Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were women portrayed in 14th century literature?
(a) As whores or angels.
(b) As saints.
(c) As unfit and deceptive.
(d) As virtuous and spiritual.
2. What did King Charles focus on as his health began to decline?
(a) Extending his territory.
(b) Paying back his debts.
(c) Making peace.
(d) Winning his wars.
3. What did the Cardinal do when Anjou took the throne?
(a) Raised money for the government.
(b) Fled the country.
(c) Campaigned to have him removed.
(d) Organized a militia.
4. What territory did the King of England send Enguerrand to conquer?
(b) The Loire valley.
(c) Charles of Navarre's lands.
5. How did the Genoese present their request for French military assistance?
(a) As a crusade.
(b) As an inquisition.
(c) As a conquest.
(d) As a holy obligation.
6. Who was appointed Captain-General of the pope's forces in 1371?
(b) Gregory XI.
7. Who pleaded with the pope for Church reform?
(a) Catherine of Siena.
(c) Archbishop Bari.
8. What turn of events allowed Enguerrand's forces to defeat Visconti's?
(a) Enguerrand paid Visconti's forces not to fight or to fight against Visconti.
(b) Visconti's forces were pushed into the lake.
(c) Enguerrand's forces received last-minute reinforcements.
(d) Visconti's mercenaries turned to looting.
9. The papacy after Gregory was disputed between whom?
(a) Urban and Clement.
(b) Clement and Charles.
(c) Gregory and Urban.
10. What did Gerard Groote found?
(a) The Saracens.
(b) The Knights Templar.
(c) The Freemasons.
(d) The Brethren of the Common.
11. Why was Louis II's marriage to Bernabo Visconti's daughter annulled?
(a) Louis II was killed.
(b) Bernabo fell from power.
(c) Louis took another wife.
(d) Bernabo's daughter committed adultery.
12. What city did the papal forces fail to take under Gregory XI?
13. When does Gregory return to Rome?
14. How common was it for women to earn wages?
(a) Women could only work in certain restricted trades.
(b) Only lower-class women could work.
(c) Fairly common.
15. What did Philip van Artevelde order in Ghent when there were revolts?
(a) Raising of taxes.
(b) Ordering the townspeople into exile.
(c) Massacre of men and boys.
(d) Distribution of food and fixing of prices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the bourgeoisie to come to a peaceful settlement in regard to the King's tax policy?
2. Who did Enguerrand ally himself with?
3. How do the Saracens propose to settle the conflict with France?
4. Whom did Enguerrand marry in 1365?
5. How long after his visit to France did Charles IV die?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)