|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has come to the station to meet Tony?
(b) John Beaver.
(d) John Andrew.
2. What is John Beaver's career status?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is unemployed.
(c) He is a soldier.
(d) He works as a bank teller.
3. How do others feel about John at the party?
(a) They are indifferent.
(b) They do not particularly like him.
(c) They think he's quite witty and charming.
(d) They despise him.
4. Who wants to know how to find Jock Grant-Menzies?
(a) Lady Tipping.
(b) No one.
(c) John's mother.
(d) Lord Last.
5. How do the Christmas holidays go at Hetton?
(a) Tony and Brenda refind their love during the season.
(b) They are the usual traditions.
(c) Tony and Brenda fight and decide to split.
(d) The Last family traditionally do not celebrate the Christmas holidays.
6. What lifts Brenda's spirits?
(a) She is pregnant again.
(b) Tony is especially loving that night.
(c) John calls her back and accepts her invitation.
(d) John calls her and says he can't stop thinking of her.
7. What annoys Tony about the three women who join Brenda at the estate?
(a) They giggle all the time.
(b) They drink wine with breakfast.
(c) They criticize parts of the decor and architecture of the estate.
(d) They treat John Andrew like a baby.
8. Where is Angela's home that Tony and Brenda visit?
9. What does Tony do for the women?
(a) Saddles their horses for a morning ride.
(b) Makes breakfast.
(c) Picks flowers.
(d) Takes John Andrew out so his noise won't wake them too early.
10. Why does John Andrew refuse Tony's invitation?
(a) He misses his mother.
(b) He is still angry from the time when he meets Tony at the train station.
(c) He has decided the place if for babies.
(d) He is tired.
11. What does Brenda suggest to Tony?
(a) That John may prove to be quite entertaining.
(b) That John needs them to help him regain his social status.
(c) That Tony is being a little harsh on poor John.
(d) That they put John up in the worst room of the house.
12. In spite of what is John at home when Brenda comes to meet with his mother?
(a) A polo match.
(b) A chess tournament at the Fieldings Club.
(c) Two invitations.
(d) A tournament at the Brat's Club.
13. Who is John Andrew?
(a) Tony's gardner.
(b) The Lasts' son.
(c) Brenda's brother.
(d) Tony's brother.
14. Who is Allan?
(a) Marjorie's husband.
(b) Marjorie's son.
(c) Brenda's brother.
(d) Brenda's stepfather.
15. Why is Tony disappointed about a note he receives?
(a) John Beaver says he cannot make it to Hetton that weekend.
(b) Jock says he cannot make it to Hetton that weekend.
(c) James says he cannot make it to Hetton that weekend.
(d) The cook says she cannot be ready for the formal luncheon without more staff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brenda visit in London?
2. How does Mrs. Rattery arrive at Hetton?
3. With what is the London social scene buzzing?
4. To whom is Mrs. Beaver speaking?
5. Where does John encounter Tony?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)