|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 3, why does Sidney Madler come to London to see Joseph?
(a) He is angry that business is not going well.
(b) He is happy about the business.
(c) He wants to make another deal.
(d) He is angry that Hugh is not a partner.
2. In what month does Dorothy marry and the bank collapses?
3. Why does Ben Greenbourne go to Windfield in the Epilogue?
(a) He wants Bertie to be his grandson again.
(b) He wants to find out if Bertie is Hugh's son.
(c) He wants to watch Bertie's water polo game.
(d) He wants to cause trouble for Maisie and Hugh.
4. Why does Tonio come back to London in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) To take his job back.
(b) To warn Hugh of Micky's murderous family.
(c) To kill Micky.
(d) To sway the Prime Minister to back President Garcia.
5. What compromise do the partners come to regarding Micky's loan?
(a) It is worth the risk.
(b) They will ask for a higher commission.
(c) They will loan him half of what he asked for.
(d) They will sell the bonds first and then give Micky the money they have made.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hugh believe is behind the fraud at the bank in Part 3?
2. How does Emily respond to Edward in Part 2, Chapter 4 when he finds out that she has tricked him?
3. What does Maisie ask of Hugh after they return from Bertie's school in Part 3, Chapter 1?
4. Where is Maisie working in Part 3, Chapter 1?
5. Why does Micky follow Solly from the club after he argues with Edward?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Ben Greenbourne changed by the Epilogue?
2. What does Hugh piece together in Part 3, and what does he do with the information? How is it received?
3. What happens between Solly, Edward and Micky in Part 2, Chapter 5?
4. What schemes does Augusta come up with once she learns that Ben will be given the peerage and not Joseph?
5. How does Emily get her annulment?
6. What happens between Rachel and Micky in Part 2, Chapter 4?
7. How does Edward become Senior Partner of the bank?
8. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Micky's plan to stop Tonio, and how is the plan carried out?
9. What deal do the partners come up with so that Edward's first request as Senior Partner goes through, but so the bank won't be compromised?
10. What does Emily do to attempt to have Edward's child, and how does it all backfire?
This section contains 1,361 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)