|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the church teach about life on earth?
(a) It fulfilled a divine plan.
(b) It was just a passage.
(c) It was necessarily painful.
(d) It was man's only chance at meaning.
2. What was a knight's work in the 14th century?
(b) Policing the cities.
3. Who are more susceptible to the black plague?
(a) The clergy.
(b) The knights.
(c) The poor.
(d) The aristocrats.
4. Which figures in the church offered believers solace?
(a) The pope.
(b) The bishops.
(c) Patron saints.
(d) The worshippers themselves.
5. When would a child learn combat?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did people explain the advent of the plague?
2. Who was exempt from taxation?
3. What would a wealthy child learn until the age of seven?
4. How long did it take to build the castle of Coucy?
5. How did the poor organize to oppose the influence of the rich?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)