|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Beaver's response to John deciding not to see Brenda anymore?
(a) She is happy because Brenda is married.
(b) She encourages him to think otherwise.
(c) She has no opinion about the matter.
(d) She is angry because he is only thinking of himself.
2. What is Jenny's response to the house?
(a) She has no particular opinion.
(b) She abhors it.
(c) She thinks it needs total revamping.
(d) She loves it.
3. Why does Brenda send Jenny Abdul Akbar ahead to Hetton?
(a) Because she can get away from London sooner that the others.
(b) Brenda is hoping to catch Tony in a compromising position.
(c) So maybe Tony will feel attracted to her.
(d) All three women come to the estate together.
4. What is John Beaver's career status?
(a) He is unemployed.
(b) He is a soldier.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He works as a bank teller.
5. Why is John disappointed with the phone call?
(a) He was hoping to meet Lady Morganthau's daughter.
(b) He is not invited to a luncheon he was hoping to go to.
(c) He is told he should find other friends.
(d) He is not invited to the opera as he was expecting.
6. What happens to John Andew?
(a) He is basically unharmed; just bruised.
(b) He is paralyzed.
(c) He breaks an arm and leg.
(d) He is thrown and killed.
7. How do others feel about John at the party?
(a) They despise him.
(b) They do not particularly like him.
(c) They think he's quite witty and charming.
(d) They are indifferent.
8. What reason does Brenda give Tony for bringing along her friends?
(a) To hope Tony becomes interested in one of the women.
(c) To get their opinion on redecorating.
(d) To help them get away from the stress of London.
9. In spite of what is John at home when Brenda comes to meet with his mother?
(a) A chess tournament at the Fieldings Club.
(b) A polo match.
(c) A tournament at the Brat's Club.
(d) Two invitations.
10. What is Jenny's official title?
(a) Her majesty Jenny Abdul Akbar.
(b) Lady Princess Abdul Akbar.
(c) Her grace Jenny Abdul Akbar.
(d) Princess Abdul Akbar.
11. From whom does John receive a phone call?
(a) Lady Tipping.
(b) Lord Lasterly.
(c) Lady Morganthau.
(d) The Duchess of Wales.
12. What does Brenda say in a note to Tony?
(a) That she is not returning to Hetton.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she has important news for him.
(d) That she will be there on Saturday rather than Friday.
13. Where is John planning to spend the weekend?
(a) At the shore.
(b) At the home of Tony and Brenda Last.
(c) In London.
14. What does Brenda invite John to do?
(a) To meet her best friend who lives in London.
(b) To stay another night.
(c) To come hear the village's barbershop quartet.
(d) To go to the opera in London next time she is there.
15. About what does Mrs. Beaver brag?
(a) Her business success.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her fashion design abilities.
(d) Her daughter's upcoming marriage to a Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is particularly taken with Jenny?
2. What does Allan do?
3. Who comes to a small get together that Brenda arranges?
4. What opinion does John offer about Brenda?
5. What do Tony and John do after lunch?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)