|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to cause Thunderclap to bolt?
(a) A dog barks at it.
(b) A snake bites it.
(c) Miss Tendril's niece puts her bike in neutral and the bike backfires.
(d) A horsefly gets under the saddle.
2. With what is the London social scene buzzing?
(a) News of Parliament's voiding a tax law.
(b) News of Brenda's affair.
(c) News of Tony's death.
(d) News of John Beaver's engagment to a young Scotswoman.
3. About what does Tony talk to Jock?
(a) About the way John is so blatent in his affair with Brenda.
(b) About the many changes in Brenda lately.
(c) About the upcoming polo matches.
(d) About sailing around the Cape last year.
4. Where is Angela's home that Tony and Brenda visit?
5. What event is Brenda going to miss at Hetton?
(a) The annual charity ball.
(b) John Andrew's birthday.
(c) The annual polo tournament.
(d) The annual hunt.
6. Who seems to delight in spreading gossip about Brenda?
(a) Mrs. Beaver.
7. Where is John planning to spend the weekend?
(a) In London.
(b) At the home of Tony and Brenda Last.
(d) At the shore.
8. Who is particularly taken with Jenny?
(b) Tony once he gets to know her.
(c) John Beaver.
(d) John Andrew.
9. What is John Beaver's career status?
(a) He works as a bank teller.
(b) He is a soldier.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is unemployed.
10. What excuse does Brenda use to miss the annual event?
(a) Her sister's wedding.
(b) Her mother's birthday.
11. Who has tea with Brenda and Polly?
(b) John Andrew.
12. How often is Brenda communicating with Tony?
(a) Twice a day.
(b) Every day.
(c) Several times a week.
13. How do others feel about John at the party?
(a) They think he's quite witty and charming.
(b) They despise him.
(c) They do not particularly like him.
(d) They are indifferent.
14. How does Marjorie feel about John Beaver?
(a) She mistrusts him.
(b) She thinks he's wonderful.
(c) She dislikes him.
(d) She's never met him.
15. Who does Brenda visit in London?
(a) Her sister-in-law.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brenda plotting?
2. What reason does Brenda give Tony for bringing along her friends?
3. Why is Tony annoyed?
4. Of what is Brenda taking advantage concerning Tony?
5. How does Brenda do at Polly's party?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)