|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Pope Urban govern Italy from?
2. How many religious holidays did workers have to observe a year?
3. When did England and France have a one-year peace?
4. What caused the bourgeoisie to come to a peaceful settlement in regard to the King's tax policy?
(a) The death of the female heir to the throne.
(b) A disastrous battle of Ghent.
(c) The death of Enguerrand.
(d) The defeat of the Flemish at Lys.
5. Whom does Enguerrard recommend when Charles nominates him for Constable?
(c) Someone more familiar with Brittany.
6. What did the commoners do when King Charles died?
7. Who ruled Italy after the fall of the Roman Empire?
(a) King Charles.
(c) The French.
8. What responsibility did Coucy assume when King Charles died?
(a) He assumed responsibility for Coucy.
(b) He became England's embassador to France.
(c) He was charged with capturing Hawkwood.
(d) He commanded the forces at Picardy.
9. Who was appointed Captain-General of the pope's forces in 1371?
(d) Gregory XI.
10. What does Leopold suggest that people do, in towns threatened by Enguerrand?
(a) Arm themselves against the invaders and fight in the streets.
(b) Stay in their homes.
(c) Turn their churches into forts.
(d) Take their possessions and retreat.
11. What did King Edward's daughter decide on her way to her wedding?
(a) To become a poetess.
(b) To become a nun.
(c) To run away.
(d) Not to get married.
12. Under what condition was sex permitted in the mid-fourteenth century?
13. What did Philip van Artevelde order in Ghent when there were revolts?
(a) Distribution of food and fixing of prices.
(b) Ordering the townspeople into exile.
(c) Massacre of men and boys.
(d) Raising of taxes.
14. When did Enguerrand marry Isabelle?
15. What territories did Enguerrand want to acquire?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who threatened to come to England with his helmet on and 60,000 men?
2. How does Enguerrand resolve his conflicting obligations?
3. Charles of Navarre is arrested under suspicion of what?
4. Who assumes the Papacy after Gregory?
5. What were many people waiting for during the plague years?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)