|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening at Nellie's that is a gimmick that April put into practice?
(a) Gambling and girls.
(b) Women's choice.
(c) A masquerade.
(d) Blind Man's Buff.
2. Where does Micky now reside in Part I, Chapter 1?
(a) Edward's house.
(b) At the university.
3. What does Maisie say only a few moments after Hugh arrives to give his condolences in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Bertie is your son.
(b) Who do you think murdered Solly?
(c) If you hadn't married Nora, you could have married me.
(d) Will you lend me money?
4. Why is Solly so angry with Edward in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Solly knows that the railroad investment is no good.
(b) Solly knows that he and Augusta were behind the articles about Ben.
(c) Solly discovered what he did to Emily.
(d) Solly knows how he has fought against Hugh.
5. What does Joseph Pilaster collect?
(a) Jeweled snuff boxes.
(b) Peacock feathers.
(c) Jeweled rings.
(d) Ivory pipes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Augusta set up Nora at the ball?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 2, what is Hugh against the bank investing in?
3. Maisie doesn't want to be Solly's wife or mistress for all of the reasons except for which one?
4. Where does Hugh meet Nora?
5. How does Emily respond to Edward in Part 2, Chapter 4 when he finds out that she has tricked him?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)