|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the wealthy different from the poor in size of their families?
(a) They typically send extra children away.
(b) They typically have larger families.
(c) They typically take in foster children.
(d) They typically have smaller families.
2. Who was King Edward's daughter promised to when she was nineteen?
(a) A propertied landowner.
(b) A wealthy merchant's son.
(c) A propertied landowner's son.
(d) A nobleman's youngest son.
3. How many people lived in Coucy in the beginning of the 14th century?
4. How long does a serf have to work on his master's land to be freed?
(a) Six months.
(b) Six years.
(c) One year.
(d) Seven years.
5. What threat confronted people in the countryside of Europe in the 1360s?
(a) Labor riots.
(c) Gangs of brigands.
(d) Grain shortages.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the people who built the castle of Coucy allow for the people inside the castle to provide for themselves during a siege?
2. How did the church make money in the beginning of the 14th century?
3. How common was it for women to earn wages?
4. What technology was revolutionizing warfare in the 14th century?
5. How were women portrayed in 14th century literature?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)