|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Third Estate accomplish while Jean II was a captive of the English?
(a) They gained control over the monarchy.
(b) They conquered Calais and bordering lands.
(c) They signed the Magna Carta.
(d) They killed Jean II's son.
2. How did the church make money in the beginning of the 14th century?
(a) Taxing mercantile cities.
(b) Selling slaves and imports.
(c) Selling offices and imposing fines.
(d) Conquering foreign lands.
3. What does Leopold suggest that people do, in towns threatened by Enguerrand?
(a) Turn their churches into forts.
(b) Stay in their homes.
(c) Take their possessions and retreat.
(d) Arm themselves against the invaders and fight in the streets.
4. What opportunity made warfare attractive to peasants?
(a) Seeing foreign places.
(b) Serving God.
(d) Owning conquered land.
5. Who convinced Gregory XI to hire mercenaries against the Italians?
(a) Robert of Geneva.
(b) Charles IV.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the black plague affect the animals of Europe?
2. The papacy after Gregory was disputed between whom?
3. Why were Enguerrand's men ultimately discouraged?
4. What became of Enguerrand's son, Thomas?
5. How many times was King Edward's first daughter promised in marriage?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)