|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Micky gotten rich by Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) He has swindled people out of their money.
(b) He has worked hard.
(c) He has taken a commission on every bond.
(d) He has stolen money from the ministry.
2. What does Maisie say only a few moments after Hugh arrives to give his condolences in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) If you hadn't married Nora, you could have married me.
(b) Who do you think murdered Solly?
(c) Will you lend me money?
(d) Bertie is your son.
3. What does Hugh finally do with Maisie when he goes to the hospital to see Rachel?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He says he is leaving Nora.
(c) He cries.
(d) He tells her that he loves her.
4. How many children does Hugh have?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 1, what news does Emily bring to Maisie?
(a) Emiily has fallen in love with a poet.
(b) Emily is going to have a baby.
(c) Emily and Edward have reuinited.
(d) Emily will divorced Edward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Hugh been unsuccessful at stopping in Part 2 , Chapter 5?
2. How does Micky's plan with the ruffians almost go wrong?
3. What does Emily want to discuss with Maisie after one of her afternoon teas in Part 2, Chapter 3?
4. What risk does Maisie take for Nora in Part 2, Chapter 4?
5. What does Solly love to watch Maisie do, as described in Part 2, Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Solly, Edward and Micky in Part 2, Chapter 5?
2. What does Emily do to attempt to have Edward's child, and how does it all backfire?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Micky's plan to stop Tonio, and how is the plan carried out?
4. With what question does Emily go to Maisie for help in Part 2, Chapter 3? Why Maisie? What does Maisie do to help her?
5. What happens between Rachel and Micky in Part 2, Chapter 4?
6. What has become of Edward's and Micky's marriages by Part 2, Chapter 5?
7. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Maisie do with Nora that is risky but very satisfying in its result?
8. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what does Augusta attempt to do to get cash for herself, and then what does she steal that will allow her to have a decent income?
9. Hugh makes a major decision about his future after he speaks to Ben in Part 2, Chapter 5. What is the decision? Why does he make it? What is the outcome?
10. How does Micky escape the authorities and still wind up dead?
This section contains 1,305 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)