|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What risk does Maisie take for Nora in Part 2, Chapter 4?
2. Where does Emily spend all of her time in Part 2, Chapter 5?
3. What does Hugh tell the family that they must do after the bank folds?
4. What do the partners want from Edward after the money crisis is discovered?
5. What is Maisie and Dan's conversation about with the guests at the wedding in Part 3, Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has become of Edward's and Micky's marriages by Part 2, Chapter 5?
2. Describe Dotty and Lord Ipswich's wedding.
3. What does Hugh piece together in Part 3, and what does he do with the information? How is it received?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Maisie do with Nora that is risky but very satisfying in its result?
5. Hugh makes a major decision about his future after he speaks to Ben in Part 2, Chapter 5. What is the decision? Why does he make it? What is the outcome?
6. How does Hugh want to handle the failing of the bank with his family members? How do they respond?
7. What becomes of Edward, Augusta, Hugh, Maisie, Dan and Rachel?
8. Where does Hugh find Tonio in Part 2, Chapter 4, and what does Tonio finally tell Hugh?
9. What changes have come into Emily's life by Part 3?
10. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Micky's plan to stop Tonio, and how is the plan carried out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how greed is a theme of the novel. Who is greedy? How does their greed affect others?
Essay Topic 2
How can it be argued that Edward is a weak character? Where does the weakness come from? How is it fed over the years? Where does it lead him?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Maisie's character. How is she true to herself through her entire life?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)