|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hugh tell Micky about Edward in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) That Edward is in love with him.
(b) That he knows about the drowning.
(c) That Edward will be asked to leave the bank.
(d) That Edward knows Micky is up to no good.
2. What does Augusta ask Lady Morte to do to help Joseph get the peerage?
(a) To tell Lord Morte not to vote for Ben.
(b) To tell Her Majesty that Ben is a sinner.
(c) To tell Her Majesty that Ben is a practicing Jew.
(d) To tell Lord Morte to gather his friends to vote for Joseph.
3. What hope does Hugh have if the Silva's faction wins the revolution?
(a) Micky will be gone from his life forever.
(b) The Cordovan government may repay the loans.
(c) Edward will be completely ruined.
(d) Augusta will be gone from his life forever.
4. What is Maisie and Dan's conversation about with the guests at the wedding in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) The lavish food.
(b) Social issues.
(c) Pilaster bank.
5. What is the catalyst that brings down the bank?
(a) Investment in small businesses.
(b) Edward's bad management of the money.
(c) The Cordovan revolution.
(d) World recession.
6. What does Hugh finally do with Maisie when he goes to the hospital to see Rachel?
(a) He says he is leaving Nora.
(b) He tells her that he loves her.
(c) He cries.
(d) He kisses her.
7. To whom does Maisie take Emily to find answers to her questions that she poses at the afternoon tea?
8. Where is Maisie working in Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) At Windfield school.
(b) At Nellie's, with April.
(c) At Rachel's hospital.
(d) At the Pilaster Bank.
9. What does Hugh think about telling Ben in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) That Micky killed Solly.
(b) That Solly never loved his father.
(c) That Ben is a mean old man.
(d) That Bertie is Hugh's son.
10. Why is Solly so angry with Edward in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Solly discovered what he did to Emily.
(b) Solly knows how he has fought against Hugh.
(c) Solly knows that he and Augusta were behind the articles about Ben.
(d) Solly knows that the railroad investment is no good.
11. What does Mulberry do when Hugh tells him to close the bank's doors?
(a) He closes the doors.
(b) He cries.
(c) He curses.
(d) He refuses to close the doors.
12. What does Hugh learn in his conversation with Ben in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Ben believes Solly was murdered.
(b) Solly did not know Maisie was poor.
(c) Bertie is his son.
(d) Solly did not know Bertie was not his.
13. What does Solly love to watch Maisie do, as described in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Get dressed.
(c) Entertain their friends.
14. What does Hugh finally learn from Tonio in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Micky was instrumental in Tonio losing his job.
(b) Micky made sure Hugh was sent to Boston.
(c) Edward drowned Peter on purpose.
(d) Micky drowned Peter on purpose.
15. What happens to Tonio at the train station in Part 3, Chapter 4?
(a) He slips and falls in front of the train.
(b) Micky shoots him.
(c) He joins Micky and attempts to kill Hugh.
(d) Micky pushes him in front of the train.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Hugh and Nora move to in Part 2, Chapter 4?
2. How does Emily respond to Edward in Part 2, Chapter 4 when he finds out that she has tricked him?
3. Where does Hugh find Tonio in Part 2, Chapter 4?
4. What does Micky do to Solly that causes Solly's death?
5. Why is Augusta in a wheelchair in the Epilogue?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)