Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 3, why does Sidney Madler come to London to see Joseph?
(a) He is happy about the business.
(b) He is angry that business is not going well.
(c) He wants to make another deal.
(d) He is angry that Hugh is not a partner.
2. What compromise do the partners come to regarding Micky's loan?
(a) It is worth the risk.
(b) They will loan him half of what he asked for.
(c) They will ask for a higher commission.
(d) They will sell the bonds first and then give Micky the money they have made.
3. What is the catalyst that brings down the bank?
(a) Edward's bad management of the money.
(b) World recession.
(c) The Cordovan revolution.
(d) Investment in small businesses.
4. What does Hugh tell Micky about Edward in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) That he knows about the drowning.
(b) That Edward knows Micky is up to no good.
(c) That Edward will be asked to leave the bank.
(d) That Edward is in love with him.
5. Where do Hugh and Nora move to in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) A small house nine miles from London.
(b) To Edward's house where they all reside together.
(c) To Folkstone where his mother lives.
(d) To an apartment in London.
6. What conclusion does Micky come to in Part 2, Chapter 5 about women?
(a) They should be educated.
(b) Englishmen are afraid of them.
(c) They are all idiots.
(d) They should be caged.
7. Where is Maisie working in Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) At Nellie's, with April.
(b) At Windfield school.
(c) At Rachel's hospital.
(d) At the Pilaster Bank.
8. Where does Emily spend all of her time in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) With Rachel.
(b) At her parent's house.
(c) In a country house.
(d) In an apartment in the city.
9. What were the Mirandas planning on doing with the money they wanted to obtain from Pilaster's Bank?
(a) Build another railroad.
(b) Build a harbor.
(c) Lay seige to the capital of Cordova.
(d) Open more mines.
10. What has become of Maisie and Hugh in the Epilogue?
(a) They marry after Nora leaves.
(b) They raise the children together but don't marry.
(c) They remain friends.
(d) They go their separate ways.
11. What happens to Tonio at the train station in Part 3, Chapter 4?
(a) He slips and falls in front of the train.
(b) Micky shoots him.
(c) He joins Micky and attempts to kill Hugh.
(d) Micky pushes him in front of the train.
12. Why do the partners back Augusta's desire to have Edward as Senior Partner in Part 3?
(a) She has blackmailed them.
(b) It is the right decision.
(c) They don't want Hugh as Senior Partner.
(d) She had begged them to.
13. Why is Micky worried at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) He had to tell his father there would be no money.
(b) Edward is avoiding him.
(c) The police know about the drowning.
(d) Augusta won't speak to him.
14. What does Augusta ask Hobbes to do to help her get Joseph the peerage?
(a) To write a slanderous piece against Jews.
(b) To write a glowing piece for Joseph.
(c) To write that a Chistian banker is needed.
(d) To write a slanderous piece against Ben.
15. What does Mulberry do when Hugh tells him to close the bank's doors?
(a) He refuses to close the doors.
(b) He closes the doors.
(c) He cries.
(d) He curses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hugh do to try to save Pilaster's reputation?
2. What does Hugh finally learn from Tonio in Part 2, Chapter 4?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 4, under what name does Micky intend to travel?
4. What do Rachel and Micky argue about after the small dinner party Rachel had given for the Foreign Ministry?
5. In Part 3, how does Nora treat her children?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)