|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Solly take the train and the bus in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) He does not want Maisie to feel badly by taking a carriage.
(b) He has no money.
(c) Because he is with Maisie who is poor.
(d) He wants to experience the other side.
2. Who helps Micky cover up the murder?
(b) The nurse.
3. What title does Micky now have in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) President of Cordova.
(b) Diplomatic Attache.
(c) Cordovan Minister.
(d) Partner at the Pilaster's Bank.
4. What does Augusta reveal to Micky at the end of Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) That she is afraid for Micky about the drowning.
(b) That a lawyer is looking into the drowning of Peter.
(c) That she knows he killed Peter.
(d) That she wants him.
5. Why is Micky afraid of his father?
(a) He has beaten Micky many times.
(b) He is ignorant and angry.
(c) He can force Micky to go back to Mexico.
(d) He has done heinous things to those who have gone against him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Augusta manage to get Maisie to stay away from Hugh?
2. How does Micky kill Seth?
3. What does Hugh decide to do with his future after the Nora incident in Part 2, Chapter 2?
4. How does Hugh help Sir John Cammel and himself at the same time in Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. Why is Augusta having a tea party in Part I, Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What more does Hugh know about Peter's drowning in Part 1, Chapter 3, now that he has corresponded with Albert Cammel, the fourth boy that was swimming that day?
2. Who is Augusta now manipulating in Part 2, and why?
3. What does Micky do to Seth in Part 1, Chapter 5? Why?
4. What does the night in the brothel reveal about Edward and Micky?
5. Describe the ratting and explain its significance to the story.
6. What kind of a character is Seth? Be sure to mention his business acumen and religious beliefs.
7. What has happened with Micky in the six years that Hugh was gone, and what are his future and immediate plans?
8. What kind of a character is Hugh?
9. What does Micky do to finalize the demise of Tonio?
10. What do the letters to Florence and the feelings of Hugh's that follow tell you about their relationship?
This section contains 1,334 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)