|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 4, under what name does Micky intend to travel?
(a) Edward Pilaster.
(b) Hugh Pilaster.
(c) Tonio Silva.
(d) M.R. Andrews.
2. What do the partners want from Edward after the money crisis is discovered?
(a) His dignity.
(b) His resignation.
(d) A written apology.
3. In Part 3, Chapter 1, what news does Emily bring to Maisie?
(a) Emily and Edward have reuinited.
(b) Emily will divorced Edward.
(c) Emiily has fallen in love with a poet.
(d) Emily is going to have a baby.
4. What does the Prince of Wales tell Maisie that he will do for her?
(a) Speak with Augusta.
(b) Tell Augusta to stay away from Nora.
(c) Forgive Augusta.
(d) Ignore Augusta.
5. Where does Emily spend all of her time in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) In an apartment in the city.
(b) In a country house.
(c) At her parent's house.
(d) With Rachel.
6. What does Maisie say only a few moments after Hugh arrives to give his condolences in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Will you lend me money?
(b) Bertie is your son.
(c) If you hadn't married Nora, you could have married me.
(d) Who do you think murdered Solly?
7. In Part 2, Chapter 5, what simile does Follett use to speak of how Augusta feels about Joseph's new title?
(a) She "was like a hen that had laid an egg."
(b) She "was as happy as a lark."
(c) She "was as pleased as punch."
(d) She "was like a child on her birthday."
8. What news does Edward give Micky when MIcky tells him that he is leaving the country?
(a) Edward has syphilis.
(b) Edward loves Micky.
(c) Edward loathes Micky.
(d) Edward will not go with Micky.
9. What is Maisie and Dan's conversation about with the guests at the wedding in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) The lavish food.
(b) Social issues.
(c) Pilaster bank.
10. What does Hugh tell Micky about Edward in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) That Edward is in love with him.
(b) That Edward knows Micky is up to no good.
(c) That Edward will be asked to leave the bank.
(d) That he knows about the drowning.
11. What is happening at Nellie's that is a gimmick that April put into practice?
(a) Blind Man's Buff.
(b) A masquerade.
(c) Women's choice.
(d) Gambling and girls.
12. What news does Nora give Hugh in Part 2, Chapter 5 that stops Hugh from making a major decision about his future?
(a) She wants to leave him.
(b) She knows Bertie is his.
(c) She threatens Maisie if Hugh should leave her.
(d) She is pregnant.
13. What does Mulberry do when Hugh tells him to close the bank's doors?
(a) He curses.
(b) He cries.
(c) He refuses to close the doors.
(d) He closes the doors.
14. Where does Hugh find Tonio in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) In a warehouse.
(b) In a public hospital.
(c) In a rundown hotel.
(d) At the docks.
15. How many children does Hugh have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bertie go to school?
2. What has become of Maisie and Hugh in the Epilogue?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what does Micky find in Tonio's room?
4. What does Edward tell Micky about Whitehaven?
5. What does Solly love to watch Maisie do, as described in Part 2, Chapter 3?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)