|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Edward give Micky when MIcky tells him that he is leaving the country?
(a) Edward loves Micky.
(b) Edward will not go with Micky.
(c) Edward has syphilis.
(d) Edward loathes Micky.
2. How many children does Hugh have?
3. What happens to Tonio at the train station in Part 3, Chapter 4?
(a) Micky pushes him in front of the train.
(b) He slips and falls in front of the train.
(c) He joins Micky and attempts to kill Hugh.
(d) Micky shoots him.
4. What news does Nora give Hugh in Part 2, Chapter 5 that stops Hugh from making a major decision about his future?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She knows Bertie is his.
(c) She threatens Maisie if Hugh should leave her.
(d) She wants to leave him.
5. Why does Tonio come back to London in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) To take his job back.
(b) To warn Hugh of Micky's murderous family.
(c) To sway the Prime Minister to back President Garcia.
(d) To kill Micky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mulberry do when Hugh tells him to close the bank's doors?
2. What is the last place that Hugh visits?
3. What does Emily want to discuss with Maisie after one of her afternoon teas in Part 2, Chapter 3?
4. What does Hugh do to try to save Pilaster's reputation?
5. Where do Hugh and Nora move to in Part 2, Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hugh want to handle the failing of the bank with his family members? How do they respond?
2. How has Ben Greenbourne changed by the Epilogue?
3. What happens with the bonds that the bank was going to sell in order to loan Micky the money? Who is behind the deceit, and what happens to him?
4. What has become of Edward's and Micky's marriages by Part 2, Chapter 5?
5. How does Micky finally get Edward to talk to him in Part 3, Chapter 2, after Edward discovers the truth about the drowning?
6. What occurs between Maisie and Ben Greenbourne after Solly's death?
7. What schemes does Augusta come up with once she learns that Ben will be given the peerage and not Joseph?
8. Describe Dotty and Lord Ipswich's wedding.
9. What deal do the partners come up with so that Edward's first request as Senior Partner goes through, but so the bank won't be compromised?
10. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what does Augusta attempt to do to get cash for herself, and then what does she steal that will allow her to have a decent income?
This section contains 1,283 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)