|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What personal matter is Ben dealing with in Part 3, Chapter 3, after the close of the bank?
2. Why doesn't Ben continue his relationship with his daughter-in-law, Maisie?
3. What does Augusta ask Hobbes to do to help her get Joseph the peerage?
4. What were the Mirandas planning on doing with the money they wanted to obtain from Pilaster's Bank?
5. What hope does Hugh have if the Silva's faction wins the revolution?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the brothel a major setting of the novel? What really takes place there beyond the obvious sexual and gambling activities?
Essay Topic 2
The relationship between father and son is often a complex one. Analyze the relationships between Edward and Joseph, Micky and Papa, Hugh and Tobias (his father). Are they weak or healthy? How do the relationships mold the sons into the men that they become?
Essay Topic 3
At the wedding, Augusta says to the guest next to her that "London society has degenerated completely". What does she mean by this statement? How is it a self-serving statement?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)