|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Augusta ask Hobbes to do to help her get Joseph the peerage?
(a) To write a glowing piece for Joseph.
(b) To write that a Chistian banker is needed.
(c) To write a slanderous piece against Jews.
(d) To write a slanderous piece against Ben.
2. What bad news does Hugh bring to Rachel in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Dan has been killed.
(b) Micky has been killed.
(c) The hospital's money is gone.
(d) The government wants the hospital to close.
3. Why does Micky follow Solly from the club after he argues with Edward?
(a) He wants to rat out Edward.
(b) He plans on killing him.
(c) He wants to explain that poor people will suffer if he pulls the loan.
(d) He wants to frighten him into giving him the loan.
4. What personal matter is Ben dealing with in Part 3, Chapter 3, after the close of the bank?
(a) His granddaughter is missing.
(b) Financial problems.
(c) A struggle over losing Bertie.
(d) Health issues.
5. What is happening at Nellie's that is a gimmick that April put into practice?
(a) A masquerade.
(b) Blind Man's Buff.
(c) Women's choice.
(d) Gambling and girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Hugh in Part 3 of the novel?
2. What compromise do the partners come to regarding Micky's loan?
3. What does Solly love to watch Maisie do, as described in Part 2, Chapter 3?
4. What news does Edward give Micky when MIcky tells him that he is leaving the country?
5. What has Hugh been unsuccessful at stopping in Part 2 , Chapter 5?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)