|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Edward give Micky when MIcky tells him that he is leaving the country?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what does Micky find in Tonio's room?
3. What does Emily do to Augusta when Augusta tries to take the papers from her in Part 3, Chapter 2?
4. What does Augusta ask Fortescue to do to help get Joseph the peerage?
5. In Part 3, how does Nora treat her children?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what does Augusta attempt to do to get cash for herself, and then what does she steal that will allow her to have a decent income?
2. How does Edward become Senior Partner of the bank?
3. How does Hugh want to handle the failing of the bank with his family members? How do they respond?
4. What deal do the partners come up with so that Edward's first request as Senior Partner goes through, but so the bank won't be compromised?
5. With what question does Emily go to Maisie for help in Part 2, Chapter 3? Why Maisie? What does Maisie do to help her?
6. What does Maisie discover about the incident at the ball, and how does she make the discovery?
7. Why are Hugh's children home alone when Maisie arrives in Part 3, Chapter 4?
8. What schemes does Augusta come up with once she learns that Ben will be given the peerage and not Joseph?
9. What happens between Rachel and Micky in Part 2, Chapter 4?
10. What is the concern over the Cordovan loans and the revolution?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Maisie, Rachel and April.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the theme of good versus evil throughout the entire novel. Who wins? Who loses?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Dan's character. How does he become such a fighter? What are his causes? How does he continue to fight throughout his life?
This section contains 1,226 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)