|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What personal matter is Ben dealing with in Part 3, Chapter 3, after the close of the bank?
(a) A struggle over losing Bertie.
(b) His granddaughter is missing.
(c) Financial problems.
(d) Health issues.
2. What risk does Maisie take for Nora in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) She goes to April's with her.
(b) She is going to re-introduce her to society.
(c) She keeps a secret from Solly for her.
(d) She speaks to Augusta on her behalf.
3. What do the partners want from Edward after the money crisis is discovered?
(b) A written apology.
(c) His resignation.
(d) His dignity.
4. To whom does Maisie take Emily to find answers to her questions that she poses at the afternoon tea?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 5, what simile does Follett use to speak of how Augusta feels about Joseph's new title?
(a) She "was as happy as a lark."
(b) She "was as pleased as punch."
(c) She "was like a child on her birthday."
(d) She "was like a hen that had laid an egg."
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Edward give Micky when MIcky tells him that he is leaving the country?
2. What does Hugh finally learn from Tonio in Part 2, Chapter 4?
3. What does Hugh finally do with Maisie when he goes to the hospital to see Rachel?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what does Micky find in Tonio's room?
5. What is the last place that Hugh visits?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurs between Maisie and Ben Greenbourne after Solly's death?
2. What deal do the partners come up with so that Edward's first request as Senior Partner goes through, but so the bank won't be compromised?
3. Describe Dotty and Lord Ipswich's wedding.
4. What does Emily do to attempt to have Edward's child, and how does it all backfire?
5. What happens with the bonds that the bank was going to sell in order to loan Micky the money? Who is behind the deceit, and what happens to him?
6. How does Micky escape the authorities and still wind up dead?
7. With what question does Emily go to Maisie for help in Part 2, Chapter 3? Why Maisie? What does Maisie do to help her?
8. What is the concern over the Cordovan loans and the revolution?
9. What does Hugh piece together in Part 3, and what does he do with the information? How is it received?
10. How does Edward become Senior Partner of the bank?
This section contains 1,230 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)