|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Micky afraid of his father?
(a) He is ignorant and angry.
(b) He has done heinous things to those who have gone against him.
(c) He can force Micky to go back to Mexico.
(d) He has beaten Micky many times.
2. What does Tonio do at the ratting that intrigues Micky?
(a) He places a large bet.
(b) He kisses April.
(c) He vomits.
(d) He laughs.
3. Who shows up at the costume ball and questions Hugh?
(a) Nora's parents.
(b) Maisie's brother, Danny.
(c) Peter Middleton's brother.
(d) The men from the New York bank.
4. Why does Solly take the train and the bus in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) Because he is with Maisie who is poor.
(b) He wants to experience the other side.
(c) He does not want Maisie to feel badly by taking a carriage.
(d) He has no money.
5. How much time passes before Hugh returns to London at the beginning of Part 2?
(a) Five years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Ten years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What class of people generally go to the Argyll Room?
2. What is Tonio's plan to ruin the Mirandas' plan?
3. Why does Maisie leave home in the Prologue?
4. What does Solly suggest to Hugh about Nora in Part 2, Chapter 2?
5. Why does Joseph become angry with Augusta when she insists that he go to the park and NOT the bank on the holiday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What transpires about marriage and taking care of oneself between Maisie and April in Part 1, Chapter 3?
2. What kind of a character is Carlos Miranda?
3. What happens to Hugh in Part 1, Chapter 5?
4. How are Micky and Augusta tied to each other forever?
5. What do the letters to Florence and the feelings of Hugh's that follow tell you about their relationship?
6. Why does Hugh go to the Greenbourne's for a job?
7. What secret is established in the Prologue?
8. What has happened with Micky in the six years that Hugh was gone, and what are his future and immediate plans?
9. Who is Augusta now manipulating in Part 2, and why?
10. What more does Hugh know about Peter's drowning in Part 1, Chapter 3, now that he has corresponded with Albert Cammel, the fourth boy that was swimming that day?
This section contains 1,377 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)