|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thursday do when she sees something unusual as she's driving from the airport?
(a) Nothing. She keeps driving through town.
(b) She stops and buys the car.
(c) She pursues Acheron alone.
(d) She waves to her father.
2. Thursday hears a news report on a protest in Chichester. What causes it?
(a) A debate on surrealism.
(b) The authorship of William Shakespeare's plays.
(c) The outcome of a croquet tournament.
(d) An actor's poor portrayal of King Richard III.
3. Who does Thursday lose in the Crimean War?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her fiance.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her cousin.
4. Who is instructed to kill the character taken out of their story by the Prose Portal?
(d) One of the John Miltons.
5. Why does Mycroft need a new assistant?
(a) His last assistant was fired for stealing his ideas.
(b) His last assistant was killed in an accident.
(c) His last assistant mysteriously vanished.
(d) His last assistant quit to work for another inventor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens just before Thursday's father appears to her?
2. Who designed the security at the museum that held Martin Chuzzlewit?
3. Why does Thursday agree to help Tamworth?
4. While at lunch with Bowden, who does Thursday discover has been kidnapped?
5. What is Mycroft going to show Thursday when they get called in for dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Colonel Phelps, and why is he headed to Swindon?
2. Explain Thursday's relationship with Landon Park-Laine.
3. What is SpecOps? Explain the division of SpecOps that Thursday works for.
4. Why does Buckett leave the stakeout?
5. What is a Will-Speak machine?
6. Who is Snood, and what is his relationship to Thursday?
7. Describe the LiteraTecs' office in Swindon.
8. What does Thursday's conversation with Victor and Bowden at the hotel bar reveal about Jack Schitt?
9. Why does Acheron Hades threaten to burn a copy of "I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud" in order to get Uncle Mycroft to cooperate?
10. While Thursday is in the hospital, a car appears in her room. Who is in the car, and what does this person tell her?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)