|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edward tell Micky about Whitehaven?
(a) He needs to move away from his mother.
(b) He hates the house.
(c) The house is too small.
(d) Emily has moved back in.
2. Why is Augusta in a wheelchair in the Epilogue?
(a) She fell trying to jump onto the ship as it moved out of the pier.
(b) She hurt her back throwing Micky overboard.
(c) She fell down her stairs trying to get her trunk out of the house.
(d) Micky beat her.
3. What is Maisie and Dan's conversation about with the guests at the wedding in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Social issues.
(b) Pilaster bank.
(c) The lavish food.
4. Why does Emily move back in to Whitehaven?
(a) To annoy Augusta.
(b) To get her annulment.
(c) So she can get pregnant.
(d) She misses Edward.
5. Why doesn't Ben continue his relationship with his daughter-in-law, Maisie?
(a) She is mean to Ben.
(b) She was a commoner and the child was not Solly's.
(c) She is not Jewish.
(d) Ben does not trust that she will handle money well.
6. What happens to Tonio at the train station in Part 3, Chapter 4?
(a) He joins Micky and attempts to kill Hugh.
(b) Micky pushes him in front of the train.
(c) Micky shoots him.
(d) He slips and falls in front of the train.
7. What hope does Hugh have if the Silva's faction wins the revolution?
(a) Edward will be completely ruined.
(b) The Cordovan government may repay the loans.
(c) Micky will be gone from his life forever.
(d) Augusta will be gone from his life forever.
8. Who does not take Augusta's side against Hugh in Part 3?
9. In the last decade, by Part 3, Chapter 2, how many bonds has Pilaster Bank given Cordova?
(a) Two a year.
(b) One total.
(c) One a year.
(d) Five total.
10. What does Emily want to discuss with Maisie after one of her afternoon teas in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Edward's relationship with Micky.
(b) Augusta's attitude toward her marriage to Edward.
(c) Edward's visits to Nellie's
(d) Personal problems with Edward.
11. Why do the partners back Augusta's desire to have Edward as Senior Partner in Part 3?
(a) She had begged them to.
(b) It is the right decision.
(c) She has blackmailed them.
(d) They don't want Hugh as Senior Partner.
12. Why does Ben Greenbourne go to Windfield in the Epilogue?
(a) He wants Bertie to be his grandson again.
(b) He wants to watch Bertie's water polo game.
(c) He wants to find out if Bertie is Hugh's son.
(d) He wants to cause trouble for Maisie and Hugh.
13. In Part 3, Chapter 1, what news does Emily bring to Maisie?
(a) Emily will divorced Edward.
(b) Emiily has fallen in love with a poet.
(c) Emily is going to have a baby.
(d) Emily and Edward have reuinited.
14. Where does Bertie go to school?
(b) Kensingon Methodist.
15. What is the last place that Hugh visits?
(a) The pond at Windfield.
(b) The bank.
(c) Peter's grave.
(d) His house in Kensington.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does Dorothy marry and the bank collapses?
2. What news does Edward give Micky when MIcky tells him that he is leaving the country?
3. How does Edward get Solly to agree to give money to the Santamaria Railroad?
4. How does Micky respond to what Emily does to trick Edward?
5. What does Mulberry do when Hugh tells him to close the bank's doors?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)