|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22 through 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anjou offer in return for safe passage back to France?
(b) The Loire Valley.
2. What caused the bourgeoisie to come to a peaceful settlement in regard to the King's tax policy?
(a) A disastrous battle of Ghent.
(b) The death of the female heir to the throne.
(c) The defeat of the Flemish at Lys.
(d) The death of Enguerrand.
3. Where was Jean kept during his captivity by the English?
(a) In Corsica.
(b) In a dungeon.
(c) In an elaborate household.
(d) In a monastery.
4. When was the castle of Coucy built?
5. What did the Black Prince order his people to do in Limoges?
(a) Destroy the town and slaughter the people.
(b) Open a Roman Catholic school.
(c) Take possession of the library and art collections.
(d) Collect taxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Philip de Artevelde offer allegiance after he assumed the Regent?
2. How many religious holidays did workers have to observe a year?
3. How did people transport things in the 14th century?
4. What was the dominant belief about the shape of the earth?
5. What was a typical penance imposed in the beginning of the 14th century?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)