|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after his visit to France did Charles IV die?
(a) Six months.
(b) Eight months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Ten months.
2. What city did the papal forces fail to take under Gregory XI?
3. What did Gerard Groote found?
(a) The Freemasons.
(b) The Knights Templar.
(c) The Saracens.
(d) The Brethren of the Common.
4. How was sex handled in King Edward's culture?
(a) All mention of sex was forbidden in society.
(b) It was an open secret, but it was not spoken about in polite society.
(c) Sex was discussed openly among initiates.
(d) It was treated openly in poems.
5. What did Christine de Pisan write about?
(b) King Arthur.
(d) Joan of Arc.
6. How did Pierre de Luxembourg attain canonization?
(a) By renouncing the flesh at age six.
(b) By bearing the stigmata.
(c) By dying at six.
(d) By healing the sick as a child.
7. Who was the first child of Kind Edward and Queen Philippa?
8. Whom did Enguerrand marry in 1365?
9. What reason did Enguerrand give for wanting to stop fighting?
(a) He wanted to return to his family.
(b) He wanted to travel.
(c) He wanted to see to his estate and his business.
(d) He wanted to be made Pope.
10. Who condemned Enguerrand's sale of dynastic property?
(b) Count Guy de Blois.
(c) Wenceslas IV.
11. What threat confronted people in the countryside of Europe in the 1360s?
(b) Grain shortages.
(c) Labor riots.
(d) Gangs of brigands.
12. How does Enguerrand resolve his conflicting obligations?
(a) He pleads neutrality.
(b) He fights for England and hires a replacement to fight for France.
(c) He fights for England.
(d) He fights for France.
13. What does Leopold suggest that people do, in towns threatened by Enguerrand?
(a) Stay in their homes.
(b) Take their possessions and retreat.
(c) Turn their churches into forts.
(d) Arm themselves against the invaders and fight in the streets.
14. Where did Pope Urban govern Italy from?
15. Who began to mint his own money upon news that the King of France was heading to Rome to make peace?
(a) Wenceslas IV of Bohemia.
(c) The Duke of Brittany.
(d) Count Guy de Blois.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Philip de Artevelde offer allegiance after he assumed the Regent?
2. What responsibility did Coucy assume when King Charles died?
3. How did the French try to take the Saracens' city?
4. Who did Enguerrand ally himself with?
5. Why did mobs rush the Jewish quarter of the city?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)