|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is never discovered about Micky in the end of the book?
2. Why is Solly so angry with Edward in Part 2, Chapter 5?
3. What does Emily want to discuss with Maisie after one of her afternoon teas in Part 2, Chapter 3?
4. What does Hugh tell the family that they must do after the bank folds?
5. What risk does Maisie take for Nora in Part 2, Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What schemes does Augusta come up with once she learns that Ben will be given the peerage and not Joseph?
2. What changes have come into Emily's life by Part 3?
3. What occurs between Maisie and Ben Greenbourne after Solly's death?
4. How does Micky escape the authorities and still wind up dead?
5. How does Edward become Senior Partner of the bank?
6. What deal do the partners come up with so that Edward's first request as Senior Partner goes through, but so the bank won't be compromised?
7. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Micky's plan to stop Tonio, and how is the plan carried out?
8. What happens with the bonds that the bank was going to sell in order to loan Micky the money? Who is behind the deceit, and what happens to him?
9. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Maisie do with Nora that is risky but very satisfying in its result?
10. Describe Dotty and Lord Ipswich's wedding.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Maisie, Rachel and April.
Essay Topic 2
How does the third world nation of Cordova affect the entire financial world of London?
Essay Topic 3
The novel begins with a boyhood occurrence that will affect the lives of everyone involved. What is the occurrence, how does it happen, and why will it have such a great effect on those involved?
This section contains 1,289 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)