|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Maisie working in Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) At Nellie's, with April.
(b) At the Pilaster Bank.
(c) At Rachel's hospital.
(d) At Windfield school.
2. How does Maisie initially react to Hugh and Nora's romance?
(a) She thinks Nora is too low class for Hugh.
(b) She believes the two will do well together.
(c) She believes Nora is using Hugh.
(d) She thinks Nora is madly in love with Hugh.
3. What does Samuel think of the offer that Hugh made to Cammel?
(a) He laughs about it and tells Hugh not to do it again.
(b) He fires Hugh for insubordination.
(c) He is angry at Hugh's taking charge.
(d) He admires Hugh's precociousness.
4. In Part 3, how does Nora treat her children?
(a) She ignores them.
(b) Well, but not warmly.
(c) With irritability.
(d) With love and affection.
5. What does Albert Cammel's letter to Hugh reveal?
(a) That Albert will testify against Edward.
(b) That Micky and Edward had been telling the truth about the drowning.
(c) That Micky and Augusta have a deeper relationship.
(d) That Edward drowned Peter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Augusta reveal to Micky at the end of Part 1, Chapter 3?
2. Why does Hugh marry Nora?
3. What lie does Augusta tell Madeleine while riding in the park in Part 1, Chapter 3?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 2, what is Hugh against the bank investing in?
5. Why do the partners back Augusta's desire to have Edward as Senior Partner in Part 3?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)