|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What personal matter is Ben dealing with in Part 3, Chapter 3, after the close of the bank?
(a) Financial problems.
(b) Health issues.
(c) His granddaughter is missing.
(d) A struggle over losing Bertie.
2. How many children does Hugh have?
3. How does Emily respond to Edward in Part 2, Chapter 4 when he finds out that she has tricked him?
(a) She begs him to not give up on them.
(b) She kicks Micky in the groin.
(c) She tells Edward it is his fault.
(d) She punches him.
4. Why do the partners back Augusta's desire to have Edward as Senior Partner in Part 3?
(a) They don't want Hugh as Senior Partner.
(b) She has blackmailed them.
(c) It is the right decision.
(d) She had begged them to.
5. In what month does Dorothy marry and the bank collapses?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mulberry do when Hugh tells him to close the bank's doors?
2. How does Edward get Solly to agree to give money to the Santamaria Railroad?
3. Where is Maisie working in Part 3, Chapter 1?
4. Why is Augusta in a wheelchair in the Epilogue?
5. How does Micky respond to what Emily does to trick Edward?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with the bonds that the bank was going to sell in order to loan Micky the money? Who is behind the deceit, and what happens to him?
2. What happens between Rachel and Micky in Part 2, Chapter 4?
3. How much time has passed between the end of Part 2, and the beginning of Part 3? What major changes have occurred?
4. Hugh makes a major decision about his future after he speaks to Ben in Part 2, Chapter 5. What is the decision? Why does he make it? What is the outcome?
5. What does Hugh piece together in Part 3, and what does he do with the information? How is it received?
6. What has become of Edward's and Micky's marriages by Part 2, Chapter 5?
7. How does Micky finally get Edward to talk to him in Part 3, Chapter 2, after Edward discovers the truth about the drowning?
8. What does Maisie discover about the incident at the ball, and how does she make the discovery?
9. What does Emily do to attempt to have Edward's child, and how does it all backfire?
10. How does Edward become Senior Partner of the bank?
This section contains 1,246 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)