|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Augusta pull out of her jewelry box in Part 2 to remind herself of the past?
(a) Ruby dragon earings.
(b) A string of pearls.
(c) A serpent ring.
(d) A diamand brooch.
2. Why is Micky angry that he runs into Hugh when he returns to the club to play cards with Edward in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Micky does not want Hugh playing cards with them.
(b) Micky hates Hugh and does not want to see him.
(c) Micky is visibly upset over Solly's death.
(d) Micky will not have an alibi.
3. Why did Pilaster and Co. shut down?
(a) The workers went on strike.
(b) Toby Pilaster hanged himself.
(c) Nobody wanted the company's goods any longer.
(d) The bank collapsed.
4. What conclusion does Micky come to in Part 2, Chapter 5 about women?
(a) Englishmen are afraid of them.
(b) They are all idiots.
(c) They should be caged.
(d) They should be educated.
5. How does Micky kill Seth?
(a) He frightens him into a heart attack.
(b) He suffocates him with his pillow.
(c) He stabs him.
(d) He poisons him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hugh ask Maisie to do after the races in Part 1, Chapter 4?
2. What correspondence is sent between Hugh and Florence in Part 1, Chapter 2?
3. How does Augusta manage to get Maisie to stay away from Hugh?
4. What does Maisie discover about herself in Part I, Chapter 5?
5. Where does Hugh go for the month of August before he leaves on his journey?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)