Chapter One, Du Cote de Chez Beaver
1. To whom is Mrs. Beaver speaking?
(a) Her son, John.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her daughter.
2. What does Mrs. Beaver do for a living?
(b) Interior decorating and real estate.
(d) Fashion design.
3. Why does Mrs. Beaver no longer have a luxurious lifestyle?
(a) She decides to give it up to help the poor.
(b) She has an affair and her husband divorces her.
(c) She is too much of a spendthrift.
(d) Her husband dies.
4. What is John Beaver's age?
5. What is John Beaver's career status?
(a) He works as a bank teller.
(b) He is a soldier.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is unemployed.
6. How does John remain connected to the upper class?
(a) Through invitation.
(b) By his wife.
(c) By his brother-in-law.
(d) Through his grandmother.
7. Where is John planning to spend the weekend?
(a) At the home of Tony and Brenda Last.
(b) In London.
(c) At the shore.
8. From whom does John receive a phone call?
(a) Lord Lasterly.
(b) Lady Tipping.
(c) The Duchess of Wales.
(d) Lady Morganthau.
This section contains 4,979 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)