|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Augusta ask Hobbes to do to help her get Joseph the peerage?
(a) To write a slanderous piece against Ben.
(b) To write that a Chistian banker is needed.
(c) To write a glowing piece for Joseph.
(d) To write a slanderous piece against Jews.
2. What does Augusta ask Lady Morte to do to help Joseph get the peerage?
(a) To tell Lord Morte not to vote for Ben.
(b) To tell Lord Morte to gather his friends to vote for Joseph.
(c) To tell Her Majesty that Ben is a practicing Jew.
(d) To tell Her Majesty that Ben is a sinner.
3. What is Maisie and Dan's conversation about with the guests at the wedding in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Social issues.
(b) The lavish food.
(c) Pilaster bank.
4. To whom does Maisie take Emily to find answers to her questions that she poses at the afternoon tea?
5. Why doesn't Ben continue his relationship with his daughter-in-law, Maisie?
(a) She is not Jewish.
(b) Ben does not trust that she will handle money well.
(c) She was a commoner and the child was not Solly's.
(d) She is mean to Ben.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Hugh have?
2. In Part 3, how does Nora treat her children?
3. What bad news does Hugh bring to Rachel in Part 3, Chapter 3?
4. Where does Hugh find Tonio in Part 2, Chapter 4?
5. Who is the unhappy guest at the wedding in Part 3, Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the concern over the Cordovan loans and the revolution?
2. Hugh makes a major decision about his future after he speaks to Ben in Part 2, Chapter 5. What is the decision? Why does he make it? What is the outcome?
3. What changes have come into Emily's life by Part 3?
4. How does Emily get her annulment?
5. What becomes of Edward, Augusta, Hugh, Maisie, Dan and Rachel?
6. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Micky's plan to stop Tonio, and how is the plan carried out?
7. How does Micky escape the authorities and still wind up dead?
8. How does Micky finally get Edward to talk to him in Part 3, Chapter 2, after Edward discovers the truth about the drowning?
9. How does Hugh want to handle the failing of the bank with his family members? How do they respond?
10. What happens between Solly, Edward and Micky in Part 2, Chapter 5?
This section contains 1,252 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)