|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Edward give Micky when MIcky tells him that he is leaving the country?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Edward do to Emily when he finds out that she has tricked him?
3. What conclusion does Micky come to in Part 2, Chapter 5 about women?
4. What does Hugh do to try to save Pilaster's reputation?
5. What risk does Maisie take for Nora in Part 2, Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maisie discover about the incident at the ball, and how does she make the discovery?
2. How does Micky escape the authorities and still wind up dead?
3. What happens between Solly, Edward and Micky in Part 2, Chapter 5?
4. Where does Hugh find Tonio in Part 2, Chapter 4, and what does Tonio finally tell Hugh?
5. How does Hugh want to handle the failing of the bank with his family members? How do they respond?
6. What does Hugh piece together in Part 3, and what does he do with the information? How is it received?
7. What is the concern over the Cordovan loans and the revolution?
8. Why are Hugh's children home alone when Maisie arrives in Part 3, Chapter 4?
9. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Maisie do with Nora that is risky but very satisfying in its result?
10. How does Emily get her annulment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How can it be argued that Edward is a weak character? Where does the weakness come from? How is it fed over the years? Where does it lead him?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the friendship between Micky and Edward from the beginning to the end of the story. How was the relationship one-sided? How did the relationship cost Edward a happy life?
Essay Topic 3
Much of the society's standards of the Victorian Era are stated in the novel. Explain what they are and how they are used to portray this story.
This section contains 1,296 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)