|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title does Micky now have in Part 2, Chapter 1?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 1, what does Augusta want for herself and Joseph that she manipulates to get?
3. Who wins the ratting bet in Part 1, Chapter 2?
4. What does Tonio do at the ratting that intrigues Micky?
5. Why do Maisie and Hugh go into Augusta's house in Part 1, Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Edward become Senior Partner of the bank?
2. What schemes does Augusta come up with once she learns that Ben will be given the peerage and not Joseph?
3. Where does Hugh find Tonio in Part 2, Chapter 4, and what does Tonio finally tell Hugh?
4. How does Micky take control and keep control over the baccarat game?
5. What transpires between Hugh and Maisie in Part I, Chapter 4?
6. What happens between Micky and Augusta in the church? What is the significance of their conversation?
7. Describe Dotty and Lord Ipswich's wedding.
8. What does Micky do to finalize the demise of Tonio?
9. What does Nora do wrong at the costume ball, and how does she get into the predicament in the first place?
10. What has happened with Micky in the six years that Hugh was gone, and what are his future and immediate plans?
Essay Topic 1
At the wedding, Augusta says to the guest next to her that "London society has degenerated completely". What does she mean by this statement? How is it a self-serving statement?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Maisie, Rachel and April.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the theme of good versus evil throughout the entire novel. Who wins? Who loses?
This section contains 1,776 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)