|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gregory say Rome is?
(a) Wherever he is.
(b) In the heart of every Roman.
(c) At the altar of the Vatican.
(d) Wherever the pope happens to be.
2. How does Catherine of Siena serve Christ?
(a) By copying the bible into foreign languages.
(b) By giving away all her possessions to the poor.
(c) By praying incessantly.
(d) By keeping herself in a constant state of discomfort.
3. What territories did Enguerrand want to acquire?
4. Who condemned Enguerrand's sale of dynastic property?
(b) Wenceslas IV.
(d) Count Guy de Blois.
5. How many guests turned out to welcome Roman Emperor Charles IV?
6. Who assumes the Papacy after Gregory?
(b) Urban VI.
(d) King Charles.
7. What did the commoners do when King Charles died?
8. How long after his visit to France did Charles IV die?
(a) Ten months.
(b) Eight months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two months.
9. Why were the French reluctant to commit troops as the Genoese wanted?
(a) They were trying to reduce military expenditures.
(b) They were currently fighting Prussia.
(c) They were waiting for a peace with England.
(d) They were currently fighting England.
10. What was Enguerrand's relation to the English King?
(c) Son in law.
11. How common was it for women to earn wages?
(a) Only lower-class women could work.
(b) Fairly common.
(c) Women could only work in certain restricted trades.
12. How many times was King Edward's first daughter promised in marriage?
13. Who did Enguerrand ally himself with?
(a) King Charles.
(b) The Black Knight.
(c) The Green Count.
(d) Pope Gregory XI.
14. What happened to Urban VI after he assumed the Papacy?
(a) He initiated an age of peace and exploration.
(b) His power went to his head.
(c) He brokered peace between England and France.
(d) He sought to unify the cardinals and archbishops.
15. Who was the first child of Kind Edward and Queen Philippa?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a woman's recourse against a dominant husband?
2. Why was Louis II's marriage to Bernabo Visconti's daughter annulled?
3. Why is Enguerrand torn when King Charles declares war in 1369?
4. Who was King Edward's daughter promised to when she was nineteen?
5. What did Anjou ask for before his death?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)