|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joseph react to the incident with Nora in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) He leaves the party immediately.
(b) He tells Hugh that he will not be a partner.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He questions whether Augusta was behind it all.
2. What does Maisie discover about herself in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) She is not Jewish.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She does not love Hugh.
3. Why does Augusta show her new bedroom to Madeleine?
(a) She wants Madeleine to help her keep Hugh down.
(b) She wants Madeleine to help her ruin Samuel.
(c) Because they are good friends who share everything.
(d) She wants to show off her new Japanese style.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 5, who has posted a message in Lloyd's Weekly News for Maisie?
(a) Her mother and father.
(d) Danny, her brother.
5. In Part 1, Chapter 1, how many years have passed since the Prologue?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Augusta get invited to the Duchess' costume ball?
2. What does Albert Cammel's letter to Hugh reveal?
3. What does Augusta ask Fortescue to do to help get Joseph the peerage?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what does Micky find in Tonio's room?
5. How does Hugh help Sir John Cammel and himself at the same time in Part 1, Chapter 3?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)