|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tonio do for a "living"?
(a) He is an ambassador.
(b) He is an attache to the Codorvan Minister in London.
(c) He is a gambler.
(d) He is a diplomat.
2. Why won't Pilaster bank loan Carlos Miranda money?
(a) He is Spanish.
(b) He wants to purchase arms with it.
(c) He does not live in England.
(d) They don't know if he is legitimate or not.
3. In Part 2, Chapter 1, what does Augusta want for herself and Joseph that she manipulates to get?
(b) Ownership of the bank.
(c) A position of partner for Edward.
(d) The titles of Lord and Countess.
4. Why does Samuel give in to Augusta's threats about his sexuality?
(a) He does not want his father to be hurt.
(b) He does not want the bank to be hurt.
(c) He is afraid of her.
(d) He does not care about the bank.
5. What does Papa tell Micky that he has planned for Micky's future?
(a) That Micky will become President of Cordova.
(b) That Micky will become a general in Cordova.
(c) That Micky will run the ranch in Cordova.
(d) That Micky will become a soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a woman is Augusta Pilaster?
2. Who wins the ratting bet in Part 1, Chapter 2?
3. What does Maisie discover about herself in Part I, Chapter 5?
4. Where does Hugh go for the month of August before he leaves on his journey?
5. What news of Seth does Augusta give Micky when he comes to tea in Part 1, Chapter 5?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)