|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was increasing as the fourteenth century progressed?
(a) Infant mortality.
(d) Agricultural production.
2. When did Enguerrand become a historical figure?
3. How did wealthy men create a base of commerce at Coucy?
(a) They taxed the people and imported spices from India with the proceeds.
(b) They sold their support to the landowners.
(c) They used the port as a center for foreign trade.
(d) They sent overland cargo transports to Italy and the East.
4. How did the 14th century begin?
(a) With large-scale wars.
(b) With a plague.
(c) With a population increase.
(d) With increases in agricultural production.
5. How many people lived in Coucy in the beginning of the 14th century?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the church make money in the beginning of the 14th century?
2. How did Philip the Fair prove his claims of heresy against the Templars?
3. What happened to Coucy in 1197?
4. How are the wealthy different from the poor in the age they marry?
5. When would a wealthy child be sent to another castle to serve as a page?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)