|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 1, what does Augusta want for herself and Joseph that she manipulates to get?
(a) Ownership of the bank.
(b) A position of partner for Edward.
(c) The titles of Lord and Countess.
2. Why does Hugh marry Nora?
(a) To forget Maisie.
(b) To make his family angry.
(c) Because he loves her.
(d) He wanted to spend the rest of his life holding her hand.
3. In Part 3, what does Hugh tell Edward that changes everything for Edward?
(a) That Emily was involved with another man,.
(b) That Augusta and Micky have had a long time affair.
(c) That Micky is a murderer.
(d) That Micky loves Edward.
4. What is the conversation about during tea in Part I, Chapter 5?
(b) Seth's health.
(c) Joseph's new appointment at the bank.
(d) The financial crisis.
5. What inappropriate action does Mickey take in the church with Augusta?
(a) He lies to her.
(b) He kisses her hand.
(c) He kisses her on the lips.
(d) He touches her cheek.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Offerton send Hugh to the schoolmaster's office when he sees him in the courtyard in the Prologue?
2. Why is Solly so angry with Edward in Part 2, Chapter 5?
3. What does Hugh learn in his conversation with Ben in Part 2, Chapter 5?
4. How does Maisie initially react to Hugh and Nora's romance?
5. What does Hugh tell Micky about Edward in Part 3, Chapter 2?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)