|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In spite of what is John at home when Brenda comes to meet with his mother?
(a) A polo match.
(b) Two invitations.
(c) A chess tournament at the Fieldings Club.
(d) A tournament at the Brat's Club.
2. Who seems to be the only person concerned about Brenda's affair with John Beaver?
(a) The cook.
3. Where does John next encounter Brenda?
(a) On a boat ride on the Thames.
(b) At a lunch at Margot's home.
(c) At the London museum.
(d) At Marjorie's home.
4. What is Brenda doing when this chapter opens?
(a) Sailing on the Thames.
(b) Supervising the installing of carpet in her den.
(c) Getting ready to go to dinner.
(d) Playing polo.
5. Who do Tony and Jock decide to go?
(a) Back to Hetton Abbey.
(b) To a "low" joint where they can drink the rest if the night.
(c) To another Gentleman's Club.
(d) To Marjorie's house.
6. What is Brenda plotting?
(a) Being able to end her marriage legally adn to her best advantage.
(b) Getting Tony to leave England for an extended period of time.
(c) Getting half of Tony's money.
(d) Matching Tony up with another woman.
7. Where is Brenda staying?
(a) In a motel in London.
(b) At her sister's home.
(c) At Marjorie's home.
(d) At her parents' home.
8. Why doesn't Brenda allow John to come in to where she is staying after the party?
(a) It is too late.
(b) She is tired of him.
(c) She thinks he is too childish.
(d) She is married.
9. What does Brenda wonder about her visit with Mrs. Beaver?
(a) If Mrs. Beaver knows her trade.
(b) If John lives in the same household as his mother.
(c) If John will be there.
(d) If Mrs. Beaver will consent to come to Marjorie's house for the meeting.
10. How does Brenda put off Tony's attentions later that night?
(a) Says she promised John Andrew he could stay in with her.
(b) Says she is too far along in her pregnancy.
(c) Claims of fatigue.
(d) Claims that Tony does not really love her.
11. How does Mrs. Rattery arrive at Hetton?
(a) By horseback.
(b) By a plane she pilots herself.
(c) By boat.
(d) By rail.
12. From whom does John receive a phone call?
(a) Lady Tipping.
(b) Lady Morganthau.
(c) The Duchess of Wales.
(d) Lord Lasterly.
13. In what style was the Abbey rebuilt?
14. Who is Mrs. Rattery?
(a) Jock's date for the hunt.
(b) A young Swedish widow.
(c) A well-known British author.
(d) Jock's sister who comes for the hunt.
15. What does Tony tell his kitchen staff?
(a) That he no longer wants an evening meal.
(b) That they are to take a vacation.
(c) That the food has been excellent and to keep up the good work.
(d) That he will take his meals in the library when Brenda is out of town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes with Brenda to Hetton?
2. What happens to cause Thunderclap to bolt?
3. How does Mrs. Rattery look as she emerges from the plane?
4. Who does Tony invite to Hetton?
5. Who does Tony invite to the hunt?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)