|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Cardinal do when Anjou took the throne?
(a) Fled the country.
(b) Raised money for the government.
(c) Campaigned to have him removed.
(d) Organized a militia.
2. How long does a serf have to work on his master's land to be freed?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Six years.
(d) Seven years.
3. What reason did Enguerrand give for wanting to stop fighting?
(a) He wanted to be made Pope.
(b) He wanted to travel.
(c) He wanted to see to his estate and his business.
(d) He wanted to return to his family.
4. What did Coucy do in 1368?
(a) Coucy granted freedom to 22 towns.
(b) Coucy levied high taxes on his people to pay to be rid of the army passing through.
(c) Coucy marched with an army to Spain.
(d) Coucy returned to England for Enguerrand's marriage.
5. When did Enguerrand marry Isabelle?
6. To whom did Philip de Artevelde offer allegiance after he assumed the Regent?
(a) The Pope.
7. How many times was King Edward's first daughter promised in marriage?
8. Where did Pope Urban govern Italy from?
9. Why was Louis II's marriage to Bernabo Visconti's daughter annulled?
(a) Louis took another wife.
(b) Bernabo fell from power.
(c) Bernabo's daughter committed adultery.
(d) Louis II was killed.
10. What did England lose when a ship carrying money was sunk in a naval battle?
(a) Its chance of peace with France.
(b) Its secure hold on Aquitaine.
(c) The loyalty of its troops.
(d) Its naval supremacy.
11. Who pleaded with the pope for Church reform?
(a) Catherine of Siena.
(c) Archbishop Bari.
12. How did the French try to take the Saracens' city?
(a) By deceit.
(b) By force.
(c) By siege.
(d) By trade.
13. How were the English forces paid during their campaign in France?
(a) In women and slaves.
(b) In pillage.
(c) In land on returning home.
(d) In Spanish gold.
14. What did King Charles focus on as his health began to decline?
(a) Making peace.
(b) Extending his territory.
(c) Winning his wars.
(d) Paying back his debts.
15. What responsibility did Coucy assume when King Charles died?
(a) He assumed responsibility for Coucy.
(b) He became England's embassador to France.
(c) He was charged with capturing Hawkwood.
(d) He commanded the forces at Picardy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gerard Groote found?
2. What was a woman's recourse against a dominant husband?
3. Enguerrand was named as a second in a force that joined Genoa against what country?
4. Why did mobs rush the Jewish quarter of the city?
5. How long after his visit to France did Charles IV die?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)