|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Dauphin Charles try to raise money?
(a) By selling indulgences.
(b) By increasing taxation.
(c) By devaluing the coinage.
(d) By borrowing from the Swiss.
2. How did the church resist dissolution for its excesses?
(a) It enforced its power with well-armed militias.
(b) Its roots ran deep in Coucy society.
(c) It oppressed any dissenters.
(d) It could buy out any opposition.
3. What was a typical penance imposed in the beginning of the 14th century?
(b) Devoting one's children to the church.
(c) A pilgrimage to Rome.
(d) Exile to Britain.
4. What was the most applied science in the 14th century?
5. Where did Sir Robert Knollys lead his army when he invaded France?
(b) The valley of the Loire.
(c) The Pyrennes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was captured and held without ransom?
2. What did England lose when a ship carrying money was sunk in a naval battle?
3. What belief among the people allowed the church to maintain its position and make money?
4. Which figures in the church offered believers solace?
5. How did people transport things in the 14th century?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)