|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maisie discover about herself in Part I, Chapter 5?
2. Where does Hugh meet Maisie again in Part 2, Chapter 1?
3. Why does Maisie leave home in the Prologue?
4. Who helps Micky cover up the murder?
5. What system does Hugh come up with at the bank to organize papers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has been Hugh's journey through the bank up to Part 1, Chapter 3?
2. What does Micky do to finalize the demise of Tonio?
3. What information does Tonio bring to Hugh in Part 2, Chapter 2, and what does he tell him of Tonio's plans?
4. Why has Hugh come back from America in Part 2? (Be specific as to his goals.)
5. How are Micky and Augusta tied to each other forever?
6. Describe the ratting and explain its significance to the story.
7. What happens to Hugh in Part 1, Chapter 5?
8. How does Micky take control and keep control over the baccarat game?
9. What secret is established in the Prologue?
10. What does the night in the brothel reveal about Edward and Micky?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The relationship between father and son is often a complex one. Analyze the relationships between Edward and Joseph, Micky and Papa, Hugh and Tobias (his father). Are they weak or healthy? How do the relationships mold the sons into the men that they become?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Maisie's character. How is she true to herself through her entire life?
Essay Topic 3
How does the third world nation of Cordova affect the entire financial world of London?
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)