|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a typical penance imposed in the beginning of the 14th century?
(a) Devoting one's children to the church.
(b) Exile to Britain.
(d) A pilgrimage to Rome.
2. Whom does Enguerrard recommend when Charles nominates him for Constable?
(b) Someone more familiar with Brittany.
3. What happened to the church during the plague years in the 14th century?
(a) It became more inclusive in order to maintain congregations.
(b) It gained authority as people died, and the church took their lands.
(c) It lost its authority because it could not stop the plague.
(d) It gained adherents as people sought explanations.
4. How many people can the castle of Coucy house?
(a) Five hundred.
(b) A thousand.
(c) Two hundred fifty.
(d) Five thousand.
5. Under what condition was sex permitted in the mid-fourteenth century?
Short Answer Questions
1. What could bastard sons buy from the church in the beginning of the 14th century?
2. What responsibility did Coucy assume when King Charles died?
3. Who was put in charge of the money for knights and armies, as a result of the agreement between the Third Estate and Dauphin Charles?
4. Why is a knight loyal to the queen when the king is absent?
5. What territory did the King of England send Enguerrand to conquer?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)