|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the dead buried who died of the plague?
(a) In individual graves.
(b) In shallow graves.
(c) In centralized cemetaries.
(d) In expensive mausoleums.
2. How many people lived in Coucy in the beginning of the 14th century?
3. How did wealthy men create a base of commerce at Coucy?
(a) They sent overland cargo transports to Italy and the East.
(b) They sold their support to the landowners.
(c) They used the port as a center for foreign trade.
(d) They taxed the people and imported spices from India with the proceeds.
4. How did the church make money in the beginning of the 14th century?
(a) Selling offices and imposing fines.
(b) Taxing mercantile cities.
(c) Selling slaves and imports.
(d) Conquering foreign lands.
5. Who founded an Augustinian monastery in Coucy?
(a) Comte d'Eudes.
(b) Abbot Guibert.
(c) Aubry de Coucy.
(d) Archibishop Herve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the first signs of the people rebelling against the church?
2. How did Dauphin Charles try to raise money?
3. How did people explain the advent of the plague?
4. What was the most applied science in the 14th century?
5. When did Herve built the first castle in Coucy?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)