|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papa tell Micky that he has planned for Micky's future?
(a) That Micky will become President of Cordova.
(b) That Micky will run the ranch in Cordova.
(c) That Micky will become a soldier.
(d) That Micky will become a general in Cordova.
2. Who wins the ratting bet in Part 1, Chapter 2?
3. Why does Augusta show her new bedroom to Madeleine?
(a) Because they are good friends who share everything.
(b) She wants to show off her new Japanese style.
(c) She wants Madeleine to help her keep Hugh down.
(d) She wants Madeleine to help her ruin Samuel.
4. Why did Pilaster and Co. shut down?
(a) Toby Pilaster hanged himself.
(b) Nobody wanted the company's goods any longer.
(c) The bank collapsed.
(d) The workers went on strike.
5. How does Maisie initially react to Hugh and Nora's romance?
(a) She believes the two will do well together.
(b) She thinks Nora is madly in love with Hugh.
(c) She thinks Nora is too low class for Hugh.
(d) She believes Nora is using Hugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Solly suggest to Hugh about Nora in Part 2, Chapter 2?
2. Where does Hugh go for the month of August before he leaves on his journey?
3. What does Danny come to tell Maisie in Part 2, Chapter 1?
4. Why do Micky and Edward go to Nellie's in Part 1, Chapter 2?
5. How does Augusta get invited to the Duchess' costume ball?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Micky take control and keep control over the baccarat game?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 2, how does Augusta continue to manipulate what happens at the bank concerning the naming of the Senior Partner?
3. What kind of a character is Augusta?
4. What is the tale of Maisie and Danny, and what is its tie in to the boys at the school?
5. What happens between Micky and Augusta in the church? What is the significance of their conversation?
6. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what does Augusta attempt to do to get cash for herself, and then what does she steal that will allow her to have a decent income?
7. What does Micky do to Seth in Part 1, Chapter 5? Why?
8. What changes have come into Emily's life by Part 3?
9. What does Emily do to attempt to have Edward's child, and how does it all backfire?
10. What does the night in the brothel reveal about Edward and Micky?
This section contains 1,261 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)