|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Enguerrange III known for?
(a) The generosity of his noblemen.
(b) His brigandage.
(c) His oppressive taxation.
(d) His conquests.
2. How did wealthy men create a base of commerce at Coucy?
(a) They sent overland cargo transports to Italy and the East.
(b) They used the port as a center for foreign trade.
(c) They taxed the people and imported spices from India with the proceeds.
(d) They sold their support to the landowners.
3. What new technology became a metaphor for an organized universe?
(a) The mechanical clock.
(b) The steam engine.
(c) The vaccine.
(d) The railroad.
4. What did the Pastoreaux do to oppose the Church?
(a) They marched on Rome.
(b) They attacked Jews.
(c) They besieged the castle at Coucy.
(d) They burned buildings and opened prisons.
5. When would a wealthy child be sent to another castle to serve as a page?
(a) At fourteen.
(b) At sixteen.
(c) At eleven.
(d) At seven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a typical penance imposed in the beginning of the 14th century?
2. How did Philip the Fair prove his claims of heresy against the Templars?
3. What technology was revolutionizing warfare in the 14th century?
4. What answer is offered for anything that cannot be explained?
5. Who was the first "lord of Coucy"?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)