|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22 through 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Jean II face an English invasion?
2. What was increasing as the fourteenth century progressed?
(b) Infant mortality.
(c) Agricultural production.
3. What were many people waiting for during the plague years?
(a) A cure for the plague.
(b) Total war.
(c) Papal intercession.
(d) The end of time.
4. Who built Coucy up in spite of being excommunicated?
(a) Comte d-Eudes.
(b) Abbot Guibert.
(c) Enguerrand III.
(d) Aubry de Coucy.
5. What reason did Enguerrand give for wanting to stop fighting?
(a) He wanted to be made Pope.
(b) He wanted to travel.
(c) He wanted to return to his family.
(d) He wanted to see to his estate and his business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Pope in the beginning of the 14th century?
2. What happened to Coucy in 1197?
3. Who began to mint his own money upon news that the King of France was heading to Rome to make peace?
4. What was a typical penance imposed in the beginning of the 14th century?
5. What resulted from the depopulation of Europe during the plague?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)