|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were music and medicine lumped together in the 14th century?
(a) They both drew on the same spirits.
(b) They both aimed to harmonize the body.
(c) They both used resonance to heal.
(d) They both relied on mystical intervals of sound and tone.
2. Who founded an Augustinian monastery in Coucy?
(a) Archibishop Herve.
(b) Comte d'Eudes.
(c) Abbot Guibert.
(d) Aubry de Coucy.
3. How did the church make money in the beginning of the 14th century?
(a) Selling slaves and imports.
(b) Taxing mercantile cities.
(c) Conquering foreign lands.
(d) Selling offices and imposing fines.
4. What resulted from the depopulation of Europe during the plague?
(a) Knights returned to their estates.
(b) Factories sprang up.
(c) Labor was cheaper.
(d) Rents decreased.
5. Who arranged for the release of Charles of Navarre?
(c) Jean II.
(d) The Dauphin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Jacquerie inspire in France?
2. Who led the Third Estate of Paris while Jean II was a captive of the English?
3. How are the wealthy different from the poor in the age they marry?
4. What were the first signs of the people rebelling against the church?
5. What answer is offered for anything that cannot be explained?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)