|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tony end up after the get together?
(a) In Brenda's room.
(b) In Marjorie's room.
(c) He ends up in the cook's daughter's room.
(d) He goes to London to confront John.
2. What does Brenda find unbearable?
(a) Not getting to London very often.
(b) Being a mother.
(c) Tony's anger and abuse.
(d) Being around Tony's relatives.
3. What lifts Brenda's spirits?
(a) Tony is especially loving that night.
(b) John calls her back and accepts her invitation.
(c) John calls her and says he can't stop thinking of her.
(d) She is pregnant again.
4. Where is Hetton Abbey?
(a) Near Westminister.
(b) In Sussex.
(c) In London.
(d) On the Last Family grounds.
5. Who must Brenda consult about the rental?
(b) Her mother.
6. What happens to cause Thunderclap to bolt?
(a) A snake bites it.
(b) A horsefly gets under the saddle.
(c) Miss Tendril's niece puts her bike in neutral and the bike backfires.
(d) A dog barks at it.
7. Who is Mrs. Rattery?
(a) Jock's date for the hunt.
(b) A well-known British author.
(c) A young Swedish widow.
(d) Jock's sister who comes for the hunt.
8. What event is Brenda going to miss at Hetton?
(a) The annual hunt.
(b) The annual polo tournament.
(c) John Andrew's birthday.
(d) The annual charity ball.
9. Why is John annoyed with Brenda?
(a) She won't allow him to kiss her.
(b) She leaves him alone to fend for himself at Polly's party.
(c) He is not annoyed, but rather infatuated.
(d) She makes a joke about him in front of others.
10. How do others feel about John at the party?
(a) They do not particularly like him.
(b) They think he's quite witty and charming.
(c) They despise him.
(d) They are indifferent.
11. Who seems to delight in spreading gossip about Brenda?
(d) Mrs. Beaver.
12. To where does Tony invite John Andrew?
(a) A Wee Bright Wagon.
(b) Little Sussex.
(c) To a polo match.
(d) Little Bayton.
13. How long before Brenda returns to Hetton again?
(a) A month.
(b) A day.
(d) A week.
14. Why does Tony get up earlier than usual the next morning?
(a) To make his wife breakfast.
(b) To drive John to London.
(c) To take his son to the circus.
(d) To see off John.
15. What does Brenda do to finish the weekend?
(a) Goes to confession.
(b) Plans a soriee and talks to the cook about the arrangements.
(c) Goes to church with Tony and John Andrew.
(d) Talks to Tony about John.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Tony and Jock decide to go?
2. Why is John disappointed with the phone call?
3. What is Jenny's official title?
4. With what is the London social scene buzzing?
5. How does John remain connected to the upper class?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)