|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hugh go with Micky and Edward to Nellie's?
(a) They make him go.
(b) He is curious.
(c) They laugh at him when he says he won't go.
(d) He hopes to find a woman there.
2. What does Maisie stop from happening to Hugh during the Punch and Judy show?
(a) She stops a pickpocket.
(b) She stops a man from hitting him.
(c) She stops him from taking a drink.
(d) She prevents Augusta from finding him at the races.
3. What lie does Augusta tell Madeleine while riding in the park in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) Seth has chosen Joseph as Senior Partner.
(b) Hugh has stolen ideas from the Prinicpal Clerk.
(c) They are going to tell Seth about Samuel's sexuality.
(d) Hugh knows the Lioness personally.
4. What does Augusta lie to Lady Stalworthy about?
(a) She says Hugh is a gambler.
(b) She says Hugh wants Florence for her money.
(c) She says Hugh's father was mentally ill.
(d) She says Hugh has had many women.
5. Why does Joseph become angry with Augusta when she insists that he go to the park and NOT the bank on the holiday?
(a) He does not want to be told what to do.
(b) He wants Augusta to go to the bank with him.
(c) He hates the park.
(d) He wants to go to the bank with Hugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Augusta having a tea party in Part I, Chapter 1?
2. What news of Seth does Augusta give Micky when he comes to tea in Part 1, Chapter 5?
3. Who helps Micky cover up the murder?
4. Why does Carlos want Micky to stay in London?
5. Why is Papa so angry with Micky in Part 1, Chapter 5?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)