|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people lived in Coucy in the beginning of the 14th century?
2. What resulted from the depopulation of Europe during the plague?
(a) Rents decreased.
(b) Knights returned to their estates.
(c) Labor was cheaper.
(d) Factories sprang up.
3. What did Jean II do immediately upon taking the throne of France?
(a) He exiled Enguerrand.
(b) He beheaded Enguerrand.
(c) He devalued money.
(d) He returned Calais to England.
4. How did Philip the Fair prove his claims of heresy against the Templars?
(a) By forcing confessions from Knights Templar.
(b) By raiding Templar meeting houses.
(c) By publishing intercepted letters.
(d) By playing off people's superstitions.
5. How many people can the castle of Coucy house?
(a) Five hundred.
(b) Two hundred fifty.
(c) Five thousand.
(d) A thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What roles did the Church play in Coucy society?
2. How did the poor organize to oppose the influence of the rich?
3. When did Philip the Fair accuse the Templars of heresy?
4. What answer is offered for anything that cannot be explained?
5. What was the political situation like in Coucy in the beginning of the 14th century?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)