|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hugh believe is behind the fraud at the bank in Part 3?
2. What has Hugh been unsuccessful at stopping in Part 2 , Chapter 5?
3. Where do Edward and Augusta spend the rest of Edward's life?
4. How does Micky persuade Edward to secretly give him the loan in Part 3?
5. In Part 3, what does Hugh tell Edward that changes everything for Edward?
Short Essay Questions
1. What schemes does Augusta come up with once she learns that Ben will be given the peerage and not Joseph?
2. What happens with the bonds that the bank was going to sell in order to loan Micky the money? Who is behind the deceit, and what happens to him?
3. What deal do the partners come up with so that Edward's first request as Senior Partner goes through, but so the bank won't be compromised?
4. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what does Augusta attempt to do to get cash for herself, and then what does she steal that will allow her to have a decent income?
5. What does Maisie discover about the incident at the ball, and how does she make the discovery?
6. How does Micky escape the authorities and still wind up dead?
7. How does Hugh want to handle the failing of the bank with his family members? How do they respond?
8. What has become of Edward's and Micky's marriages by Part 2, Chapter 5?
9. How does Micky finally get Edward to talk to him in Part 3, Chapter 2, after Edward discovers the truth about the drowning?
10. What does Emily do to attempt to have Edward's child, and how does it all backfire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the character of Ben Greenbourne. How do his decisions affect so many lives?
Essay Topic 2
How does the third world nation of Cordova affect the entire financial world of London?
Essay Topic 3
Find the symbols in the novel. What are they? What do they represent? Analyze how effectively the author portrays them.
This section contains 1,317 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)