|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people died of the black plague?
(a) Hundreds of thousands.
(b) Hundreds of millions.
(c) Tens of millions.
(d) There is no way to know.
2. Who was the first "lord of Coucy"?
(a) Archibishop Herve.
(b) Abbot Guibert.
(c) Aubry de Coucy.
(d) Comte d'Eudes.
3. How did Philip the Fair prove his claims of heresy against the Templars?
(a) By forcing confessions from Knights Templar.
(b) By raiding Templar meeting houses.
(c) By playing off people's superstitions.
(d) By publishing intercepted letters.
4. How are the wealthy different from the poor in size of their families?
(a) They typically have larger families.
(b) They typically have smaller families.
(c) They typically send extra children away.
(d) They typically take in foster children.
5. How did the 14th century begin?
(a) With a population increase.
(b) With increases in agricultural production.
(c) With a plague.
(d) With large-scale wars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a knight's work in the 14th century?
2. What resulted from the depopulation of Europe during the plague?
3. What happened to the church during the plague years in the 14th century?
4. How did people transport things in the 14th century?
5. What could bastard sons buy from the church in the beginning of the 14th century?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)