|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passes before Hugh returns to London at the beginning of Part 2?
(a) Two years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Six years.
2. What does Micky do at the baccarat game that makes things go his way?
(a) He deals, so he can stack the cards.
(b) He plays with Edward as they set up a scam.
(c) He plays with Tonio to help him lose.
(d) He barely bets, so he can't lose.
3. Who is Solly Greenhouse's date at the Argyll Room?
(a) Florence Stalworthy.
(b) April Tilsley.
(c) Rachel Bodwin.
(d) Maisie Robinson.
4. What does Danny come to tell Maisie in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) That she should not keep company with Hugh.
(b) That a bank has ruined him again.
(c) That her mother is ill again.
(d) That he needs her to give him money.
5. What does Augusta reveal to Micky at the end of Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) That she is afraid for Micky about the drowning.
(b) That she wants him.
(c) That a lawyer is looking into the drowning of Peter.
(d) That she knows he killed Peter.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 2, what is Hugh against the bank investing in?
2. What does Augusta pull out of her jewelry box in Part 2 to remind herself of the past?
3. What does Maisie eat with Bertie in the nursery?
4. What does Augusta discuss with Lady Morte that offends the Lady?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 5, who has posted a message in Lloyd's Weekly News for Maisie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Micky and Augusta in the church? What is the significance of their conversation?
2. What is the tale of Maisie and Danny, and what is its tie in to the boys at the school?
3. Why has Hugh come back from America in Part 2? (Be specific as to his goals.)
4. How does Augusta split up Maisie and Hugh?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 5, what has happened with Maisie since she last saw Hugh?
6. What transpires between Hugh and Maisie in Part I, Chapter 4?
7. What does Micky do to Seth in Part 1, Chapter 5? Why?
8. What has become of Maisie and her family by Part 2?
9. What information does Tonio bring to Hugh in Part 2, Chapter 2, and what does he tell him of Tonio's plans?
10. What is the setting of the novel, and how does it affect the storyline immediately?
This section contains 1,316 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)