|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papa tell Micky that he has planned for Micky's future?
(a) That Micky will run the ranch in Cordova.
(b) That Micky will become a general in Cordova.
(c) That Micky will become a soldier.
(d) That Micky will become President of Cordova.
2. What does Hugh finally learn from Tonio in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Micky drowned Peter on purpose.
(b) Edward drowned Peter on purpose.
(c) Micky was instrumental in Tonio losing his job.
(d) Micky made sure Hugh was sent to Boston.
3. What is Tonio's plan to ruin the Mirandas' plan?
(a) Personally convince the bank not to lend them money.
(b) Purchase guns to start a war against them.
(c) Blackmail the Mirandas.
(d) Run an editorial explaining the condition in the mines.
4. Who is Solly Greenhouse's date at the Argyll Room?
(a) April Tilsley.
(b) Maisie Robinson.
(c) Rachel Bodwin.
(d) Florence Stalworthy.
5. Why does Augusta set Nora up at the ball?
(a) Since Nora is beneath them, Augusta does not want her to be part of the family.
(b) Augusta does not like Nora.
(c) She does not want Hugh to become a partner at the bank.
(d) Augusta is jealous of her and Hugh's success.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a woman is Augusta Pilaster?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what does Micky find in Tonio's room?
3. Why do the partners back Augusta's desire to have Edward as Senior Partner in Part 3?
4. Why are the boys in detention in the Prologue of the book?
5. How does Hugh feel about the ratting?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)