|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Rattery look as she emerges from the plane?
(a) A no-nonsense kind of nanny.
(b) A busty showgirl type.
(c) A tall woman in overalls.
(d) A short, petite matronly type.
2. Why does Tony feel guilty the next day?
(a) For abandoning his son.
(b) For calling Brenda unkind names.
(c) For hitting John when Tony is drunk.
(d) For behaving in a foolish manner toward Brenda.
3. Where is Brenda staying?
(a) In a motel in London.
(b) At her parents' home.
(c) At Marjorie's home.
(d) At her sister's home.
4. What does John learn when he returns home from the club?
(a) His has been invited to the luncheon.
(b) His mother is leaving to give a show in the States.
(c) His wife is divorcing him.
(d) His son is very ill.
5. With what is the London social scene buzzing?
(a) News of Parliament's voiding a tax law.
(b) News of John Beaver's engagment to a young Scotswoman.
(c) News of Tony's death.
(d) News of Brenda's affair.
6. Who does Tony invite to Hetton?
(a) No one.
(c) John Beaver.
7. To whom is Mrs. Beaver speaking?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her son, John.
(c) Her daughter.
8. Where does John encounter Tony?
(a) At Hetton Abbey.
(b) At the Brat's Club.
(c) At Marjorie's home.
(d) At the London opera.
9. What title does the Prince of Morocco hold?
(a) The Moulay.
(b) The Highest of Allah's minions.
(d) The Mousley.
10. What does Marjorie solicit of Jock?
(a) His opinion about Brenda's affair with John.
(b) A loan.
(c) His opinion about her new beau.
(d) The promise of an escort to an upcoming ball.
11. Who do Tony and Jock decide to go?
(a) To a "low" joint where they can drink the rest if the night.
(b) To another Gentleman's Club.
(c) Back to Hetton Abbey.
(d) To Marjorie's house.
12. What does Brenda say she is going to do to give her an excuse to be in London?
(a) Help her mother who is ill.
(b) Take an economics class.
(c) Get a personal trainer.
(d) Help her sister who just had twins.
13. Why does Tony lash out at his son?
(a) Because he starts crying for his mama.
(b) Because he says he hates Tony.
(c) Because he spills milk on the table.
(d) Because he is disappointed at not seeing Brenda.
14. Why is John annoyed with Brenda?
(a) She leaves him alone to fend for himself at Polly's party.
(b) She won't allow him to kiss her.
(c) She makes a joke about him in front of others.
(d) He is not annoyed, but rather infatuated.
15. What does Brenda reply to Tony when he asks if he is invited?
(b) That she has already declined for him.
(c) That he was not invited.
(d) That she would love him to come to London.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Brenda meeting Marjorie later?
2. To where does Tony invite John Andrew?
3. Who is John Andrew?
4. Where is Hetton Abbey?
5. Why is Tony disappointed about a note he receives?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)