|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening at Nellie's that is a gimmick that April put into practice?
(a) Women's choice.
(b) A masquerade.
(c) Gambling and girls.
(d) Blind Man's Buff.
2. What does Mulberry do when Hugh tells him to close the bank's doors?
(a) He cries.
(b) He curses.
(c) He refuses to close the doors.
(d) He closes the doors.
3. Why does Emily move back in to Whitehaven?
(a) To annoy Augusta.
(b) To get her annulment.
(c) She misses Edward.
(d) So she can get pregnant.
4. What gift does Hugh give to Nora after Maisie's party?
(a) A pendant of rubies and sapphires.
(b) Ruby earings.
(c) A sapphire brooch.
(d) A diamond ring.
5. How does Micky's plan with the ruffians almost go wrong?
(a) Tonio has relocated to another hotel.
(b) Two policemen walk down the street.
(c) The ruffians attack the wrong man.
(d) Tonio is first accompanied with Hugh.
6. How does Emily respond to Edward in Part 2, Chapter 4 when he finds out that she has tricked him?
(a) She begs him to not give up on them.
(b) She punches him.
(c) She tells Edward it is his fault.
(d) She kicks Micky in the groin.
7. What does Solly love to watch Maisie do, as described in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Get dressed.
(d) Entertain their friends.
8. What does Emily want to discuss with Maisie after one of her afternoon teas in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Edward's visits to Nellie's
(b) Edward's relationship with Micky.
(c) Personal problems with Edward.
(d) Augusta's attitude toward her marriage to Edward.
9. Where do Edward and Augusta spend the rest of Edward's life?
(b) Lima, Peru.
(d) The south of France.
10. What does Hugh give Dotty for her dowry?
(a) A dukedon.
(b) A farm.
(c) A house.
(d) 100,000 pounds.
11. Why do Hugh and Samuel decide to resign from the bank?
(a) Because the bank is backing Cordova.
(b) They want to open a bank of their own.
(c) Because Edward is named Senior Partner.
(d) They want to work with the Greenbournes.
12. How many children does Hugh have?
13. What does Hugh finally learn from Tonio in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Micky drowned Peter on purpose.
(b) Edward drowned Peter on purpose.
(c) Micky made sure Hugh was sent to Boston.
(d) Micky was instrumental in Tonio losing his job.
14. In Part 3, how does Nora treat her children?
(a) With irritability.
(b) She ignores them.
(c) With love and affection.
(d) Well, but not warmly.
15. Why is Solly so angry with Edward in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Solly knows that he and Augusta were behind the articles about Ben.
(b) Solly knows that the railroad investment is no good.
(c) Solly discovered what he did to Emily.
(d) Solly knows how he has fought against Hugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hugh think about telling Ben in Part 3, Chapter 3?
2. How has Micky gotten rich by Part 3, Chapter 2?
3. What has Hugh been unsuccessful at stopping in Part 2 , Chapter 5?
4. Why does Micky follow Solly from the club after he argues with Edward?
5. What happens to Tonio at the train station in Part 3, Chapter 4?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)