|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does a serf have to work on his master's land to be freed?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Six years.
2. Which answer best describes Wenceslas IV?
(a) A scholar who advocated for persecution of demons.
(b) A soldier who maintained his neutrality.
(c) An alcoholic who was destroyed by constant warring.
(d) A virtuous man who was successful in bringing peace.
3. The papacy after Gregory was disputed between whom?
(a) Clement and Charles.
(b) Gregory and Urban.
(c) Urban and Clement.
4. How did Pierre de Luxembourg attain canonization?
(a) By renouncing the flesh at age six.
(b) By healing the sick as a child.
(c) By dying at six.
(d) By bearing the stigmata.
5. What did Gerard Groote found?
(a) The Brethren of the Common.
(b) The Saracens.
(c) The Freemasons.
(d) The Knights Templar.
6. Whom did the Genoese as for the French to fight with them?
7. Who was captured and held without ransom?
(b) King Edward.
(c) The Black Prince.
(d) Captal de Buch.
8. How did Enguerrand punish looters?
(b) Hard labor.
(d) He did not punish them.
9. How did the French try to take the Saracens' city?
(a) By trade.
(b) By siege.
(c) By deceit.
(d) By force.
10. How were the English forces paid during their campaign in France?
(a) In land on returning home.
(b) In pillage.
(c) In women and slaves.
(d) In Spanish gold.
11. How were women portrayed in 14th century literature?
(a) As whores or angels.
(b) As unfit and deceptive.
(c) As virtuous and spiritual.
(d) As saints.
12. Who pleaded with the pope for Church reform?
(c) Catherine of Siena.
(d) Archbishop Bari.
13. Whom did Enguerrand marry in 1365?
14. What was a woman's recourse against a dominant husband?
15. Enguerrand was named as a second in a force that joined Genoa against what country?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who began to mint his own money upon news that the King of France was heading to Rome to make peace?
2. What territories did Enguerrand want to acquire?
3. Who condemned Enguerrand's sale of dynastic property?
4. What does Enguerrand receive in return for ensuring that his men will not pillage?
5. What did the Black Prince order his people to do in Limoges?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)