|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has become of Maisie and Hugh in the Epilogue?
(a) They marry after Nora leaves.
(b) They remain friends.
(c) They go their separate ways.
(d) They raise the children together but don't marry.
2. Why is Micky worried at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) Edward is avoiding him.
(b) The police know about the drowning.
(c) Augusta won't speak to him.
(d) He had to tell his father there would be no money.
3. Why does Micky follow Solly from the club after he argues with Edward?
(a) He wants to explain that poor people will suffer if he pulls the loan.
(b) He wants to rat out Edward.
(c) He plans on killing him.
(d) He wants to frighten him into giving him the loan.
4. What gift does Hugh give to Nora after Maisie's party?
(a) Ruby earings.
(b) A sapphire brooch.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A pendant of rubies and sapphires.
5. What compromise do the partners come to regarding Micky's loan?
(a) They will ask for a higher commission.
(b) It is worth the risk.
(c) They will sell the bonds first and then give Micky the money they have made.
(d) They will loan him half of what he asked for.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Nora give Hugh in Part 2, Chapter 5 that stops Hugh from making a major decision about his future?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what does Micky find in Tonio's room?
3. What were the Mirandas planning on doing with the money they wanted to obtain from Pilaster's Bank?
4. What does Hugh do to try to save Pilaster's reputation?
5. What is Maisie and Dan's conversation about with the guests at the wedding in Part 3, Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Rachel and Micky in Part 2, Chapter 4?
2. What happens with the bonds that the bank was going to sell in order to loan Micky the money? Who is behind the deceit, and what happens to him?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what does Augusta attempt to do to get cash for herself, and then what does she steal that will allow her to have a decent income?
4. How does Micky finally get Edward to talk to him in Part 3, Chapter 2, after Edward discovers the truth about the drowning?
5. Why are Hugh's children home alone when Maisie arrives in Part 3, Chapter 4?
6. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Maisie do with Nora that is risky but very satisfying in its result?
7. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Micky's plan to stop Tonio, and how is the plan carried out?
8. What deal do the partners come up with so that Edward's first request as Senior Partner goes through, but so the bank won't be compromised?
9. What does Emily do to attempt to have Edward's child, and how does it all backfire?
10. What is the concern over the Cordovan loans and the revolution?
This section contains 1,347 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)