|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the leader who accepted an invitation to parley with Charles of Navarre?
(a) He was turned into a double agent who betrayed the peasants.
(b) He negotiated a peaceful conclusion to hostilities.
(c) He was exiled.
(d) He was captured and executed.
2. How many guests turned out to welcome Roman Emperor Charles IV?
3. What did the Jacquerie inspire in France?
(a) Independence for peasants.
(b) Armed insurrections.
(c) Repressive measures from the king.
(d) Political discussions.
4. Which figures in the church offered believers solace?
(a) Patron saints.
(b) The bishops.
(c) The worshippers themselves.
(d) The pope.
5. Charles of Navarre is arrested under suspicion of what?
(a) Plotting to murder his wife's father.
(b) Plotting to overthrow the king.
(c) Murdering his brother-in-law.
(d) Plotting to poison the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Gregory return to Rome?
2. What roles did the Church play in Coucy society?
3. Who threatened to come to England with his helmet on and 60,000 men?
4. What had King Charles promised on his deathbed?
5. Where is the castle of Coucy located?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)