|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brenda find unbearable?
(a) Not getting to London very often.
(b) Being a mother.
(c) Tony's anger and abuse.
(d) Being around Tony's relatives.
2. To whom is Mrs. Beaver speaking?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her son, John.
(d) Her daughter.
3. What does Brenda wonder about her visit with Mrs. Beaver?
(a) If Mrs. Beaver will consent to come to Marjorie's house for the meeting.
(b) If John will be there.
(c) If Mrs. Beaver knows her trade.
(d) If John lives in the same household as his mother.
4. Why does Brenda send Jenny Abdul Akbar ahead to Hetton?
(a) All three women come to the estate together.
(b) So maybe Tony will feel attracted to her.
(c) Because she can get away from London sooner that the others.
(d) Brenda is hoping to catch Tony in a compromising position.
5. Who comes to a small get together that Brenda arranges?
(a) Jock, Marjorie, Allan, and another married couple they know.
(b) Jock, Marjorie, John Beaver and Allan.
(c) Marjorie, Brenda's mother and sister.
(d) Allan and John Beaver.
6. How does Mrs. Rattery look as she emerges from the plane?
(a) A tall woman in overalls.
(b) A busty showgirl type.
(c) A short, petite matronly type.
(d) A no-nonsense kind of nanny.
7. When does Tony expect Brenda to be back at Hetton?
(a) Not for several weeks.
(d) On Friday.
8. How do the Christmas holidays go at Hetton?
(a) Tony and Brenda fight and decide to split.
(b) They are the usual traditions.
(c) Tony and Brenda refind their love during the season.
(d) The Last family traditionally do not celebrate the Christmas holidays.
9. Who is Mrs. Rattery?
(a) A well-known British author.
(b) A young Swedish widow.
(c) Jock's date for the hunt.
(d) Jock's sister who comes for the hunt.
10. Who seems to be the only person concerned about Brenda's affair with John Beaver?
(d) The cook.
11. What does John tell his mother as to why he won't see Brenda anymore?
(a) She costs too much to entertain.
(b) She despises him.
(c) She insulted him at the party.
(d) She is married.
12. Why does John initially decline Brenda's request that he escort her to a party?
(a) It will be boring.
(b) He is not of their social standing.
(c) It will be expensive.
(d) He is not invited.
13. What is John Andrew doing?
(a) Visiting Brenda.
(b) Pruning the roses.
(c) Visiting Tony.
(d) Jumping with his pony.
14. What excuse does Brenda use to miss the annual event?
(b) Her sister's wedding.
(d) Her mother's birthday.
15. What kind of hints does Brenda make to Marjorie?
(a) That her son is moving to London.
(b) That Brenda needs Marjorie to do her a big favor.
(c) That she wants to divorce Tony.
(d) About her interest in John Beaver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is particularly taken with Jenny?
2. Who is Allan?
3. Who is John Andrew?
4. What is John Beaver's career status?
5. In what style was the Abbey rebuilt?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)