|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, what does Hugh tell Edward that changes everything for Edward?
(a) That Micky loves Edward.
(b) That Augusta and Micky have had a long time affair.
(c) That Micky is a murderer.
(d) That Emily was involved with another man,.
2. What news does Edward give Micky when MIcky tells him that he is leaving the country?
(a) Edward will not go with Micky.
(b) Edward has syphilis.
(c) Edward loathes Micky.
(d) Edward loves Micky.
3. What does Hugh tell Micky about Edward in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) That he knows about the drowning.
(b) That Edward is in love with him.
(c) That Edward will be asked to leave the bank.
(d) That Edward knows Micky is up to no good.
4. What is the last place that Hugh visits?
(a) Peter's grave.
(b) The bank.
(c) His house in Kensington.
(d) The pond at Windfield.
5. Why do Hugh and Samuel decide to resign from the bank?
(a) Because the bank is backing Cordova.
(b) They want to open a bank of their own.
(c) Because Edward is named Senior Partner.
(d) They want to work with the Greenbournes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maisie ask of Hugh after they return from Bertie's school in Part 3, Chapter 1?
2. Whose funeral is being attended in Part 3, Chapter 1?
3. What gift does Hugh give to Nora after Maisie's party?
4. What does Emily want to discuss with Maisie after one of her afternoon teas in Part 2, Chapter 3?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Edward do to Emily when he finds out that she has tricked him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Hugh find Tonio in Part 2, Chapter 4, and what does Tonio finally tell Hugh?
2. How much time has passed between the end of Part 2, and the beginning of Part 3? What major changes have occurred?
3. What deal do the partners come up with so that Edward's first request as Senior Partner goes through, but so the bank won't be compromised?
4. How has Ben Greenbourne changed by the Epilogue?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Micky's plan to stop Tonio, and how is the plan carried out?
6. How does Emily get her annulment?
7. What occurs between Maisie and Ben Greenbourne after Solly's death?
8. What does Maisie discover about the incident at the ball, and how does she make the discovery?
9. What has become of Edward's and Micky's marriages by Part 2, Chapter 5?
10. With what question does Emily go to Maisie for help in Part 2, Chapter 3? Why Maisie? What does Maisie do to help her?
This section contains 1,239 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)