|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the catalyst that brings down the bank?
(a) The Cordovan revolution.
(b) Edward's bad management of the money.
(c) World recession.
(d) Investment in small businesses.
2. What becomes of the argument between Micky and Rachel after the small dinner party Rachel had given for the Foreign Ministry?
(a) They kiss and make up.
(b) Micky locks her in a room.
(c) Micky promises to be better but leaves.
(d) Rachel leaves Micky.
3. What does Emily want to discuss with Maisie after one of her afternoon teas in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Personal problems with Edward.
(b) Edward's visits to Nellie's
(c) Augusta's attitude toward her marriage to Edward.
(d) Edward's relationship with Micky.
4. What does Maisie ask of Hugh after they return from Bertie's school in Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) To stay at the bank.
(b) To loan her money.
(c) To avenge Solly's death.
(d) To come home with her.
5. What gift does Hugh give to Nora after Maisie's party?
(a) A pendant of rubies and sapphires.
(b) A sapphire brooch.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) Ruby earings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maisie and Dan's conversation about with the guests at the wedding in Part 3, Chapter 3?
2. What does Hugh tell Micky about Edward in Part 3, Chapter 2?
3. To whom does Maisie take Emily to find answers to her questions that she poses at the afternoon tea?
4. What conclusion does Micky come to in Part 2, Chapter 5 about women?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 4, under what name does Micky intend to travel?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Micky's plan to stop Tonio, and how is the plan carried out?
2. How does Emily get her annulment?
3. How does Micky escape the authorities and still wind up dead?
4. What happens between Solly, Edward and Micky in Part 2, Chapter 5?
5. Hugh makes a major decision about his future after he speaks to Ben in Part 2, Chapter 5. What is the decision? Why does he make it? What is the outcome?
6. How does Hugh want to handle the failing of the bank with his family members? How do they respond?
7. Where does Hugh find Tonio in Part 2, Chapter 4, and what does Tonio finally tell Hugh?
8. What changes have come into Emily's life by Part 3?
9. Describe Dotty and Lord Ipswich's wedding.
10. What has become of Edward's and Micky's marriages by Part 2, Chapter 5?
This section contains 1,208 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)