|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brenda wonder about her visit with Mrs. Beaver?
(a) If John lives in the same household as his mother.
(b) If John will be there.
(c) If Mrs. Beaver knows her trade.
(d) If Mrs. Beaver will consent to come to Marjorie's house for the meeting.
2. From whom does John receive a phone call?
(a) Lady Tipping.
(b) Lady Morganthau.
(c) Lord Lasterly.
(d) The Duchess of Wales.
3. Who will be visiting with Brenda?
(a) John Beaver.
(b) No one.
(d) Polly and a new friend named Jenny Abdul Akbar.
4. With what is the London social scene buzzing?
(a) News of Parliament's voiding a tax law.
(b) News of Tony's death.
(c) News of John Beaver's engagment to a young Scotswoman.
(d) News of Brenda's affair.
5. How does Brenda confront John?
(a) By slapping him.
(b) By calling him on a lie.
(c) She does not confront his lie; she just decides never to see him again.
(d) By pointing out a social impropriety.
6. What does Brenda invite John to do?
(a) To meet her best friend who lives in London.
(b) To go to the opera in London next time she is there.
(c) To come hear the village's barbershop quartet.
(d) To stay another night.
7. What is Brenda plotting?
(a) Being able to end her marriage legally adn to her best advantage.
(b) Matching Tony up with another woman.
(c) Getting Tony to leave England for an extended period of time.
(d) Getting half of Tony's money.
8. What is John Beaver's age?
9. Why is Jock uncomfortable with Tony at first?
(a) Because Jock flirts too much with Brenda.
(b) Because Jock and Tony grew up together and have always been a little uncomfortable with each other.
(c) Because of John's affair with Brenda.
(d) Because Jock is jealous of John.
10. Why does Tony call and awaken Brenda?
(a) To tell her he is leaving her.
(b) To tell her he won't come to her apartment after all.
(c) To tell her how much he loves her.
(d) To tell her how much he misses her.
11. Who wants to know how to find Jock Grant-Menzies?
(a) John's mother.
(b) Lord Last.
(c) No one.
(d) Lady Tipping.
12. Who must Brenda consult about the rental?
(a) Her mother.
13. What annoys Tony about the three women who join Brenda at the estate?
(a) They criticize parts of the decor and architecture of the estate.
(b) They giggle all the time.
(c) They treat John Andrew like a baby.
(d) They drink wine with breakfast.
14. Why does Brenda wish Tony wanted to go to the party?
(a) She wants to become more involved with Charity groups and wants Tony to make some contacts among the upper class men.
(b) She wants to show off her handsome husband.
(c) She does not want to go alone.
(d) She does not want to go and wishes Tony would go and represent their family.
15. What is Brenda doing when this chapter opens?
(a) Sailing on the Thames.
(b) Supervising the installing of carpet in her den.
(c) Playing polo.
(d) Getting ready to go to dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony tell his kitchen staff?
2. Why is Tony annoyed?
3. Why does Tony lash out at his son?
4. Why does Tony get up earlier than usual the next morning?
5. Why does Tony feel guilty the next day?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)