|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John Beaver's career status?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He works as a bank teller.
(c) He is a soldier.
(d) He is unemployed.
2. Of what does Brenda convince Tony?
(a) The idea of her and their son
(b) The idea of renting a flat in London.
(c) That John Andrew should go to boarding school.
(d) The idea of remodeling her bedroom.
3. Why is Tony disappointed about a note he receives?
(a) John Beaver says he cannot make it to Hetton that weekend.
(b) James says he cannot make it to Hetton that weekend.
(c) The cook says she cannot be ready for the formal luncheon without more staff.
(d) Jock says he cannot make it to Hetton that weekend.
4. What title does the Prince of Morocco hold?
(a) The Moulay.
(b) The Highest of Allah's minions.
(d) The Mousley.
5. About what party specifically do Brenda and Marjorie speak?
(a) Pauline Cockell's party.
(b) Polly Cracker's party.
(c) No party in particular.
(d) Polly Cockpurse's upcoming party.
6. What lifts Brenda's spirits?
(a) John calls her and says he can't stop thinking of her.
(b) Tony is especially loving that night.
(c) John calls her back and accepts her invitation.
(d) She is pregnant again.
7. Who is Allan?
(a) Brenda's brother.
(b) Marjorie's son.
(c) Brenda's stepfather.
(d) Marjorie's husband.
8. How does Tony feel around Jenny?
9. Where does John encounter Tony?
(a) At Hetton Abbey.
(b) At the Brat's Club.
(c) At Marjorie's home.
(d) At the London opera.
10. Who has tea with Brenda and Polly?
(d) John Andrew.
11. About what does Mrs. Beaver brag?
(a) Her fashion design abilities.
(b) Her business success.
(c) Her daughter's upcoming marriage to a Duke.
(d) Her son.
12. How does Brenda confront John?
(a) She does not confront his lie; she just decides never to see him again.
(b) By pointing out a social impropriety.
(c) By slapping him.
(d) By calling him on a lie.
13. When Brenda finally communicates with Tony, what does she tell him?
(a) That she will be visiting that weekend.
(b) That John Andrew is to be sent to her.
(c) That she is in love with another man.
(d) That she is divorcing Tony.
14. Who has come to the station to meet Tony?
(b) John Beaver.
(c) John Andrew.
15. Who calls and leaves a message for Tony but will not speak to him?
(a) Mrs. Beaver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brenda say in a note to Tony?
2. Who is anxiously awaiting Brenda's arrival back at Hetton?
3. What do Tony and John do after lunch?
4. Where does John next encounter Brenda?
5. Why does Tony get up earlier than usual the next morning?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)