|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Augusta manage to get Maisie to stay away from Hugh?
(a) Augusta tells Maisie that Hugh loves another woman.
(b) Maisie knows Augusta will ruin Hugh by using her.
(c) Augusta threatens her.
(d) Augusta pays her.
2. Why are the boys in detention in the Prologue of the book?
(a) One of them was insubordinate.
(b) They swam in the watering hole.
(c) They were boisterous in class.
(d) Someone stole money.
3. What kind of a school is Windfield?
(a) A boarding school.
(b) A Catholic school.
(c) A Jewish school.
(d) A public school.
4. What inappropriate action does Mickey take in the church with Augusta?
(a) He touches her cheek.
(b) He kisses her on the lips.
(c) He lies to her.
(d) He kisses her hand.
5. What does Maisie learn of Hugh at the lawyer's office in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) He has left the country.
(b) He has died.
(c) He has lost his job.
(d) He has married someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Samuel think of the offer that Hugh made to Cammel?
2. Why does Joseph become angry with Augusta when she insists that he go to the park and NOT the bank on the holiday?
3. Why does Samuel give in to Augusta's threats about his sexuality?
4. How does Micky kill Seth?
5. Who is Solly Greenhouse's date at the Argyll Room?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)