|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Beaver do for a living?
(a) Interior decorating and real estate.
(b) Fashion design.
2. What lifts Brenda's spirits?
(a) Tony is especially loving that night.
(b) John calls her and says he can't stop thinking of her.
(c) She is pregnant again.
(d) John calls her back and accepts her invitation.
3. How does Brenda confront John?
(a) She does not confront his lie; she just decides never to see him again.
(b) By pointing out a social impropriety.
(c) By calling him on a lie.
(d) By slapping him.
4. Who calls and leaves a message for Tony but will not speak to him?
(b) Mrs. Beaver.
5. Who must Brenda consult about the rental?
(a) Her mother.
6. How does Brenda fool John Beaver?
(a) That she is not married.
(b) That she is wealthy.
(c) That she is infatuated with him.
(d) Into thinking he is in charge of the situation between him and Brenda.
7. Who is John Andrew?
(a) Tony's brother.
(b) The Lasts' son.
(c) Tony's gardner.
(d) Brenda's brother.
8. How does Brenda do at Polly's party?
(a) She is ill at ease and anxious.
(b) She decides not to go.
(c) She merges into her social circle with ease.
(d) She raises a ruckus about a man who made an advance on her.
9. How does Mrs. Rattery look as she emerges from the plane?
(a) A tall woman in overalls.
(b) A short, petite matronly type.
(c) A no-nonsense kind of nanny.
(d) A busty showgirl type.
10. Why is John annoyed with Brenda?
(a) He is not annoyed, but rather infatuated.
(b) She won't allow him to kiss her.
(c) She leaves him alone to fend for himself at Polly's party.
(d) She makes a joke about him in front of others.
11. What happens to cause Thunderclap to bolt?
(a) Miss Tendril's niece puts her bike in neutral and the bike backfires.
(b) A dog barks at it.
(c) A snake bites it.
(d) A horsefly gets under the saddle.
12. Where is Angela's home that Tony and Brenda visit?
13. Who is anxiously awaiting Brenda's arrival back at Hetton?
(a) Tony and John Andrew.
(b) No one.
(c) The cook who wants to discuss refreshments for an upcoming party.
(d) Brenda's valet.
14. Why does Tony call and awaken Brenda?
(a) To tell her he won't come to her apartment after all.
(b) To tell her how much he misses her.
(c) To tell her he is leaving her.
(d) To tell her how much he loves her.
15. About what does Mrs. Beaver brag?
(a) Her fashion design abilities.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her daughter's upcoming marriage to a Duke.
(d) Her business success.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who entertains John while Tony is out of the house?
2. Why does Tony feel guilty the next day?
3. What does Brenda do to finish the weekend?
4. How often is Brenda communicating with Tony?
5. Who seems to be the only person concerned about Brenda's affair with John Beaver?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)