|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which figures in the church offered believers solace?
(a) The worshippers themselves.
(b) Patron saints.
(c) The pope.
(d) The bishops.
2. Who arranged for the release of Charles of Navarre?
(a) Jean II.
(c) The Dauphin.
3. How did Dauphin Charles try to raise money?
(a) By borrowing from the Swiss.
(b) By selling indulgences.
(c) By increasing taxation.
(d) By devaluing the coinage.
4. What did people believe about the plague?
(a) It was a radical purification of humanity.
(b) It was a scourge from God.
(c) It was a manifestation of an ancient curse.
(d) It was a sign of the Kings' corruption.
5. Where did Sir Robert Knollys lead his army when he invaded France?
(b) The Pyrennes.
(c) The valley of the Loire.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people lived in Coucy in the beginning of the 14th century?
2. What happened to Urban VI after he assumed the Papacy?
3. What roles did the Church play in Coucy society?
4. How did Sir Robert Knollys avoid being condemned for breaking the treaty with France?
5. What did Edward hope to get by keeping Jean II captive?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)