|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Tonio crying when he meets up with Hugh in the woods?
(a) Micky tried to drown him.
(b) He could not find his clothes.
(c) Edward beat him up.
(d) Peter drowned.
2. What does Augusta reveal to Micky at the end of Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) That she is afraid for Micky about the drowning.
(b) That a lawyer is looking into the drowning of Peter.
(c) That she knows he killed Peter.
(d) That she wants him.
3. Why do Micky and Edward treat Nell like royalty?
(a) She is royalty.
(b) To many, she is as important as the Queen.
(c) They owe her money.
(d) She owns the bar.
4. What kind of a woman is Augusta Pilaster?
(a) Strong and beautiful.
(b) Weak, yet beautiful.
(c) Easily swayed.
5. What does Joseph Pilaster collect?
(a) Jeweled snuff boxes.
(b) Jeweled rings.
(c) Ivory pipes.
(d) Peacock feathers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Micky and Edward do to the other boys at the watering hole?
2. What does Augusta lie to Lady Stalworthy about?
3. What is the relationship between Hugh and Edward?
4. How does Maisie initially react to Hugh and Nora's romance?
5. What does Hugh ask Maisie to do after the races in Part 1, Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has been Hugh's journey through the bank up to Part 1, Chapter 3?
2. Describe the ratting and explain its significance to the story.
3. What does Hugh like about Nora when he first meets her?
4. Why does Hugh go to the Greenbourne's for a job?
5. What information does Tonio bring to Hugh in Part 2, Chapter 2, and what does he tell him of Tonio's plans?
6. What does the night in the brothel reveal about Edward and Micky?
7. What does Micky do to finalize the demise of Tonio?
8. Who is Augusta now manipulating in Part 2, and why?
9. What has happened with Micky in the six years that Hugh was gone, and what are his future and immediate plans?
10. What does Nora do wrong at the costume ball, and how does she get into the predicament in the first place?
This section contains 1,350 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)