|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tonio do for a "living"?
(a) He is a diplomat.
(b) He is an ambassador.
(c) He is a gambler.
(d) He is an attache to the Codorvan Minister in London.
2. What inappropriate action does Mickey take in the church with Augusta?
(a) He lies to her.
(b) He touches her cheek.
(c) He kisses her hand.
(d) He kisses her on the lips.
3. Where does Emily spend all of her time in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) At her parent's house.
(b) With Rachel.
(c) In a country house.
(d) In an apartment in the city.
4. Where does Hugh go for the month of August before he leaves on his journey?
(a) To the seaside to be with his mother.
(b) He stays in London at the bank.
(c) To the countryside to spend time with friends.
(d) To Soho to be with Maisie.
5. What correspondence is sent between Hugh and Florence in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Letters of inquiry as to why he won't see her.
(b) Letters of inquiry as to why she won't see him.
(c) Letters from Florence concerning Rachel.
(d) Letters from the court telling Hugh that there is an injuction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily want to discuss with Maisie after one of her afternoon teas in Part 2, Chapter 3?
2. What news of Seth does Augusta give Micky when he comes to tea in Part 1, Chapter 5?
3. How does Edward get Solly to agree to give money to the Santamaria Railroad?
4. What lie does Augusta tell Madeleine while riding in the park in Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. What does Albert Cammel's letter to Hugh reveal?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)