|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Augusta having a tea party in Part I, Chapter 1?
(a) To show off her new house.
(b) To get Joseph voted Senior Partner.
(c) To keep Hugh from bettering himself.
(d) To get a loan for Micky's father.
2. What does Maisie learn of Hugh at the lawyer's office in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) He has died.
(b) He has lost his job.
(c) He has left the country.
(d) He has married someone else.
3. What does Augusta discuss with Lady Morte that offends the Lady?
(a) Young men.
4. What position is Hugh an assistant to in Part I, Chapter 3?
(a) Junior Partner.
(b) The Principal Clerk.
(c) Correspondence Clerk.
(d) Senior Partner.
5. What does Maisie stop from happening to Hugh during the Punch and Judy show?
(a) She stops a pickpocket.
(b) She stops him from taking a drink.
(c) She prevents Augusta from finding him at the races.
(d) She stops a man from hitting him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hugh help Sir John Cammel and himself at the same time in Part 1, Chapter 3?
2. Maisie doesn't want to be Solly's wife or mistress for all of the reasons except for which one?
3. What sits at the top of the new Pilaster house?
4. Why does Hugh tell Edward that his mother is looking for him?
5. Why does Hugh go with Micky and Edward to Nellie's?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)