|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Ben continue his relationship with his daughter-in-law, Maisie?
(a) She is not Jewish.
(b) She was a commoner and the child was not Solly's.
(c) Ben does not trust that she will handle money well.
(d) She is mean to Ben.
2. Why is Micky worried at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) He had to tell his father there would be no money.
(b) Augusta won't speak to him.
(c) The police know about the drowning.
(d) Edward is avoiding him.
3. What does Hugh tell Micky about Edward in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) That he knows about the drowning.
(b) That Edward is in love with him.
(c) That Edward will be asked to leave the bank.
(d) That Edward knows Micky is up to no good.
4. What has Hugh been unsuccessful at stopping in Part 2 , Chapter 5?
(a) The knowledge of Peter's death.
(b) The marriage of Rachel and Micky.
(c) The Santamaria Railroad.
(d) The death of Tonio.
5. What does Hugh learn in his conversation with Ben in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Ben believes Solly was murdered.
(b) Solly did not know Bertie was not his.
(c) Solly did not know Maisie was poor.
(d) Bertie is his son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hugh do to try to save Pilaster's reputation?
2. What does Emily do to Augusta when Augusta tries to take the papers from her in Part 3, Chapter 2?
3. What gift does Hugh give to Nora after Maisie's party?
4. Why does Tonio come back to London in Part 2, Chapter 4?
5. Whose funeral is being attended in Part 3, Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Ben Greenbourne changed by the Epilogue?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Maisie do with Nora that is risky but very satisfying in its result?
3. What does Emily do to attempt to have Edward's child, and how does it all backfire?
4. How much time has passed between the end of Part 2, and the beginning of Part 3? What major changes have occurred?
5. How does Micky finally get Edward to talk to him in Part 3, Chapter 2, after Edward discovers the truth about the drowning?
6. What deal do the partners come up with so that Edward's first request as Senior Partner goes through, but so the bank won't be compromised?
7. What schemes does Augusta come up with once she learns that Ben will be given the peerage and not Joseph?
8. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Micky's plan to stop Tonio, and how is the plan carried out?
9. How does Edward become Senior Partner of the bank?
10. How does Micky escape the authorities and still wind up dead?
This section contains 1,341 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)