|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Micky now reside in Part I, Chapter 1?
(b) Edward's house.
(d) At the university.
2. What does Augusta discuss with Lady Morte that offends the Lady?
(d) Young men.
3. How does Augusta get invited to the Duchess' costume ball?
(a) She has Maisie get her tickets.
(b) She has Joseph get her tickets.
(c) She has Micky get her tickets.
(d) She gets Lady Morte to get her tickets.
4. Who is Solly Greenhouse's date at the Argyll Room?
(a) April Tilsley.
(b) Rachel Bodwin.
(c) Maisie Robinson.
(d) Florence Stalworthy.
5. How much time passes before Hugh returns to London at the beginning of Part 2?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Augusta lie to Lady Stalworthy about?
2. How does Micky get Tonio to offer him his job in Part 1, Chapter 4?
3. What is Tonio's plan to ruin the Mirandas' plan?
4. What does Tonio do for a "living"?
5. What class of people generally go to the Argyll Room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nora do wrong at the costume ball, and how does she get into the predicament in the first place?
2. What transpires between Hugh and Maisie in Part I, Chapter 4?
3. How does Augusta split up Maisie and Hugh?
4. What kind of a character is Carlos Miranda?
5. What is the tale of Maisie and Danny, and what is its tie in to the boys at the school?
6. What has become of Maisie and her family by Part 2?
7. What kind of a character is Seth? Be sure to mention his business acumen and religious beliefs.
8. What does Hugh like about Nora when he first meets her?
9. How does Micky take control and keep control over the baccarat game?
10. What happens to Hugh in Part 1, Chapter 5?
This section contains 1,289 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)