|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Augusta ask Hobbes to do to help her get Joseph the peerage?
(a) To write a glowing piece for Joseph.
(b) To write a slanderous piece against Jews.
(c) To write that a Chistian banker is needed.
(d) To write a slanderous piece against Ben.
2. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Edward do to Emily when he finds out that she has tricked him?
(a) He punches her in the face.
(b) He apologizes to her.
(c) He wraps her up and sends her home.
(d) He spits on her.
3. What hope does Hugh have if the Silva's faction wins the revolution?
(a) Micky will be gone from his life forever.
(b) Augusta will be gone from his life forever.
(c) Edward will be completely ruined.
(d) The Cordovan government may repay the loans.
4. What bad news does Hugh bring to Rachel in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) The government wants the hospital to close.
(b) The hospital's money is gone.
(c) Dan has been killed.
(d) Micky has been killed.
5. What were the Mirandas planning on doing with the money they wanted to obtain from Pilaster's Bank?
(a) Lay seige to the capital of Cordova.
(b) Build another railroad.
(c) Build a harbor.
(d) Open more mines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Nora give Hugh in Part 2, Chapter 5 that stops Hugh from making a major decision about his future?
2. What is the catalyst that brings down the bank?
3. Why does Tonio come back to London in Part 2, Chapter 4?
4. In Part 3, how does Nora treat her children?
5. Who does not take Augusta's side against Hugh in Part 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Maisie do with Nora that is risky but very satisfying in its result?
2. How does Hugh want to handle the failing of the bank with his family members? How do they respond?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what is Micky's plan to stop Tonio, and how is the plan carried out?
4. What is the concern over the Cordovan loans and the revolution?
5. Where does Hugh find Tonio in Part 2, Chapter 4, and what does Tonio finally tell Hugh?
6. What changes have come into Emily's life by Part 3?
7. How much time has passed between the end of Part 2, and the beginning of Part 3? What major changes have occurred?
8. What does Hugh piece together in Part 3, and what does he do with the information? How is it received?
9. What does Maisie discover about the incident at the ball, and how does she make the discovery?
10. Why are Hugh's children home alone when Maisie arrives in Part 3, Chapter 4?
This section contains 1,217 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)