|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of people went to the horse races in London in the late 1800s?
(a) All types.
(b) Just the working class.
(c) Just the poor.
(d) Just the weathy.
2. What does Augusta lie to Lady Stalworthy about?
(a) She says Hugh has had many women.
(b) She says Hugh wants Florence for her money.
(c) She says Hugh is a gambler.
(d) She says Hugh's father was mentally ill.
3. What does Augusta discuss with Lady Morte that offends the Lady?
(a) Young men.
4. What is the relationship between Hugh and Edward?
(a) They are enemies.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) They are best friends.
5. What does Maisie eat with Bertie in the nursery?
(c) Ice cream.
(d) Porridge and honey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What proposition does Hugh bring to the family bankers at the beginning of Part 2?
2. What happens in the park that draws Maisie closer to Hugh?
3. What does Albert Cammel's letter to Hugh reveal?
4. What kind of a school is Windfield?
5. What do Micky and Edward do to the other boys at the watering hole?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened with Micky in the six years that Hugh was gone, and what are his future and immediate plans?
2. Describe the ratting and explain its significance to the story.
3. What more does Hugh know about Peter's drowning in Part 1, Chapter 3, now that he has corresponded with Albert Cammel, the fourth boy that was swimming that day?
4. What information does Tonio bring to Hugh in Part 2, Chapter 2, and what does he tell him of Tonio's plans?
5. What does Hugh like about Nora when he first meets her?
6. What is the tale of Maisie and Danny, and what is its tie in to the boys at the school?
7. In Part 1, Chapter 5, what has happened with Maisie since she last saw Hugh?
8. What transpires about marriage and taking care of oneself between Maisie and April in Part 1, Chapter 3?
9. What secret is established in the Prologue?
10. What kind of a character is Seth? Be sure to mention his business acumen and religious beliefs.
This section contains 1,264 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)