|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the dominant belief about the shape of the earth?
(a) People believed it was hollow.
(b) People believed it was flat square.
(c) People believed it a flat circle.
(d) People believed it was a sphere.
2. Which figures in the church offered believers solace?
(a) Patron saints.
(b) The pope.
(c) The bishops.
(d) The worshippers themselves.
3. What technology was revolutionizing warfare in the 14th century?
(a) Observation balloons.
(c) Poison gas.
(d) Longbows and guns.
4. When did Jean II face an English invasion?
5. What were the first signs of the people rebelling against the church?
(a) Church attendance declined.
(b) The gap between rich and poor widened.
(c) Luddites destroy machinery in the textile indutry.
(d) The Papal tax collectors were attacked.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was appointed Captain-General of the pope's forces in 1371?
2. How did people explain the advent of the plague?
3. Why were music and medicine lumped together in the 14th century?
4. How did wealthy people display their wealth in the 14th century?
5. What was the effect of mercenaries on the French countryside?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)