|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Augusta manage to get Maisie to stay away from Hugh?
(a) Augusta threatens her.
(b) Augusta tells Maisie that Hugh loves another woman.
(c) Augusta pays her.
(d) Maisie knows Augusta will ruin Hugh by using her.
2. What kind of a school is Windfield?
(a) A boarding school.
(b) A Catholic school.
(c) A public school.
(d) A Jewish school.
3. Why do Micky and Edward treat Nell like royalty?
(a) To many, she is as important as the Queen.
(b) She owns the bar.
(c) She is royalty.
(d) They owe her money.
4. What does Maisie stop from happening to Hugh during the Punch and Judy show?
(a) She stops him from taking a drink.
(b) She prevents Augusta from finding him at the races.
(c) She stops a pickpocket.
(d) She stops a man from hitting him.
5. Why is Augusta having a tea party in Part I, Chapter 1?
(a) To get a loan for Micky's father.
(b) To keep Hugh from bettering himself.
(c) To get Joseph voted Senior Partner.
(d) To show off her new house.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what "secret" does Samuel know that he says may come back to haunt Augusta?
2. Where does Micky now reside in Part I, Chapter 1?
3. Who wins the ratting bet in Part 1, Chapter 2?
4. What correspondence is sent between Hugh and Florence in Part 1, Chapter 2?
5. What is the relationship between Hugh and Edward?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)