|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people died of the black plague?
(a) Hundreds of millions.
(b) There is no way to know.
(c) Hundreds of thousands.
(d) Tens of millions.
2. What was Enguerrand's relation to the English King?
(b) Son in law.
3. What roles did the Church play in Coucy society?
(a) Governor and jailer.
(b) Prophet and mystic.
(c) Protector and police.
(d) Comforter and teacher.
4. How did wealthy men create a base of commerce at Coucy?
(a) They used the port as a center for foreign trade.
(b) They taxed the people and imported spices from India with the proceeds.
(c) They sent overland cargo transports to Italy and the East.
(d) They sold their support to the landowners.
5. What was increasing as the fourteenth century progressed?
(b) Infant mortality.
(d) Agricultural production.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does a serf have to work on his master's land to be freed?
2. What did the Black Prince order his people to do in Limoges?
3. How did people explain the advent of the plague?
4. How did Philip the Fair prove his claims of heresy against the Templars?
5. What did the Cardinal do when Anjou took the throne?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)