|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Augusta in a wheelchair in the Epilogue?
(a) She fell trying to jump onto the ship as it moved out of the pier.
(b) She fell down her stairs trying to get her trunk out of the house.
(c) Micky beat her.
(d) She hurt her back throwing Micky overboard.
2. What personal matter is Ben dealing with in Part 3, Chapter 3, after the close of the bank?
(a) Financial problems.
(b) His granddaughter is missing.
(c) A struggle over losing Bertie.
(d) Health issues.
3. What does Hugh do to try to save Pilaster's reputation?
(a) He goes to Tonio for help.
(b) He goes to Ben for help.
(c) He tries to get the Cordovan government to pay the loans.
(d) He writes an article for the newspaper.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 4, under what name does Micky intend to travel?
(a) Tonio Silva.
(b) M.R. Andrews.
(c) Hugh Pilaster.
(d) Edward Pilaster.
5. Why doesn't Ben continue his relationship with his daughter-in-law, Maisie?
(a) She is mean to Ben.
(b) Ben does not trust that she will handle money well.
(c) She is not Jewish.
(d) She was a commoner and the child was not Solly's.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, what does Hugh tell Edward that changes everything for Edward?
2. What does Emily do to Augusta when Augusta tries to take the papers from her in Part 3, Chapter 2?
3. What does Hugh finally do with Maisie when he goes to the hospital to see Rachel?
4. Why does Tonio come back to London in Part 2, Chapter 4?
5. How does Micky persuade Edward to secretly give him the loan in Part 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What deal do the partners come up with so that Edward's first request as Senior Partner goes through, but so the bank won't be compromised?
2. What does Emily do to attempt to have Edward's child, and how does it all backfire?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Maisie do with Nora that is risky but very satisfying in its result?
4. What does Hugh piece together in Part 3, and what does he do with the information? How is it received?
5. What happens between Solly, Edward and Micky in Part 2, Chapter 5?
6. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what does Augusta attempt to do to get cash for herself, and then what does she steal that will allow her to have a decent income?
7. What is the concern over the Cordovan loans and the revolution?
8. What happens between Rachel and Micky in Part 2, Chapter 4?
9. How much time has passed between the end of Part 2, and the beginning of Part 3? What major changes have occurred?
10. What occurs between Maisie and Ben Greenbourne after Solly's death?
This section contains 1,359 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)