|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Albert Cammel's letter to Hugh reveal?
(a) That Micky and Edward had been telling the truth about the drowning.
(b) That Edward drowned Peter.
(c) That Albert will testify against Edward.
(d) That Micky and Augusta have a deeper relationship.
2. What title does Micky now have in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Cordovan Minister.
(b) Partner at the Pilaster's Bank.
(c) President of Cordova.
(d) Diplomatic Attache.
3. How does Micky get Tonio to stay at the baccarat game longer than he wants to?
(a) He gives him a cigar.
(b) He gives Tonio a winning hand.
(c) He offers him his own money to borrow.
(d) He has a woman come into the room.
4. Why does Hugh tell Edward that his mother is looking for him?
(a) To make Edward mad.
(b) To show Augusta that she is not in control.
(c) To be alone with Rachel.
(d) To be alone with Florence.
5. What does Papa tell Micky that he has planned for Micky's future?
(a) That Micky will become a general in Cordova.
(b) That Micky will become a soldier.
(c) That Micky will run the ranch in Cordova.
(d) That Micky will become President of Cordova.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tonio crying when he meets up with Hugh in the woods?
2. How does Joseph react to the incident with Nora in Part 2, Chapter 2?
3. What lie does Augusta tell Madeleine while riding in the park in Part 1, Chapter 3?
4. How does Hugh help Sir John Cammel and himself at the same time in Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. What position is Hugh an assistant to in Part I, Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Micky do to finalize the demise of Tonio?
2. What does Hugh like about Nora when he first meets her?
3. Describe the ratting and explain its significance to the story.
4. What transpires between Hugh and Maisie in Part I, Chapter 4?
5. What kind of a character is Hugh?
6. What information does Tonio bring to Hugh in Part 2, Chapter 2, and what does he tell him of Tonio's plans?
7. How does Maisie come back into the picture in Part 1, Chapter 2? Who is she with? What happens with her and Hugh?
8. What happens between Micky and Augusta in the church? What is the significance of their conversation?
9. How does Augusta split up Maisie and Hugh?
10. What happens to Hugh in Part 1, Chapter 5?
This section contains 1,343 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)