|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Micky now reside in Part I, Chapter 1?
2. What does Augusta pull out of her jewelry box in Part 2 to remind herself of the past?
3. Who helps Micky cover up the murder?
4. Why does Samuel give in to Augusta's threats about his sexuality?
5. What does Danny come to tell Maisie in Part 2, Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of a character is Augusta?
2. What does Hugh like about Nora when he first meets her?
3. What has been Hugh's journey through the bank up to Part 1, Chapter 3?
4. What kind of a character is Carlos Miranda?
5. What is the tale of Maisie and Danny, and what is its tie in to the boys at the school?
6. What does Micky do to finalize the demise of Tonio?
7. What has become of Maisie and her family by Part 2?
8. How does Micky take control and keep control over the baccarat game?
9. What secret is established in the Prologue?
10. What do the letters to Florence and the feelings of Hugh's that follow tell you about their relationship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The relationship between father and son is often a complex one. Analyze the relationships between Edward and Joseph, Micky and Papa, Hugh and Tobias (his father). Are they weak or healthy? How do the relationships mold the sons into the men that they become?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Maisie's character. How is she true to herself through her entire life?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Dan's character. How does he become such a fighter? What are his causes? How does he continue to fight throughout his life?
This section contains 1,213 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)