|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hugh believe is behind the fraud at the bank in Part 3?
2. What conclusion does Micky come to in Part 2, Chapter 5 about women?
3. What does the Prince of Wales tell Maisie that he will do for her?
4. What does Augusta ask Fortescue to do to help get Joseph the peerage?
5. What does Augusta ask Lady Morte to do to help Joseph get the peerage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Hugh's children home alone when Maisie arrives in Part 3, Chapter 4?
2. What deal do the partners come up with so that Edward's first request as Senior Partner goes through, but so the bank won't be compromised?
3. What happens with the bonds that the bank was going to sell in order to loan Micky the money? Who is behind the deceit, and what happens to him?
4. What occurs between Maisie and Ben Greenbourne after Solly's death?
5. How does Micky escape the authorities and still wind up dead?
6. Where does Hugh find Tonio in Part 2, Chapter 4, and what does Tonio finally tell Hugh?
7. How has Ben Greenbourne changed by the Epilogue?
8. How does Emily get her annulment?
9. What does Emily do to attempt to have Edward's child, and how does it all backfire?
10. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Micky's plan to stop Tonio, and how is the plan carried out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Maisie, Rachel and April.
Essay Topic 2
Nora is perhaps the most selfish of the selfish characters. Compare her to Augusta. Which of the women is truly the most selfish? How does Augusta somewhat redeem herself, and Nora never does?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the friendship between Micky and Edward from the beginning to the end of the story. How was the relationship one-sided? How did the relationship cost Edward a happy life?
This section contains 1,228 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)