|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Micky now reside in Part I, Chapter 1?
2. Who wins the ratting bet in Part 1, Chapter 2?
3. What is Tonio's plan to ruin the Mirandas' plan?
4. What does Maisie learn of Hugh at the lawyer's office in Part 1, Chapter 5?
5. How does Augusta get invited to the Duchess' costume ball?
Short Essay Questions
1. What more does Hugh know about Peter's drowning in Part 1, Chapter 3, now that he has corresponded with Albert Cammel, the fourth boy that was swimming that day?
2. What has become of Maisie and her family by Part 2?
3. What kind of a character is Carlos Miranda?
4. What transpires about marriage and taking care of oneself between Maisie and April in Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. Why does Hugh go to the Greenbourne's for a job?
6. How does Micky take control and keep control over the baccarat game?
7. What kind of a character is Hugh?
8. Describe the ratting and explain its significance to the story.
9. What happens to Hugh in Part 1, Chapter 5?
10. What happens between Micky and Augusta in the church? What is the significance of their conversation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the character of Ben Greenbourne. How do his decisions affect so many lives?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the theme of good versus evil throughout the entire novel. Who wins? Who loses?
Essay Topic 3
The novel begins with a boyhood occurrence that will affect the lives of everyone involved. What is the occurrence, how does it happen, and why will it have such a great effect on those involved?
This section contains 1,220 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)