|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John initially decline Brenda's request that he escort her to a party?
(a) He is not of their social standing.
(b) He is not invited.
(c) It will be boring.
(d) It will be expensive.
2. Who comes to a small get together that Brenda arranges?
(a) Allan and John Beaver.
(b) Marjorie, Brenda's mother and sister.
(c) Jock, Marjorie, John Beaver and Allan.
(d) Jock, Marjorie, Allan, and another married couple they know.
3. To whom is Mrs. Beaver speaking?
(a) Her son, John.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her daughter.
4. Where is Hetton Abbey?
(a) On the Last Family grounds.
(b) In London.
(c) In Sussex.
(d) Near Westminister.
5. What does Marjorie solicit of Jock?
(a) His opinion about Brenda's affair with John.
(b) A loan.
(c) His opinion about her new beau.
(d) The promise of an escort to an upcoming ball.
6. Where does John encounter Tony?
(a) At the Brat's Club.
(b) At Marjorie's home.
(c) At Hetton Abbey.
(d) At the London opera.
7. Who does Tony invite to Hetton?
(a) John Beaver.
(b) No one.
8. In spite of what is John at home when Brenda comes to meet with his mother?
(a) A chess tournament at the Fieldings Club.
(b) A polo match.
(c) Two invitations.
(d) A tournament at the Brat's Club.
9. How does Mrs. Rattery arrive at Hetton?
(a) By rail.
(b) By boat.
(c) By horseback.
(d) By a plane she pilots herself.
10. What does Tony decide to do?
(a) Get to know Mrs. Rafferty better.
(b) Write Brenda a letter.
(c) Ask Jock about Brenda and John.
(d) Not allow John Andrew to do the hunt this year.
11. Where is Angela's home that Tony and Brenda visit?
12. Who calls and leaves a message for Tony but will not speak to him?
(a) Mrs. Beaver.
13. What is Brenda doing when this chapter opens?
(a) Supervising the installing of carpet in her den.
(b) Getting ready to go to dinner.
(c) Sailing on the Thames.
(d) Playing polo.
14. How does Marjorie feel about John Beaver?
(a) She's never met him.
(b) She thinks he's wonderful.
(c) She mistrusts him.
(d) She dislikes him.
15. Who will be visiting with Brenda?
(a) No one.
(c) John Beaver.
(d) Polly and a new friend named Jenny Abdul Akbar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lifts Brenda's spirits?
2. Why is Tony disappointed about a note he receives?
3. What do Tony and John do after lunch?
4. Why does Tony call and awaken Brenda?
5. Who joins Tony and Jock at the club?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)