Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does John encounter Tony?
(a) At the London opera.
(b) At Hetton Abbey.
(c) At Marjorie's home.
(d) At the Brat's Club.
2. What does Marjorie solicit of Jock?
(a) The promise of an escort to an upcoming ball.
(b) His opinion about her new beau.
(c) A loan.
(d) His opinion about Brenda's affair with John.
3. Why is Jock uncomfortable with Tony at first?
(a) Because Jock is jealous of John.
(b) Because Jock flirts too much with Brenda.
(c) Because of John's affair with Brenda.
(d) Because Jock and Tony grew up together and have always been a little uncomfortable with each other.
4. Who believes the Abbey exhibits poor taste?
(a) No one.
(b) The Abbey curator.
(c) The Duke of Yorkton.
(d) Most of the Last family members.
5. Who does Tony invite to the hunt?
(c) Marjorie's brother.
6. How often is Brenda communicating with Tony?
(a) Several times a week.
(b) Twice a day.
(d) Every day.
7. Why does Tony get up earlier than usual the next morning?
(a) To see off John.
(b) To drive John to London.
(c) To take his son to the circus.
(d) To make his wife breakfast.
8. Why does Brenda wish Tony wanted to go to the party?
(a) She wants to show off her handsome husband.
(b) She wants to become more involved with Charity groups and wants Tony to make some contacts among the upper class men.
(c) She does not want to go alone.
(d) She does not want to go and wishes Tony would go and represent their family.
9. Where is Brenda staying?
(a) At her parents' home.
(b) At Marjorie's home.
(c) In a motel in London.
(d) At her sister's home.
10. When does Tony expect Brenda to be back at Hetton?
(a) Not for several weeks.
(d) On Friday.
11. How does Brenda do at Polly's party?
(a) She decides not to go.
(b) She merges into her social circle with ease.
(c) She is ill at ease and anxious.
(d) She raises a ruckus about a man who made an advance on her.
12. Why does Tony feel guilty the next day?
(a) For hitting John when Tony is drunk.
(b) For abandoning his son.
(c) For calling Brenda unkind names.
(d) For behaving in a foolish manner toward Brenda.
13. Why does John initially decline Brenda's request that he escort her to a party?
(a) It will be boring.
(b) It will be expensive.
(c) He is not of their social standing.
(d) He is not invited.
14. Who seems to delight in spreading gossip about Brenda?
(d) Mrs. Beaver.
15. What does Tony do for the women?
(a) Saddles their horses for a morning ride.
(b) Makes breakfast.
(c) Picks flowers.
(d) Takes John Andrew out so his noise won't wake them too early.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brenda wonder about her visit with Mrs. Beaver?
2. What does Tony decide to do?
3. What does Brenda reply to Tony when he asks if he is invited?
4. About what party specifically do Brenda and Marjorie speak?
5. Why is Tony disappointed about a note he receives?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)