|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Tonio at the train station in Part 3, Chapter 4?
(a) Micky shoots him.
(b) He joins Micky and attempts to kill Hugh.
(c) Micky pushes him in front of the train.
(d) He slips and falls in front of the train.
2. Why is Micky worried at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) Augusta won't speak to him.
(b) He had to tell his father there would be no money.
(c) The police know about the drowning.
(d) Edward is avoiding him.
3. What risk does Maisie take for Nora in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) She keeps a secret from Solly for her.
(b) She is going to re-introduce her to society.
(c) She speaks to Augusta on her behalf.
(d) She goes to April's with her.
4. In Part 3, how does Nora treat her children?
(a) Well, but not warmly.
(b) She ignores them.
(c) With irritability.
(d) With love and affection.
5. How old is Hugh in Part 3 of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Prince of Wales tell Maisie that he will do for her?
2. What do the partners want from Edward after the money crisis is discovered?
3. What bad news does Hugh bring to Rachel in Part 3, Chapter 3?
4. Why doesn't Ben continue his relationship with his daughter-in-law, Maisie?
5. What do Rachel and Micky argue about after the small dinner party Rachel had given for the Foreign Ministry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Emily do to attempt to have Edward's child, and how does it all backfire?
2. What schemes does Augusta come up with once she learns that Ben will be given the peerage and not Joseph?
3. What is the concern over the Cordovan loans and the revolution?
4. What becomes of Edward, Augusta, Hugh, Maisie, Dan and Rachel?
5. What deal do the partners come up with so that Edward's first request as Senior Partner goes through, but so the bank won't be compromised?
6. Why are Hugh's children home alone when Maisie arrives in Part 3, Chapter 4?
7. Hugh makes a major decision about his future after he speaks to Ben in Part 2, Chapter 5. What is the decision? Why does he make it? What is the outcome?
8. What does Maisie discover about the incident at the ball, and how does she make the discovery?
9. What happens between Solly, Edward and Micky in Part 2, Chapter 5?
10. How does Micky escape the authorities and still wind up dead?
This section contains 1,373 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)