|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maisie find out from Count Tokoly?
2. What becomes of the argument between Micky and Rachel after the small dinner party Rachel had given for the Foreign Ministry?
3. What does Micky do to Solly that causes Solly's death?
4. What does Hugh tell Micky about Edward in Part 3, Chapter 2?
5. What is never discovered about Micky in the end of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hugh want to handle the failing of the bank with his family members? How do they respond?
2. What is the concern over the Cordovan loans and the revolution?
3. What does Maisie discover about the incident at the ball, and how does she make the discovery?
4. Describe Dotty and Lord Ipswich's wedding.
5. How does Edward become Senior Partner of the bank?
6. How does Micky escape the authorities and still wind up dead?
7. What deal do the partners come up with so that Edward's first request as Senior Partner goes through, but so the bank won't be compromised?
8. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Maisie do with Nora that is risky but very satisfying in its result?
9. What does Hugh piece together in Part 3, and what does he do with the information? How is it received?
10. How much time has passed between the end of Part 2, and the beginning of Part 3? What major changes have occurred?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Find the symbols in the novel. What are they? What do they represent? Analyze how effectively the author portrays them.
Essay Topic 2
How does the third world nation of Cordova affect the entire financial world of London?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Maisie's character. How is she true to herself through her entire life?
This section contains 1,223 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)