|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hugh believe is behind the fraud at the bank in Part 3?
2. Why is Augusta in a wheelchair in the Epilogue?
(a) She fell trying to jump onto the ship as it moved out of the pier.
(b) She fell down her stairs trying to get her trunk out of the house.
(c) Micky beat her.
(d) She hurt her back throwing Micky overboard.
3. In Part 3, what does Hugh tell Edward that changes everything for Edward?
(a) That Augusta and Micky have had a long time affair.
(b) That Micky is a murderer.
(c) That Emily was involved with another man,.
(d) That Micky loves Edward.
4. What does Mulberry do when Hugh tells him to close the bank's doors?
(a) He cries.
(b) He curses.
(c) He closes the doors.
(d) He refuses to close the doors.
5. How does Micky persuade Edward to secretly give him the loan in Part 3?
(a) He tells Edward that he loves him.
(b) He tells Edward that he will have to return to Cordova.
(c) He tells Edward that he loves Augusta and will have to tell her if he does not get the money.
(d) He asks Edward to come live with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tonio come back to London in Part 2, Chapter 4?
2. What does Hugh tell the family that they must do after the bank folds?
3. What does Emily want to discuss with Maisie after one of her afternoon teas in Part 2, Chapter 3?
4. What does Emily do to Augusta when Augusta tries to take the papers from her in Part 3, Chapter 2?
5. What does the Prince of Wales tell Maisie that he will do for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hugh want to handle the failing of the bank with his family members? How do they respond?
2. What occurs between Maisie and Ben Greenbourne after Solly's death?
3. What becomes of Edward, Augusta, Hugh, Maisie, Dan and Rachel?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Micky's plan to stop Tonio, and how is the plan carried out?
5. Hugh makes a major decision about his future after he speaks to Ben in Part 2, Chapter 5. What is the decision? Why does he make it? What is the outcome?
6. What is the concern over the Cordovan loans and the revolution?
7. Describe Dotty and Lord Ipswich's wedding.
8. What happens between Solly, Edward and Micky in Part 2, Chapter 5?
9. What has become of Edward's and Micky's marriages by Part 2, Chapter 5?
10. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Maisie do with Nora that is risky but very satisfying in its result?
This section contains 1,237 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)