.
14. What opinion does John offer about Brenda?
(a) That she will become bored of John before any harm is done.
(b) That she is a whore.
(c) That she is heartless.
(d) That she is confused.
15. What is John Andrew doing?
(a) Jumping with his pony.
(b) Visiting Brenda.
(c) Pruning the roses.
(d) Visiting Tony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who must Brenda consult about the rental?
2. How do others feel about John at the party?
3. How does Tony feel around Jenny?
4. What does Brenda say she is going to do to give her an excuse to be in London?
5. What event is Brenda going to miss at Hetton?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)