|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Micky persuade Edward to secretly give him the loan in Part 3?
(a) He asks Edward to come live with him.
(b) He tells Edward that he will have to return to Cordova.
(c) He tells Edward that he loves Augusta and will have to tell her if he does not get the money.
(d) He tells Edward that he loves him.
2. What is the catalyst that brings down the bank?
(a) World recession.
(b) Edward's bad management of the money.
(c) Investment in small businesses.
(d) The Cordovan revolution.
3. What does Hugh learn in his conversation with Ben in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Ben believes Solly was murdered.
(b) Bertie is his son.
(c) Solly did not know Maisie was poor.
(d) Solly did not know Bertie was not his.
4. What does Micky do to Solly that causes Solly's death?
(a) Micky pushes Solly in front of a carriage.
(b) Micky hits Solly with a rock and then pushes hiim into the river.
(c) Micky stabs Solly.
(d) Micky hires thugs to kill Solly.
5. How does Hugh help Sir John Cammel and himself at the same time in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) He offered to cash Cammel's check.
(b) He offered Cammel a better loan.
(c) He offered Cammel the opportunity to buy Russian bonds.
(d) He offered Cammel stocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hugh give Dotty for her dowry?
2. How does Micky respond to what Emily does to trick Edward?
3. How does Micky get Tonio to offer him his job in Part 1, Chapter 4?
4. Where does Hugh find Tonio in Part 2, Chapter 4?
5. What position is Hugh an assistant to in Part I, Chapter 3?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)