|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Edward give Micky when MIcky tells him that he is leaving the country?
2. What does Maisie ask of Hugh after they return from Bertie's school in Part 3, Chapter 1?
3. What does Hugh do to try to save Pilaster's reputation?
4. How many children does Hugh have?
5. What does Solly love to watch Maisie do, as described in Part 2, Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hugh piece together in Part 3, and what does he do with the information? How is it received?
2. How does Micky finally get Edward to talk to him in Part 3, Chapter 2, after Edward discovers the truth about the drowning?
3. How has Ben Greenbourne changed by the Epilogue?
4. How does Micky escape the authorities and still wind up dead?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Micky's plan to stop Tonio, and how is the plan carried out?
6. With what question does Emily go to Maisie for help in Part 2, Chapter 3? Why Maisie? What does Maisie do to help her?
7. Why are Hugh's children home alone when Maisie arrives in Part 3, Chapter 4?
8. What happens with the bonds that the bank was going to sell in order to loan Micky the money? Who is behind the deceit, and what happens to him?
9. Where does Hugh find Tonio in Part 2, Chapter 4, and what does Tonio finally tell Hugh?
10. What does Emily do to attempt to have Edward's child, and how does it all backfire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Maisie, Rachel and April.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Dan's character. How does he become such a fighter? What are his causes? How does he continue to fight throughout his life?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the friendship between Micky and Edward from the beginning to the end of the story. How was the relationship one-sided? How did the relationship cost Edward a happy life?
This section contains 1,132 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)