|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Ben continue his relationship with his daughter-in-law, Maisie?
2. What risk does Maisie take for Nora in Part 2, Chapter 4?
3. Who is the unhappy guest at the wedding in Part 3, Chapter 3?
4. How does Micky respond to what Emily does to trick Edward?
5. What news does Nora give Hugh in Part 2, Chapter 5 that stops Hugh from making a major decision about his future?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Maisie do with Nora that is risky but very satisfying in its result?
2. What does Emily do to attempt to have Edward's child, and how does it all backfire?
3. How does Emily get her annulment?
4. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what does Augusta attempt to do to get cash for herself, and then what does she steal that will allow her to have a decent income?
5. What schemes does Augusta come up with once she learns that Ben will be given the peerage and not Joseph?
6. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Micky's plan to stop Tonio, and how is the plan carried out?
7. What happens with the bonds that the bank was going to sell in order to loan Micky the money? Who is behind the deceit, and what happens to him?
8. What occurs between Maisie and Ben Greenbourne after Solly's death?
9. What deal do the partners come up with so that Edward's first request as Senior Partner goes through, but so the bank won't be compromised?
10. How much time has passed between the end of Part 2, and the beginning of Part 3? What major changes have occurred?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the theme of good versus evil throughout the entire novel. Who wins? Who loses?
Essay Topic 2
How does the third world nation of Cordova affect the entire financial world of London?
Essay Topic 3
How can it be argued that Edward is a weak character? Where does the weakness come from? How is it fed over the years? Where does it lead him?
This section contains 1,330 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)