|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did people try to avert the black plague?
(a) By offering money to the church.
(b) By living underground.
(c) By parading in sackcloth and ashes.
(d) By going on the Crusades.
2. What became of Enguerrand's son, Thomas?
(a) He was murdered.
(b) He was excommunicated.
(c) He became a good leader.
(d) He was executed.
3. What organizations thrived during the plague years?
(a) Mystical sects.
(b) Labor unions.
4. Who was exempt from taxation?
(a) Men of the sword.
(d) People with only one estate.
5. How were the dead buried who died of the plague?
(a) In shallow graves.
(b) In expensive mausoleums.
(c) In individual graves.
(d) In centralized cemetaries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Coucy in 1197?
2. Where are young women taught?
3. Where are the sons of the poor sent when they reach an age to learn a trade?
4. How did Philip the Fair prove his claims of heresy against the Templars?
5. When did Jean II face an English invasion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jean II's captivity in England.
2. How is love practiced in 14th-century France?
3. What is the state of trade in 14th-century France?
4. Describe the castle at Coucy.
5. Describe the reputation of the estate at Coucy.
6. What is the relationship between the military and money?
7. Describe Jean II's ascent to the throne and his war with the English.
8. Describe the role and status of the church in 14th-century France.
9. How are women seen in 14th-century France?
10. Describe education in 14th-century France.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)