|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hugh go for the month of August before he leaves on his journey?
(a) To the countryside to spend time with friends.
(b) He stays in London at the bank.
(c) To Soho to be with Maisie.
(d) To the seaside to be with his mother.
2. Maisie doesn't want to be Solly's wife or mistress for all of the reasons except for which one?
(a) He is fat.
(b) She is not in love with him.
(c) He is too nice to deceive.
(d) He is rich.
3. How does Micky get Tonio to stay at the baccarat game longer than he wants to?
(a) He has a woman come into the room.
(b) He gives Tonio a winning hand.
(c) He offers him his own money to borrow.
(d) He gives him a cigar.
4. What does Tonio do for a "living"?
(a) He is a gambler.
(b) He is an attache to the Codorvan Minister in London.
(c) He is an ambassador.
(d) He is a diplomat.
5. What kind of a woman is Augusta Pilaster?
(a) Strong and beautiful.
(c) Weak, yet beautiful.
(d) Easily swayed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Hugh packing to go to as Part I, Chapter 5 opens?
2. What is ratting?
3. Why is Micky afraid of his father?
4. Who wins the ratting bet in Part 1, Chapter 2?
5. What does Maisie stop from happening to Hugh during the Punch and Judy show?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)