|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joseph Pilaster collect?
(a) Jeweled rings.
(b) Jeweled snuff boxes.
(c) Peacock feathers.
(d) Ivory pipes.
2. How does Edward get Solly to agree to give money to the Santamaria Railroad?
(a) Edward has to be nicer to Hugh.
(b) Edward has to take a share in a scheme of Solly's.
(c) Edward has to give up his partnership.
(d) Edward has to make a personal guarantee.
3. Why does Augusta set Nora up at the ball?
(a) Augusta is jealous of her and Hugh's success.
(b) Augusta does not like Nora.
(c) She does not want Hugh to become a partner at the bank.
(d) Since Nora is beneath them, Augusta does not want her to be part of the family.
4. Why does Solly take the train and the bus in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) Because he is with Maisie who is poor.
(b) He does not want Maisie to feel badly by taking a carriage.
(c) He wants to experience the other side.
(d) He has no money.
5. Why does Hugh marry Nora?
(a) To forget Maisie.
(b) He wanted to spend the rest of his life holding her hand.
(c) To make his family angry.
(d) Because he loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 1, how many years have passed since the Prologue?
2. Why does Maisie leave home in the Prologue?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what does Micky find in Tonio's room?
4. What does Augusta discuss with Lady Morte that offends the Lady?
5. Where does Hugh meet Maisie again in Part 2, Chapter 1?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)