|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Enguerrand marry Isabelle?
2. How did the church resist dissolution for its excesses?
(a) It could buy out any opposition.
(b) It enforced its power with well-armed militias.
(c) It oppressed any dissenters.
(d) Its roots ran deep in Coucy society.
3. What does Leopold suggest that people do, in towns threatened by Enguerrand?
(a) Stay in their homes.
(b) Take their possessions and retreat.
(c) Turn their churches into forts.
(d) Arm themselves against the invaders and fight in the streets.
4. What happened to Urban VI after he assumed the Papacy?
(a) He sought to unify the cardinals and archbishops.
(b) He brokered peace between England and France.
(c) He initiated an age of peace and exploration.
(d) His power went to his head.
5. How many religious holidays did workers have to observe a year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are more susceptible to the black plague?
2. What was the effect of mercenaries on the French countryside?
3. What happened to the leader who accepted an invitation to parley with Charles of Navarre?
4. How did Dauphin Charles try to raise money?
5. Who was exempt from taxation?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)