|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Solly so angry with Edward in Part 2, Chapter 5?
2. How does Micky persuade Edward to secretly give him the loan in Part 3?
3. What does Hugh finally learn from Tonio in Part 2, Chapter 4?
4. What has Hugh been unsuccessful at stopping in Part 2 , Chapter 5?
5. In the last decade, by Part 3, Chapter 2, how many bonds has Pilaster Bank given Cordova?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hugh piece together in Part 3, and what does he do with the information? How is it received?
2. What deal do the partners come up with so that Edward's first request as Senior Partner goes through, but so the bank won't be compromised?
3. How does Hugh want to handle the failing of the bank with his family members? How do they respond?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Micky's plan to stop Tonio, and how is the plan carried out?
5. What happens with the bonds that the bank was going to sell in order to loan Micky the money? Who is behind the deceit, and what happens to him?
6. How has Ben Greenbourne changed by the Epilogue?
7. How does Edward become Senior Partner of the bank?
8. What occurs between Maisie and Ben Greenbourne after Solly's death?
9. What happens between Solly, Edward and Micky in Part 2, Chapter 5?
10. How much time has passed between the end of Part 2, and the beginning of Part 3? What major changes have occurred?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the character of Ben Greenbourne. How do his decisions affect so many lives?
Essay Topic 2
Nora is perhaps the most selfish of the selfish characters. Compare her to Augusta. Which of the women is truly the most selfish? How does Augusta somewhat redeem herself, and Nora never does?
Essay Topic 3
The banking system of London is one of the main themes of the book, and how failed banks hurt more than just bankers. Explain how this is a theme of the book.
This section contains 1,258 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)