|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Micky angry that he runs into Hugh when he returns to the club to play cards with Edward in Part 2, Chapter 5?
2. To whom does Maisie take Emily to find answers to her questions that she poses at the afternoon tea?
3. Where does Emily spend all of her time in Part 2, Chapter 5?
4. How has Micky gotten rich by Part 3, Chapter 2?
5. What is the last place that Hugh visits?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Ben Greenbourne changed by the Epilogue?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what does Augusta attempt to do to get cash for herself, and then what does she steal that will allow her to have a decent income?
3. What schemes does Augusta come up with once she learns that Ben will be given the peerage and not Joseph?
4. How does Emily get her annulment?
5. What changes have come into Emily's life by Part 3?
6. What happens between Solly, Edward and Micky in Part 2, Chapter 5?
7. What does Emily do to attempt to have Edward's child, and how does it all backfire?
8. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Micky's plan to stop Tonio, and how is the plan carried out?
9. What happens between Rachel and Micky in Part 2, Chapter 4?
10. What is the concern over the Cordovan loans and the revolution?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Find the symbols in the novel. What are they? What do they represent? Analyze how effectively the author portrays them.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Maisie, Rachel and April.
Essay Topic 3
Though Tonio's character is not in the story as often as others, he is crucial to the plot line. Many events occur because of what Tonio knows and what his goals are. Discuss how Tonio is a catalyst for much of the plot line.
This section contains 1,192 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)