|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Enguerrand marry in 1365?
2. How were women portrayed in 14th century literature?
(a) As whores or angels.
(b) As unfit and deceptive.
(c) As virtuous and spiritual.
(d) As saints.
3. What did Philip van Artevelde order in Ghent when there were revolts?
(a) Raising of taxes.
(b) Ordering the townspeople into exile.
(c) Distribution of food and fixing of prices.
(d) Massacre of men and boys.
4. How long does a serf have to work on his master's land to be freed?
(a) Seven years.
(b) One year.
(c) Six years.
(d) Six months.
5. Why were music and medicine lumped together in the 14th century?
(a) They both drew on the same spirits.
(b) They both aimed to harmonize the body.
(c) They both relied on mystical intervals of sound and tone.
(d) They both used resonance to heal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the commoners do when King Charles died?
2. What did Christine de Pisan write about?
3. When would a wealthy child be sent to another castle to serve as a page?
4. What opportunity made warfare attractive to peasants?
5. How common was it for women to earn wages?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)