|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22 through 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What responsibility did Coucy assume when King Charles died?
(a) He was charged with capturing Hawkwood.
(b) He commanded the forces at Picardy.
(c) He assumed responsibility for Coucy.
(d) He became England's embassador to France.
2. How common was it for women to earn wages?
(b) Only lower-class women could work.
(c) Fairly common.
(d) Women could only work in certain restricted trades.
3. How does Catherine of Siena serve Christ?
(a) By giving away all her possessions to the poor.
(b) By copying the bible into foreign languages.
(c) By keeping herself in a constant state of discomfort.
(d) By praying incessantly.
4. What territory did the King of England send Enguerrand to conquer?
(a) The Loire valley.
(b) Charles of Navarre's lands.
5. What did Coucy do in 1368?
(a) Coucy returned to England for Enguerrand's marriage.
(b) Coucy granted freedom to 22 towns.
(c) Coucy levied high taxes on his people to pay to be rid of the army passing through.
(d) Coucy marched with an army to Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jean II take the throne of France?
2. How did people explain the advent of the plague?
3. What new technology became a metaphor for an organized universe?
4. How did wealthy men create a base of commerce at Coucy?
5. What was the result of the agreement between the Third Estate and Dauphin Charles?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)