|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Brenda give Tony for bringing along her friends?
(a) To hope Tony becomes interested in one of the women.
(b) To help them get away from the stress of London.
(d) To get their opinion on redecorating.
2. What is Mrs. Beaver's response to John deciding not to see Brenda anymore?
(a) She encourages him to think otherwise.
(b) She has no opinion about the matter.
(c) She is happy because Brenda is married.
(d) She is angry because he is only thinking of himself.
3. Why does Tony lash out at his son?
(a) Because he starts crying for his mama.
(b) Because he says he hates Tony.
(c) Because he spills milk on the table.
(d) Because he is disappointed at not seeing Brenda.
4. What is Brenda doing when this chapter opens?
(a) Playing polo.
(b) Supervising the installing of carpet in her den.
(c) Getting ready to go to dinner.
(d) Sailing on the Thames.
5. What is Brenda plotting?
(a) Being able to end her marriage legally adn to her best advantage.
(b) Matching Tony up with another woman.
(c) Getting half of Tony's money.
(d) Getting Tony to leave England for an extended period of time.
6. Who entertains John while Tony is out of the house?
(a) Brenda's mother.
(d) Tony's mother.
7. Who do Tony and Jock decide to go?
(a) To Marjorie's house.
(b) Back to Hetton Abbey.
(c) To another Gentleman's Club.
(d) To a "low" joint where they can drink the rest if the night.
8. What is John Andrew doing?
(a) Jumping with his pony.
(b) Pruning the roses.
(c) Visiting Tony.
(d) Visiting Brenda.
9. Why is Tony annoyed?
(a) That John Beaver takes Tony's offer to see the house seriously.
(b) That they have to go to a dinner engagement that evening.
(c) That Brenda is not paying him any attention.
(d) That he can hear the gardeners arguing.
10. What does Brenda find unbearable?
(a) Tony's anger and abuse.
(b) Not getting to London very often.
(c) Being a mother.
(d) Being around Tony's relatives.
11. What does Allan do?
(a) He is a labor leader and political candidate.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He manages a large department store.
(d) He lives off an inheritance.
12. Where is Brenda staying?
(a) At Marjorie's home.
(b) At her parents' home.
(c) In a motel in London.
(d) At her sister's home.
13. What kind of hints does Brenda make to Marjorie?
(a) That Brenda needs Marjorie to do her a big favor.
(b) That her son is moving to London.
(c) That she wants to divorce Tony.
(d) About her interest in John Beaver.
14. What is John Beaver's age?
15. How does Tony feel around Jenny?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tony disappointed about a note he receives?
2. What excuse does Brenda use to miss the annual event?
3. About what does Tony talk to Jock?
4. Where is Hetton Abbey?
5. Who comes to a small get together that Brenda arranges?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)