|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did people explain the advent of the plague?
(a) Planetary alignments.
(b) Unpaid debts.
(c) Corruption in the church.
(d) Centralization of power in governments.
2. When did the Dauphin reinstate the chancellors and dismiss the Grand Council?
3. How did people transport things in the 14th century?
(c) Mule trains.
4. What could bastard sons buy from the church in the beginning of the 14th century?
(b) Papers of legitimacy.
(c) Military appointments.
(d) Nobility papers.
5. How did people try to avert the black plague?
(a) By going on the Crusades.
(b) By living underground.
(c) By offering money to the church.
(d) By parading in sackcloth and ashes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organizations thrived during the plague years?
2. Why were music and medicine lumped together in the 14th century?
3. What was Enguerrange III known for?
4. Who are more susceptible to the black plague?
5. How many people can the castle of Coucy house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are taxes collected in Coucy?
2. Describe education in 14th-century France.
3. What is the relationship between the church and science in 14th-century France?
4. What does Dauphin Charles ordain during Jean II's captivity?
5. How does the plague affect Europe's economy and society?
6. How are the Jews treated in 14th-century France?
7. Who are the Pastoreaux?
8. What is the relationship between the king and the church in 14th-century France?
9. What is the relationship between the classes like in 14th-century France?
10. How is love practiced in 14th-century France?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)