|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the commoners do when King Charles died?
2. What did the Black Prince order his people to do in Limoges?
(a) Take possession of the library and art collections.
(b) Destroy the town and slaughter the people.
(c) Collect taxes.
(d) Open a Roman Catholic school.
3. What turn of events allowed Enguerrand's forces to defeat Visconti's?
(a) Enguerrand's forces received last-minute reinforcements.
(b) Visconti's mercenaries turned to looting.
(c) Enguerrand paid Visconti's forces not to fight or to fight against Visconti.
(d) Visconti's forces were pushed into the lake.
4. Who threatened to come to England with his helmet on and 60,000 men?
(a) The Green Count.
(b) Edward, the Black Knight.
(c) Pope Gregory XI.
(d) Philip of Spain.
5. What territories did Enguerrand want to acquire?
6. How was sex handled in King Edward's culture?
(a) It was treated openly in poems.
(b) It was an open secret, but it was not spoken about in polite society.
(c) Sex was discussed openly among initiates.
(d) All mention of sex was forbidden in society.
7. When does Gregory return to Rome?
8. What were many people waiting for during the plague years?
(a) The end of time.
(b) Total war.
(c) Papal intercession.
(d) A cure for the plague.
9. How do the Saracens propose to settle the conflict with France?
(a) In full warfare.
(b) By siege.
(c) In single combat.
(d) They want ten men from each side to fight.
10. What did Gerard Groote found?
(a) The Brethren of the Common.
(b) The Knights Templar.
(c) The Saracens.
(d) The Freemasons.
11. How does Catherine of Siena serve Christ?
(a) By praying incessantly.
(b) By giving away all her possessions to the poor.
(c) By keeping herself in a constant state of discomfort.
(d) By copying the bible into foreign languages.
12. What did King Edward's daughter decide on her way to her wedding?
(a) To become a nun.
(b) To run away.
(c) To become a poetess.
(d) Not to get married.
13. How many religious holidays did workers have to observe a year?
14. What did England lose when a ship carrying money was sunk in a naval battle?
(a) The loyalty of its troops.
(b) Its secure hold on Aquitaine.
(c) Its naval supremacy.
(d) Its chance of peace with France.
15. How many times was King Edward's first daughter promised in marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ruled Italy after the fall of the Roman Empire?
2. Who began to mint his own money upon news that the King of France was heading to Rome to make peace?
3. How did the Genoese present their request for French military assistance?
4. What did Christine de Pisan write about?
5. Where did Pope Urban govern Italy from?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)