|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Solly Greenhouse's date at the Argyll Room?
(a) Florence Stalworthy.
(b) April Tilsley.
(c) Rachel Bodwin.
(d) Maisie Robinson.
2. What risk does Maisie take for Nora in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) She goes to April's with her.
(b) She is going to re-introduce her to society.
(c) She speaks to Augusta on her behalf.
(d) She keeps a secret from Solly for her.
3. How does Micky get Tonio to stay at the baccarat game longer than he wants to?
(a) He has a woman come into the room.
(b) He gives him a cigar.
(c) He gives Tonio a winning hand.
(d) He offers him his own money to borrow.
4. What do the partners want from Edward after the money crisis is discovered?
(a) A written apology.
(b) His dignity.
(d) His resignation.
5. What does Micky do at the baccarat game that makes things go his way?
(a) He barely bets, so he can't lose.
(b) He plays with Tonio to help him lose.
(c) He plays with Edward as they set up a scam.
(d) He deals, so he can stack the cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maisie learn of Hugh at the lawyer's office in Part 1, Chapter 5?
2. Maisie doesn't want to be Solly's wife or mistress for all of the reasons except for which one?
3. Why do Micky and Edward go to Nellie's in Part 1, Chapter 2?
4. Why does Emily move back in to Whitehaven?
5. How much time passes before Hugh returns to London at the beginning of Part 2?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)