|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Augusta ask Fortescue to do to help get Joseph the peerage?
(a) Advise Hobbes to do as Augusta asks.
(b) Remind the prime minister that Ben is Jewish.
(c) Advise Lady Morte to do as Augusta asks.
(d) Remind the prime minister that Joseph is a safe alternative.
2. How does Micky persuade Edward to secretly give him the loan in Part 3?
(a) He asks Edward to come live with him.
(b) He tells Edward that he will have to return to Cordova.
(c) He tells Edward that he loves Augusta and will have to tell her if he does not get the money.
(d) He tells Edward that he loves him.
3. What does Micky do to Solly that causes Solly's death?
(a) Micky stabs Solly.
(b) Micky hires thugs to kill Solly.
(c) Micky pushes Solly in front of a carriage.
(d) Micky hits Solly with a rock and then pushes hiim into the river.
4. Where does Hugh find Tonio in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) At the docks.
(b) In a warehouse.
(c) In a public hospital.
(d) In a rundown hotel.
5. What does Mulberry do when Hugh tells him to close the bank's doors?
(a) He refuses to close the doors.
(b) He cries.
(c) He closes the doors.
(d) He curses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hugh give Dotty for her dowry?
2. What personal matter is Ben dealing with in Part 3, Chapter 3, after the close of the bank?
3. What does Hugh tell the family that they must do after the bank folds?
4. Why is Micky worried at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 2?
5. In Part 3, how does Nora treat her children?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)