|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joseph Pilaster collect?
(a) Jeweled snuff boxes.
(b) Jeweled rings.
(c) Ivory pipes.
(d) Peacock feathers.
2. What system does Hugh come up with at the bank to organize papers?
(a) A special paper tray.
(c) An input/output tray.
(d) Accounts receivable tray.
3. What does Micky do at the baccarat game that makes things go his way?
(a) He plays with Tonio to help him lose.
(b) He plays with Edward as they set up a scam.
(c) He deals, so he can stack the cards.
(d) He barely bets, so he can't lose.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what job does Maisie find?
(a) She will clean horse stables.
(b) She will sell horses in the park and be paid for showing them.
(c) She will be a chamber maid.
(d) She will ride horses in the park for entertainment.
5. What do Micky and Edward do to the other boys at the watering hole?
(a) They take their clothes and run.
(b) They throw their clothes in the water.
(c) They join them in a game.
(d) They make them leave the hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maisie discover about herself in Part I, Chapter 5?
2. Where does Micky now reside in Part I, Chapter 1?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 5, who has posted a message in Lloyd's Weekly News for Maisie?
4. What does Samuel think of the offer that Hugh made to Cammel?
5. Why do Micky and Edward treat Nell like royalty?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)