|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joseph Pilaster collect?
(a) Ivory pipes.
(b) Peacock feathers.
(c) Jeweled snuff boxes.
(d) Jeweled rings.
2. Who do Edward, Micky and Hugh meet in the Argyll Room?
(a) Danny Robinson.
(b) Friends from high school.
(c) Call girls.
(d) Micky's father, Carlos.
3. Why is Micky afraid of his father?
(a) He has beaten Micky many times.
(b) He is ignorant and angry.
(c) He can force Micky to go back to Mexico.
(d) He has done heinous things to those who have gone against him.
4. Why does Carlos want Micky to stay in London?
(a) To sell nitrate for him.
(b) To keep him away from his brother, Paulo.
(c) To marry into the Pilaster family.
(d) To get money from the banks for him.
5. What do Micky and Edward do to the other boys at the watering hole?
(a) They make them leave the hole.
(b) They join them in a game.
(c) They throw their clothes in the water.
(d) They take their clothes and run.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the boys in detention in the Prologue of the book?
2. Why is Tonio crying when he meets up with Hugh in the woods?
3. Why do Micky and Edward go to Nellie's in Part 1, Chapter 2?
4. Why won't Pilaster bank loan Carlos Miranda money?
5. What does Augusta know as Samuel Pilaster's weakness?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)