|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ratting?
2. Why does Hugh marry Nora?
3. What inappropriate action does Mickey take in the church with Augusta?
4. What does Maisie learn of Hugh at the lawyer's office in Part 1, Chapter 5?
5. What does Augusta discuss with Lady Morte that offends the Lady?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Augusta split up Maisie and Hugh?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 2, how does Augusta continue to manipulate what happens at the bank concerning the naming of the Senior Partner?
3. What does Nora do wrong at the costume ball, and how does she get into the predicament in the first place?
4. Why does Hugh go to the Greenbourne's for a job?
5. What do the letters to Florence and the feelings of Hugh's that follow tell you about their relationship?
6. What has been Hugh's journey through the bank up to Part 1, Chapter 3?
7. What does Micky do to Seth in Part 1, Chapter 5? Why?
8. What has happened with Micky in the six years that Hugh was gone, and what are his future and immediate plans?
9. How does Micky take control and keep control over the baccarat game?
10. Why has Hugh come back from America in Part 2? (Be specific as to his goals.)
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does a Russian Jewish family end up being tied to an English banking family for centuries?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Maisie, Rachel and April.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the character of Ben Greenbourne. How do his decisions affect so many lives?
This section contains 1,254 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)