|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joseph become angry with Augusta when she insists that he go to the park and NOT the bank on the holiday?
(a) He does not want to be told what to do.
(b) He wants to go to the bank with Hugh.
(c) He wants Augusta to go to the bank with him.
(d) He hates the park.
2. Why do Maisie and Hugh go into Augusta's house in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) They want to be alone in his room.
(b) A rain storm comes and soaks them.
(c) They are running from the ruffians from the park.
(d) Miasie wants to see the house.
3. Why do Micky and Edward treat Nell like royalty?
(a) She owns the bar.
(b) She is royalty.
(c) They owe her money.
(d) To many, she is as important as the Queen.
4. What does Augusta know as Samuel Pilaster's weakness?
(d) A young man.
5. What news of Seth does Augusta give Micky when he comes to tea in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) Seth will give Micky his loan.
(b) Seth's health has improved.
(c) Seth's health is failing.
(d) Seth has resigned from the bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What correspondence is sent between Hugh and Florence in Part 1, Chapter 2?
2. Why won't Pilaster bank loan Carlos Miranda money?
3. How does Micky get Tonio to offer him his job in Part 1, Chapter 4?
4. Where does Hugh go for the month of August before he leaves on his journey?
5. What do Micky and Edward do to the other boys at the watering hole?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 2, how does Augusta continue to manipulate what happens at the bank concerning the naming of the Senior Partner?
2. What has happened with Micky in the six years that Hugh was gone, and what are his future and immediate plans?
3. What has become of Maisie and her family by Part 2?
4. What transpires about marriage and taking care of oneself between Maisie and April in Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. What happens to Hugh in Part 1, Chapter 5?
6. What kind of a character is Carlos Miranda?
7. How are Micky and Augusta tied to each other forever?
8. What more does Hugh know about Peter's drowning in Part 1, Chapter 3, now that he has corresponded with Albert Cammel, the fourth boy that was swimming that day?
9. What secret is established in the Prologue?
10. How does Augusta split up Maisie and Hugh?
This section contains 1,424 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)