|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hugh feel about the ratting?
(a) Hugh found the rats disgusting.
(b) Hugh hated that April seemed to like it.
(c) He thinks animals do what they have to, but humans are disgusting.
(d) Hugh laughed at the whole event.
2. Why does Hugh go with Micky and Edward to Nellie's?
(a) He hopes to find a woman there.
(b) He is curious.
(c) They laugh at him when he says he won't go.
(d) They make him go.
3. Why does Solly take the train and the bus in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) He does not want Maisie to feel badly by taking a carriage.
(b) He has no money.
(c) He wants to experience the other side.
(d) Because he is with Maisie who is poor.
4. What kind of a school is Windfield?
(a) A public school.
(b) A Jewish school.
(c) A boarding school.
(d) A Catholic school.
5. What does Papa tell Micky that he has planned for Micky's future?
(a) That Micky will become a general in Cordova.
(b) That Micky will run the ranch in Cordova.
(c) That Micky will become a soldier.
(d) That Micky will become President of Cordova.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Augusta know as Samuel Pilaster's weakness?
2. Why are the boys in detention in the Prologue of the book?
3. What position is Hugh an assistant to in Part I, Chapter 3?
4. Why do Maisie and Hugh go into Augusta's house in Part 1, Chapter 4?
5. How does Augusta manage to get Maisie to stay away from Hugh?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)