|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose funeral is being attended in Part 3, Chapter 1?
2. How does Edward get Solly to agree to give money to the Santamaria Railroad?
(a) Edward has to give up his partnership.
(b) Edward has to make a personal guarantee.
(c) Edward has to be nicer to Hugh.
(d) Edward has to take a share in a scheme of Solly's.
3. What has Hugh been unsuccessful at stopping in Part 2 , Chapter 5?
(a) The marriage of Rachel and Micky.
(b) The Santamaria Railroad.
(c) The knowledge of Peter's death.
(d) The death of Tonio.
4. What does Hugh tell Micky about Edward in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) That Edward is in love with him.
(b) That Edward knows Micky is up to no good.
(c) That Edward will be asked to leave the bank.
(d) That he knows about the drowning.
5. Who does Hugh believe is behind the fraud at the bank in Part 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ben Greenbourne go to Windfield in the Epilogue?
2. In what month does Dorothy marry and the bank collapses?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 1, what news does Emily bring to Maisie?
4. Why is Micky angry that he runs into Hugh when he returns to the club to play cards with Edward in Part 2, Chapter 5?
5. What is happening at Nellie's that is a gimmick that April put into practice?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Edward become Senior Partner of the bank?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Micky's plan to stop Tonio, and how is the plan carried out?
3. How does Emily get her annulment?
4. Why are Hugh's children home alone when Maisie arrives in Part 3, Chapter 4?
5. What deal do the partners come up with so that Edward's first request as Senior Partner goes through, but so the bank won't be compromised?
6. What has become of Edward's and Micky's marriages by Part 2, Chapter 5?
7. How does Micky finally get Edward to talk to him in Part 3, Chapter 2, after Edward discovers the truth about the drowning?
8. What is the concern over the Cordovan loans and the revolution?
9. What schemes does Augusta come up with once she learns that Ben will be given the peerage and not Joseph?
10. How does Hugh want to handle the failing of the bank with his family members? How do they respond?
This section contains 1,270 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)