|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What roles did the Church play in Coucy society?
(a) Protector and police.
(b) Governor and jailer.
(c) Prophet and mystic.
(d) Comforter and teacher.
2. How many people were considered nobles in Coucy in the beginning of the 14th century?
3. What was increasing as the fourteenth century progressed?
(a) Agricultural production.
(b) Infant mortality.
4. How many people died of the black plague?
(a) Hundreds of thousands.
(b) Tens of millions.
(c) There is no way to know.
(d) Hundreds of millions.
5. What could bastard sons buy from the church in the beginning of the 14th century?
(a) Nobility papers.
(c) Military appointments.
(d) Papers of legitimacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led the Third Estate of Paris while Jean II was a captive of the English?
2. How did wealthy men create a base of commerce at Coucy?
3. When did Enguerrand become a historical figure?
4. What was a typical penance imposed in the beginning of the 14th century?
5. What did Jean II do immediately upon taking the throne of France?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)