|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Brenda meeting Marjorie later?
(a) At the theater.
(b) At Marjorie's home.
(c) At the opera.
(d) At Polly's party.
2. What is nice about the Brat's Club for men like John?
(a) Younger men could enjoy drinking and cards without the traditional older man stigma.
(b) You do not have to be titled to go there.
(c) It is inexpensive.
(d) It has a wide array of social circles.
3. How does Brenda confront John?
(a) She does not confront his lie; she just decides never to see him again.
(b) By calling him on a lie.
(c) By slapping him.
(d) By pointing out a social impropriety.
4. What is Jenny's response to the house?
(a) She has no particular opinion.
(b) She thinks it needs total revamping.
(c) She abhors it.
(d) She loves it.
5. Why does Brenda wish Tony wanted to go to the party?
(a) She does not want to go and wishes Tony would go and represent their family.
(b) She wants to show off her handsome husband.
(c) She does not want to go alone.
(d) She wants to become more involved with Charity groups and wants Tony to make some contacts among the upper class men.
6. Why is John annoyed with Brenda?
(a) He is not annoyed, but rather infatuated.
(b) She makes a joke about him in front of others.
(c) She won't allow him to kiss her.
(d) She leaves him alone to fend for himself at Polly's party.
7. What is Brenda plotting?
(a) Getting Tony to leave England for an extended period of time.
(b) Being able to end her marriage legally adn to her best advantage.
(c) Matching Tony up with another woman.
(d) Getting half of Tony's money.
8. How does Marjorie feel about John Beaver?
(a) She mistrusts him.
(b) She thinks he's wonderful.
(c) She's never met him.
(d) She dislikes him.
9. Who is John Andrew?
(a) Tony's brother.
(b) Brenda's brother.
(c) The Lasts' son.
(d) Tony's gardner.
10. What does John tell his mother as to why he won't see Brenda anymore?
(a) She is married.
(b) She insulted him at the party.
(c) She despises him.
(d) She costs too much to entertain.
11. Why does Brenda send Jenny Abdul Akbar ahead to Hetton?
(a) So maybe Tony will feel attracted to her.
(b) All three women come to the estate together.
(c) Because she can get away from London sooner that the others.
(d) Brenda is hoping to catch Tony in a compromising position.
12. How does Brenda put off Tony's attentions later that night?
(a) Claims that Tony does not really love her.
(b) Says she is too far along in her pregnancy.
(c) Claims of fatigue.
(d) Says she promised John Andrew he could stay in with her.
13. Where does Tony end up after the get together?
(a) He ends up in the cook's daughter's room.
(b) In Marjorie's room.
(c) In Brenda's room.
(d) He goes to London to confront John.
14. Who is still "in the dark" about Brenda's affair?
(a) No one.
(b) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
15. What is John Beaver's career status?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He works as a bank teller.
(c) He is unemployed.
(d) He is a soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tony feel around Jenny?
2. What does Tony decide to do?
3. What is John Beaver's age?
4. What does Brenda find unbearable?
5. What happens to John Andew?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)