• The castle of Coucy that was built in seven years, and was finished in 1223, started as a primitive building in 910.
• The first Lord of Coucy was Comte d'Eudes, then Aubry, then Enguerrand I, Thomas, Enguerrand II, and Raoul I, before Raoul I's wife sold the estate. in 1197.
• The Coucy estate was known for generous lords and fierce nobles, who have authority over all the people who live in free towns and over the clergy.
• Money was the key to many things, as it could buy a person forgiveness for sins and legitimacy for their bastard children.
• The Church was vital to the 14th-century society, serving as teacher and comforter for the political instability and plagues that ravaged the society.
• In his hunger for taxes, Philip the Fair accused the wealthy Knights Templar of heresy, and this was an early step in the launching of the Inquisition...
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)