|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news of Seth does Augusta give Micky when he comes to tea in Part 1, Chapter 5?
2. How does Augusta set up Nora at the ball?
3. How does Micky get Tonio to offer him his job in Part 1, Chapter 4?
4. Who do Edward, Micky and Hugh meet in the Argyll Room?
5. Why is Micky afraid of his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of a character is Augusta?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 5, what has happened with Maisie since she last saw Hugh?
3. How does Augusta split up Maisie and Hugh?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 2, how does Augusta continue to manipulate what happens at the bank concerning the naming of the Senior Partner?
5. What happens to Hugh in Part 1, Chapter 5?
6. Why does Hugh go to the Greenbourne's for a job?
7. What has been Hugh's journey through the bank up to Part 1, Chapter 3?
8. What kind of a character is Hugh?
9. How are Micky and Augusta tied to each other forever?
10. What does Hugh like about Nora when he first meets her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the theme of good versus evil throughout the entire novel. Who wins? Who loses?
Essay Topic 2
Find the symbols in the novel. What are they? What do they represent? Analyze how effectively the author portrays them.
Essay Topic 3
Though Tonio's character is not in the story as often as others, he is crucial to the plot line. Many events occur because of what Tonio knows and what his goals are. Discuss how Tonio is a catalyst for much of the plot line.
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)