|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did the Genoese as for the French to fight with them?
2. Whom did Enguerrand marry in 1365?
3. What was a woman's recourse against a dominant husband?
4. Who pleaded with the pope for Church reform?
(a) Archbishop Bari.
(d) Catherine of Siena.
5. The papacy after Gregory was disputed between whom?
(b) Gregory and Urban.
(c) Clement and Charles.
(d) Urban and Clement.
6. Who did Enguerrand ally himself with?
(a) The Green Count.
(b) The Black Knight.
(c) King Charles.
(d) Pope Gregory XI.
7. Why were the French reluctant to commit troops as the Genoese wanted?
(a) They were currently fighting Prussia.
(b) They were currently fighting England.
(c) They were trying to reduce military expenditures.
(d) They were waiting for a peace with England.
8. To whom did Philip de Artevelde offer allegiance after he assumed the Regent?
(d) The Pope.
9. How do the Saracens propose to settle the conflict with France?
(a) By siege.
(b) In single combat.
(c) They want ten men from each side to fight.
(d) In full warfare.
10. Where did Pope Urban govern Italy from?
11. Why is a knight loyal to the queen when the king is absent?
(a) Because the queen is of inferior virtue.
(b) Because the king will kill him if he is disobedient.
(c) Because the queen is joined with the king in a unified monarchy.
(d) Because the knight vowed to obey the king's people.
12. What threat confronted people in the countryside of Europe in the 1360s?
(b) Labor riots.
(c) Gangs of brigands.
(d) Grain shortages.
13. How many religious holidays did workers have to observe a year?
14. How many guests turned out to welcome Roman Emperor Charles IV?
15. What turn of events allowed Enguerrand's forces to defeat Visconti's?
(a) Visconti's mercenaries turned to looting.
(b) Enguerrand paid Visconti's forces not to fight or to fight against Visconti.
(c) Enguerrand's forces received last-minute reinforcements.
(d) Visconti's forces were pushed into the lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catherine of Siena serve Christ?
2. What did Anjou ask for before his death?
3. Who was captured and held without ransom?
4. What had King Charles promised on his deathbed?
5. How long after his visit to France did Charles IV die?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)