|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the partners want from Edward after the money crisis is discovered?
(a) His dignity.
(b) A written apology.
(d) His resignation.
2. What news does Edward give Micky when MIcky tells him that he is leaving the country?
(a) Edward has syphilis.
(b) Edward loathes Micky.
(c) Edward loves Micky.
(d) Edward will not go with Micky.
3. What personal matter is Ben dealing with in Part 3, Chapter 3, after the close of the bank?
(a) Health issues.
(b) A struggle over losing Bertie.
(c) Financial problems.
(d) His granddaughter is missing.
4. Where does Emily spend all of her time in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) At her parent's house.
(b) With Rachel.
(c) In a country house.
(d) In an apartment in the city.
5. What do Rachel and Micky argue about after the small dinner party Rachel had given for the Foreign Ministry?
(a) Micky going out at nights to the brothel.
(b) Micky's being rough with Rachel.
(c) Having children that Micky did not want.
(d) Micky's friendship with Edward.
6. What does Augusta ask Fortescue to do to help get Joseph the peerage?
(a) Remind the prime minister that Ben is Jewish.
(b) Advise Lady Morte to do as Augusta asks.
(c) Remind the prime minister that Joseph is a safe alternative.
(d) Advise Hobbes to do as Augusta asks.
7. Where do Hugh and Nora move to in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) To an apartment in London.
(b) To Edward's house where they all reside together.
(c) To Folkstone where his mother lives.
(d) A small house nine miles from London.
8. Why does Tonio come back to London in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) To warn Hugh of Micky's murderous family.
(b) To sway the Prime Minister to back President Garcia.
(c) To take his job back.
(d) To kill Micky.
9. Why is Solly so angry with Edward in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Solly knows how he has fought against Hugh.
(b) Solly knows that the railroad investment is no good.
(c) Solly discovered what he did to Emily.
(d) Solly knows that he and Augusta were behind the articles about Ben.
10. What does Maisie find out from Count Tokoly?
(a) That Nora made a pass at the Count.
(b) That Augusta told the Count that Nora was susceptible.
(c) That Micky had a hand in the situation at the costume ball.
(d) That Augusta asked the Count to make a scene with Nora.
11. Why does Emily move back in to Whitehaven?
(a) To annoy Augusta.
(b) She misses Edward.
(c) To get her annulment.
(d) So she can get pregnant.
12. What conclusion does Micky come to in Part 2, Chapter 5 about women?
(a) Englishmen are afraid of them.
(b) They are all idiots.
(c) They should be educated.
(d) They should be caged.
13. What does Emily do to Augusta when Augusta tries to take the papers from her in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) Emily ignores her and walks right passed her.
(b) Emily curses at her.
(c) Emily pushes her down.
(d) Emily slaps her.
14. What happens to Tonio at the train station in Part 3, Chapter 4?
(a) Micky pushes him in front of the train.
(b) He joins Micky and attempts to kill Hugh.
(c) He slips and falls in front of the train.
(d) Micky shoots him.
15. What does Mulberry do when Hugh tells him to close the bank's doors?
(a) He cries.
(b) He closes the doors.
(c) He curses.
(d) He refuses to close the doors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maisie ask of Hugh after they return from Bertie's school in Part 3, Chapter 1?
2. What gift does Hugh give to Nora after Maisie's party?
3. What compromise do the partners come to regarding Micky's loan?
4. What news does Nora give Hugh in Part 2, Chapter 5 that stops Hugh from making a major decision about his future?
5. How does Edward get Solly to agree to give money to the Santamaria Railroad?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)