|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows up at the costume ball and questions Hugh?
(a) Nora's parents.
(b) Maisie's brother, Danny.
(c) The men from the New York bank.
(d) Peter Middleton's brother.
2. What is Tonio's plan to ruin the Mirandas' plan?
(a) Run an editorial explaining the condition in the mines.
(b) Personally convince the bank not to lend them money.
(c) Blackmail the Mirandas.
(d) Purchase guns to start a war against them.
3. In Part 2, Chapter 2, what is Hugh against the bank investing in?
(a) The Cordovan Railroad.
(b) New infrastructure for London.
(c) A new building for the bank.
(d) Russian bonds.
4. What kind of a woman is Augusta Pilaster?
(a) Weak, yet beautiful.
(b) Strong and beautiful.
(c) Easily swayed.
5. What does Augusta reveal to Micky at the end of Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) That she is afraid for Micky about the drowning.
(b) That she knows he killed Peter.
(c) That she wants him.
(d) That a lawyer is looking into the drowning of Peter.
6. What do Micky and Edward do to the other boys at the watering hole?
(a) They throw their clothes in the water.
(b) They join them in a game.
(c) They make them leave the hole.
(d) They take their clothes and run.
7. What title does Micky now have in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) President of Cordova.
(b) Diplomatic Attache.
(c) Cordovan Minister.
(d) Partner at the Pilaster's Bank.
8. Why does Hugh marry Nora?
(a) Because he loves her.
(b) To forget Maisie.
(c) To make his family angry.
(d) He wanted to spend the rest of his life holding her hand.
9. Solly's parents do NOT like Maisie for all of the following reasons except for which one?
(a) She had another man's baby.
(b) She can't have any more babies.
(c) She is a Russian Jew.
(d) She was poor.
10. Why does Samuel give in to Augusta's threats about his sexuality?
(a) He is afraid of her.
(b) He does not care about the bank.
(c) He does not want his father to be hurt.
(d) He does not want the bank to be hurt.
11. Why do Micky and Edward treat Nell like royalty?
(a) She owns the bar.
(b) To many, she is as important as the Queen.
(c) She is royalty.
(d) They owe her money.
12. What inappropriate action does Mickey take in the church with Augusta?
(a) He kisses her on the lips.
(b) He touches her cheek.
(c) He lies to her.
(d) He kisses her hand.
13. What sits at the top of the new Pilaster house?
(a) A diamond shaped gable.
(b) A bank.
(c) A stone ship.
(d) An angel.
14. In Part 2, Chapter 1, what does Augusta want for herself and Joseph that she manipulates to get?
(a) A position of partner for Edward.
(b) The titles of Lord and Countess.
(d) Ownership of the bank.
15. What does Micky decide to do in Part 2, Chapter 1 to get Edward to marry?
(a) Force Edward to marry.
(b) Trick Edward into marriage.
(c) Micky decides to marry.
(d) Leave London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What class of people generally go to the Argyll Room?
2. Where does Hugh meet Maisie again in Part 2, Chapter 1?
3. Where does Hugh go for the month of August before he leaves on his journey?
4. What does Joseph Pilaster collect?
5. What does Maisie eat with Bertie in the nursery?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)