|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Edward and Augusta spend the rest of Edward's life?
(b) Lima, Peru.
(d) The south of France.
2. What does the Prince of Wales tell Maisie that he will do for her?
(a) Speak with Augusta.
(b) Ignore Augusta.
(c) Forgive Augusta.
(d) Tell Augusta to stay away from Nora.
3. How has Micky gotten rich by Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) He has stolen money from the ministry.
(b) He has worked hard.
(c) He has taken a commission on every bond.
(d) He has swindled people out of their money.
4. To whom does Maisie take Emily to find answers to her questions that she poses at the afternoon tea?
5. What news does Edward give Micky when MIcky tells him that he is leaving the country?
(a) Edward loves Micky.
(b) Edward has syphilis.
(c) Edward loathes Micky.
(d) Edward will not go with Micky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hugh tell the family that they must do after the bank folds?
2. What were the Mirandas planning on doing with the money they wanted to obtain from Pilaster's Bank?
3. Why does Emily move back in to Whitehaven?
4. What personal matter is Ben dealing with in Part 3, Chapter 3, after the close of the bank?
5. Who is the unhappy guest at the wedding in Part 3, Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hugh want to handle the failing of the bank with his family members? How do they respond?
2. How does Edward become Senior Partner of the bank?
3. What schemes does Augusta come up with once she learns that Ben will be given the peerage and not Joseph?
4. What is the concern over the Cordovan loans and the revolution?
5. Describe Dotty and Lord Ipswich's wedding.
6. How does Micky escape the authorities and still wind up dead?
7. Hugh makes a major decision about his future after he speaks to Ben in Part 2, Chapter 5. What is the decision? Why does he make it? What is the outcome?
8. Where does Hugh find Tonio in Part 2, Chapter 4, and what does Tonio finally tell Hugh?
9. What deal do the partners come up with so that Edward's first request as Senior Partner goes through, but so the bank won't be compromised?
10. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Micky's plan to stop Tonio, and how is the plan carried out?
This section contains 1,273 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)