|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has become of Maisie and Hugh in the Epilogue?
(a) They raise the children together but don't marry.
(b) They go their separate ways.
(c) They remain friends.
(d) They marry after Nora leaves.
2. Why doesn't Ben continue his relationship with his daughter-in-law, Maisie?
(a) She is not Jewish.
(b) She is mean to Ben.
(c) Ben does not trust that she will handle money well.
(d) She was a commoner and the child was not Solly's.
3. What does Hugh tell Micky about Edward in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) That he knows about the drowning.
(b) That Edward will be asked to leave the bank.
(c) That Edward is in love with him.
(d) That Edward knows Micky is up to no good.
4. What is Maisie and Dan's conversation about with the guests at the wedding in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(b) Social issues.
(c) Pilaster bank.
(d) The lavish food.
5. Who does Hugh believe is behind the fraud at the bank in Part 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening at Nellie's that is a gimmick that April put into practice?
2. What were the Mirandas planning on doing with the money they wanted to obtain from Pilaster's Bank?
3. What does the Prince of Wales tell Maisie that he will do for her?
4. Why do Hugh and Samuel decide to resign from the bank?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 5, what simile does Follett use to speak of how Augusta feels about Joseph's new title?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has become of Edward's and Micky's marriages by Part 2, Chapter 5?
2. How does Hugh want to handle the failing of the bank with his family members? How do they respond?
3. What does Maisie discover about the incident at the ball, and how does she make the discovery?
4. Why are Hugh's children home alone when Maisie arrives in Part 3, Chapter 4?
5. How has Ben Greenbourne changed by the Epilogue?
6. What is the concern over the Cordovan loans and the revolution?
7. With what question does Emily go to Maisie for help in Part 2, Chapter 3? Why Maisie? What does Maisie do to help her?
8. What does Hugh piece together in Part 3, and what does he do with the information? How is it received?
9. What changes have come into Emily's life by Part 3?
10. Describe Dotty and Lord Ipswich's wedding.
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)