|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the partners back Augusta's desire to have Edward as Senior Partner in Part 3?
(a) She had begged them to.
(b) It is the right decision.
(c) They don't want Hugh as Senior Partner.
(d) She has blackmailed them.
2. What has Hugh been unsuccessful at stopping in Part 2 , Chapter 5?
(a) The knowledge of Peter's death.
(b) The Santamaria Railroad.
(c) The marriage of Rachel and Micky.
(d) The death of Tonio.
3. How does Micky respond to what Emily does to trick Edward?
(a) He leaves the room.
(b) He yells obscenities.
(c) He laughs heartily.
(d) He calls for April to come fetch Emily.
4. What does Hugh tell the family that they must do after the bank folds?
(a) Come to the bank to get what cash they can.
(b) Take all of their personal belongings and hide them.
(c) Dismiss their servants; sell their houses.
(d) Sell what they can and keep the money.
5. What is Maisie and Dan's conversation about with the guests at the wedding in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) The lavish food.
(b) Social issues.
(c) Pilaster bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tonio come back to London in Part 2, Chapter 4?
2. To whom does Maisie take Emily to find answers to her questions that she poses at the afternoon tea?
3. What does Hugh finally learn from Tonio in Part 2, Chapter 4?
4. What compromise do the partners come to regarding Micky's loan?
5. What happens to Tonio at the train station in Part 3, Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Micky finally get Edward to talk to him in Part 3, Chapter 2, after Edward discovers the truth about the drowning?
2. What does Maisie discover about the incident at the ball, and how does she make the discovery?
3. What does Emily do to attempt to have Edward's child, and how does it all backfire?
4. How much time has passed between the end of Part 2, and the beginning of Part 3? What major changes have occurred?
5. What deal do the partners come up with so that Edward's first request as Senior Partner goes through, but so the bank won't be compromised?
6. What is the concern over the Cordovan loans and the revolution?
7. What occurs between Maisie and Ben Greenbourne after Solly's death?
8. Describe Dotty and Lord Ipswich's wedding.
9. What has become of Edward's and Micky's marriages by Part 2, Chapter 5?
10. Why are Hugh's children home alone when Maisie arrives in Part 3, Chapter 4?
This section contains 1,191 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)