|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Pilaster bank loan Carlos Miranda money?
(a) He wants to purchase arms with it.
(b) He is Spanish.
(c) They don't know if he is legitimate or not.
(d) He does not live in England.
2. Why is Augusta having a tea party in Part I, Chapter 1?
(a) To keep Hugh from bettering himself.
(b) To get a loan for Micky's father.
(c) To get Joseph voted Senior Partner.
(d) To show off her new house.
3. In Part 1, Chapter 1, how many years have passed since the Prologue?
4. What correspondence is sent between Hugh and Florence in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Letters from the court telling Hugh that there is an injuction.
(b) Letters from Florence concerning Rachel.
(c) Letters of inquiry as to why she won't see him.
(d) Letters of inquiry as to why he won't see her.
5. What class of people generally go to the Argyll Room?
(b) Clerks and small businessmen.
(c) Call girls and the men who want them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Augusta lie to Lady Stalworthy about?
2. Who is Solly Greenhouse's date at the Argyll Room?
3. Who wins the ratting bet in Part 1, Chapter 2?
4. What do Micky and Edward do to the other boys at the watering hole?
5. What is the relationship between Hugh and Edward?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)