|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Pilaster bank loan Carlos Miranda money?
(a) They don't know if he is legitimate or not.
(b) He does not live in England.
(c) He wants to purchase arms with it.
(d) He is Spanish.
2. Why does Maisie leave home in the Prologue?
(a) Her brother, Danny, runs away.
(b) She is hungry.
(c) She hates her father.
(d) She does not want her mother to starve for her.
3. Where is Hugh packing to go to as Part I, Chapter 5 opens?
(a) New York.
4. Who do Edward, Micky and Hugh meet in the Argyll Room?
(a) Micky's father, Carlos.
(b) Danny Robinson.
(c) Friends from high school.
(d) Call girls.
5. How does Micky get Tonio to offer him his job in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) He blackmails Tonio.
(b) He gets Tonio to believe he will be sent back to Cordova.
(c) Tonio is afraid of what Micky can do to him.
(d) He convinces Tonio that he is his friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maisie learn of Hugh at the lawyer's office in Part 1, Chapter 5?
2. Who wins the ratting bet in Part 1, Chapter 2?
3. Why does Samuel give in to Augusta's threats about his sexuality?
4. What does Maisie discover about herself in Part I, Chapter 5?
5. What does Papa tell Micky that he has planned for Micky's future?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)