|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Hugh have?
2. What does Hobbes ask Augusta to get him a loan for from the bank?
(a) A new printing press.
(b) To hire more writers.
(c) To merge with another newspaper.
(d) A new office.
3. What is Maisie and Dan's conversation about with the guests at the wedding in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Social issues.
(b) Pilaster bank.
(c) The lavish food.
4. What does Hugh finally do with Maisie when he goes to the hospital to see Rachel?
(a) He says he is leaving Nora.
(b) He tells her that he loves her.
(c) He cries.
(d) He kisses her.
5. How does Emily respond to Edward in Part 2, Chapter 4 when he finds out that she has tricked him?
(a) She kicks Micky in the groin.
(b) She tells Edward it is his fault.
(c) She begs him to not give up on them.
(d) She punches him.
6. What conclusion does Micky come to in Part 2, Chapter 5 about women?
(a) They should be caged.
(b) Englishmen are afraid of them.
(c) They are all idiots.
(d) They should be educated.
7. How does Micky respond to what Emily does to trick Edward?
(a) He laughs heartily.
(b) He yells obscenities.
(c) He leaves the room.
(d) He calls for April to come fetch Emily.
8. In Part 3, what does Hugh tell Edward that changes everything for Edward?
(a) That Emily was involved with another man,.
(b) That Augusta and Micky have had a long time affair.
(c) That Micky is a murderer.
(d) That Micky loves Edward.
9. How old is Hugh in Part 3 of the novel?
10. What does Mulberry do when Hugh tells him to close the bank's doors?
(a) He closes the doors.
(b) He refuses to close the doors.
(c) He curses.
(d) He cries.
11. To whom does Maisie take Emily to find answers to her questions that she poses at the afternoon tea?
12. What does Edward tell Micky about Whitehaven?
(a) The house is too small.
(b) He needs to move away from his mother.
(c) He hates the house.
(d) Emily has moved back in.
13. What happens to Tonio at the train station in Part 3, Chapter 4?
(a) He slips and falls in front of the train.
(b) He joins Micky and attempts to kill Hugh.
(c) Micky shoots him.
(d) Micky pushes him in front of the train.
14. What does Hugh think about telling Ben in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) That Bertie is Hugh's son.
(b) That Micky killed Solly.
(c) That Solly never loved his father.
(d) That Ben is a mean old man.
15. What does Maisie say only a few moments after Hugh arrives to give his condolences in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Will you lend me money?
(b) Who do you think murdered Solly?
(c) If you hadn't married Nora, you could have married me.
(d) Bertie is your son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Maisie working in Part 3, Chapter 1?
2. What does Maisie find out from Count Tokoly?
3. What does the Prince of Wales tell Maisie that he will do for her?
4. Where does Bertie go to school?
5. Why do the partners back Augusta's desire to have Edward as Senior Partner in Part 3?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)