|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maisie and Dan's conversation about with the guests at the wedding in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Pilaster bank.
(b) Social issues.
(d) The lavish food.
2. In what month does Dorothy marry and the bank collapses?
3. What do the partners want from Edward after the money crisis is discovered?
(a) His dignity.
(b) A written apology.
(d) His resignation.
4. In Part 3, Chapter 1, what news does Emily bring to Maisie?
(a) Emiily has fallen in love with a poet.
(b) Emily is going to have a baby.
(c) Emily will divorced Edward.
(d) Emily and Edward have reuinited.
5. Why is Micky worried at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) Augusta won't speak to him.
(b) Edward is avoiding him.
(c) The police know about the drowning.
(d) He had to tell his father there would be no money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose funeral is being attended in Part 3, Chapter 1?
2. How many children does Hugh have?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 5, what simile does Follett use to speak of how Augusta feels about Joseph's new title?
4. In Part 3, what does Hugh tell Edward that changes everything for Edward?
5. Where do Edward and Augusta spend the rest of Edward's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Emily do to attempt to have Edward's child, and how does it all backfire?
2. Hugh makes a major decision about his future after he speaks to Ben in Part 2, Chapter 5. What is the decision? Why does he make it? What is the outcome?
3. What deal do the partners come up with so that Edward's first request as Senior Partner goes through, but so the bank won't be compromised?
4. What has become of Edward's and Micky's marriages by Part 2, Chapter 5?
5. What schemes does Augusta come up with once she learns that Ben will be given the peerage and not Joseph?
6. What becomes of Edward, Augusta, Hugh, Maisie, Dan and Rachel?
7. What does Maisie discover about the incident at the ball, and how does she make the discovery?
8. What does Hugh piece together in Part 3, and what does he do with the information? How is it received?
9. What happens between Solly, Edward and Micky in Part 2, Chapter 5?
10. What occurs between Maisie and Ben Greenbourne after Solly's death?
This section contains 1,283 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)