|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What correspondence is sent between Hugh and Florence in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Letters from Florence concerning Rachel.
(b) Letters of inquiry as to why he won't see her.
(c) Letters from the court telling Hugh that there is an injuction.
(d) Letters of inquiry as to why she won't see him.
2. Why does Augusta have Micky walk her to the church in the Prologue?
(a) To make him tell her the truth about Peter.
(b) So she would not have to walk alone.
(c) To invite him to her home for the summer.
(d) To have him show her the way.
3. Why did Pilaster and Co. shut down?
(a) The bank collapsed.
(b) Nobody wanted the company's goods any longer.
(c) The workers went on strike.
(d) Toby Pilaster hanged himself.
4. Who do Edward, Micky and Hugh meet in the Argyll Room?
(a) Call girls.
(b) Micky's father, Carlos.
(c) Danny Robinson.
(d) Friends from high school.
5. Why are the boys in detention in the Prologue of the book?
(a) They were boisterous in class.
(b) Someone stole money.
(c) They swam in the watering hole.
(d) One of them was insubordinate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Augusta having a tea party in Part I, Chapter 1?
2. Why does Maisie leave home in the Prologue?
3. How does Micky get Tonio to stay at the baccarat game longer than he wants to?
4. Why does Hugh tell Edward that his mother is looking for him?
5. What does Augusta lie to Lady Stalworthy about?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)