|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maisie initially react to Hugh and Nora's romance?
(a) She believes the two will do well together.
(b) She thinks Nora is madly in love with Hugh.
(c) She thinks Nora is too low class for Hugh.
(d) She believes Nora is using Hugh.
2. What does Micky decide to do in Part 2, Chapter 1 to get Edward to marry?
(a) Leave London.
(b) Force Edward to marry.
(c) Trick Edward into marriage.
(d) Micky decides to marry.
3. What does Albert Cammel's letter to Hugh reveal?
(a) That Edward drowned Peter.
(b) That Albert will testify against Edward.
(c) That Micky and Augusta have a deeper relationship.
(d) That Micky and Edward had been telling the truth about the drowning.
4. How does Joseph react to the incident with Nora in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) He leaves the party immediately.
(b) He questions whether Augusta was behind it all.
(c) He tells Hugh that he will not be a partner.
(d) He laughs.
5. Who is Solly Greenhouse's date at the Argyll Room?
(a) Rachel Bodwin.
(b) Maisie Robinson.
(c) Florence Stalworthy.
(d) April Tilsley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Solly's parents do NOT like Maisie for all of the following reasons except for which one?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 1, how many years have passed since the Prologue?
3. What does Samuel think of the offer that Hugh made to Cammel?
4. Why won't Pilaster bank loan Carlos Miranda money?
5. Why did Pilaster and Co. shut down?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 5, what has happened with Maisie since she last saw Hugh?
2. What happens between Micky and Augusta in the church? What is the significance of their conversation?
3. How are Micky and Augusta tied to each other forever?
4. How does Maisie come back into the picture in Part 1, Chapter 2? Who is she with? What happens with her and Hugh?
5. What does Nora do wrong at the costume ball, and how does she get into the predicament in the first place?
6. What kind of a character is Hugh?
7. What is the tale of Maisie and Danny, and what is its tie in to the boys at the school?
8. How does Micky take control and keep control over the baccarat game?
9. What does Micky do to Seth in Part 1, Chapter 5? Why?
10. What kind of a character is Augusta?
This section contains 1,287 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)