|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Edward hope to get by keeping Jean II captive?
(a) An alliance with Charles of Navarre.
(b) Leverage to extract concessions from Philip VI.
(c) Ransom from France.
(d) French land.
2. What organizations thrived during the plague years?
(b) Labor unions.
(d) Mystical sects.
3. How did people explain the advent of the plague?
(a) Corruption in the church.
(b) Centralization of power in governments.
(c) Planetary alignments.
(d) Unpaid debts.
4. What was the most applied science in the 14th century?
5. Why were Enguerrand's men ultimately discouraged?
(a) Low pay.
(b) A string of losses.
(c) Constant guerilla-style harassment.
(d) Lack of food and plunder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the castle of Coucy located?
2. How many guests turned out to welcome Roman Emperor Charles IV?
3. What responsibility did Coucy assume when King Charles died?
4. Where did Sir Robert Knollys lead his army when he invaded France?
5. What belief among the people allowed the church to maintain its position and make money?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)