|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of a woman is Augusta Pilaster?
(a) Strong and beautiful.
(c) Weak, yet beautiful.
(d) Easily swayed.
2. What personal matter is Ben dealing with in Part 3, Chapter 3, after the close of the bank?
(a) A struggle over losing Bertie.
(b) Health issues.
(c) Financial problems.
(d) His granddaughter is missing.
3. Why does Hugh go with Micky and Edward to Nellie's?
(a) They laugh at him when he says he won't go.
(b) He is curious.
(c) He hopes to find a woman there.
(d) They make him go.
4. Why is Augusta having a tea party in Part I, Chapter 1?
(a) To show off her new house.
(b) To get Joseph voted Senior Partner.
(c) To get a loan for Micky's father.
(d) To keep Hugh from bettering himself.
5. How does Joseph react to the incident with Nora in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) He leaves the party immediately.
(b) He tells Hugh that he will not be a partner.
(c) He questions whether Augusta was behind it all.
(d) He laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Samuel give in to Augusta's threats about his sexuality?
2. What does Augusta reveal to Micky at the end of Part 1, Chapter 3?
3. Where does Hugh meet Nora?
4. Why does Micky follow Solly from the club after he argues with Edward?
5. What does Solly love to watch Maisie do, as described in Part 2, Chapter 3?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)