Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maisie leave home in the Prologue?
2. Where does Hugh go for the month of August before he leaves on his journey?
3. How much time passes before Hugh returns to London at the beginning of Part 2?
4. How does Micky get Tonio to offer him his job in Part 1, Chapter 4?
5. What does Micky decide to do in Part 2, Chapter 1 to get Edward to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Micky and Augusta tied to each other forever?
2. Why are Hugh's children home alone when Maisie arrives in Part 3, Chapter 4?
3. What kind of a character is Hugh?
4. What is the concern over the Cordovan loans and the revolution?
5. Why has Hugh come back from America in Part 2? (Be specific as to his goals.)
6. What transpires about marriage and taking care of oneself between Maisie and April in Part 1, Chapter 3?
7. Who is Augusta now manipulating in Part 2, and why?
8. What happens between Micky and Augusta in the church? What is the significance of their conversation?
9. Why does Hugh go to the Greenbourne's for a job?
10. What kind of a character is Augusta?
Find the symbols in the novel. What are they? What do they represent? Analyze how effectively the author portrays them.
Though Tonio's character is not in the story as often as others, he is crucial to the plot line. Many events occur because of what Tonio knows and what his goals are. Discuss how Tonio is a catalyst for much of the plot line.
The banking system of London is one of the main themes of the book, and how failed banks hurt more than just bankers. Explain how this is a theme of the book.
This section contains 1,217 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)