|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily want to discuss with Maisie after one of her afternoon teas in Part 2, Chapter 3?
2. What has Hugh been unsuccessful at stopping in Part 2 , Chapter 5?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 4, under what name does Micky intend to travel?
4. In Part 3, how does Nora treat her children?
5. Where do Edward and Augusta spend the rest of Edward's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Hugh makes a major decision about his future after he speaks to Ben in Part 2, Chapter 5. What is the decision? Why does he make it? What is the outcome?
2. What has become of Edward's and Micky's marriages by Part 2, Chapter 5?
3. What does Maisie discover about the incident at the ball, and how does she make the discovery?
4. What happens between Rachel and Micky in Part 2, Chapter 4?
5. How does Edward become Senior Partner of the bank?
6. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what does Augusta attempt to do to get cash for herself, and then what does she steal that will allow her to have a decent income?
7. With what question does Emily go to Maisie for help in Part 2, Chapter 3? Why Maisie? What does Maisie do to help her?
8. Describe Dotty and Lord Ipswich's wedding.
9. How does Micky finally get Edward to talk to him in Part 3, Chapter 2, after Edward discovers the truth about the drowning?
10. How much time has passed between the end of Part 2, and the beginning of Part 3? What major changes have occurred?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nora is perhaps the most selfish of the selfish characters. Compare her to Augusta. Which of the women is truly the most selfish? How does Augusta somewhat redeem herself, and Nora never does?
Essay Topic 2
The relationship between father and son is often a complex one. Analyze the relationships between Edward and Joseph, Micky and Papa, Hugh and Tobias (his father). Are they weak or healthy? How do the relationships mold the sons into the men that they become?
Essay Topic 3
How does the third world nation of Cordova affect the entire financial world of London?
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)