|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows up at the costume ball and questions Hugh?
2. What does Papa tell Micky that he has planned for Micky's future?
3. Maisie doesn't want to be Solly's wife or mistress for all of the reasons except for which one?
4. Why does Maisie leave home in the Prologue?
5. What does Augusta lie to Lady Stalworthy about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of a character is Augusta?
2. What information does Tonio bring to Hugh in Part 2, Chapter 2, and what does he tell him of Tonio's plans?
3. What has been Hugh's journey through the bank up to Part 1, Chapter 3?
4. What does Micky do to Seth in Part 1, Chapter 5? Why?
5. What does Nora do wrong at the costume ball, and how does she get into the predicament in the first place?
6. What is the setting of the novel, and how does it affect the storyline immediately?
7. What does Micky do to finalize the demise of Tonio?
8. How does Augusta split up Maisie and Hugh?
9. How are Micky and Augusta tied to each other forever?
10. What kind of a character is Seth? Be sure to mention his business acumen and religious beliefs.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Maisie's character. How is she true to herself through her entire life?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Dan's character. How does he become such a fighter? What are his causes? How does he continue to fight throughout his life?
Essay Topic 3
At the wedding, Augusta says to the guest next to her that "London society has degenerated completely". What does she mean by this statement? How is it a self-serving statement?
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)