|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Solly Greenhouse's date at the Argyll Room?
2. Why does Carlos want Micky to stay in London?
3. Why is Micky afraid of his father?
4. Why does Augusta set Nora up at the ball?
5. What sits at the top of the new Pilaster house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Augusta now manipulating in Part 2, and why?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 2, how does Augusta continue to manipulate what happens at the bank concerning the naming of the Senior Partner?
3. What more does Hugh know about Peter's drowning in Part 1, Chapter 3, now that he has corresponded with Albert Cammel, the fourth boy that was swimming that day?
4. What has happened with Micky in the six years that Hugh was gone, and what are his future and immediate plans?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 5, what has happened with Maisie since she last saw Hugh?
6. What transpires between Hugh and Maisie in Part I, Chapter 4?
7. What has become of Maisie and her family by Part 2?
8. What has been Hugh's journey through the bank up to Part 1, Chapter 3?
9. What kind of a character is Carlos Miranda?
10. Why does Hugh go to the Greenbourne's for a job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the friendship between Micky and Edward from the beginning to the end of the story. How was the relationship one-sided? How did the relationship cost Edward a happy life?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how greed is a theme of the novel. Who is greedy? How does their greed affect others?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Maisie, Rachel and April.
This section contains 1,387 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)