|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Augusta know as Samuel Pilaster's weakness?
(c) A young man.
2. What system does Hugh come up with at the bank to organize papers?
(a) A special paper tray.
(b) An input/output tray.
(c) Accounts receivable tray.
3. What position is Hugh an assistant to in Part I, Chapter 3?
(a) Correspondence Clerk.
(b) Senior Partner.
(c) Junior Partner.
(d) The Principal Clerk.
4. What does Joseph Pilaster collect?
(a) Jeweled rings.
(b) Jeweled snuff boxes.
(c) Peacock feathers.
(d) Ivory pipes.
5. Why did Pilaster and Co. shut down?
(a) The bank collapsed.
(b) The workers went on strike.
(c) Toby Pilaster hanged himself.
(d) Nobody wanted the company's goods any longer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maisie doesn't want to be Solly's wife or mistress for all of the reasons except for which one?
2. What inappropriate action does Mickey take in the church with Augusta?
3. Why won't Pilaster bank loan Carlos Miranda money?
4. How does Hugh help Sir John Cammel and himself at the same time in Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. Why doesn't Maisie spend the entire day with Solly?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)