|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Ben continue his relationship with his daughter-in-law, Maisie?
2. Why does Ben Greenbourne go to Windfield in the Epilogue?
3. Why does Micky follow Solly from the club after he argues with Edward?
4. Why can't Maisie walk the half mile to the dinner party in Part 2, Chapter 3?
5. In Part 3, how does Nora treat her children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hugh piece together in Part 3, and what does he do with the information? How is it received?
2. What becomes of Edward, Augusta, Hugh, Maisie, Dan and Rachel?
3. How has Ben Greenbourne changed by the Epilogue?
4. What happens with the bonds that the bank was going to sell in order to loan Micky the money? Who is behind the deceit, and what happens to him?
5. What happens between Solly, Edward and Micky in Part 2, Chapter 5?
6. How does Micky escape the authorities and still wind up dead?
7. What deal do the partners come up with so that Edward's first request as Senior Partner goes through, but so the bank won't be compromised?
8. How does Emily get her annulment?
9. Why are Hugh's children home alone when Maisie arrives in Part 3, Chapter 4?
10. What schemes does Augusta come up with once she learns that Ben will be given the peerage and not Joseph?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the third world nation of Cordova affect the entire financial world of London?
Essay Topic 2
How does a Russian Jewish family end up being tied to an English banking family for centuries?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the theme of good versus evil throughout the entire novel. Who wins? Who loses?
This section contains 1,318 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)