|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Solly so angry with Edward in Part 2, Chapter 5?
2. Why doesn't Ben continue his relationship with his daughter-in-law, Maisie?
3. In what month does Dorothy marry and the bank collapses?
4. How does Micky persuade Edward to secretly give him the loan in Part 3?
5. What do the partners want from Edward after the money crisis is discovered?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Hugh find Tonio in Part 2, Chapter 4, and what does Tonio finally tell Hugh?
2. What does Emily do to attempt to have Edward's child, and how does it all backfire?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Micky's plan to stop Tonio, and how is the plan carried out?
4. How does Edward become Senior Partner of the bank?
5. What does Hugh piece together in Part 3, and what does he do with the information? How is it received?
6. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Maisie do with Nora that is risky but very satisfying in its result?
7. How does Micky escape the authorities and still wind up dead?
8. What does Maisie discover about the incident at the ball, and how does she make the discovery?
9. Hugh makes a major decision about his future after he speaks to Ben in Part 2, Chapter 5. What is the decision? Why does he make it? What is the outcome?
10. How has Ben Greenbourne changed by the Epilogue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the theme of good versus evil throughout the entire novel. Who wins? Who loses?
Essay Topic 2
Nora is perhaps the most selfish of the selfish characters. Compare her to Augusta. Which of the women is truly the most selfish? How does Augusta somewhat redeem herself, and Nora never does?
Essay Topic 3
How can it be argued that Edward is a weak character? Where does the weakness come from? How is it fed over the years? Where does it lead him?
This section contains 1,242 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)