|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the dominant belief about the shape of the earth?
(a) People believed it a flat circle.
(b) People believed it was a sphere.
(c) People believed it was flat square.
(d) People believed it was hollow.
2. What was increasing as the fourteenth century progressed?
(b) Agricultural production.
(d) Infant mortality.
3. Why did nobles neglect to condemn the luxuries of the clergy?
(a) Because the clergy still lived relatively Spartan existences.
(b) Because the nobility and clergy needed each other.
(c) Because the clergy was more powerful than the nobles.
(d) Because the nobles profited from the clergy's decadence.
4. When would a child learn combat?
5. How did the church resist dissolution for its excesses?
(a) It oppressed any dissenters.
(b) Its roots ran deep in Coucy society.
(c) It could buy out any opposition.
(d) It enforced its power with well-armed militias.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did people transport things in the 14th century?
2. How did wealthy men create a base of commerce at Coucy?
3. Where are young women taught?
4. What technology was revolutionizing warfare in the 14th century?
5. What belief among the people allowed the church to maintain its position and make money?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)