|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Augusta ask Hobbes to do to help her get Joseph the peerage?
2. How does Micky respond to what Emily does to trick Edward?
3. In Part 3, what does Hugh tell Edward that changes everything for Edward?
4. What does Hugh tell the family that they must do after the bank folds?
5. Why does Emily move back in to Whitehaven?
Essay Topic 1
The novel begins with a boyhood occurrence that will affect the lives of everyone involved. What is the occurrence, how does it happen, and why will it have such a great effect on those involved?
Essay Topic 2
Nora is perhaps the most selfish of the selfish characters. Compare her to Augusta. Which of the women is truly the most selfish? How does Augusta somewhat redeem herself, and Nora never does?
Essay Topic 3
Much is said negatively about the Jewish community. Compare the views of the people in the novel to the views of others around the world through WWII and into modern times.
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)