|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Samuel give in to Augusta's threats about his sexuality?
(a) He does not want his father to be hurt.
(b) He does not want the bank to be hurt.
(c) He is afraid of her.
(d) He does not care about the bank.
2. What does Tonio do for a "living"?
(a) He is an attache to the Codorvan Minister in London.
(b) He is a diplomat.
(c) He is a gambler.
(d) He is an ambassador.
3. What does Augusta ask Lady Morte to do to help Joseph get the peerage?
(a) To tell Her Majesty that Ben is a practicing Jew.
(b) To tell Lord Morte to gather his friends to vote for Joseph.
(c) To tell Her Majesty that Ben is a sinner.
(d) To tell Lord Morte not to vote for Ben.
4. What does Joseph Pilaster collect?
(a) Jeweled snuff boxes.
(b) Jeweled rings.
(c) Ivory pipes.
(d) Peacock feathers.
5. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what "secret" does Samuel know that he says may come back to haunt Augusta?
(a) Joseph's work is not respected.
(b) Peter's brother, a lawyer, is making inquiries.
(c) Joseph has been unfaithful.
(d) Augusta has feelings for Micky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maisie doesn't want to be Solly's wife or mistress for all of the reasons except for which one?
2. Why do Maisie and Hugh go into Augusta's house in Part 1, Chapter 4?
3. How does Micky kill Seth?
4. What does Hobbes ask Augusta to get him a loan for from the bank?
5. How does Emily respond to Edward in Part 2, Chapter 4 when he finds out that she has tricked him?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)