|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22 through 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason did Enguerrand give for wanting to stop fighting?
(a) He wanted to see to his estate and his business.
(b) He wanted to be made Pope.
(c) He wanted to return to his family.
(d) He wanted to travel.
2. What did the church teach about life on earth?
(a) It was necessarily painful.
(b) It fulfilled a divine plan.
(c) It was just a passage.
(d) It was man's only chance at meaning.
3. What was a woman's recourse against a dominant husband?
4. How did Philip the Fair prove his claims of heresy against the Templars?
(a) By raiding Templar meeting houses.
(b) By forcing confessions from Knights Templar.
(c) By publishing intercepted letters.
(d) By playing off people's superstitions.
5. Where are young women taught?
(a) In cities.
(b) In women's schools.
(c) In the universities.
(d) At home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were the English forces paid during their campaign in France?
2. Where are the sons of the poor sent when they reach an age to learn a trade?
3. Who convinced Gregory XI to hire mercenaries against the Italians?
4. What was the most applied science in the 14th century?
5. Who was exempt from taxation?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)