|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who must Brenda consult about the rental?
(d) Her mother.
2. Where is John planning to spend the weekend?
(a) At the home of Tony and Brenda Last.
(b) At the shore.
(c) In London.
3. What is John Beaver's age?
4. Why does Tony lash out at his son?
(a) Because he spills milk on the table.
(b) Because he says he hates Tony.
(c) Because he is disappointed at not seeing Brenda.
(d) Because he starts crying for his mama.
5. In spite of what is John at home when Brenda comes to meet with his mother?
(a) A chess tournament at the Fieldings Club.
(b) Two invitations.
(c) A polo match.
(d) A tournament at the Brat's Club.
6. What does Brenda wonder about her visit with Mrs. Beaver?
(a) If Mrs. Beaver will consent to come to Marjorie's house for the meeting.
(b) If Mrs. Beaver knows her trade.
(c) If John lives in the same household as his mother.
(d) If John will be there.
7. What does Brenda reply to Tony when he asks if he is invited?
(a) That she would love him to come to London.
(b) That she has already declined for him.
(d) That he was not invited.
8. What lifts Brenda's spirits?
(a) John calls her back and accepts her invitation.
(b) She is pregnant again.
(c) Tony is especially loving that night.
(d) John calls her and says he can't stop thinking of her.
9. When Brenda finally communicates with Tony, what does she tell him?
(a) That John Andrew is to be sent to her.
(b) That she is divorcing Tony.
(c) That she will be visiting that weekend.
(d) That she is in love with another man.
10. What is John Andrew doing?
(a) Pruning the roses.
(b) Jumping with his pony.
(c) Visiting Tony.
(d) Visiting Brenda.
11. Who is John Andrew?
(a) Tony's gardner.
(b) Tony's brother.
(c) The Lasts' son.
(d) Brenda's brother.
12. How does Brenda do at Polly's party?
(a) She raises a ruckus about a man who made an advance on her.
(b) She decides not to go.
(c) She merges into her social circle with ease.
(d) She is ill at ease and anxious.
13. Who calls and leaves a message for Tony but will not speak to him?
(c) Mrs. Beaver.
14. Where does Tony end up after the get together?
(a) He goes to London to confront John.
(b) In Marjorie's room.
(c) In Brenda's room.
(d) He ends up in the cook's daughter's room.
15. Who entertains John while Tony is out of the house?
(c) Brenda's mother.
(d) Tony's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John next encounter Brenda?
2. How does Brenda put off Tony's attentions later that night?
3. Why does Tony call and awaken Brenda?
4. What does Mrs. Beaver do for a living?
5. What is Brenda plotting?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)