|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seems to delight in spreading gossip about Brenda?
(b) Mrs. Beaver.
2. Who is John Andrew?
(a) The Lasts' son.
(b) Tony's brother.
(c) Tony's gardner.
(d) Brenda's brother.
3. How does Tony feel around Jenny?
4. What does Brenda say she is going to do to give her an excuse to be in London?
(a) Help her sister who just had twins.
(b) Take an economics class.
(c) Get a personal trainer.
(d) Help her mother who is ill.
5. Of what is Brenda taking advantage concerning Tony?
(a) His indifference.
(b) His anger.
(c) His guilt.
(d) His love.
6. What does Tony decide to do?
(a) Get to know Mrs. Rafferty better.
(b) Write Brenda a letter.
(c) Ask Jock about Brenda and John.
(d) Not allow John Andrew to do the hunt this year.
7. To whom is Jenny once married?
(a) The Sultan of India.
(b) The Sultan of Constantinople.
(c) The Prince of Ethiopia.
(d) The Prince of Morocco.
8. To whom is Mrs. Beaver speaking?
(a) Her son, John.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her daughter.
9. Why doesn't Brenda allow John to come in to where she is staying after the party?
(a) It is too late.
(b) She is married.
(c) She thinks he is too childish.
(d) She is tired of him.
10. What has Jenny inadvertently renamed Tony?
11. What does John tell his mother as to why he won't see Brenda anymore?
(a) She despises him.
(b) She costs too much to entertain.
(c) She insulted him at the party.
(d) She is married.
12. What is John Andrew doing?
(a) Visiting Tony.
(b) Jumping with his pony.
(c) Visiting Brenda.
(d) Pruning the roses.
13. What is Brenda doing when this chapter opens?
(a) Playing polo.
(b) Sailing on the Thames.
(c) Getting ready to go to dinner.
(d) Supervising the installing of carpet in her den.
14. How does John remain connected to the upper class?
(a) Through invitation.
(b) Through his grandmother.
(c) By his brother-in-law.
(d) By his wife.
15. What does Brenda reply to Tony when he asks if he is invited?
(a) That she has already declined for him.
(b) That she would love him to come to London.
(d) That he was not invited.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Beaver do for a living?
2. What is John Beaver's career status?
3. What kind of hints does Brenda make to Marjorie?
4. Where is Brenda staying?
5. Of what does Brenda convince Tony?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)