|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Pope in the beginning of the 14th century?
(a) Clement V.
(b) Phillip VI.
(c) John XXII.
(d) Clement III.
2. How did the church make money in the beginning of the 14th century?
(a) Selling offices and imposing fines.
(b) Taxing mercantile cities.
(c) Conquering foreign lands.
(d) Selling slaves and imports.
3. What happened to Coucy in 1197?
(a) It was sold as a commune.
(b) It was developed into a castle.
(c) It was attacked and ravaged.
(d) It was consolidated with neighboring territories.
4. When did Enguerrand become a historical figure?
5. What opportunity made warfare attractive to peasants?
(a) Seeing foreign places.
(b) Owning conquered land.
(d) Serving God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What belief among the people allowed the church to maintain its position and make money?
2. How did Dauphin Charles try to raise money?
3. How did wealthy men create a base of commerce at Coucy?
4. How did the 14th century begin?
5. What did the church teach about life on earth?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)