|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Maisie and Hugh go into Augusta's house in Part 1, Chapter 4?
2. Why does Hugh tell Edward that his mother is looking for him?
3. Why does Augusta have Micky walk her to the church in the Prologue?
4. Joseph promises Edward partnership at the bank when what happens?
5. Why does Joseph become angry with Augusta when she insists that he go to the park and NOT the bank on the holiday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of a character is Augusta?
2. What has happened with Micky in the six years that Hugh was gone, and what are his future and immediate plans?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 2, how does Augusta continue to manipulate what happens at the bank concerning the naming of the Senior Partner?
4. What is the tale of Maisie and Danny, and what is its tie in to the boys at the school?
5. What kind of a character is Carlos Miranda?
6. What happens between Micky and Augusta in the church? What is the significance of their conversation?
7. Why has Hugh come back from America in Part 2? (Be specific as to his goals.)
8. What has been Hugh's journey through the bank up to Part 1, Chapter 3?
9. Describe the ratting and explain its significance to the story.
10. What does Micky do to finalize the demise of Tonio?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Maisie, Rachel and April.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the character of Ben Greenbourne. How do his decisions affect so many lives?
Essay Topic 3
The banking system of London is one of the main themes of the book, and how failed banks hurt more than just bankers. Explain how this is a theme of the book.
This section contains 1,319 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)