|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Papa so angry with Micky in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) Micky does not want to back to Cordova.
(b) Micky does not want Papa to wage war in Cordova.
(c) Micky calls Papa a barbarian.
(d) He still has not gotten Papa his loan.
2. What is Tonio's plan to ruin the Mirandas' plan?
(a) Blackmail the Mirandas.
(b) Purchase guns to start a war against them.
(c) Personally convince the bank not to lend them money.
(d) Run an editorial explaining the condition in the mines.
3. Why doesn't Maisie spend the entire day with Solly?
(a) She has plans to meet Hugh.
(b) She is bored.
(c) She is not allowed to.
(d) She doesn't like horse racing.
4. What system does Hugh come up with at the bank to organize papers?
(a) Accounts receivable tray.
(c) An input/output tray.
(d) A special paper tray.
5. What types of people went to the horse races in London in the late 1800s?
(a) All types.
(b) Just the weathy.
(c) Just the poor.
(d) Just the working class.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maisie initially react to Hugh and Nora's romance?
2. Why does Hugh go with Micky and Edward to Nellie's?
3. Solly's parents do NOT like Maisie for all of the following reasons except for which one?
4. What does Maisie stop from happening to Hugh during the Punch and Judy show?
5. What does Albert Cammel's letter to Hugh reveal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of a character is Augusta?
2. How are Micky and Augusta tied to each other forever?
3. What does Micky do to Seth in Part 1, Chapter 5? Why?
4. What kind of a character is Hugh?
5. How does Augusta split up Maisie and Hugh?
6. What does Micky do to finalize the demise of Tonio?
7. What transpires between Hugh and Maisie in Part I, Chapter 4?
8. What do the letters to Florence and the feelings of Hugh's that follow tell you about their relationship?
9. What more does Hugh know about Peter's drowning in Part 1, Chapter 3, now that he has corresponded with Albert Cammel, the fourth boy that was swimming that day?
10. What is the tale of Maisie and Danny, and what is its tie in to the boys at the school?
This section contains 1,400 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)