Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 3, why does Sidney Madler come to London to see Joseph?
2. What compromise do the partners come to regarding Micky's loan?
3. What is the catalyst that brings down the bank?
4. What does Hugh tell Micky about Edward in Part 3, Chapter 2?
5. Where do Hugh and Nora move to in Part 2, Chapter 4?
Essay Topic 1
How can it be argued that Edward is a weak character? Where does the weakness come from? How is it fed over the years? Where does it lead him?
Essay Topic 2
The banking system of London is one of the main themes of the book, and how failed banks hurt more than just bankers. Explain how this is a theme of the book.
Essay Topic 3
At the wedding, Augusta says to the guest next to her that "London society has degenerated completely". What does she mean by this statement? How is it a self-serving statement?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)