|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 1, how many years have passed since the Prologue?
2. Why does Joseph become angry with Augusta when she insists that he go to the park and NOT the bank on the holiday?
(a) He wants to go to the bank with Hugh.
(b) He hates the park.
(c) He does not want to be told what to do.
(d) He wants Augusta to go to the bank with him.
3. What types of people went to the horse races in London in the late 1800s?
(a) All types.
(b) Just the working class.
(c) Just the weathy.
(d) Just the poor.
4. Why is Augusta having a tea party in Part I, Chapter 1?
(a) To keep Hugh from bettering himself.
(b) To get a loan for Micky's father.
(c) To show off her new house.
(d) To get Joseph voted Senior Partner.
5. Why did Pilaster and Co. shut down?
(a) Nobody wanted the company's goods any longer.
(b) The bank collapsed.
(c) The workers went on strike.
(d) Toby Pilaster hanged himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Micky and Edward do to the other boys at the watering hole?
2. Who wins the ratting bet in Part 1, Chapter 2?
3. Who is Solly Greenhouse's date at the Argyll Room?
4. Why does Hugh go with Micky and Edward to Nellie's?
5. What does Joseph Pilaster collect?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)