|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tonio do for a "living"?
(a) He is a diplomat.
(b) He is an ambassador.
(c) He is an attache to the Codorvan Minister in London.
(d) He is a gambler.
2. What does Tonio do at the ratting that intrigues Micky?
(a) He places a large bet.
(b) He vomits.
(c) He kisses April.
(d) He laughs.
3. Where does Hugh meet Maisie again in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) At the Greenbourne house.
(b) At a club in London.
(c) At Nellie's.
(d) At Augusta's home.
4. How does Joseph react to the incident with Nora in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He questions whether Augusta was behind it all.
(c) He leaves the party immediately.
(d) He tells Hugh that he will not be a partner.
5. What happens in the park that draws Maisie closer to Hugh?
(a) Someone tries to rob them.
(b) Augusta confronts them and Hugh stands up to her.
(c) He protects her from ruffians.
(d) A carriage almost runs them over and Hugh pushes Maisie out of its way.
6. How does Maisie initially react to Hugh and Nora's romance?
(a) She thinks Nora is too low class for Hugh.
(b) She thinks Nora is madly in love with Hugh.
(c) She believes the two will do well together.
(d) She believes Nora is using Hugh.
7. Why is Papa so angry with Micky in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) Micky does not want Papa to wage war in Cordova.
(b) Micky calls Papa a barbarian.
(c) He still has not gotten Papa his loan.
(d) Micky does not want to back to Cordova.
8. Why do Micky and Edward treat Nell like royalty?
(a) They owe her money.
(b) She is royalty.
(c) To many, she is as important as the Queen.
(d) She owns the bar.
9. What system does Hugh come up with at the bank to organize papers?
(a) An input/output tray.
(b) Accounts receivable tray.
(d) A special paper tray.
10. What is Tonio's plan to ruin the Mirandas' plan?
(a) Purchase guns to start a war against them.
(b) Personally convince the bank not to lend them money.
(c) Run an editorial explaining the condition in the mines.
(d) Blackmail the Mirandas.
11. In Part 2, Chapter 1, what does Augusta want for herself and Joseph that she manipulates to get?
(a) A position of partner for Edward.
(c) The titles of Lord and Countess.
(d) Ownership of the bank.
12. What is the relationship between Hugh and Edward?
(a) They are best friends.
(b) They are brothers.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are enemies.
13. Why does Mr. Offerton send Hugh to the schoolmaster's office when he sees him in the courtyard in the Prologue?
(a) Hugh's mother is there to see him.
(b) Hugh will be whipped for going swimming.
(c) They want to question him about Micky.
(d) He needs to be told about Peter.
14. What lie does Augusta tell Madeleine while riding in the park in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) They are going to tell Seth about Samuel's sexuality.
(b) Hugh knows the Lioness personally.
(c) Seth has chosen Joseph as Senior Partner.
(d) Hugh has stolen ideas from the Prinicpal Clerk.
15. What does Maisie learn of Hugh at the lawyer's office in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) He has lost his job.
(b) He has died.
(c) He has left the country.
(d) He has married someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maisie eat with Bertie in the nursery?
2. Where does Hugh meet Nora?
3. To where does Danny run away in the Prologue?
4. What does Hugh decide to do with his future after the Nora incident in Part 2, Chapter 2?
5. Why is Augusta having a tea party in Part I, Chapter 1?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)