|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Augusta know as Samuel Pilaster's weakness?
(d) A young man.
2. What does Augusta reveal to Micky at the end of Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) That she knows he killed Peter.
(b) That a lawyer is looking into the drowning of Peter.
(c) That she is afraid for Micky about the drowning.
(d) That she wants him.
3. Why is Tonio crying when he meets up with Hugh in the woods?
(a) He could not find his clothes.
(b) Peter drowned.
(c) Micky tried to drown him.
(d) Edward beat him up.
4. Where does Hugh meet Nora?
(a) She stumbles into him on the street.
(b) At a club.
(c) In a bakery.
(d) At the Greenbourne's house.
5. What is the relationship between Hugh and Edward?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are best friends.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) They are enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Augusta have Micky walk her to the church in the Prologue?
2. What title does Micky now have in Part 2, Chapter 1?
3. Why doesn't Maisie spend the entire day with Solly?
4. How does Augusta get invited to the Duchess' costume ball?
5. Why does Augusta set Nora up at the ball?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hugh go to the Greenbourne's for a job?
2. What secret is established in the Prologue?
3. What happens to Hugh in Part 1, Chapter 5?
4. What more does Hugh know about Peter's drowning in Part 1, Chapter 3, now that he has corresponded with Albert Cammel, the fourth boy that was swimming that day?
5. What has become of Maisie and her family by Part 2?
6. In Part 1, Chapter 5, what has happened with Maisie since she last saw Hugh?
7. In Part 1, Chapter 2, how does Augusta continue to manipulate what happens at the bank concerning the naming of the Senior Partner?
8. Why has Hugh come back from America in Part 2? (Be specific as to his goals.)
9. What does Micky do to Seth in Part 1, Chapter 5? Why?
10. What has been Hugh's journey through the bank up to Part 1, Chapter 3?
This section contains 1,296 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)