|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did wealthy people display their wealth in the 14th century?
(a) By owning slaves.
(b) By traveling abroad.
(c) By paying taxes.
(d) By displaying tapestries.
2. How did the church resist dissolution for its excesses?
(a) Its roots ran deep in Coucy society.
(b) It oppressed any dissenters.
(c) It could buy out any opposition.
(d) It enforced its power with well-armed militias.
3. What did Jean II do immediately upon taking the throne of France?
(a) He beheaded Enguerrand.
(b) He returned Calais to England.
(c) He exiled Enguerrand.
(d) He devalued money.
4. When did England and France have a one-year peace?
5. What happened to the leader who accepted an invitation to parley with Charles of Navarre?
(a) He was captured and executed.
(b) He was turned into a double agent who betrayed the peasants.
(c) He was exiled.
(d) He negotiated a peaceful conclusion to hostilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the effect of mercenaries on the French countryside?
2. Why is Enguerrand torn when King Charles declares war in 1369?
3. How did towns react when Charles of Navarre's brother was ravaging the land?
4. What was the most applied science in the 14th century?
5. What new technology became a metaphor for an organized universe?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)