|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last place that Hugh visits?
2. What is Maisie and Dan's conversation about with the guests at the wedding in Part 3, Chapter 3?
3. What does Maisie say only a few moments after Hugh arrives to give his condolences in Part 2, Chapter 5?
4. What does Emily want to discuss with Maisie after one of her afternoon teas in Part 2, Chapter 3?
5. Where does Emily spend all of her time in Part 2, Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what does Augusta attempt to do to get cash for herself, and then what does she steal that will allow her to have a decent income?
2. What happens between Solly, Edward and Micky in Part 2, Chapter 5?
3. What is the concern over the Cordovan loans and the revolution?
4. Hugh makes a major decision about his future after he speaks to Ben in Part 2, Chapter 5. What is the decision? Why does he make it? What is the outcome?
5. How does Edward become Senior Partner of the bank?
6. How does Micky finally get Edward to talk to him in Part 3, Chapter 2, after Edward discovers the truth about the drowning?
7. What occurs between Maisie and Ben Greenbourne after Solly's death?
8. What deal do the partners come up with so that Edward's first request as Senior Partner goes through, but so the bank won't be compromised?
9. What becomes of Edward, Augusta, Hugh, Maisie, Dan and Rachel?
10. What schemes does Augusta come up with once she learns that Ben will be given the peerage and not Joseph?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the friendship between Micky and Edward from the beginning to the end of the story. How was the relationship one-sided? How did the relationship cost Edward a happy life?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how greed is a theme of the novel. Who is greedy? How does their greed affect others?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Maisie, Rachel and April.
This section contains 1,258 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)