|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title does Micky now have in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Partner at the Pilaster's Bank.
(b) Diplomatic Attache.
(c) President of Cordova.
(d) Cordovan Minister.
2. In the last decade, by Part 3, Chapter 2, how many bonds has Pilaster Bank given Cordova?
(a) One total.
(b) One a year.
(c) Two a year.
(d) Five total.
3. What does Solly ask Maisie at the races?
(a) Will she marry him?
(b) Did she bet on her favorite horse?
(c) Does she like Hugh?
(d) Will she be his mistress?
4. What do Rachel and Micky argue about after the small dinner party Rachel had given for the Foreign Ministry?
(a) Having children that Micky did not want.
(b) Micky's being rough with Rachel.
(c) Micky's friendship with Edward.
(d) Micky going out at nights to the brothel.
5. Why do Maisie and Hugh go into Augusta's house in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) Miasie wants to see the house.
(b) They want to be alone in his room.
(c) They are running from the ruffians from the park.
(d) A rain storm comes and soaks them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening at Nellie's that is a gimmick that April put into practice?
2. What does Samuel think of the offer that Hugh made to Cammel?
3. Why does Hugh tell Edward that his mother is looking for him?
4. Why do Hugh and Samuel decide to resign from the bank?
5. What types of people went to the horse races in London in the late 1800s?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)