|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hugh go for the month of August before he leaves on his journey?
(a) He stays in London at the bank.
(b) To Soho to be with Maisie.
(c) To the seaside to be with his mother.
(d) To the countryside to spend time with friends.
2. What kind of a school is Windfield?
(a) A Jewish school.
(b) A public school.
(c) A boarding school.
(d) A Catholic school.
3. What does Augusta lie to Lady Stalworthy about?
(a) She says Hugh is a gambler.
(b) She says Hugh has had many women.
(c) She says Hugh wants Florence for her money.
(d) She says Hugh's father was mentally ill.
4. What does Tonio do for a "living"?
(a) He is a gambler.
(b) He is a diplomat.
(c) He is an attache to the Codorvan Minister in London.
(d) He is an ambassador.
5. What is ratting?
(a) Cock fighting.
(b) A dog fight against rats.
(c) Cocks fighting against rats.
(d) Rats fighting against rats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joseph become angry with Augusta when she insists that he go to the park and NOT the bank on the holiday?
2. Why does Carlos want Micky to stay in London?
3. Why do Micky and Edward treat Nell like royalty?
4. What does Solly ask Maisie at the races?
5. Why does Hugh tell Edward that his mother is looking for him?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)