|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Enguerrand was named as a second in a force that joined Genoa against what country?
2. How many guests turned out to welcome Roman Emperor Charles IV?
3. What was a knight's work in the 14th century?
(a) Policing the cities.
4. What was the result of the agreement between the Third Estate and Dauphin Charles?
(a) Tax increases become solely the king's prerogative.
(b) France would submit to England.
(c) The king would abdicate and parliament would rule.
(d) The king would live more frugally.
5. What did Coucy do in 1368?
(a) Coucy marched with an army to Spain.
(b) Coucy returned to England for Enguerrand's marriage.
(c) Coucy levied high taxes on his people to pay to be rid of the army passing through.
(d) Coucy granted freedom to 22 towns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most applied science in the 14th century?
2. What was a typical penance imposed in the beginning of the 14th century?
3. What was the castle of Coucy primarily built for?
4. Whom did the Genoese as for the French to fight with them?
5. What was Enguerrange III known for?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)