Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the French reluctant to commit troops as the Genoese wanted?
(a) They were trying to reduce military expenditures.
(b) They were waiting for a peace with England.
(c) They were currently fighting Prussia.
(d) They were currently fighting England.
2. Where does Gregory say Rome is?
(a) Wherever he is.
(b) In the heart of every Roman.
(c) Wherever the pope happens to be.
(d) At the altar of the Vatican.
3. How long after his visit to France did Charles IV die?
(a) Two months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Eight months.
(d) Ten months.
4. What did Philip van Artevelde order in Ghent when there were revolts?
(a) Ordering the townspeople into exile.
(b) Distribution of food and fixing of prices.
(c) Raising of taxes.
(d) Massacre of men and boys.
5. What did Gerard Groote found?
(a) The Knights Templar.
(b) The Freemasons.
(c) The Brethren of the Common.
(d) The Saracens.
6. How do the Saracens propose to settle the conflict with France?
(a) In single combat.
(b) By siege.
(c) They want ten men from each side to fight.
(d) In full warfare.
7. When did England and France have a one-year peace?
8. What does Enguerrand receive in return for ensuring that his men will not pillage?
(a) Land to distribute to his officers.
(b) Payments from the French.
(c) Promises of land.
(d) Payments from the Italians.
9. What did the commoners do when King Charles died?
10. What did King Charles focus on as his health began to decline?
(a) Paying back his debts.
(b) Winning his wars.
(c) Making peace.
(d) Extending his territory.
11. Why did mobs rush the Jewish quarter of the city?
(a) The plague had made people superstitious, and they took it out on the Jews.
(b) Anjou had followed through on Charles's decision not to collect taxes.
(c) Money was in short supply and the mobs rioted.
(d) The Inquisition had made Jews seem threatening.
12. What territory did the King of England send Enguerrand to conquer?
(c) The Loire valley.
(d) Charles of Navarre's lands.
13. How were the English forces paid during their campaign in France?
(a) In Spanish gold.
(b) In pillage.
(c) In land on returning home.
(d) In women and slaves.
14. What book did people typically carry in the courts?
(a) The Old Testament.
(b) Ovid's Metamorphoses.
(c) The Book of Hours.
(d) Caesar's Gallic Wars.
15. Who began to mint his own money upon news that the King of France was heading to Rome to make peace?
(a) The Duke of Brittany.
(c) Count Guy de Blois.
(d) Wenceslas IV of Bohemia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Genoese present their request for French military assistance?
2. How many religious holidays did workers have to observe a year?
3. How were women portrayed in 14th century literature?
4. Whom did the Genoese as for the French to fight with them?
5. Charles of Navarre is arrested under suspicion of what?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)