|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wins the ratting bet in Part 1, Chapter 2?
2. What title does Micky now have in Part 2, Chapter 1?
3. Where does Hugh meet Maisie again in Part 2, Chapter 1?
4. What position is Hugh an assistant to in Part I, Chapter 3?
5. Why does Hugh go with Micky and Edward to Nellie's?
Short Essay Questions
1. How much time has passed between the end of Part 2, and the beginning of Part 3? What major changes have occurred?
2. What more does Hugh know about Peter's drowning in Part 1, Chapter 3, now that he has corresponded with Albert Cammel, the fourth boy that was swimming that day?
3. What has become of Edward's and Micky's marriages by Part 2, Chapter 5?
4. What deal do the partners come up with so that Edward's first request as Senior Partner goes through, but so the bank won't be compromised?
5. What happens between Solly, Edward and Micky in Part 2, Chapter 5?
6. What does Emily do to attempt to have Edward's child, and how does it all backfire?
7. In Part 1, Chapter 2, how does Augusta continue to manipulate what happens at the bank concerning the naming of the Senior Partner?
8. What kind of a character is Augusta?
9. How are Micky and Augusta tied to each other forever?
10. What transpires about marriage and taking care of oneself between Maisie and April in Part 1, Chapter 3?
Essay Topic 1
The banking system of London is one of the main themes of the book, and how failed banks hurt more than just bankers. Explain how this is a theme of the book.
Essay Topic 2
Nora is perhaps the most selfish of the selfish characters. Compare her to Augusta. Which of the women is truly the most selfish? How does Augusta somewhat redeem herself, and Nora never does?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the character of Ben Greenbourne. How do his decisions affect so many lives?
This section contains 1,632 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)