|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hugh meet Maisie again in Part 2, Chapter 1?
2. What does Albert Cammel's letter to Hugh reveal?
3. How does Augusta get invited to the Duchess' costume ball?
4. What correspondence is sent between Hugh and Florence in Part 1, Chapter 2?
5. What does Augusta reveal to Micky at the end of Part 1, Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Micky do to Seth in Part 1, Chapter 5? Why?
2. How are Micky and Augusta tied to each other forever?
3. How does Maisie come back into the picture in Part 1, Chapter 2? Who is she with? What happens with her and Hugh?
4. What does Micky do to finalize the demise of Tonio?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 5, what has happened with Maisie since she last saw Hugh?
6. What has become of Maisie and her family by Part 2?
7. Describe the ratting and explain its significance to the story.
8. What transpires between Hugh and Maisie in Part I, Chapter 4?
9. What is the setting of the novel, and how does it affect the storyline immediately?
10. What kind of a character is Augusta?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Find the symbols in the novel. What are they? What do they represent? Analyze how effectively the author portrays them.
Essay Topic 2
The banking system of London is one of the main themes of the book, and how failed banks hurt more than just bankers. Explain how this is a theme of the book.
Essay Topic 3
Much of the society's standards of the Victorian Era are stated in the novel. Explain what they are and how they are used to portray this story.
This section contains 1,302 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)