|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Augusta discuss with Lady Morte that offends the Lady?
2. What does Augusta reveal to Micky at the end of Part 1, Chapter 3?
3. Where does Micky now reside in Part I, Chapter 1?
4. Why doesn't Maisie spend the entire day with Solly?
5. Hugh and his mother speak frankly for the first time about all of the following except for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What transpires about marriage and taking care of oneself between Maisie and April in Part 1, Chapter 3?
2. What kind of a character is Hugh?
3. What has happened with Micky in the six years that Hugh was gone, and what are his future and immediate plans?
4. What does Micky do to finalize the demise of Tonio?
5. What has been Hugh's journey through the bank up to Part 1, Chapter 3?
6. How are Micky and Augusta tied to each other forever?
7. How does Micky take control and keep control over the baccarat game?
8. What kind of a character is Carlos Miranda?
9. Why does Hugh go to the Greenbourne's for a job?
10. What transpires between Hugh and Maisie in Part I, Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Dan's character. How does he become such a fighter? What are his causes? How does he continue to fight throughout his life?
Essay Topic 2
The novel begins with a boyhood occurrence that will affect the lives of everyone involved. What is the occurrence, how does it happen, and why will it have such a great effect on those involved?
Essay Topic 3
How does a Russian Jewish family end up being tied to an English banking family for centuries?
This section contains 1,297 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)