|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John initially decline Brenda's request that he escort her to a party?
(a) He is not of their social standing.
(b) He is not invited.
(c) It will be boring.
(d) It will be expensive.
2. What does Tony tell his kitchen staff?
(a) That the food has been excellent and to keep up the good work.
(b) That he no longer wants an evening meal.
(c) That he will take his meals in the library when Brenda is out of town.
(d) That they are to take a vacation.
3. Why does John Andrew refuse Tony's invitation?
(a) He has decided the place if for babies.
(b) He is tired.
(c) He misses his mother.
(d) He is still angry from the time when he meets Tony at the train station.
4. Where does John encounter Tony?
(a) At Marjorie's home.
(b) At the London opera.
(c) At Hetton Abbey.
(d) At the Brat's Club.
5. Who is Allan?
(a) Marjorie's son.
(b) Marjorie's husband.
(c) Brenda's stepfather.
(d) Brenda's brother.
6. What kind of hints does Brenda make to Marjorie?
(a) About her interest in John Beaver.
(b) That her son is moving to London.
(c) That she wants to divorce Tony.
(d) That Brenda needs Marjorie to do her a big favor.
7. What does Brenda say she is going to do to give her an excuse to be in London?
(a) Help her sister who just had twins.
(b) Get a personal trainer.
(c) Take an economics class.
(d) Help her mother who is ill.
8. What title does the Prince of Morocco hold?
(a) The Highest of Allah's minions.
(c) The Mousley.
(d) The Moulay.
9. Where does John next encounter Brenda?
(a) At the London museum.
(b) At Marjorie's home.
(c) At a lunch at Margot's home.
(d) On a boat ride on the Thames.
10. What annoys Tony about the three women who join Brenda at the estate?
(a) They giggle all the time.
(b) They treat John Andrew like a baby.
(c) They criticize parts of the decor and architecture of the estate.
(d) They drink wine with breakfast.
11. Who has come to the station to meet Tony?
(a) John Andrew.
(d) John Beaver.
12. Why does Brenda meet with Mrs. Beaver?
(a) To go over details of renting a flat in London.
(b) To learn more about John.
(c) To try to encounter John.
(d) To tell her that John needs to leave Brenda alone.
13. Who has tea with Brenda and Polly?
(d) John Andrew.
14. How does John remain connected to the upper class?
(a) By his wife.
(b) Through invitation.
(c) By his brother-in-law.
(d) Through his grandmother.
15. What does Marjorie solicit of Jock?
(a) A loan.
(b) His opinion about her new beau.
(c) The promise of an escort to an upcoming ball.
(d) His opinion about Brenda's affair with John.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Rattery arrive at Hetton?
2. How often is Brenda communicating with Tony?
3. Who wants to know how to find Jock Grant-Menzies?
4. What is Jenny's official title?
5. Why is John disappointed with the phone call?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)