|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Third Estate accomplish while Jean II was a captive of the English?
(a) They gained control over the monarchy.
(b) They killed Jean II's son.
(c) They signed the Magna Carta.
(d) They conquered Calais and bordering lands.
2. How were the dead buried who died of the plague?
(a) In centralized cemetaries.
(b) In expensive mausoleums.
(c) In shallow graves.
(d) In individual graves.
3. How did the 14th century begin?
(a) With a plague.
(b) With increases in agricultural production.
(c) With a population increase.
(d) With large-scale wars.
4. How did wealthy men create a base of commerce at Coucy?
(a) They taxed the people and imported spices from India with the proceeds.
(b) They sold their support to the landowners.
(c) They used the port as a center for foreign trade.
(d) They sent overland cargo transports to Italy and the East.
5. What answer is offered for anything that cannot be explained?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Jacquerie hold in May of 1358?
2. When did Herve built the first castle in Coucy?
3. Who was the first "lord of Coucy"?
4. What idea began to catch on as the plague swept Europe?
5. What was the result of the agreement between the Third Estate and Dauphin Charles?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)