|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tonio come back to London in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) To take his job back.
(b) To warn Hugh of Micky's murderous family.
(c) To sway the Prime Minister to back President Garcia.
(d) To kill Micky.
2. What does Maisie find out from Count Tokoly?
(a) That Nora made a pass at the Count.
(b) That Augusta told the Count that Nora was susceptible.
(c) That Augusta asked the Count to make a scene with Nora.
(d) That Micky had a hand in the situation at the costume ball.
3. How does Micky persuade Edward to secretly give him the loan in Part 3?
(a) He tells Edward that he will have to return to Cordova.
(b) He tells Edward that he loves Augusta and will have to tell her if he does not get the money.
(c) He asks Edward to come live with him.
(d) He tells Edward that he loves him.
4. What does Augusta ask Fortescue to do to help get Joseph the peerage?
(a) Remind the prime minister that Ben is Jewish.
(b) Remind the prime minister that Joseph is a safe alternative.
(c) Advise Lady Morte to do as Augusta asks.
(d) Advise Hobbes to do as Augusta asks.
5. What does Hugh finally do with Maisie when he goes to the hospital to see Rachel?
(a) He cries.
(b) He says he is leaving Nora.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He tells her that he loves her.
6. What hope does Hugh have if the Silva's faction wins the revolution?
(a) Micky will be gone from his life forever.
(b) Augusta will be gone from his life forever.
(c) The Cordovan government may repay the loans.
(d) Edward will be completely ruined.
7. Why does Emily move back in to Whitehaven?
(a) To annoy Augusta.
(b) To get her annulment.
(c) She misses Edward.
(d) So she can get pregnant.
8. Where is Maisie working in Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) At Rachel's hospital.
(b) At Nellie's, with April.
(c) At Windfield school.
(d) At the Pilaster Bank.
9. Who is the unhappy guest at the wedding in Part 3, Chapter 3?
10. What does Hugh think about telling Ben in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) That Ben is a mean old man.
(b) That Solly never loved his father.
(c) That Bertie is Hugh's son.
(d) That Micky killed Solly.
11. What personal matter is Ben dealing with in Part 3, Chapter 3, after the close of the bank?
(a) Health issues.
(b) His granddaughter is missing.
(c) A struggle over losing Bertie.
(d) Financial problems.
12. What does Hugh tell Micky about Edward in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) That Edward is in love with him.
(b) That he knows about the drowning.
(c) That Edward knows Micky is up to no good.
(d) That Edward will be asked to leave the bank.
13. What does Maisie ask of Hugh after they return from Bertie's school in Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) To avenge Solly's death.
(b) To come home with her.
(c) To loan her money.
(d) To stay at the bank.
14. What does Micky do to Solly that causes Solly's death?
(a) Micky hits Solly with a rock and then pushes hiim into the river.
(b) Micky hires thugs to kill Solly.
(c) Micky pushes Solly in front of a carriage.
(d) Micky stabs Solly.
15. Why is Micky angry that he runs into Hugh when he returns to the club to play cards with Edward in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Micky hates Hugh and does not want to see him.
(b) Micky is visibly upset over Solly's death.
(c) Micky will not have an alibi.
(d) Micky does not want Hugh playing cards with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edward tell Micky about Whitehaven?
2. What does Augusta ask Lady Morte to do to help Joseph get the peerage?
3. What has become of Maisie and Hugh in the Epilogue?
4. Where does Hugh find Tonio in Part 2, Chapter 4?
5. What is the last place that Hugh visits?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)