|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emily move back in to Whitehaven?
(a) To annoy Augusta.
(b) So she can get pregnant.
(c) She misses Edward.
(d) To get her annulment.
2. How has Micky gotten rich by Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) He has stolen money from the ministry.
(b) He has worked hard.
(c) He has swindled people out of their money.
(d) He has taken a commission on every bond.
3. What compromise do the partners come to regarding Micky's loan?
(a) It is worth the risk.
(b) They will loan him half of what he asked for.
(c) They will sell the bonds first and then give Micky the money they have made.
(d) They will ask for a higher commission.
4. What does Mulberry do when Hugh tells him to close the bank's doors?
(a) He cries.
(b) He closes the doors.
(c) He curses.
(d) He refuses to close the doors.
5. In Part 3, how does Nora treat her children?
(a) She ignores them.
(b) With irritability.
(c) With love and affection.
(d) Well, but not warmly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Hugh have?
2. What does the Prince of Wales tell Maisie that he will do for her?
3. What does Hugh finally do with Maisie when he goes to the hospital to see Rachel?
4. Who is the unhappy guest at the wedding in Part 3, Chapter 3?
5. What conclusion does Micky come to in Part 2, Chapter 5 about women?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes have come into Emily's life by Part 3?
2. What happens between Rachel and Micky in Part 2, Chapter 4?
3. How has Ben Greenbourne changed by the Epilogue?
4. What is the concern over the Cordovan loans and the revolution?
5. What has become of Edward's and Micky's marriages by Part 2, Chapter 5?
6. Hugh makes a major decision about his future after he speaks to Ben in Part 2, Chapter 5. What is the decision? Why does he make it? What is the outcome?
7. What does Hugh piece together in Part 3, and what does he do with the information? How is it received?
8. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what does Augusta attempt to do to get cash for herself, and then what does she steal that will allow her to have a decent income?
9. How does Edward become Senior Partner of the bank?
10. How does Emily get her annulment?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)