|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the poor organize to oppose the influence of the rich?
(a) They formed brotherhoods.
(b) They held town hall meetings.
(c) They formed militias.
(d) They formed labor unions.
2. How many people can the castle of Coucy house?
(a) A thousand.
(b) Five hundred.
(c) Two hundred fifty.
(d) Five thousand.
3. Why were music and medicine lumped together in the 14th century?
(a) They both aimed to harmonize the body.
(b) They both relied on mystical intervals of sound and tone.
(c) They both used resonance to heal.
(d) They both drew on the same spirits.
4. What happened to the church during the plague years in the 14th century?
(a) It gained authority as people died, and the church took their lands.
(b) It gained adherents as people sought explanations.
(c) It became more inclusive in order to maintain congregations.
(d) It lost its authority because it could not stop the plague.
5. What was the castle of Coucy primarily built for?
(a) A network of marketplaces.
(b) A center for art and literature.
(c) Foreign trade.
(d) Withstanding a siege.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the church make money in the beginning of the 14th century?
2. How did the black plague affect the animals of Europe?
3. Why did nobles neglect to condemn the luxuries of the clergy?
4. Who was Pope in the beginning of the 14th century?
5. What did people believe about the plague?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)