|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the 14th century begin?
(a) With a population increase.
(b) With a plague.
(c) With increases in agricultural production.
(d) With large-scale wars.
2. What belief among the people allowed the church to maintain its position and make money?
(a) The idea that serving the church in the military would give you the chance to earn grace.
(b) The idea that opposing the church would automatically send you to hell.
(c) The idea that giving to the church would save you from troubles in this life.
(d) The idea that paying alms earns you a place in Heaven.
3. What happened to the leader who accepted an invitation to parley with Charles of Navarre?
(a) He was exiled.
(b) He was captured and executed.
(c) He was turned into a double agent who betrayed the peasants.
(d) He negotiated a peaceful conclusion to hostilities.
4. What idea began to catch on as the plague swept Europe?
5. Who was Pope in the beginning of the 14th century?
(a) Clement III.
(b) Clement V.
(c) Phillip VI.
(d) John XXII.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Dauphin reinstate the chancellors and dismiss the Grand Council?
2. Where are young women taught?
3. What did the Third Estate accomplish while Jean II was a captive of the English?
4. How did wealthy people display their wealth in the 14th century?
5. When did Jean II face an English invasion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are taxes collected in Coucy?
2. Who are the Pastoreaux?
3. What does Dauphin Charles ordain during Jean II's captivity?
4. What is the relationship between the classes like in 14th-century France?
5. What is the relation of the king to the nobles?
6. What is the relationship between the rich and poor in 14th-century France?
7. What was the relationship between the church and the Knights Templar?
8. How are women seen in 14th-century France?
9. What is the relationship between the military and money?
10. Describe the role and status of the church in 14th-century France.
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)