|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hugh tell Edward that his mother is looking for him?
(a) To be alone with Rachel.
(b) To make Edward mad.
(c) To show Augusta that she is not in control.
(d) To be alone with Florence.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 1, how many years have passed since the Prologue?
3. Why does Augusta show her new bedroom to Madeleine?
(a) She wants Madeleine to help her ruin Samuel.
(b) She wants to show off her new Japanese style.
(c) Because they are good friends who share everything.
(d) She wants Madeleine to help her keep Hugh down.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 5, who has posted a message in Lloyd's Weekly News for Maisie?
(a) Her mother and father.
(b) Danny, her brother.
5. What is the relationship between Hugh and Edward?
(a) They are brothers.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are enemies.
(d) They are best friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What correspondence is sent between Hugh and Florence in Part 1, Chapter 2?
2. What kind of a woman is Augusta Pilaster?
3. What does Maisie learn of Hugh at the lawyer's office in Part 1, Chapter 5?
4. Why does Maisie leave home in the Prologue?
5. Who helps Micky cover up the murder?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)