|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the boys in detention in the Prologue of the book?
(a) Someone stole money.
(b) They were boisterous in class.
(c) One of them was insubordinate.
(d) They swam in the watering hole.
2. How does Micky's plan with the ruffians almost go wrong?
(a) Two policemen walk down the street.
(b) Tonio has relocated to another hotel.
(c) The ruffians attack the wrong man.
(d) Tonio is first accompanied with Hugh.
3. What is happening at Nellie's that is a gimmick that April put into practice?
(a) Blind Man's Buff.
(b) Gambling and girls.
(c) A masquerade.
(d) Women's choice.
4. What is ratting?
(a) Cock fighting.
(b) Cocks fighting against rats.
(c) Rats fighting against rats.
(d) A dog fight against rats.
5. Why does Joseph become angry with Augusta when she insists that he go to the park and NOT the bank on the holiday?
(a) He does not want to be told what to do.
(b) He wants to go to the bank with Hugh.
(c) He hates the park.
(d) He wants Augusta to go to the bank with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Solly so angry with Edward in Part 2, Chapter 5?
2. What does Hugh finally learn from Tonio in Part 2, Chapter 4?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what "secret" does Samuel know that he says may come back to haunt Augusta?
4. What news does Nora give Hugh in Part 2, Chapter 5 that stops Hugh from making a major decision about his future?
5. Why doesn't Maisie spend the entire day with Solly?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)