|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Samuel think of the offer that Hugh made to Cammel?
(a) He fires Hugh for insubordination.
(b) He admires Hugh's precociousness.
(c) He laughs about it and tells Hugh not to do it again.
(d) He is angry at Hugh's taking charge.
2. What is the relationship between Hugh and Edward?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are best friends.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) They are enemies.
3. What lie does Augusta tell Madeleine while riding in the park in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) They are going to tell Seth about Samuel's sexuality.
(b) Hugh knows the Lioness personally.
(c) Hugh has stolen ideas from the Prinicpal Clerk.
(d) Seth has chosen Joseph as Senior Partner.
4. How does Micky get Tonio to stay at the baccarat game longer than he wants to?
(a) He gives him a cigar.
(b) He offers him his own money to borrow.
(c) He gives Tonio a winning hand.
(d) He has a woman come into the room.
5. How does Hugh help Sir John Cammel and himself at the same time in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) He offered Cammel the opportunity to buy Russian bonds.
(b) He offered to cash Cammel's check.
(c) He offered Cammel a better loan.
(d) He offered Cammel stocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maisie doesn't want to be Solly's wife or mistress for all of the reasons except for which one?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what job does Maisie find?
3. What correspondence is sent between Hugh and Florence in Part 1, Chapter 2?
4. Why is Augusta having a tea party in Part I, Chapter 1?
5. Where does Micky now reside in Part I, Chapter 1?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)