|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tonio do at the ratting that intrigues Micky?
(a) He kisses April.
(b) He vomits.
(c) He places a large bet.
(d) He laughs.
2. Where is Hugh packing to go to as Part I, Chapter 5 opens?
(a) New York.
3. Where does Hugh meet Nora?
(a) At the Greenbourne's house.
(b) In a bakery.
(c) At a club.
(d) She stumbles into him on the street.
4. Joseph promises Edward partnership at the bank when what happens?
(a) Edward marries.
(b) Edward stops hanging out with Micky.
(c) Edward brings in new accounts.
(d) Edward becomes friendly with Hugh.
5. How does Augusta get invited to the Duchess' costume ball?
(a) She has Joseph get her tickets.
(b) She has Micky get her tickets.
(c) She gets Lady Morte to get her tickets.
(d) She has Maisie get her tickets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What proposition does Hugh bring to the family bankers at the beginning of Part 2?
2. What do Micky and Edward do to the other boys at the watering hole?
3. Why does Augusta show her new bedroom to Madeleine?
4. What is the conversation about during tea in Part I, Chapter 5?
5. What does Hugh decide to do with his future after the Nora incident in Part 2, Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting of the novel, and how does it affect the storyline immediately?
2. How does Augusta split up Maisie and Hugh?
3. What kind of a character is Hugh?
4. How does Micky take control and keep control over the baccarat game?
5. What has happened with Micky in the six years that Hugh was gone, and what are his future and immediate plans?
6. Describe the ratting and explain its significance to the story.
7. What is the tale of Maisie and Danny, and what is its tie in to the boys at the school?
8. What transpires about marriage and taking care of oneself between Maisie and April in Part 1, Chapter 3?
9. What does Micky do to finalize the demise of Tonio?
10. How are Micky and Augusta tied to each other forever?
This section contains 1,330 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)