|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what party specifically do Brenda and Marjorie speak?
(a) Polly Cracker's party.
(b) Polly Cockpurse's upcoming party.
(c) No party in particular.
(d) Pauline Cockell's party.
2. Who joins Tony and Jock at the club?
(a) Missy and Barbara.
(b) Marjorie and Brenda.
(c) Milly and Babs.
(d) John and Oliver.
3. What does Marjorie solicit of Jock?
(a) His opinion about Brenda's affair with John.
(b) His opinion about her new beau.
(c) The promise of an escort to an upcoming ball.
(d) A loan.
4. Where does Tony end up after the get together?
(a) He goes to London to confront John.
(b) In Brenda's room.
(c) He ends up in the cook's daughter's room.
(d) In Marjorie's room.
5. What does Tony decide to do?
(a) Get to know Mrs. Rafferty better.
(b) Ask Jock about Brenda and John.
(c) Not allow John Andrew to do the hunt this year.
(d) Write Brenda a letter.
6. Why does Tony call and awaken Brenda?
(a) To tell her he is leaving her.
(b) To tell her how much he loves her.
(c) To tell her how much he misses her.
(d) To tell her he won't come to her apartment after all.
7. What does Brenda say she is going to do to give her an excuse to be in London?
(a) Help her mother who is ill.
(b) Help her sister who just had twins.
(c) Get a personal trainer.
(d) Take an economics class.
8. Who believes the Abbey exhibits poor taste?
(a) The Duke of Yorkton.
(b) Most of the Last family members.
(c) No one.
(d) The Abbey curator.
9. How does Brenda put off Tony's attentions later that night?
(a) Claims that Tony does not really love her.
(b) Says she promised John Andrew he could stay in with her.
(c) Says she is too far along in her pregnancy.
(d) Claims of fatigue.
10. Who has tea with Brenda and Polly?
(b) John Andrew.
11. Who must Brenda consult about the rental?
(d) Her mother.
12. What does Brenda wonder about her visit with Mrs. Beaver?
(a) If John will be there.
(b) If Mrs. Beaver knows her trade.
(c) If John lives in the same household as his mother.
(d) If Mrs. Beaver will consent to come to Marjorie's house for the meeting.
13. Who seems to delight in spreading gossip about Brenda?
(d) Mrs. Beaver.
14. To whom is Mrs. Beaver speaking?
(a) Her son, John.
(b) Her daughter.
(d) Her husband.
15. Why is John disappointed with the phone call?
(a) He is told he should find other friends.
(b) He is not invited to the opera as he was expecting.
(c) He is not invited to a luncheon he was hoping to go to.
(d) He was hoping to meet Lady Morganthau's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brenda doing when this chapter opens?
2. What is Brenda plotting?
3. Who calls and leaves a message for Tony but will not speak to him?
4. Where does John next encounter Brenda?
5. Why is Jock uncomfortable with Tony at first?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)