|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily do to Augusta when Augusta tries to take the papers from her in Part 3, Chapter 2?
2. In Part 3, how does Nora treat her children?
3. Why does Micky follow Solly from the club after he argues with Edward?
4. What do the partners want from Edward after the money crisis is discovered?
5. What gift does Hugh give to Nora after Maisie's party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The novel begins with a boyhood occurrence that will affect the lives of everyone involved. What is the occurrence, how does it happen, and why will it have such a great effect on those involved?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how greed is a theme of the novel. Who is greedy? How does their greed affect others?
Essay Topic 3
Nora is perhaps the most selfish of the selfish characters. Compare her to Augusta. Which of the women is truly the most selfish? How does Augusta somewhat redeem herself, and Nora never does?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)