|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Danny run away in the Prologue?
2. What does Micky do at the baccarat game that makes things go his way?
3. Why does Augusta set Nora up at the ball?
4. What does Maisie learn of Hugh at the lawyer's office in Part 1, Chapter 5?
5. What does Hugh decide to do with his future after the Nora incident in Part 2, Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hugh piece together in Part 3, and what does he do with the information? How is it received?
2. What happens between Solly, Edward and Micky in Part 2, Chapter 5?
3. Describe Dotty and Lord Ipswich's wedding.
4. What kind of a character is Hugh?
5. What transpires about marriage and taking care of oneself between Maisie and April in Part 1, Chapter 3?
6. What has become of Maisie and her family by Part 2?
7. What is the tale of Maisie and Danny, and what is its tie in to the boys at the school?
8. What is the concern over the Cordovan loans and the revolution?
9. What do the letters to Florence and the feelings of Hugh's that follow tell you about their relationship?
10. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Maisie do with Nora that is risky but very satisfying in its result?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The banking system of London is one of the main themes of the book, and how failed banks hurt more than just bankers. Explain how this is a theme of the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Maisie, Rachel and April.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Maisie's character. How is she true to herself through her entire life?
This section contains 1,744 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)