|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hugh find Tonio in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) In a rundown hotel.
(b) In a public hospital.
(c) At the docks.
(d) In a warehouse.
2. What is Maisie and Dan's conversation about with the guests at the wedding in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Pilaster bank.
(b) The lavish food.
(d) Social issues.
3. What does Maisie find out from Count Tokoly?
(a) That Augusta asked the Count to make a scene with Nora.
(b) That Augusta told the Count that Nora was susceptible.
(c) That Nora made a pass at the Count.
(d) That Micky had a hand in the situation at the costume ball.
4. What does Hugh think about telling Ben in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) That Micky killed Solly.
(b) That Solly never loved his father.
(c) That Bertie is Hugh's son.
(d) That Ben is a mean old man.
5. What is happening at Nellie's that is a gimmick that April put into practice?
(a) Women's choice.
(b) A masquerade.
(c) Gambling and girls.
(d) Blind Man's Buff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Maisie working in Part 3, Chapter 1?
2. What has become of Maisie and Hugh in the Epilogue?
3. Why does Micky follow Solly from the club after he argues with Edward?
4. In Part 3, how does Nora treat her children?
5. Why do Hugh and Samuel decide to resign from the bank?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Micky escape the authorities and still wind up dead?
2. How does Hugh want to handle the failing of the bank with his family members? How do they respond?
3. With what question does Emily go to Maisie for help in Part 2, Chapter 3? Why Maisie? What does Maisie do to help her?
4. What does Maisie discover about the incident at the ball, and how does she make the discovery?
5. Describe Dotty and Lord Ipswich's wedding.
6. How does Micky finally get Edward to talk to him in Part 3, Chapter 2, after Edward discovers the truth about the drowning?
7. What deal do the partners come up with so that Edward's first request as Senior Partner goes through, but so the bank won't be compromised?
8. How does Edward become Senior Partner of the bank?
9. What does Emily do to attempt to have Edward's child, and how does it all backfire?
10. Where does Hugh find Tonio in Part 2, Chapter 4, and what does Tonio finally tell Hugh?
This section contains 1,267 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)