|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What technology was revolutionizing warfare in the 14th century?
2. How are the wealthy different from the poor in size of their families?
3. What was Enguerrange III known for?
4. How long did it take to build the castle of Coucy?
5. What happened to the leader who accepted an invitation to parley with Charles of Navarre?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are taxes collected in Coucy?
2. Describe the castle at Coucy.
3. How do people try to protect themselves from the plague?
4. Who are the Pastoreaux?
5. Describe the 14th-century French entertainment that involved cats.
6. Describe Jean II's captivity in England.
7. What is the state of trade in 14th-century France?
8. Describe education in 14th-century France.
9. What is the relationship between the classes like in 14th-century France?
10. How do people explain the presence of the Black Plague?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Italy was hardly ever at war with England or France, but the Italian region was often in turmoil and affected French politics. What was the role of Italy in French and English politics, and how was Italy act its role? What marriage, battles, uprising and policies in Italy affected France and England? Analyze and describe the role of Italian and Vatican politics in France and England.
Essay Topic 2
What was Clisson's role in the French monarchy? Describe his temperament and his effect on French society and military policy. What does Clisson show us about the people who interacted with him?
Essay Topic 3
Religious figures like Catherine of Siena and Pierre de Luxembourg acquired great renown and some power in their religiousness. Mystics sought the same influence by spreading their teachings. Analyze these figures and describe the role of the exceptionally-religious person in society. What was their role? What was their power? How did they influence the people around them?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)